Chapter 36

You're who now?

Nari

Midterms were right around the corner and right now, I was a mess. Everyday after classes, I would go to the library to study each subject, going over all the material I was weak in. On top of that, I was still juggling around band and teaching Woohyun the piano. Not only that, Jimin was still in the hospital which didn't make me feel any better. Things just weren't working in my favor, I don't know how it could get any worse.

Currently, I was at the dorms finding my textbooks to bring with me to the library. Everyone was at the dorm besides Sungjong and Sungyeol, which honestly isn't suprising. I've learned to accept the fact that Infinite is a bunch of boring people that sit around all day. That's okay though, I'm boring as well.

As I was packing my bag, my stomach started hurting, making me feel a little quesy. I knew I shouldn't of had two bowls of ramen in under 10 minutes.

"Hey you going somewhere?" Myungsoo asked coming up to me.

"Yeah, library. I'm just gonna go to the bathroom first."

"Can I come?"

"If you're going to study. If not, I rather have no distractions."

"You know, I realized I got something to do later." He said looking at his watch. I rolled my eyes and headed into the bathroom.

I closed the door and locked it before sitting down on the toliet. My stomach felt a little better after but I soon found out the reason as to why it's hurting me.

"Well this is just great." Add my period onto all of the things already stressing me out.

I went into the cabinet and fished out my hidden stash of pads that I put in a random box. I stuffed it all the way in the back of the cabinet and stacked other random boxes on top of it so no one would find it.

I pulled the box out and put my hand in it to pull out the pad. Except my hand only felt cardboard.

"Oh no."

I looked through the inside of the box, turned it upside down and shook it, ripped it open, trying to magically make one appear. I went back to the cabinet and rummaged around everywhere seeing if maybe one slipped out. However, I was left empty handed.

"This is not good. Oh god, what do I do?" This really isn't my day.

I looked around the whole bathroom looking for anything that could help me but there's not many things that can help me in this situation. And it's not like this place has extra ones lieing around somewhere since this is an all boys school. I put my face in my hands, groaning in frustration. What the hell am I supposed to do?

"Hey is everything alright Jimin? You've been in there for quite awhile." I heard Dongwoo say outside the door.

"Uh, yeah I'm fine. Just the ramen I had before not sitting well with my stomach."

"Oh, ok."

I started panicking just a little bit. Think Nari. Think, there's gotta be something that will help you.

"Oh!"

I pulled my phone out and scrolled into my contacts. My finger stopped on the contact I wanted. I started to type a message but I suddenly grew self conscious. Like how the hell do I start this conversation.

To: Woohyun

Hey, your still in the dorm right?

I waited for a couple seconds before I got a reply.

From: Woohyun

Uh, yeah. Why are you texting me from the bathroom?

 

To: Woohyun

Look, I need your help.

 

From: Woohyun

???

 

To: Woohyun

I need you to go the store and pick up something that only happens to people like me.

 

From: Woohyun

Something that only happens to people like you?

 

To: Woohyun

Yes. Once a month.

 

From: Woohyun

Once a month??

 

To: Woohyun

Oh my, yes a month that usually lasts a week. I ran out.

 

From: Woohyun

Usually lasts a week???

 

To: Woohyun

YAHH, ARE YOU PLAYING WITH ME RIGHT NOW!!

I heard Woohyun laughing loudly outside the door making my face turned red from embarassment. I swear I would of strangled him if I was out there.

From: Woohyun

If you just needed pads, you should've of just said so XD

 

To: Woohyun

JUST GET THEM FOR ME!!

I heard footsteps from outside and a door open and close, making me sigh in relief. Sometimes I really can't handle how much of a troll Woohyun is. If he wasn't the one who lived with me, I would of texted Chanyeol instead.

I spent the next 15 minutes on my phone playing the games Woohyun had showed me. Each time the door would open, my eyes would perk up thinking it was Woohyun but it wasn't. I figured it was the other guys leaving which was good for me. By the time Woohyun actually came back, I thought everyone had left. 

I felt the door knob starting to turn when someones voice stopped it.

"Woohyun, Jimin's still in there."

Of course Myungsoo is still around.

I listened intently to the conversation happening on the otherside.

"Oh, really?" I heard Woohyun say carefully.

"Yeah, must have really eaten something bad." Myungsoo said.

"Well, I'm just gonna drop this in the bathroom." I heard a rustling of a bag and a hand on the door knob again.

"NO!" I heard Myungsoo scream.

No one said anything for a couple of seconds before I heard Myungsoo clearing his throat. "I mean, you don't want to walk in on someone."

"Whats going on out there?" I said, so it doesn't seem like I'm dead in here.

"Nothing" I hear Myungsoo say.

"Yea, I'm just going put some of this shampoo I bought on the counter. That's cool right Jimin?" Woohyun asked.

"Yeah sure."

The door opened slighlty and I saw Woohyun's hand toss the bag onto the counter before closing the door. I quickly grabbed the bag and hugged it tight. Finally.

"See, no harm done." I heard Woohyun say, I'm assuming to Myungsoo.

"Uh, yeah."

I wasted no more time and quickly put on the pad while stuffing the rest of the package in the back of the cabniet again, stacking whatever else on top of it. Once I felt that no one would find it, I closed the cabniet and cleaned up. My felt numb from sitting so long making me uncomfortable. Nonetheless, I grabbed my phone and headed out of the bathroom.

I gained a curious stare from Myungsoo while I shrugged my shoulders, acting as if I wasn't in the bathroom for over 15 minutes. I quickly grabbed my backpack and walked out of the dorm to avoid any akwardness, heading to the library. I felt an arm land around my shoulder and being pulled closer to the person.

"What would you do without me?" Woohyun said smirking.

I looked up to him and scoffed but ended up laughing. "I'd probably still be in the bathroom."

We both laughed and headed to the library to study for the midterms.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Midterms came quicker than I expected. No matter how much I studied, I still didn't feel ready or prepared. The only thing that kept me motivated to get through them all was the vacation time we had after. All the students had two weeks off, which I could really use right now.

I had already taken my science, history, and english midterms. All that I had left was math which I was the most worried about. I did fine in math but out of all the subjects, math was my worst so I was dreading taking this one. I don't find the point in it when all we'll really need to know is how to add, divide, subtract, and mutliply.

The test was in the morning, so I had to wake up early. I went into the bathroom, did my normal routine, and came out to get ready. While getting my calculator and pencils, I thought of eating something before hand. My mind thought back to the cafe me and Woohyun usually go to in the morning. We hadn't gone in the last couple of days so I figured that we should go again. I looked at the clock and estimated that we had around forty minutes to eat which was more than enough time.

I went over to Woohyun's bed and woke him up. His hair was all over the place and his eyes were still closed when he sat up.

"What?"

"We have the math midterm today and I was wondering if you wanted to go to the cafe again before taking the test."

He looked around confused for a second before shaking his head. "Uh, sure, just give me a sec."

Woohyun sleeply got up and went into the bathroom while I waited outside for him. I sat down on my bed and scrolled through my phone to kill time, waiting for Woohyun to finish up. When he finally came out, I got up from my bed and started putting on my jacket with Woohyun doing the same. Just as we were going to start heading out, another voice came from a bed.

"Where are you guys going?"

Me and Woohyun turned around to see Myungsoo rubbing his eyes. He raised an eyebrow when none of us responded to him. 

"Oh, just going out to eat before the test."

He looked at the time before looking back at us. "Can I come?"

"Well you see, It's kind of our thing." Woohyun said while placing an arm around my shoulder.

Myungsoo raised his eyebrow even higher. "Your thing?"

"Yeah, we always go in the morning, just the two of us. But we can bring something back for you if you want."

Myungsoo held Woohyun's gaze for a good ten seconds with no one saying anything. I kept looking back and forth between them, waiting for one of them to say something until Myungsoo broke the silence.

"I'm coming." He said while getting out of bed and putting on some sneakers and a jackets.

"You don't have to Myung, you can still sleep if you wanna." Woohyun tried negotiating.

However, he didn't listen and walked right in front of us, toward the door. "Coming?"

Woohyun sighed while I shrugged my shoulders, not really caring before heading out with both Woohyun and Myungsoo.

When we got to the cafe, there were a few people there. Following our routine, I went over and claimed our table while Woohyun went to the counter to go order. Myungsoo was left standing in the middle of the room not knowing what to do, making me chuckle. He looked between me and Woohyun before deciding on coming to the table with me.

"You're not going to get anything?" I asked him.

"Are you not?" He countered.

"No, I just get the table. Woohyun orders for the both of us."

Myungsoo pressed his lips together in a firm line and nodded his head. "I'll be back then."

I nodded my head and watched Myungsoo get up and head over to where Woohyun was. He went up next to Woohyun and ordered whatever he was going to order. When they both came back, Myungsoo sat himself down next to me while Woohyun eyed him, sitting across from me. I thanked him when he handed my food and started eating.

"So you guys come here every morning?" Myungsoo asked.

I nodded my head. "Pretty much."

"Since when?"

I didn't remember when we started coming here so I looked to Woohyun for help since he seemed to remember. "The day of the dance."

"Oh yeah, that's when."

"That long!?"

I stared at him confused. "Yeah, is something wrong?"

Myungsoo's face quickly relaxed again and cleared his throat, returning back to normal. "Yeah, why wouldn't it be." He said before stuffing some of his food into his mouth. I slowly raised my fork, eying him suspiciously. He's really odd.

"Anyway, Jimin! Wanna do something after the test?" Woohyun asked me.

"I don't know. Like what?"

"I don't know, we could do anything you want to."

I thought of things that would be fun to do. "Hmm, is there a park around here?"

"Pretty sure."

"Wanna go there?"

Woohyun nodded his head and smiled. "Sure."

"Can I come?"

I looked over to Myungsoo before laughing. He stared back with a confused face. "What's so funny?"

"Is that your new catchphrase or something?"

Myungsoo chuckled a bit before flicking my forehead. I pouted and rubbed my forehead, giving him a glare while he just smirked at me. I turned back around to take another bite of my food to see that Woohyun wasn't smiling anymore. In fact, he looked just like Myungsoo. His face was expressionless.

I waved my hand in front of him. "Hello? Woohyun, you good?"

"Yeah, fine" he said before taking a mouthful of his food. Odd. Both of them are so odd.

The rest of the time spent at the cafe was bascially me helping Woohyun with any last minute math questions he could think of. I tried to show him easier ways on doing it but he eventually gave up. I know Woohyun's smart but math really wasn't his subject. Anytime there was a quiz, you best expect him to be whispering to me, asking for answers. Though all this math talk made me wonder how Myungsoo was actually doing in math or school for that matter. He doesn't sit next to me in any class so I don't know how he does on these test or if he just passes by. But, I figured I'd ask him some other time. After we all finished up, we headed back to the school to take the midterm.

We all arrived at our testing room five minutes early so we continued our mini math lessons outside the room. When the proctor for the test came, we all ushered in the room and sat down in the seat that had our name on the test. Since it was alphabetical, Woohyun was pretty close to me while Myungsoo was farther away. I took my seat and laid out my pens, pencils, and calculator.

"Psst."

I turned around to look at Woohyun at his seat.

"What?" I whispered yelled back.

"If I need help just send it back on a piece of paper alright?"

I rolled my eyes. "Sorry Woohyun, but right now you're on your own."

"Why are you so cruel!"

I stiffled my laugh and turned back facing front, waiting for instructions. The only thing good that I could think of was that after the test we had no classes and the next day was the start of vacation for us. With that in mind, I focused on doing my best and to relax for this last test.

The teacher went over the directions and told us to begin our exam. When everyone opened the test, I heard Woohyun gasp in disbelief making me chuckle to myself. I wasted no time and started my test, flying through the first few questions quickly. However, my paced slowed down the further I got into the test.

When I was about three quarters of the way finished with my test, I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. Who the hell would be calling me now? My mind immediately went to the troll behind me. I scoffed to myself. This fool had the nerve to call me during the test. I shook my head and continued working on my test. However, it started vibrating again, indicating they were calling a second time. I rolled my eyes and looked up to the teacher to make sure he wasn't looking. When he was distracted, I turned around and glared at Woohyun but I quickly stopped. Woohyun had his head buried in his test, looking like he was about to pass out, but nonetheless, he didn't have his phone out.

I grew confused but, I still ignored it and continued to take my test. But now, I started getting text messages, my phone vibrating for a second. And it was going off every second. Whoever this was, they seemed they had to tell me something important.

I looked back up at the teacher again before pulling my phone out to look at the messages. When I saw who it was from, my body froze on the spot.

It was all from my aunt.

Jimin woke up.

He woke up but then started having a seizure.

The doctors says he'll be fine but I think you should come by.

Please Nari, answer as soon as you can.

My mind started spinning and I couldn't really focus on anything. I looked back down at my test and of the few question left but it's as if everything I learned left my brain. I stared at the paper probably feeling like Woohyun. Nothing made sense. Being here made no sense to me.

I had to go. 

Now.

I stood up from my seat, making a screeching sound against the floor. All the students stared at me, including the teacher. I saw Myungsoo and Woohyun giving me wierd glances.

"Mr.Park, please sit down. There is still a good hour left."

"I'm sorry sir, but I have to leave now."

"You can't leave during the test Jimin. Please sit down."

"Sir, please I need to go now, it's an emergency."

"Is everything okay Jimin?" I heard Woohyun say to me, worry filling his voice.

"What's going on?" Myungsoo chimed in.

"Mr.Nam and Kim, return to your test. Jimin, have you even finished your test." The teacher said looking at me.

I shook my head, making him sigh.

"I'm sorry, but you need to sit down right now. You're causing a distraction to the others."

I started breathing heavy. No, I need to be there for him. I can't stay here!

"Sir, I'm afraid I'm not asking for permission. I have to go now. I don't care what you do with my test. Take points off for all the ones I didn't complete, but I cannot stay here."

The teacher had disbelief written over his face. "Mr.Park..."

I quickly rushed out of the classroom and ran out of the building, heading straight to the hospital. My head was pounding and my heart was racing as I bursted out the front doors of Woollim, my mind only thinking of Jimin.

Please

Please Jimin

Please be okay