Chapter 33

You're who now?

Nari

"So is he going to be alright?"

"I don't know. I hope so."

Chanyeol gave me a small smile before handing me a towel to dry my hair. I had just finished taking a shower and told Chanyeol what happened this past week.

"Don't worry. He's going to be fine."

I gave Chanyeol a tiny smile and sat down on his bed. Right now, Chanyeol was the only one in the dorm. Baekhyun had left soon after I arrived so it was just the both of us in the room. I took a good look around and saw all the things he had in area. There was a guitar in the corner, headphones on his desk, a pair of glasses, many hats, and photos of him and the rest of his friends as well as his family.

"So Woohyun knows too?" Chanyeol asked hesitantly.

I looked up to him and nodded. Chanyeol's face scrunched in worry and didn't look to thrilled about it. "Why? What's wrong? He won't tell anyone."

"No, it's not that. It's just.... nevermind." Chanyeol said walking to his kitchen. I gave him a wierd look before following him into the kitchen. In his hands, he was heating up some food.

"Want some ramen?"

I chuckled and nodded my head. "Why not."

Me and Chanyeol sat at his table eating ramen. It was getting prretty late in the day but I didn't want to go back to my dorms right away. If anything, they were probably celebrating Sungjong's birthday and I didn't need to make it any worse. Chanyeol had told me I could stay the night at his dorm but I didn't want to disturb his friends as well so I opted to just go back when they should all be asleep. That way I don't have to speak or interact with anyone. Especially, him.

"Oh yeah, if you don't mind me asking, what's that?" Chanyeol asked pointing at my jacket pocket.

I looked down and pulled out the bag, the bag full of bracelets meant for infinite. But as soon as I pulled it out, I face palmed myself for being so stupid. You idiot, you forgot to get Chanyeol one.

Chanyeol looked at me funny before chuckling. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I just.... ugh, they're bracelets I got for infinite." I said emptying the bag, all the bracelets falling out.

Chanyeol still looked confused. "Okay, and?"

"And, I forgot to get you one. Ugh, I'm so stupid. I'm sorry."

Chanyeol lips curled upward before looking at all the bracelets. "That's okay. You don't have to get me anything."

"Still, I feel bad now." I said mumbling to myself.

"Well don't be."

We finished eating our ramen before just hanging out in his dorm. We watched movies, played videogames, talked, anything that we could do inside his dorm. My mind forgot everything that had happened and I was just able to relax with Chanyeol, having a good time. The whole time, I forgot about school, Jimin, and Infinite and felt like I was hanging out with an old friend.

Though everything has to come to an end eventually. We have to wake up from our dreams and get back to reality. Chanyeol's friends had come back to the dorm and I excused myself, even though they said I could stay. I left Chanyeol's dorm and recieved a text. Pulling out my phone, I saw I had gotten a text from my aunt.

From: Aunt

Jimin hasn't woken up. Just keeping you updated.

I sighed and put my phone back into my pocket before aimlessly walking around the school building. No set destination, just not the dorms. It really amazes me how clueless I really am. Everytime I come here, I'm like a lost puppy looking for its owner. Yet the lost puppy doesn't know that the owner had long left awhile ago and that it's on its own from now on.

 I passed the few students still left playing sports outside and those heading back to their dorms to call it a night. I was the only one walking in the opposite direction as everyone else, going to sit on the bleachers outside. I looked up at the starry night sky and leaned back. The moon was a full moon and it reminded me of the bracelet I got for Jimin. I went into my pocket and pulled it out, putting it next to the real moon in the sky. The difference was that the moon on the bracelet was a cresent moon. I smiled looking at it.

 

~Flashback~

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive."

I looked up to the night sky filled with stars.

"Jimin, that can't be the north star."

Jimin looked back at me with an eyebrow raised. "How do you know?"

"Because north is that way." I said pointing in the right direction.

Jimin looked at the direction and looked up at the stars. He looked back at me with an amused smile. "Oh yeah, than which one is it ms.smarty pants?"

I looked back up to the stars and started my search. My finger traced the outline of the big dipper and followed the curve of it. My finger then landed on the small dipper before tracing the end of it landing on the last star. "That one right there."

Jimin scooted closer to me and looked in the direction of my finger. By the looks of it, he looked confused at which one I was pointing at. After about ten seconds, he gave up and laid back down.

"Eh, I'm telling you it's that one. It's the brightest." Jimin said pointing at the one he thought was it.

"Jimin, that's a planet." I said while chuckling.

Jimin laughed along too. "Well if we ever get lost, then you'll just have to navigate us then."

I rolled my eyes. "Uh huh."

"Well, there's one thing I know for sure and it's that." Jimin said while pointing at the sky again.

I raised an eyebrow. "The moon?"

"Yup, and that's all I need to know."

"What's so special about it?"

"Well, stars may illuminate the sky but the moon is what brings light to the darkness. It's like... it represents that there is still good in all the bad you know. Everytime something is going wrong, I come out here and just look at the moon. It helps me think of all the good I still have even in hard times."

I looked up to the full moon in the sky before looking back to Jimin. "Then what is the moon supposed to be."

Jimin looked back to me before smiling. "To me, you. Omma, Appa, our family. No matter what happens, I still have you guys. That's all I'll ever need."

I chuckled. "Your so cheesy oppa."

Jimin came up to me and started tickling me, making me laugh uncontrollably. "Maybe I am, but it's true. You guys are the light in my darkness."

"Jimin! Nari! Come on, it's getting late! Time for bed!"

Jimin looked back up. "Yes Omma!" I grabbed Jimin's hand to get up before we both went back into our house to call it night. Before I went to sleep, I looked out my window at the moon.

"Still good even in bad."

I smiled to myself and closed my eyes, falling asleep.

 

~End of flashback~

 

I opened my eyes and stared at the moon in the sky, trying to think of all the good things I still had. I'm still going to Woollim, Jimin's still alive, I have friends, I'm healthy, my aunt is healthy. Things may not be the best right now, but there are things I'm still thankful for. I'm going to make an effort to be more positive like Jimin from now on. To focus on the good things in my life, my moon.

"Hey."

I whipped my head in the direction the voice came from to see Woohyun coming over to me. He took a seat down next to me on the bleacher and looked at me. "What are you doing here?"

I looked back up to the sky and played with my fingers. "Nothing, just looking at the sky."

Woohyun nodded his head and looked up to the sky as well.

"What are you doing here. I told you to stay with Sungjong for his birthday."

"Well, we weren't doing much since you left."

I sighed and didn't say anything. Neither of us did. We sat in silence for minutes before I reached into my pocket and pulled out the bag, taking out the bracelet with the sun charm on it. "Give me your wrist."

"What?"

"Just do it."

Woohyun put his arm out, looking at me confused. I slipped the bracelet around his wrist before pulling the two strings to tighten it, putting the bag back in my pocket. Woohyun looked at the bracelet and fixed it around his wrist, looking up to me with a smile on his face. "What's this for?"

"Just, you know, a thank you for being with me this past week and for uh, making me happy."

He looked back at it, his smiling growing. "Thanks, I like it. A lot."

I nodded my head and looked back at the moon, Woohyun doing the same. He seemed to be searching and pointed to a star in the sky. 

"Look, there's the north star. The bright one."

I looked at the star and chuckled lightly. "That's a planet Woohyun."

"How do you know?"

I shook my head and just laughed. "It's too bright to be a star."

"Then which one is it."

My eyes followed the familiar pattern before pointing to the north star. "That one."

His eyes followed my hand, scrutinizing the star. "Doesn't seem that special to be the north star."

I got up from the bleachers, fixing my clothes and startling Woohyun. I looked at him and gave him a small smile. "That's because the moon is."

I started walking away leaving Woohyun sitting there confused, quickly running after me in the next second. We started walking back to the dorms in comfortable silence. I firgured it was getting late and that the rest of infinite should be alseep or getting ready to go to sleep.

When we arrived at the dorm, my assumptions were correct. All of infinite were asleep in their respective beds, sleeping like little children. I quietly closed the door and climbed into my bed, Woohyun doing the same.

"Night Jimin."

I fixed the covers over myself before laying down. I took one last look at the moon in the sky and smiled "Night."

 

The next day was a disaster for me. A week gone in school is like months gone. Even though Woohyun had given me the classwork I missed, I still missed the lectures and everything was confusing as hell. My notebooks were scribbled with information that didn't quite make sense to me and I knew that I'd have to spend extra time after school to relearn what everyone else knew. I always hated being the one student behind and having to catch up on everything. It's just adding more stress to me, which I didn't need.

When classes had ended for the day, I went straight to the library to go over all the material that was taught in the last week. My nose was in the books for hours and I felt relieved when I was starting to understand the subject and the information was coming together. After I felt like I got a good hold on everything that I missed, I closed all my books and put them back in my bag.

I exited the library and started heading back to the dorms to drop my bag off. However, I didn't make it far when a hand grabbed mine, spinning me around.

Myungsoo looked into my eyes, his eyes showing sadness. "Can we talk?"

I sighed, breaking eye contact. "There's nothing to talk about." I tried to walk away, but he wasn't letting go.

"What are you doing right now? Didn't you finish studying?"

"What, were you waiting for me?" I chuckled looking back up to him.

His face showed nothing but seriousness "Yes."

I sighed again, trying to pull away but failing. "Yeah I finished. I'm tired now so I just want to rest."

"Please Jimin." 

"Why don't you go bother someone else?" I said looking away from him. I felt his grip loosen, making me feel a little guilty.

"I thought we were friends." He whispered, but I still heard it.

I turned around to look at him in the eyes, sadness evident in his usual emotionless face. "I thought we were too. I thought we were actually getting close and that you liked hanging around with me. But I guess I was wrong. I was a nuisance to you, wasn't I. Well, I'll make sure you won't have to see my face anymore since all I seem to do is make you angry and upset."

I was about to walk away when Myungsoo harshly pulled on my arm. I stumbled a bit but he wrapped his arms around me, sticking his face into my shoulder so that I couldn't see it. My cheeks tinted pink, confused with him. One second, he's yelling at me and the next he's hugging me. I'm usually good at figuring people out but Myungsoo is a different story. No matter how much I think I got him sorted out, he suprises me the next. And it annoys the crap out of me.

"I'm so sorry." I heard him say into my shoulder.

"W-What?"

Myungsoo pulled away to look at me, his hands holding onto my shoulders. He looked like he was about to cry, making me speechless. "I'm sorry. For everything, for blowing up, for acting like a jerk, for hurting you. I didn't mean to and I wanted to say that to you right away when you left after I yelled at you. I've been so miserable this past week and when you came back I wanted to tell you this but I blew up at you again when it's the last thing you need right now." He looked down and took a breath. "I'm sorry, I-I can't...... I'm sorry."

I stood still, wanting to say something, anything, but my mouth couldn't form words. I was completely shocked, knowing that this was affecting him so much. I always thought Myungsoo didn't harbor any feelings when I met him, and after I still thought his feelings were limited. Or at least he just never showed me how he really felt. Just before, he seemed troubled, but not this troubled. I was shocked he was just showing it to me now, in the middle of the hallway.

With my silence, Myungsoo's hands slipped from my shoulders and he turned and started walking away. I watched his retreating figure getting smaller and shook my head, snapping my trance. My legs ran as fast as they could and I wrapped my arms around his back when I reached him, startling him as well. I rested my head on his back, closing my eyes.

"Don't......leave." I panted out.

Myungsoo turned his head to the side but I stayed the way I was. I opened my eyes and saw I was getting weird looks from some students. But I didn't care.

I didn't care anymore about this.

"I....don't care. I don't.... I just want to go back to they way it was before. I-I...that's what I want."

Myungsoo turned around, my grip loosening. He looked at me and I gave him a small smile. I was done with this feud. I was done fighting.

I just wanted my friend back.

The Myungsoo that always annoyed the crap out of me, that always had that annoying smirk on his face, who would tease me to no end, who was socially akward around anyone besides infinite, that would crack a small smile at my lame jokes. The Myungsoo I know.

Myungsoo's lips curved upward. "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too." I hugged Myungsoo. His arms engulfed my small body into his and I felt this huge wave of relief wash over me. We stayed like that for a while, not saying anything because nothing needed to be said.

Eventually, I pulled away and smiled at him. "Why don't we go back to the dorms."

He nodded his head and we walked back to the dorms together. Not as enemies, but as friends like it used to be. When we reached the dorms, I put my bag on my bed and sat down on the couch, Myungsoo sitting next to me. I know I wanted to give the bracelets for their birthdays but I felt like now would be better to give it to him.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out the bag, picking out the bracelet for Myungsoo. To be honest, I just got random charms for the rest of infinite besides Woohyun and Sungjong. Well, and Myungsoo. When I saw it, I immediately thought of him.

"Wrist. Give."

Myungsoo turned to look at me. "What?"

I looked down at his wrist and looked back him. "Your wrist."

"Why?"

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his wrist myself. I slipped on the bracelet, tightening the two strings like I did last night to Woohyun. Myungsoo pulled his wrist back to look at it. He inspected it and for a second, I thought he didn't like it.

"I just, I-I thought.., it reminded me of you." I said looking at the bracelet. With the letter L charm.

He chuckled before looking back at me. ".....Thanks. I actually, hold on." He got up leaving me confused on the couch. He went to his bed and came back a couple seconds later, sitting back down next to me.

He held his hand up and opened it slightly, a silver chain slowly revealing itself. On the end of it, a letter J was hanging. He scooted closer and put it around my neck before backing away to look at it. I looked down and held the J in my hand, smiling.

"I had wanted to give it to you for awhile now, but I never got the chance." I looked up to him while he smiled and looked at the necklace. "It looks good on you."

I smiled and looked at the necklace. "Thank you."

"It's really nothing."

"No, it's...Thanks."

He nodded his head and laid back down on the couch, grabbing the remote. "So what were you watching that one time with Dongwoo that you wouldn't stop cackling like a wierdo?"

I looked up to him while he smirked that annoying smirk that I missed seeing. I chuckled and grabbed the remote, putting on the movie and watching it with Myungsoo, our laughs filling the empty room.

 

 

 

 

 

Another update! The silent war between Nari and Myungsoo is finally over :) But will it stay that way??? Thanks so much for reading. Don't forget to subscribe and leave a comment!!