Chapter 32

You're who now?

Nari

I've been in the hospital the past few days. My aunt had shown up a day prior and she has been with me ever since. I told Woohyun he could go back to school after staying with me this whole time and he finally agreed to it. Though he would come and stop by every now and then, giving me the homework I missed out on. 

Jimin still hasn't woken up yet. The doctors said that they don't expect him to wake up for a couple weeks. However, that's just a guess. Each day that passes by, the more worried I become. The guilt has been eating away at me, my mind full of 'what if's.'

What if he doesn't wake up?

What if he get worse as time goes on?

What if I had gone home sooner?

"Nari, I think you should go back already. You've been here for over a week."

I rubbed my eyes and looked up to my aunt. I shook my head and squeezed Jimin's hand.

"I'm not leaving him. I have to stay."

"Nari, look at yourself. You look horrible. You need to rest and take a break. I'll be with Jimin in the meantime okay?"

"How do I know your not going to leave again for some project?" I asked narrowing my eyes at her. She sighed and put her head down before walking over to me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Look, I'm really sorry. If I had known this would happen, I would have never left. Just, please Nari, go back to school. You staying here is only hurting yourself. Don't you think Jimin wants to see you happy and okay, not here crying over him?"

I looked down and sighed. My hand tightened Jimin's before I looked at him one last time.

"....Arasso."

Reluctantly, I let go of Jimin's hand and grabbed my bag full of my dirty clothes and what not. Though I guess my aunt is right, because I only have one more pair of clothes left that's still clean. I'd have to go back sooner or later.

"If anything happens, you call me right away. I don't care if I'm in the middle of taking a test or whatever, you call me right away, okay?" I said to my aunt before heading over to the door.

She nodded her head and shooed me off. I took one last glance at Jimin before sighing and leaving the room.

I was able to get back to Woollim quicker since my aunt had given me money to take a bus back. It was early in the morning and not many people were on the bus which I was thankful for. I didn't want to deal with anything or anyone at the moment. And I definitely didn't want to go back to school and have to work. But when have things really gone the way I wanted them to?

I stepped off the bus and walked into Woollim, classes had already begun. When I walked in, I went up to the front desk and told about my absence from school. She nodded her head and said I was excused from the days I missed and that I didn't have to go to classes today, which was a relief. I walked back to the dorms and opened the door, no one inside. My bag dropped from my shoulder and I plopped myself down on the couch, sinking into the cushion. I must say, it did feel nice and was much better than that chair at the hospital.

I closed my eyes and just sat still, the only noise coming from the clock on the wall. The room was quiet and it was a little cold. I opened my eyes and saw a blanket in the corner and went up to go grab it. Though when I grabbed the blanket, I saw somethings hiding underneath it.

"What the..."

I looked at all the boxes wrapped up with bows on them. There were 6 boxes and I grabbed one, inspecting it from all angles. My eyes landed on the tag hanging from the side of the box.

Happy birthday Sungjong!!

My eyes widened, realizing it was Sungjong's birthday. I put the present back in the corner and put the blanket back over them, making sure you couldn't see anything. 

"Why didn't Woohyun tell me, I could of got something for him."

I looked back over to the clock and grabbed my phone before heading out of the dorms again. The halls were still empty so I was able to quickly leave the building without anyone knowing I came back. My aunt had given me more money than what the bus ride had cost. I'd realized that as soon as she gave it to me but she insisted that I keep it. I'm glad that I didn't argue because now I have some money to get a gift for Sungjong.

I got on another bus and headed into the city around a shopping center. When I got off the bus, there was people everywhere, much different than where I just was. People were walking all over the place, people eating street food, buying items at the shops, just rushing around the place. It wasn't my first time in this part of the city, but it felt weird to be here. The last time that I was, well, I had three other people that I loved with me.

I shook my head and started walking around the area, my mind thinking of what I should get Sungjong. To be honest, now that I think about it, I don't know much about Sungjong. Or at least what he likes. Either way, I found myself in a dilemma which was the last thing I needed right now.

I walked passed many shops, looking in to see what they had. Though when you don't know what someone likes, it's awfully difficult to chose because everything seems likes that person wouldn't like it. I've lost count of how many times I picked up something, which I wouldn't mind getting as a gift, but put it back because I think Sungjong wouldn't like it. I mean these guys are pretty rich, I bet all the gifts infinite got are crazy expensive. I feel anything that I get won't be worthy enough.

I sighed and went into another store, looking around for something that wouldn't be so bad. My eyes were scanning for something affordable, yet looked really expensive, that way it looks like it's actually worth something.

"Hello mister, can I help you with anything?" A women came up to me from behind the counter.

"Um, do you have anything that isn't too expensive but looks expensive" I said chuckling a bit.

The lady chuckled as well. "Is there something particular your looking for?"

"Uh, I don't know..."

"Well why don't we look around then."

The store clerk took me around the store and showed me different things that I could possibly buy yet nothing was really standing out to me or gave me a feeling that Sungjong would like it. We passed books, sports items, hats, clothes, shoes, headphones but we didn't pick any of those things. Eventually, the lady took me to a glass case that had different jewelry in it.

"Uh, aren't these for girls?" I asked confused.

"Well you never said who you were getting this gift for."

"Oh yeah..."

The lady smiled and laughed. "That's okay but jewelry isn't just for girls. Why don't you take a look before canceling it out completely."

I nodded my head and went over to the glass case and looked at all the jewelry. 80 percent of it was for girls but there were some things for guys as well. I looked at all the necklaces and bracelets and other things but I still had no clue on what I should get. Just when I was about to give up, my eye spotted a different looking bracelet in the corner of the case.

"Uh, can I see that one." I said pointing to the bracelet.

"Sure." The lady went to the other side and slid open the glass door, taking the bracelet out and handing it to me. It was a wooden bracelet that you pulled each string to tighten it. But the charm in the middle is what made me take a second look. In the middle was a silver infinity sign that gave it a unique feel to it.

"I have bracelets similar to that one if you don't like the charm." The lady said going into the back and bringing out more bracelets that were just like this one with different charms on it. I looked through all the bracelets but I still held onto the infinity one. In my mind, I knew this was the one I was going to get. I mean it just makes sense, Infinite, infinity, why wouldn't I get it? Though I still looked through the bracelets because I wanted to get someone else a bracelet as well.

"How much are these?"

"All of them are 2,000 won each" She said smiling at me. "These are cheap but they don't look expensive, is that okay?"

"Yeah, yeah it's fine."

I grabbed another bracelet that had a moon charm on it, planning to give it to Jimin. However, I still continued looking at the other bracelets as well. Maybe I should get Woohyun one for being there for me these days. I picked up another one that had a sun charm thinking it was appropriate since Woohyun could make me smile in my worst days. I kept looking at them with my mind still thinking. Maybe I should get one for all of infinite. That way if their birthday comes up, I'll already have something. Before I knew it, I had 8 bracelets in my hand, each with a different charm on it.

The lady chuckled at me. "I thought you wanted one gift."

I looked down at my bracelets and chuckled. "Well, I guess I want to give my other friends one too."

"Your a nice friend you know that."

I laughed and handed her all the bracelets that I was going to get.

"Oh, and can you wrap the one with the infinity sign on it?"

"Of course." The lady took said bracelet to the back and wrapped it in a small box. She came back and put the rest of the bracelets in a bag for me before handing it to me.

"That'll be 16,000 won."

I took out my wallet and handed the money to her while she handed me back the receipt. I thanked her before I started walking out.

"Oh, mister!"

I turned around to look at the lady once more.

"Please do rest, you look very drained." I nodded my head before I slipped out the door.

The streets were even more filled than they were before, If that's even possible. The sun was higher in the sky so I knew it was later in the day. I was planning on heading back to the dorms, but the sound of my stomach growling told me otherwise. By now all the shops were open and the smell of street food started to make my mouth water.

"I guess a little food wouldn't hurt."

I hadn't really eaten these past few days, only snacks and some hospital food. I lost some weight too so my stomach was practically begging me to give it something. My feet took me to the nearest food stand that was selling ddeokbokki. My wallet took another jab as I payed for the food and devoured it in a couple of minutes. I sat down at a bench and rested for a minute. I watched all the different types of people walk by. One of my favorite things to do in the city was actually just observe everyone. It might sound creepy but you actually find quite a lot of things out about a person. Their fashion sense, how they act toward other people, how they get around whether on bike or walking, making guesses on how much money that person makes. There is a lot you can find out about someone by just sitting back and watching, however it isn't always right. Some people are easy to read like a book, yet others are difficult, making you look deeper than the surface to find out who they really are.

I'm like that.

And I know someone else who is.

I wonder if he's still mad at me.

I looked down at my phone and saw it was getting pretty late in the day. I got up and waited for the bus to come before heading back to Woollim once again.

When I got back to Woollim, I arrived later than I wanted due to traffic. Classes were already over and students were roaming the campus. I payed for the bus and got off and headed into Woollim, making my way to the dorms. Students kept looking at me in the halls, probably because I look horrible, making me speed walk to get to the dorms. I didn't like the feeling of all these eyes on me.

I pushed open the door and closed it, relaxing after. Putting the gift for Sungjong under my jacket, I walked in further to the living room. At first, I didn't think anyone was here since it was dead quiet when I closed the door. But when in the living room, I saw all of infinite there in a circle with Sungjong opening gifts. All of them were staring at me, not saying anything. Great, I escape all the eyes out there to be stared at some more here.

"J-Jimin?" Sungjong was the first to say something, putting down his present.

I smiled and pulled out the wrapped bracelet underneath my coat.

"Happy birthday! I didn't really know what you like so I hope you like it." I said putting the tiny box down on the table for him to open.

Yet he didn't move an inch. No one did and no one said anything. I coughed akwardly and pushed the box closer to him, hoping he would pick it up and just open it.

"What...happened to you? You look awful." Sunggyu said breaking the silence.

I rolled my eyes. I don't know how many times I've been insulted on my looks this past week. I actually find it quite funny. "Look, just because I don't look perfect like you guys, doesn't mean you need to say it out loud. I got feelings too you know." I said laughing.

But no one else laughed, making my laughter die down very quickly. I stood there akwardly again, not knowing what to do. My eyes went back to my present and I pushed it even closer to Sungjong, hoping he'll just take the attention away from me.

And luckily for me, he picked up the box. "How did you know it's my birthday?" He asked hesitantly.

"Please, why wouldn't I know?"

"You didn't have to get me anything." He said looking down at the tiny box again.

I shook my head. "Of course I did, what kind of friend would I be if I-oof."

The breathe got knocked out of me as someone came up and wrapped their arms around me tightly, also making it hard to breathe. I stood there not knowing what to do for a second, but eventually, I hesitantly wrapped my arms around him as well.

"Do you know how worried I was? How can you even do that! I couldn't sleep and a-and I.. I-I..."

"I-I'm okay Myungsoo, I'm okay." I said while I patted his back. He still didn't let go, in fact he held on tighter making me a little akward.

"Uh, Myung you can let g-"

"We've been so worried!" I heard Dongwoo say before coming over as well and wrapping his arms around both of us.

"You gave us a heart attack, and dimbo hear wouldn't tell us anything!" Sungyeol said following in Dongwoo's footsteps and pointing at Woohyun.

Before I knew it, all of infinite, except Woohyun who was looking amused at the whole situation, came up and gave me one group hug. I felt bad for making them worry so much but they shouldn't have if Woohyun told them I was fine and not hurt. They continued to hug me until I was having trouble breathing, finally letting me go.

"Glad to see your back." Woohyun said coming up to me and giving me a light hug which I returned. He broke it off before giving my hair a ruffle while I glared at him.

I stepped back and saw that everyone was still staring at me. I groaned and looked at all of them. "Would you all stop staring! If there's anyone you should be staring at, it's birthday boy over there."

Sungjong chuckled before picking up the box and ripping the wrapping off. I stood there nervously, hoping he wouldn't hate it. When Sungjong opened the box, he gasped, making me even more nervous. I then looked at all the other presents on the table and my heart sunk a little. Brand new pair of expensive headphones, a squeaky clean pair of basketball sneakers, an expensive looking watch. Oh Nari, you should of got something that at least looked expensive.

"I love it!"

My eyes widened in shock. "Wait, what?"

"I love it! Thank you so much!" He said taking the bracelet out of the box and putting it on his wrist.

"Really? You don't have to lie to me if you don't like it." I said scratching my neck, looking at the watch on the table in envy.

"Of course I like it! Why wouldn't I?" Sungjong asked confused.

"Well compared to all...that it's really nothing." I said looking at all his presents.

Sungjong came up to me and gave me a hug. "Trust me, it is. Thank you." He said letting go.

I smiled. "Of course."

"So are you going to tell us where you've been for the past week?" Sungyeol asked in anticipation, making everyone's ear perk up, except for Woohyun.

"Just...out."

Sungyeol scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Just out? Did you even eat anything, you look like a skeleton."

"I just had ddeokbokki for your information." I stated crossing my arms.

"Why can't you just tell us!" Dongwoo wined.

"Because it doesn't concern any of you."

"But it concerns Woohyun?" Myungsoo said, his eyes showing anger.

"Yeah, how come Woohyun gets to know!" Sungyeol added.

Woohyun gave a glare to Sungyeol. "Dude, just be quiet."

"Can you all just forget about it?" I asked sighing. I should of known I would be interrogated when I came back.

"You've been gone for a week and come back looking like this, and you want us to forget about it?" Hoya stated, making me sound stupid for even trying to get them to let it go.

"We're just worried about you." Sunggyu said. I looked at him and I saw the concern in his eyes, making me sigh.

Myungsoo grabbed my arm turning me to him, looking directly into my eyes. "Why can't you just say! It's not hard!"

I scoffed. "Coming from the one who keeps to himself all the time."

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. I could feel the anger starting to seethe out of him. "Will you just tell us! Why is it so important that you can tell Woohyun but none of us! Why are you being like this!" He said starting to raise his voice, his grip tightening to an uncomfortable pressure.

"Myungsoo, my wrist. You're-"

"What happened! Where were you! JUST TELL US!"

"FINE!" I screamed, shutting him up and snapping him out of his anger trance or whatever. I harshly pulled my hand out of his grasp and back away from him, looking at all of them. They had all been quiet and looked scared. I would of laughed if I wasn't in such a mood.

"You guys wanna know where I've been? Well, I was at the hospital for the past week." Their faces showed confusement and worry, while Woohyun looked down with a sigh. "I went to visit my brother at my house, which you should know," I said glaring at Myungsoo, "and Woohyun came with me. When I got home, I found that he wasn't breathing and Woohyun had called an ambulance, coming to the hospital with me. My brother has a heart condition ever since he was 16 and sometimes his heart would act up but not to the point where he would stop breathing completely. Now, he's in some coma like state and hasn't woken up since last week when I left. I don't even know when he'll wake up or if he even will! So sorry for staying by his side. Sorry I only told Woohyun when he was the only one who stayed by my side and helped me through the week! Sorry for making you all worry about me when I told you not to! I'M SORRY!"

I took a shaky breathe making sure I wouldn't cry in front of them. I had already cried enough, I don't need to do it here. I looked at them all, completely shocked and speechless. I looked over to Myungsoo who had his head down, refusing to look up at me. My eyes wandered back to Sungjong and I let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry for ruining your birthday Sungjong. All I seem to do is bring down the mood." I checked my pocket to make sure I had my keys and phone.

"I'll just leave." I said turning to leave.

"Jimin, you don't have-"

"Woohyun, I'll be fine. Just.... stay with Sungjong." I said before walking out the dorm.

I wasn't leaving the school but I had to get out of there. My feet took me to a place I had only been once before, getting ready to start the whole thing over again. I walked up to the door and knocked on it, waiting for a reply.

The door swung open revealing a male not so taller than me.

"Oh, Jimin! Are you okay? You don't look good." Baekhyun said with concern.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Is Chanyeol here?"

"Uh, yeah, come on in." 

Baekhyun led me into there dorm and I saw Chanyeol sitting at a desk, working on the computer. When he looked up, his mouth dropped and his eyes widened. Within a split second, he ran up to me and hugged me tight.

"What happened to you? I've been so worried."

I chuckled. "That seems to be all I've been doing to people. Making them worry."

Chanyeol pulled away and studied my face, worry still written all over his face. I gave him a weak smile.

"I'll tell you in a little bit okay. Can I just use your shower now?"

Chanyeol nodded his head while I went to go take a shower, getting ready to start all over again.

 

 

SUNGJONG-infinite_17.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR BEAUTIFUL MAKNAE!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Thank you so much for reading, I hoped you liked the update! Also, I'd like to say all my prayers and condolences go out to Dongwoo and his family. May your father rest in peace and for only happiness to be brought to your family and Infinite. Inspirits are here for you. Infinite fighting!