Chapter 41

You're who now?

Nari

As I opened my eyes, I stretched my arms out and let out a yawn. The room was still dark with barely any sunlight breaking into the room. Still in a daze, I looked around the room confused as to where I am. It took me a couple of seconds to remember everything that happened but eventually I figured out I was in Myungsoo's room. I turned my body over so I was facing Myungsoo who was still sleeping peacefully. My eyes followed the features along his face for a couple of seconds. He seemed more....relaxed than usual. Probably a load has been lifted from his shoulders.

Already planning my escape, I figured a way to get out of my situation. Grabbing my pillow and placing it in between me and him, I started to shimmy out of his grasp. In reflex, Myungsoo tried to grip tighter but instead gripped the pillow, hugging it closer to him. I smiled in victory and sat up, fully stretching out my body. I got up from the bed and walked over to his bathroom. Closing the door, I did my business and went to go take a shower, until I realized that I had no change of clothes. I really didn't like not taking a shower but I can't stand not wearing clean clothes after I take a shower. I started to wash and clean my face in the sink, making sure not to make a mess. After I finished, I nodded my head while looking in the mirror and walked out.

When I came out of the bathroom, Myungsoo was sitting up and on his phone, doing whatever. He looked up and smiled at me. For some reason, I just froze in my place seeing him. His hair was messy but it still looked flawless. His loose shirt hung low, exposing his collar bone and his overall position left me blank. 

Myungsoo's smile turned into a smirk upon just seeing me standing there looking at him. "Like what you see?"

My face turned a shade darker and I hastily turned away, as if he didn't catch me. I'm so sly, I know.

"What are you talking about?" I scoffed.

"There's no need to deny it. I know I'm very handsome, it's a lot to take in."

"As well as your oversized ego." I added, sitting down on his bean bag chair.

"So you admit that I'm handsome?" His smirk grows bigger.

"No, but I do admit you have an over-confidence issue."

"Oh really?" He got up from the bed and started walking towards me.

I eyed him suspiciously the closer he got. "Yup."

"Are you sure?" He said sitting down next to me, leaving no room between us.

"Y-Yes."

"Are you willing to bet on that?" His face was way to close for comfort.

"I'm not making another bet with you again." I stated somewhat assertive.

Though he didn't seem affected by it at all. "Why, afraid you'll lose again?"

"No. Plus, you got lucky that's all." I said mumbling the last part.

"I bet I could get a girl to fall for me a quick as that." He said snapping his fingers and getting up with that smirk still plastered on his face.

"Yeah okay." I said rolling my eyes. "Anyway, can I use your shower?" I asked switching the topic.

"Yeah, it's in the bathroom."

"Can I borrow a pair of your clothes then?"

"Admit that I'm handsome and I will." He replied folding his arms over one another and sitting back down on his bed relaxed.

"No!" Myungsoo might have a big ego, but I have too much pride to tell him that. Just seeing that smirk makes me wanna rip his hair out. He didn't need a boost to his already big ego, especially from me.

"Well, I guess no shower for you." Myungsoo got up and left the room but not before giving me a teasing pat on the head. I was left standing there confused on what I should do. I mean he left me in his room, what's stopping me from just taking a pair of pants and a shirt. Nothing. So I did just that. Looking through his dresser, I pulled out a shirt and pants. "God, why is everything black?"

After raiding his draw, I walked back into the bathroom and placed the clothes on the sink. Lucky for me once again, there was towels already in the bathroom. I took one of them and walked over to the part of the bathroom that had the shower, since it was sectioned off from the rest of the room. Turning on the shower, I proceeded to take my shower.

Once I finished, I dried myself off with the towel and went to go put on the clothes. However, when I got to the sink, they were gone. My eyes widened in fear and I checked the ground to see if they fell. I looked all over in case I misplaced it but they were no where to be found. Anger started bubbling inside of me. I swear Myungsoo, if this is your doing.

I walked over to the door and opened it ever so slightly. I peeked around and saw that the clothes were sitting on the bed, folded nice and neatly. Scanning the room, I saw Myungsoo sitting down, reading a book. That boy nevers reads. He's just pretending-ughh he's got some nerve.

"Myungsoo, give me the clothes now." I stated through my clenched teeth.

He flipped the page of the book while smirking, but not looking at me. "Why don't you come get them yourself?"

"Because! Just hand them to me!"

"Technically, they're mine, I don't have to." He said while turning to face my head poking out of the door. "But if you want them, you know what to say."

"Please?"

"Wrong answer!"

"What do you want from me!?!"

"You know."

I sighed but I thought of what I would have to do if I didn't, which gave me the motivation to speak up. "You're......you're.....you are-"

"I'm what?" He said grinning at my hesitation.

"You're handsome. There, I said it now give me the clothes, okay? Okay." I said, answering myself.

I put my arm out for him to hand it to me but he just shook his head. "Not so fast."

"Ughh, what?"

"You weren't very sincere with your words. Say it like you mean it." He said, the smirk back on.

"You're kidding right?"

"No."

"Why do you have this goal to make my life miserable?"

"I make your life interesting."

"Kim Myungsoo, you are the most handsome person I met. Happy?"

"I heard a little sarcasm in that."

"Jesus, you're such a pain!" Myungsoo laughed at my frustration while I glared at him.

He came walking up to me with the clothes in his hand and held them just out of my reach, teasing me. I tried to snatch it but he'd pull back everytime. "Myungsoo, please just give it to me!"

He stared into my eyes for a good ten seconds, my eyes getting lost in his. He leaned closer, my heart rate quickened and then-

I got a face full of clothes.

"I'm letting you off easy!" I heard him say before walking out of the room once more. I pulled at the clothes that were shoved in my face and glared at where he last was. "I'm going to murder him."

 

I walked down the stairs after getting changed and saw Moonsoo and Myungsoo at the table in the kitchen eating breakfast together. They were both laughing about something that I couldn't hear. Quietly, I walked over to them both. Moonsoo was the first to notice me and motioned for me to take a seat next to him.

"Jimin, come! We're having scrambled eggs." 

I sat down next to him and smiled at him. In the next second, a maid came out of nowhere and placed a plate of scrambled eggs in front of me before walking off. I grabbed the fork and started eating slowly, still not used to this. Myungsoo and Moonsoo resumed their conversation while I put my thoughts in once in a while. They obviously had some catching up to do so I didn't want to interrupt too much. For the most part, I was quietly eating my eggs while they talked the entire time.

When I finished my food, I discreetly got up from the table, taking my plate and fork, and headed to the kitchen sink. I placed the utensils in the sink and grabbed the sponge to start cleaning. As I was washing the plate, I started humming along to a song that was stuck on my head. It took me a few minutes to wash my things but seeing as though the two brothers were still talking, I continued to wash the other dishes in the sink. I was actually used to doing this all the time at home so I didn't mind. It kept me entertained for the time being.

After about 15 minutes of cleaning, only having a little more left, another maid came up to me and started shaking her head vigorously.

"Oh no no, stop. You don't have to be doing this. You should being with the young masters." She said taking the sponge out of my hand and trying to shoo me off.

"It's fine really. I'm almost done anyway, you can rest."

"I can't ask you to do that, this is my job." She said flustered.

I grabbed the sponge back and gave her a smile. "Well, you can take a break. I'll finish it up. Don't worry about it."

"A-Are you sure?" She looked completely shocked, causing me to laugh a bit. I nodded my head.

"T-Thank you." She hesitantly walked away, looking back a few times to actually see if I was telling the truth. I chuckled to myself and went back to finish the rest of the dishes. I was back to humming again however I didn't notice someone was standing on the other side of the counter.

"So you're my maid now?"

I jumped back in suprised and glared at Myungsoo. I almost dropped the glass cup too if I didn't grab it in time. "Ya! Don't do that. I could of broke this."

"Eh, we have too many of those anyway." He walked around the counter and stood next to me, watching me finish cleaning. I looked at him a few times before speaking up. 

"Can I help you?"

"What?"

"What are you doing?"

"Thinking."

"About what?"

"Nothing."

I placed the last dish on the rack before looking at him annoyed. "Nothing, really? You're thinking about nothing."

"Yep."

I rolled my eyes. "If you say so." I started to walk away until Myungsoo's voice stopped me. "Jimin?"

"What?"

"My clothes look good on you."

My face got a little hot and before I could say a word, Moonsoo walked in and told us to come with him so we could all hang out. Moonsoo dragged me out with  a chuckling Myungsoo following behind.

For the next few hours, the three of us hanged out in the basement, playing with all the fancy toys they had down there. The room was filled with our laughter, not a dull moment the entire time. We spent most of the time playing air hockey, which I must say, Moonsoo was a pro at. We were having such a great time that I didn't realize how late in the day it was getting and I wanted to go back to the dorms to get ready for tomorrow. Jimin was going to be released from the hospital so I wanted to be fully rested tonight and be ready. I put down the thing you use for the game and told them of my departure. Myungsoo was going to come with me but I argued for him to stay here. He wasn't to thrilled but I eventually ended up winning in the end. But just to be safe, according to Myungsoo, he made sure a car was ready to take me home instead of walking. Hey, I wasn't complaining though. I'd rather much take a car than walk.

When the car came to a stop, I thanked the driver and started heading into the building, following the halls that lead to the dorms. I opened the door and plopped down on the couch, taking off my shoes and proceeded to make myself some dinner. I ate at the little table by myself and took a good look around. It was deadly quiet and the only sound came from my spoon hitting against the bowl. It made me realize how much I actually do appreciate Myungsoo's company or any of infinite's for that matter. It would be quite lonely and boring if I was here all by myself.

Finishing my dinner, I went to my bed and closed my eyes for the day.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next day, I woke up somewhat early and quickly got ready to meet Jimin. My aunt had called me saying when they would be leaving so I made sure to get there in time. I got there by bus and I wasted no time, running into the building. Arriving at the fifth floor, I found Jimin's room and walked in, seeing him in normal clothes instead of the hospital gown. I went up to him and hugged him, him returning it.

"How's my little sis doing?"

"Good, What about you? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." As soon as he said that, he started having a coughing fit.

"Really, cause you don't sound fine. Where's the doct-"

"I'm okay, really. Just have a little cough that's all. The nurses said it's normal."

I gave him a worried glance but nonetheless nodded my head. My aunt then came in the room and got all her bags ready to leave this room. Finally, in what seemed like forever, I left that hospital with Jimin by my side. That alone was a wave of happiness that I hadn't had in a long time. We all piled into my aunts car and drove back to our house.

When we got inside, we all started catching up. They asked me how school was going and all of that while they told me how they've been in the hospital. It sounded to me that they had a good time even though they were cooped in the room the whole time. They were also able to catch up with each other and restore some sort of relationship that they had once before. While my aunt and Jimin sat down at the kitichen table, I looked around the tiny house, growing confused.

"Hey, where's spike?"

"Oh, I hope you don't mind, I took him to my friend since I couldn't take care of him and Jimin at the same time." My aunt told me.

"No, it's okay." I walked my way to the table and stood next to Jimin, facing him. "Are you hungry? I could make you something if you like."

"It's fine Nari. Just sit."

I gave him a questioning look. "Are you sure? All you've been having is hospital food and that isn't very appetizing."

He seemed to think about it for a second before hesitantly shaking his head. Though, I knew Jimin better than anyone else, and that slight hesitation meant that he really did want something. I shook my head and opened the fridge, looking at the food we still had. No one had been here in quite awhile so there was still a good amount of food in here. Hopefully, nothing went bad.

"Nari, I told you I'm fine."

"Whatever you say."

Taking out cheese and butter from the fridge and slices of bread out of the cabinet, I planned on making grilled cheese since I knew how much Jimin loved eating it when we were little. I took out the griddle and warmed up the stove while preparing the slices. It was one of my favorites to make since it was easy to make and it tasted good. Jimin let out a sigh seeing as though I wasn't going to listen to him which made me smirk in satisfaction.

"I can take over this if you want." My aunt said coming up to me.

"It's okay. I know how Jimin likes his grilled cheese."

Jimin's ear perked up. "You're making grilled chese?" I could hear the excitment in his voice.

"I thought you said you werent hungry?"

"There's always room for grilled cheese!"

Me and my aunt laughed at him. Me and him are more similar than anybody when it comes to food.

After finishing the cooking, I went over to the table and placed the plate in front of the very hungry looking Jimin. Not even a second of it landing on the table, Jimin started devouring said food. I watched in amusment while taking a seat across from him and my aunt. She was eating a snack bar while looking very concerned at Jimin.

"Is he always like this?" She whispered to me.

"When it comes to food he likes." 

Five minutes later, give or take, Jimin sat back in the chair and let out a satisfied sigh while wiping his mouth with the napkin. He looked as though he just won the lottery. "Man, I forgot how much I missed that taste."

"Uh-huh. But anyway, how is everything?" I asked him.

"Like I said, I'm good now."

I looked between my aunt and Jimin before asking the question that has been bugging forever now. "So what are we going to do now? How are we gonna come up with enough money for the surgery?"

My aunt's face turned sour and Jimin seemed lost in thought. "As of now, I can't afford to pay for that. I'm starting to save though." She said, giving half a smile.

"If we can't do it, then we can't do it. Simple as that." Jimin stated.

I looked at him as if he'd grown a second head. "What do you mean, simple as that. Jimin, we need to get that surgery done. It's the only way for you to get better."

"Well there's nothing we can do if we can't afford it. I've been doing just fine without it for how many years now?"

"Yeah, and looked how that ended up just a few months ago."

"Nari, there's nothing we can do."

"There's gotta be something! Anything!"

"I don't need it. I'm doing fine." As soon as the words came out of his mouth, he started coughing uncontrollably. My aunt gave him a cup of water to help clear his throat.

"Jimin, you can't keep living like this! You heard what the doctor said. I can't lose you too!" 

Jimin came over to me and placed his hands on my shoulders to calm me down. It was only then that I realized that I was breathing unevenly and how loud my voice was. He stared in my eyes, calming me down. "Nari, you won't lose me. And we're not gonna keep living like this, remember? You said it yourself. Heck, you're going to an all boys school to accomplish that." He tightened his hold when I still looked panicked. "What's bothering you?"

"I-I,...I want to believe that. But you're still here while I'm in Woollim. I thought this would change something, anything, but everything is still the same. Nothing's changed." I said lowering my head.

I heard the soft chuckling resonating from his chest before pulling me into a hug. "Nari, trust me when I say a lot has changed since you've gone to that school."

"I just want things to go back to the way they were." I mumbled out.

"I know, but it's going to get better. I promise."

The sound of the front door being knocked on interupted our conversation. "I'll go get it." My aunt said while walking to the door. Jimin gave me one last squeeze before releasing me out of his hold.

"Jimin, it's for you!" I would of thought that it was for the real Jimin unless my aunt wasn't looking me dead in the eye.

"Well, tell them I'm busy!"

"You don't even have the deceny to tell me that yourself?" I heard the voice echo into the house from outside. I had a good feeling of who is was before they even spoke but his voice confirmed my theories.

"Myungsoo, go home!"

I whipped my head around to the door when I still heard talking going on between my aunt and said boy. My eyes narrowed as I saw him waltz his way into the room with a teasing smile on his face.

"Do you ever leave me alone? What did I tell you about spending time with your family?"

"Hey, I already made arrangements, okay? My dad had a meeting and Moonsoo had plans with my mom to go to some store for the entire day. I got bored." He said as if it was obvious.

I dragged my hand across my face. There are times when appreciate Myungsoo being around but I had seen his face every day since vacation started. I need a break. "Listen, as much as I liked to hang out with you, I'd rather much be with my brother." I said flatly.

Myungsoo pouted before reaching into his pocket and pulling out small pieces of paper. "Then what am I supposed to with four amusment park tickets?"

"I don't know, use them."

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and I heard Jimin chuckling. "I'd think that be fun Na-Jimin." Jimin said quickly fixing his mistake.

My aunt proceeded to walk over to Myungsoo and took the tickets out of his hand, examining them. She looked more excited than anyone else in the room. "Well what are we waiting for, let's go!" She rushed out of the house and started to hop in her car.

"She's got the right attitude." Myungsoo replied before turning back to me.

"I swear, you're a pain Myungsoo."

"A good pain." He slung his arm around my shoulder while leading me to my aunt's car with Jimin following behind.

And for the rest of the day, we spent our time out and about in the amusment park. Jimin, however, took it easy on the rides by my orders. The last thing I need is for his heart to start acting up again right when he was released from the hospital. Although he didn't like it, he understood where I was coming from and only went on little rides or played the games they had set up around the park. My aunt though was a big suprise. It was as if it was her first time visiting one of these places. She resembled that of a ten year old kid, wanting to go on every ride she saw and dragging me to go with her. It's a side of my aunt that I've never saw before, let alone imagining her having.

"Come on Jimin! Let's go on that one!" She said pointing to the really huge one. I loved rollercoasters and I wasn't afraid of heights but we all have a limit. And this one was very close to that limit for me.

"I don't know..."

"What, scared?" Myungsoo said coming up beside me.

I glared at him from the side. "No."

"Then let's go." He replied, slipping his hand in mine and pulling me along behind my crazy aunt.

The line was pretty long so we had to wait for awhile. The closer we got to the ride, the faster my heart started beating. My hands started getting clammy and I bounced up and down nervously. After about 15 minutes of waiting, the ride was right before us. And thanks to my aunt, she made us go to the front of the line of carts.

The previous carts pulled up and came to a stop with the passengers piling out. In the next second, the gates opened and everyone waiting started entering. Each cart could fit two people so my aunt went in the second row behind us and sat next to some other person. Myungsoo pushed me foward into the front seat, sitting down next to me. I pulled the seat thing down and buckled myself in nervously, gulping in slight fear.

"I thought you said you weren't scared?"

"I'm not."

I heard Myungsoo snort beside me. "You know you're not very good at lying."

"Whatever."

The car started moving, startling me and making me grip tightly onto the bar in front of me. We started climbing the big mountain to the top. My knuckles were turning white and I closed my eyes when we right near the top. The only thing that was sort of calming was the crazy laughter of my aunt behind me, screaming in delight even before the ride began. As I felt the car tipping down, I also felt a hand grip mine on the bar softly. I opened my eyes and turned to look at him but he was looking foward, similing. "You'll be fine."

I didn't have a chance to reply as the whole car went over and zoomed down the tracks. My voice let out the most high pitched sound I've ever heard it do before while Myungsoo was screaming in a normal octave. My aunt was 'wooing' the whole way with laughter mixed in between. The wind was whipping through my hair and my voice evaporated into nothing. My mouth was open but nothing was coming out. I closed my mouth and tried calming down as the ride went along. After some spins and flips, I started to enjoy the ride more and started screaming in excitment, not fear. 

When the ride pulled back to where it started, I let out a sigh of relief. I unbuckled myself from my seat and got up to let the others on. Me, Myungsoo, and my aunt regrouped outside the ride entrance.

"That was so fun! Let's go on another one!" She started up again.

"Calm down, it's starting to get dark out."

"Oh please, this place is open all night." She said, running off to find another ride to go on. I looked back to Myungsoo and shrugged my shoulders.

"Yeah, I don't know what's gotten into her."

He chuckled and came up to me, fixing my hair that was all over the place. "Let's go before we lose her."

We eventually caught up to her and Jimin and roamed around the park again, playing the games they had set up. I was able to win a stuff bear from a ring toss. I ended up giving it to Jimin since I felt bad that he had to sit out on most of the rides though he didn't complain. However, my aunt must have felt the same way because she pulled him around to all the different games to make up for the rides he missed out on. Not in the mood for running after my aunt again, I stood back from afar and just watched them, a smile forming on my lips.

"He looks a lot better."

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, he does."

Myungsoo pulled a seat out for me, which I gladly accepted. "So everything is good?"

I watched Jimin and smiled when he kept missing the target on the wall. Though my smile fell a little at the question. "For now."

Myungsoo stayed silent for a bit and watched them as well. We both sat in comfortable silence, the sounds of screams and laughter heard throughout.

"Do you believe everything happens for a reason?" I asked suddenly.

Myungsoo seemed to think about it for a second before answering. "Um, yeah. I suppose so. Why?"

"I don't know. I just...I mean I used to think that too but I don't understand why were in this situation." I felt his eyes boring into me but I didn't look at him and remained foward. "I mean what did he do to deserve this? To be sick? What's the reason that our parents are gone? How can there be any good reason for this to happen to us?" I let out a shaky breath and stablized my breathing. Those questions had always been on my mind since I lost them and I've been trying to find the answers ever since. Did we do something wrong? How come other people can be happy with their family but mine has been torn apart? Why is the world unfair?

"I don't know....but I do think that postive things can come from bad ones." He scooted closer and gave me a side hug. "It'll get better."

"I hope so."

We sat there, both of us not wanting to move at all. The moon was getting higher in the sky and I knew we would have to be leaving soon. 

"Thanks Myungsoo. You didn't have to buy tickets for us but thanks anyway."

"You should thank Moonsoo, he's the one that got them. I was supposed to go with my family but they're all busy."

I sat up and looked at him in disbelief. "Then you should've saved it for them. Why would you take us?"

He shrugged his shoulders while a smile played at his lips. "Because I wanted too."

I rolled my eyes, standing up from the chair. "Well, we better get going then."

He stood up after me and followed my lead, getting Jimin and forcing my aunt to go back home.

 

 

A long update! Hope you guys liked the chapter and don't forget to subscribe, comment, and vote! Thank you!! <3