Chapter 6

You're who now?

Nari's POV: 

"But.. That's impossible. If I couldn't get into the girls school how am I going to get into the top boys school?"

I wanted to believe what she was saying but really, Woolim university? Maybe in my dreams, where I'm a guy?

"No, no, no. Whatever your thinking noona it won't work nor would I allow it" Jimin said to my aunt. 

"Aw come on Jimin, yes it would, just trust me. Nari would be able to get into that school. Believe it or not I used to work there and they're more accepting of non-rich kids" my aunt said

"But isn't Woolim like the best school. Why would it be easier to get in" I question her, not really believing what she was saying. 

"Hey I only worked there, I didn't run the place."

"Well I don't care, Nari's not going there" Jimin said as he pulled me next to him. 

"I don't mean to be rude Jimin but that not really your decision to make. It's Nari's." My aunt then looked me in the eyes with hope that I'll believe what she's saying. She better have more to say because right now, I ain't buying it. 

"Look Nari, I know this probably seems highly, highly  unlikely, like really unlikely, but trust me when I say I can get you in. I want to help you. I couldn't afford to keep you with me so let me help you now. Don't you want this? You want to make things better here right? Give yourself this chance to make it right. It won't be easy but knowing you, you'll be able to. And I know you don't like accepting help and are always trying to be strong and do it yourself, but this once stop being so stubborn. I'm not going to do this for me, I'm doing it for you guys. I'll work out all the paper work and what not, all you got to do is go to school."

I looked at my aunt after her speech. I don't know what to do. I hate giving myself false hope, and the idea of going to Woolim isn't exactly making it easier. 

But she's right. I need this. I need to go for Jimin. This is how our new life together begins and for me to pass this chance up, knowing it could potentially change our lives for the better, would be selfish and just plain stupid. 

"Okay. I'll try"

"What? Are you sure Nari?" Jimin looked at me with worried eyes. I could tell he wasn't for this at all. "What if you get caught? What if the people there are rude and mean to you? What if you get hurt? This is a boarding school, not regular school. You'll have to stay there all the time, basically."

Shoot. He's right. And I can't leave Jimin all alone in this house. What if something happens to him or his heart acts up like the few other times in the past? I can't leave him.

"I know what your thinking Nari. Don't worry about it. I'll stay with Jimin in the meantime. And Jimin, stop being over dramatic, it's not like it's a prison and she can never leave school grounds. She can come and visit when she wants" my aunt told us. 

Maybe I can actually do this. If what she's saying is true then I can actually go right? 

"Well there's still a problem" I spoke up. 

"What Nari" my aunt asked looking confused. 

"Duh. I'm not a guy, I'm a girl. It's called Woolim ALL BOYS university, meaning no girls allowed."

"Oh please Nari, that won't be a problem you will just pretend to be a boy. No biggie" she smiled at me. 

No biggie. NO BIGGIE. Has she lost her mind? Since when was convincing a whole school of boys, your a guy, when your not, easy? I don't even look like a guy. 

My aunt could tell I didn't believe her with my mouth hanging open. "Don't worry Nari, have you forgotten I'm also a stylist. Trust me it'll be easier then you think. You may need a haircut and new clothes and act more 'boyish' but other than that, you should be fine" she told me while laughing slightly. 

"I don't know. You make it seem like it's the easiest thing in the world." 

"Oh stop being a debby downer Nari and have a little hope in me, would ya" my aunt told me. 

"Will you excuse us for just a moment" Jimin said while pulling me aside in the corner. I don't know why, this room isn't big and she could probably still hear us. 

"You aren't seriously considering this are you Nari?" 

"What if I am?" 

Jimin sighed and looked me in the eyes, never leaving them. I could see the worry and pain in his eyes and I started to feel really bad. We already lost our parents and I know he doesn't want to lose me too. But I don't want to lose him either. If his heart isn't getting better, I don't what else I can do to help. As much as I don't want to leave him, I can't stay here and do nothing. I'll end up like the owner at the shop I work at, just surviving and getting by like now. 

"I have to do this Jimin. I have to. I don't want to leave you just as much as you do, but I really don't have another choice. I'm doing this for us. Okay? We can't keep living like this anymore. I don't want to end up like Omma and Appa." Tears were starting to form in my eyes, but refused to let any out. I need to be strong. 

I looked back up at Jimin and saw he was fighting tear too. He hugged me and held me tight. 

"If this is what you want, then I'm not going to stop you."

"Thank you Jimin. I promise, things will get better after this. They have to." 

Jimin then let me go and our aunt came up to us. 

"So is it official. Are you going through?"

"Yes unnie."

"Great! I'll start all the paper work with Woolim university tomorrow. As for right now, you and me are going out" she pointed at me. 

"What? Where?"

"Well your gonna need a haircut and some new clothes and all the necessities to become a boy. Sorry to say, but you aren't going anywhere looking like that." 

I sighed and gulped my saliva down. Does she know how long it took me to grow my hair out to my lower back? 

"What am I getting myself into?"