Chapter 42

You're who now?

Nari

"Oh my god, I can't believe this! Why is your life so exciting. Mine's so boring."

"Well my situation is a little different from yours."

"Still, nothing ever happens. It's just work and more work, nothing fun."

"You so dramatic Eunji."

"Am not."

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that."

After getting my cup of coffee, I sat down at the small outside table, Eunji taking a seat across from me. Eunji had called me out to meet up since we haven't seen each other in awhile. We were both catching up on all the things that happened to us these past few weeks, and apparently I was "living the life" according to Eunji.

"So what else happened?" She asked while taking a sip from her coffee.

"Um, nothing much. I basically told you everything. Jimin, the vacation, Myungsoo, I can't really think of anything else."

"I know you're hiding something from me. I can see it on your face."

I gulped. She can see right through me in moments I don't want her to. "Really, nothing else happened that's interesting." I kept lying.

"If you're telling me it isn't interesting than it really is! Tell me!!"

My face started turning red. "No, nothing happened!"

"Oh come on, were best friends! Were supposed to tell each other everything, no secrets remember!"

"Eunji-"

"It had to do with one of them right? One of the guys. Otherwise you wouldn't be this secretive."

"Eun-"

"Is it with Myungsoo? Or that really tall guy? Or the guy with the muscles? Oh, what about the short guy, you hang around him a lot too."

"Stop! Nothing happened!" My face was turning redder each second.

"I'll stop if you can confirm that this happened with one the guys I just menitioned."

I eyed her suspiciously. "Promise."

She nodded her head and waited for my reply.

"Y-Yes."

"Oh my god, I knew it! Was it Myungsoo, did something happen over the vacation-"

"Eunji!!"

"Or before the vacation? Or was it the short guy, did something happen with him?"

"You know, I'm not gonna say anything anymore." I said while picking up my coffee

"What were there names. Hold on let me think.... Myungsoo, tall guy....Sungyeol right? Uh the other....Hoyo, no Hoya, yes! And....what's his name...oh Woohyun, right?"

I kept ignoring her while she sighed in frustration. "Wait, Nari. Just look at me. I won't ask you to say anything."

I looked up to her like she asked while she study my face.

"Myungsoo." My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Sungyeol." She kept going on.

I was going to open my mouth but she beat me to it. "Hoya." Her eyes narrowed more.

"Woohyun."

I felt my face getting hot and saw Eunji break out into a wide smile, clapping her hands like a seal. "Woohyun, it's him isn't it!"

"What?"

"His name was the only one that made you have a reaction, it's obviously him! So what happened!!!"

"I'm leaving." 

She grabbed my hand and pulled me back down to my seat, eyes looking fierce. "You're not leaving until you tell me what went down, when it went down, and how it went down."

"What is this?"

"Come on, pleasee! Aren't we besties?" She pouted, knowing that was my weakness.

I heaved a huge sigh before opening my eyes and giving her a deadly look. "If I tell you, you can't say anything to anyone! Got it?!"

"Yes. Now tell me."

My head was probably a tomato at this point but I lowly uttered out what she was dying to hear. "W-We.........k-kissed."

"YOU GUYS KISSED!!!!!!"

My hand slapped over and if my eyes could be weapons, Eunji would be on fire right now. I was glaring at her so hard but she was jumping up and down in her seat like a crazy woman, squealing through my hand.

"What did I say?! And for pete's sake, learn to be quiet would you!"

She shook her head vigorously up and down while I reluctantly released my hand from . "Oh my god, oh my god! This is so exciting! I'm dying right now. How did this happen? Did you kiss him or did he kiss you? I need the details!"

I quickly told her the events that had occurred that day and saw the multiple facial expression that crossed her face. "No.....way."

"Now, we will never speak of this again and act as if nothing happened."

"Are you kidding? You gotta make a move now! How could you just run away like that?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"YA! You can't act like it didn't happen."

"Sure I can. It was probably a big mistake."

Eunji flicked my forehead while I glared at her. "Ow! What was that for!"

"Mistake my . That is no mistake, not even close to it. Get yourself together and take the initiative! He already made the first move, which was a big move. Boy got some guts. Ahhhh, I'm so excited, I get to help you through your first relationship."

"EUNJI! Enough!" I stood up from my seat and started walking away to hide away my embarassment. However, the squealing coming from behind told me she was still there. 

"Be a good friend and call another cab would you?" I asked rubbing my forehead.

"What are you talking about, I am a good friend." She said walking up to the street to catch a cab. In the meantime, I occupied myself with my phone, scrolling through the internet.

I looked up from my phone after waiting for ten minutes already. "Eunji, what's taking so long?"

"There's no cabs! It's like they all disappeared."

"Well I'm not walking all the way back." It would probably take us more than a half hour to get back.

"Well, what do we do?"

"Oh, I have an idea." I unlocked my phone and scrolled through my contacts, clicking on Myungsoo's name. Putting it to my ear, I hear the phone ring a few times before the person picked up.

"Hello?"

"Uh, hey." He seemed like he was in one of his moods again, making me question if I should just walk the way back.

"What do you want?"

"Um, I was wondering if you could pick me and Eunji up from a coffee shop."

I waited a couple of seconds before he grumbled. "Fine."

"We're at-"

Click

"Did he just hang up on me?" I asked myself offended.

"Who was that?" Eunji asked coming up next to me.

"Myungsoo. I guess he's coming to pick us up."

"He has a car?"

"From his dad, yeah."

"A guy that can drive. That's a turn on."

"Eunji! Just stop talking!"

We both sat down on the bench and I made myself comfortable to wait awhile for Myungsoo to come. However, within only a couple of minutes, Myungsoo's car pulled up to the street. He honked his horn, startling me and Eunji. I was confused but nonetheless, got up and got into the passenger's seat.

"Hey, how did you get here so fast? And how did you know we were here, I didn't even get to tell you." I asked confused.

"Does it matter?" I didn't reply and only blinked in response. He turned his head to finally look at me before sighing. "Seat belt."

I still didn't move and continued to stare at him. I'm getting better at reading Myungsoo and I know something's bugging him, but I didn't want to say anything because of Eunji. Lord knows what she'll do. 

Myungsoo sighed once more before reaching over to me, our faces only inches apart. He grabbed the seat belt and buckled it in before returning to his seat, putting the car in motion quickly after. All my face seemed to be doing was changing to the color red, which needed to stop this instant. After hearing giggling, I looked into the mirror to she Eunji containing her squeals, squriming in her seat. I shook my head, mentally praying for her.

After a few minutes, we pulled up to SM university to drop Eunji off. I got out of the car with her to give her a hug goodbye. "Thanks for hanging with me."

"No problem." She pulled me into a hug and whispered so only I could hear.

"By the way, I could totally help you with him too." She darted her eyes back into the car at Myungsoo.

"Eunji, if you don't stop, I will personally murder you right now and throw your body in the trunk." I whispered yelled back.

She giggled before skipping away. "You know you love meeee!!"

I let out a sigh and a chuckled before opening the door and getting back in. Myungsoo watched Eunji's retreating figured before focusing back on me. He stared at me for less than a second and drove the car away after I myself, put my seatbelt on.

It was quiet for almost the entire ride, and this time is wasn't a comfortable silence. It was more on the awkward side and I so desperately wanted to turn on the radio to fill the silence but I didn't want to move. So I stayed put and waited like an obident dog.

When we pulled into Woollim, Myungsoo shut off the car and we both sat there for a couple of seconds. Myungsoo was about to open the door when I finally found my voice. "Wait."

He halted in his movements before looking back at me. "What?"

"I-Is there something wrong?"

"What do you mean?"

"Is there something bothering you? You seem, I don't know, like you're in one of your moods."

He raised an eyebrow. "My moods?"

"Yeah, everything's alright with your family, right?" I questioned, worry etching across my face.

He stared back at my face before chuckling. "Yeah, we're fine."

"So what's bothering you?"

"Nothing, Jimin." He said while getting out of the car.

I quickly opened my door and followed him. He was speed walking and I had to jog to catch up to him. "Wait, slow down. Tell me.... what's.....wrong, god stop walking so fast!"

"Nothing's wrong." He said while increasing his pace.

"Myungsoo!"

Before I knew it, we were inside Woollim and walking into our dorm. "Myungsoo, tell meeee!!"

"I just told you, nothing's wrong." He said sitting on the couch avoiding my eyes. I took a second to realise how quickly I just turned into Eunji and how Myungsoo is now me. Well, I guess you are who you hang out with.

"Myungsoo, I know there's something bugging you. You can tell me. I wont make fun of you, I'm quite an understanding person."

"An understanding person?"

"Yup, so you can tell me how you feel."

"It's probably better not to."

"Myunggg, tell meee" I whined while shaking his arm.

"Jimin." He said giving me a glare.

"Myungsoo." I returned his look.

"I'm fine." He tried his best to keep a calm voice.

"Clearly. Now spit it out."

"You're so annoying." He said getting up to find another place to retreat to.

"Don't you walk away from me, Kim Myungsoo. You tell me now." I said using my stern voice.

He quickly turned around and stared right into my soul. "You want to know what's bugging me?"

"Yes." Now I'm the one feeling intimidated.

"You."

"M-Me?"

"Yeah, you."

"D-Did I do something wrong?" I was searching my brain for all the things I did and if I had upset him in anyway.

"Yes. No. I-." He rubbed his hair messily in frustration.

"I...I'm not quite sure I understand."

He stopped and looked back at me, not saying anything. 

"Well whatever I did, I'm sorry."

"Shut up." He mumbled.

"What?"

"Just shut up."

Myungsoo strode toward me before grabbing the back of my neck and pressing him lips onto mine. His other hand slipped down and curled around my waist, bringing me closer to him. My eyes became saucers and my face flamed up in heat. My stomach traveled upward to my throat and I felt my heart pounding against my chest so hard, I thought someone from outside could hear. I didn't know what to do so I settled with putting my hands on his arms and tried pushing him off but I felt physically drained all of a sudden.

In the next second, Myungsoo pulled back and placed his forehead on mine, his eyes still closed. My eyes were only concentrating on him and when the realization hit me, I could only think of that one thought.

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

Myungsoo's gay.

It all makes sense now. He probably feels so awkward around me this whole time.

No wonder I'm such a burden on him because he thinks I'm not.

"Uh....M-Myungsoo?" My voice came out barely above a whisper.

He opened his eyes and stared into mine but didn't say anything. So I continued.

"Um, listen. You're a nice guy and all but... I'm not gay. But it doesn't matter to me that you are. I'm totally okay with that."

He shook his head and laughed, removing his forehead from mine. "Oh my god."

"No! I'm serious! It's totally fine! I love gay people, there's noth-"

"Jimin, stop talking."

"But I just want-" He quickly cut me off by pecking my lips once again, shutting me up right away and making him snicker.

"You really think I don't know you're a girl?"

By now, my jaw was on the ground and my eyes were bulging out in pure shock and confusement. My insides started to churn into knots and sweat started to form on my forehead.

"H-How d-did, w-when-"

"Please Nari," My voice completely disappeared and I was left as a statue while Myungsoo came up next to my ear, "I knew since the first day you entered this school."

If I was already shocked, I was above and beyond by now. Words couldn't come out of my mouth and I was frozen. My mind was trying to process this new set of information but it didn't make sense to me. How could he have know from the first day? What did I do to make him realize? And if he had know the whole time, why didn't he report me and kick me out? Why did he keep it a secret? And why is he only telling me this now? So many questions and no answers.

"H-h, h-how is t-this happe-ning?"

Myungsoo chuckled at my expression. "You're cute when your flustered."

And I'm back at it with the tomato face. "H-How did y-you know!" I said gaining some composure back in my voice.

"How bout I get some take out and then I'll tell you, hm?" He said placing his hands on my shoulders.

I once again was left speechless at the whole situation. Myungsoo's smile grew and he quickly kissed my lips once more before heading toward the door. "I'll be back."

I didn't bother to turn around. I heard the door open and close behind me and was left standing there to my own thoughts racing through my head. To say I was confused was an understament. I had no idea what to do with myself and I kinda wish I was still at my house with Jimin.

Slowly, I reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone, dialling the number I wanted. I placed the phone next to my ear and heard it ring a few times before they answered.

"Nari, what's up? Why are you calling me?"

"Eunji...........I'm so confused."

 

 

 

 

Thank you guys for reading my story. This was a shorter update but boy, did things go down! :D I hope you guys like the chapter and thank you for subscribing and commenting and all of that! I love you guys <3