Chapter 13

You're who now?

Nari's POV: 

I woke up a little later than usual, but still early nonetheless. I looked at my clock and saw it was 5:50 in the morning. The first rays of the sun were starting to be seen outside. I yawned and went to the bathroom. I took a shower and put regular clothes on since today was a weekend. I then brushed my teeth and walked out of the bathroom. And as usual, everyone was still sleeping. Not that I'm complaining, it's better for me. They have a less likely chance of seeing me change. And that's the last thing I need. 

I made pancakes for breakfast and gulped it down rather quickly. Today was important since I wanted to visit Jimin at home. I washed the utensils and walked back to my bed. I grabbed my phone and wallet before heading out of the dorm. 

The halls were quiet, being so early. But that's the way I like it. Not witnesses or eyes to see me. Hidden from the rest. 

I walked to the front doors and went to go out. Until someone called me. 

"Hey Jimin, where are you going?" 

I turned around to see Chanyeol coming up to me. Does this guy have a life? Or am I to irresistible to stay away from?

"Ugh, what do you want now?" 

He pouted and tried to look hurt. "What's with the attitude, missy?" 

My eyes widen and I slapped my hand over his mouth. 

"What did I tell you? I am Jimin and only ever Jimin. GOT IT?" I whisper yelled. 

"What ever you say..... Nari" he said while whispering the last part. I smacked him across the arm and gave him a glare, which he returned with a laugh. 

"So where are you going?" He continued. 

"None of your business, that's where. You already know to much." 

"Tch. You're no fun." He then started walking away from me, leaving me confused. He's really gonna leave me alone? 

"Text me later!" He said without turning around. 

"I don't even have your number!" 

"Yes you do!" 

He turned a corner and disappeared from my view. I took out my phone and saw his number in my contact list. He even had the nerve to put a heart next to his name. 

"When did he even do this. Aish, I'll get you back." 

I proceeded to open up the front door and started my walk home. 

On the way to the house, it was silent and peaceful. Only a few cars on the road and the sounds of birds chirping. There weren't many people on the streets either. Yet, I got this weird feeling that someone was watching me. I turned my head around to see nothing. I narrowed my eyebrows and took a good look around. After 5 seconds, I continued to walk to my house. However, the feeling didn't go away. I didn't know if I should be concerned or annoyed. 

"I swear, if it's Chanyeol, I'm gonna beat him down." 

I suddenly heard steps on the ground coming closer. I started to walk faster, but the steps got faster too. I started to sweat because I knew for sure someone was behind me. I finally stopped and whipped my head around with my hand in a fist, ready to punch someone. However, when I turned around, my head dropped lower than I expected and meet a pairs of eyes. A pair of dogs eyes. 

The dogs was smiling at me and tail wagging back and forth. I lowered my fist and smiled at the dog. 

"Hey there little guy, what are you doing? You scared me half to death." 

The dog obviously didn't reply so I went to pet it's head. It closed its eyes and grinned like he was enjoying it. By the looks of it, he looked like a stray dog. 

"Listen your cute, but I gotta get back to my brother okay?" 

I started walking away and heard the footsteps again. I looked back to see him following me. I didn't mind and just continued walking. 

I finally arrived at my house and the dog sat down a few feet outside the door. "Good boy. I'll see if I have anything for you." I opened the door and walked inside. And man, did it feel so different. 

It made me feel like our house was worse than when I was staying here. I never realized how poor we really are. 

I looked around and didn't see Jimin anywhere. I figured he was still sleeping and went to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and saw that there was actually food inside, for once. Not a lot, but still better than before. I decided to make Jimin pancakes as well for when he gets up. 

I finished making the pancakes and didn't hear anything in the house. Not even a peep. So I put the food on the table and headed upstairs. I walked passed my room and saw that the door was opened slightly. I peeked inside and saw my aunt sleeping on my mattress. I guess my room is now her make shift one. 

I smiled and headed to the second bedroom upstairs and opened the door slowly, hoping it won't creak. I peeked my head in and saw Jimin sleeping in a fetal position. I silently laughed and headed into to his room. 

"Still going to be the one that wakes you up, huh?" 

I went over to go wake Jimin up but stopped when I saw he had something curled up in his arm. I gentle took it out of his arms and looked at it. My heart dropped when I saw what he was holding. 

He was holding a picture frame of us and our mom and dad when they were still alive. We were all smiling in the picture and looked complete. Where everything was fine. I looked back at Jimin and saw that his eyes were a little puffy. I sighed and combed my fingers through his hair. 

"Everything is gonna be alright. I'm gonna make things right, don't worry." I said while sitting beside him. I then took the photo and put it in my pocket. I don't know why, but it keeps me motivated and makes me feel closer to them. 

I started to shake Jimin, rocking the whole mattress with it. Jimin started to groan. 

"5 more minutes noona, pleassee" he said sleepy. 

I chuckled at his response, knowing it was a complete lie. "Well unless you want cold pancakes, I suggest you get your up." 

Jimin slowly opened one eye. He eye widened and he sat up straight right after. 

"Nari! Your home!" He said while giving me a bone crushing hug. 

"Jimin. C-can't b-breathe." 

He let go and smiled at me. "Sorry." He ruffled my hair which I gave a pout to. He chuckled and smirked. 

"So how's school been? Do I have to beat up anyone yet?" 

I laughed at his response and stood up. "Come on, I tell you when we start eating." 

I sat down and watched him him while he ate his food. I felt like it was just another day and I wasn't trying to be a boy. 

"Man, I miss your cooking." 

I chuckled and took a piece of his pancake. He gave me a pout while I rolled my eyes. I got up and started heading to the door. 

"Where are you going? You just got here." 

"Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere." 

I opened the door and saw the dog still patiently waiting outside. His tail started wagging when I went out. I handed him the piece of pancake and he gobbled it down. "Maybe I should of got some more." 

"Nari what are you doing!" 

I rolled my eyes and went to head back inside. But my eyes met someone's eyes standing across the street. My eyes widened and I my heart started to beat fast. I quickly ran back inside and shut the door. 

I sat back at the table, anxiety starting to rise. Jimin looked at me worriedly. 

"Are you alright? What did you do out there?" 

"Nothing. I'm fine." He looked at me, obviously not believing me, but didn't push it. He knew I'd tell him when I was ready. Now why can't infinite be like this.

But my mind was replaying the moment before. What was Sungjong doing out there? What business does he have in this part of the neighborhood? What's gonna happen?

"So how's school going?" Jimin asked.  

I told Jimin about everything going on in school beside Chanyeol knowing the truth. I wouldn't here the end of it. 

"Hmm. I don't want you around that L guy. I don't like him." 

"Well don't worry about him cause I doubt that he likes me either." 

Jimin just scoffed and smiled at my comment. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and turned to see my aunt. 

Nari, your back. How are you?" 

She came down and started eating pancakes. I told her everything I told to Jimin. I looked at the time and saw it was getting close to noon. 

"I should get going. I don't want to get interrogated again." 

"Okay baby sis, call me later. I love you." 

"Love you too. Bye unnie, love you too." 

"Love you and call us anytime you need anything." 

I nodded and headed out of the house. I saw the dog still laying outside, a little sleepy. I smirked and opened the door again. The dog lifted his head and tilted it to the side. "Go ahead." The dog got up and walked into the house. 

"Take care of my friend!" I said before I shut the door. 

"NARIIII!!!" I laughed and continued my walk back to school before people would start to wonder where I am. 

I arrived at the dorms at 12:30, making my absence around 6 hours. I walked in to my dorm, wanting to relax by myself, but don't get it. Because all of infinite is still in the dorms. 

"Jimin where have you been? You've been gone since I woke up" Woohyun said. 

My eyes immediately went to Sungjong who just stared at me confused. He motioned for me to go to the living room away from the others after. I gulped and turned back to Woohyun. 

"I just went to see a friend outside this school. That's all." 

He looked unsure but nodded and went back to whatever he was doing, along with the rest. I looked back at Sungjong and he started walking into the living room. I followed him and left the rest behind in the bedroom. 

I sat down on the couch and looked at him. 

"Sooo, what's up?" I said. 

"What were you doing at that place this morning" he whispered. 

"Like I said, I was just visiting an old friend. That's all." 

"An old friend. In that part of town?" 

I averted his gaze and looked anywhere but his eyes. "Yea." 

He narrowed his eyes and stared at me. "I find that hard to believe." 

"Well what were you doing there?" 

"I help out that local neighborhood a lot. I was just finishing delivering some food for a shop owner." 

"Oh really?" 

"Yes." 

Well, he is one of the nicer ones. 

"Oh, well I just went to someone I knew." 

"Okay, if you say so."  

I have to be careful everywhere I go. I kinda do feel like I'm in prison. But nonetheless, he got up and walked back to Sungkyu, who was looking at something on his phone. That reminded me that I forgot to text Chanyeol. 

I took my phone out and saw a text from him. 

Hey when you coming back? 

Ya don't ignore me. Answer the phone. 

I will start texting your real name if you don't answer. 

Nariii, answerrrrrr! 

Psh, be that way. 

I chuckled at his text messages and decided not to answer. Just to annoy him. 

I the television and started watching tv. I didn't know what to do. I've never just had time to lounge around and do what I want. I was either at school, working, or taking care of Jimin. I feel lost and don't know what to do. 

So for the whole day, I basically watched tv and did nothing. And I was bored out of my mind. People actually watch this for hours? How do they not go crazy? 

I went into the bathroom and changed into my pajamas pants and cam back out. I saw everyone else getting ready to go out. 

"You're going to sleep?" Sungkyu asked. 

"No I just want to be comfortable." 

He nodded and continued getting ready. I just sat down on my bed and pulled out my phone. 

"Hey Jimin, give me your clothes. I'm gonna wash all our dirty clothes" Woohyun said. 

I handed him the clothes I took off and the other clothes that were dirty. He took them and I smiled at him, thanking him for washing my clothes as well. 

They walked out of the room and went to wherever they were going. I sat back down and listened to music. And before I knew it, I drifted off to sleep. 

 

Woohyun POV: 

I walked down the hall with the rest of infinite. We were going to play some sports on the field since we were bored sitting and doing nothing. I stopped and turned away from the rest since I had our pile of dirty clothes. And today I get to put them in the wash and get them. 

I got to the laundry room in the school and started putting the clothes into the machine. I wanted to get this done fast so I can head back to infinite. But when I was putting a pair of pants in, I felt something inside the pocket. 

"I told Dongwoo to empty his pockets before giving it to me." 

I reached inside the pocket and pulled out a picture? I guess this isn't Dongwoo's pants. The picture had a family in it with the parents, a brother, and sister. I don't recognize any of them but the girl seems familiar. 

My phone buzzed, interrupting my thoughts. I got a text from Hoya saying to hurry up. I put the picture in my pocket and finished putting the clothes in the washing machine. I guess I'll find out more later.