Chapter 14

You're who now?

Nari POV: 

I had gone to sleep without seeing the guys come back. But when I woke up, they were all there except for one: L. I arched my eyebrow in confusion. L was always the last one up or Dongwoo. Never the first. So where is he? 

I looked at the time and saw it was 6:10 in the morning. There's no way L would wake up at this time. Heck, there's no way he'd wake up before me, period.

I got up and looked around cautiously, yet I still didn't see him. Well as long as he's not here I can get changed quickly. That's all that matters to me.

I quickly walked to the bathroom and was about to open the door when I realized I forgot my clothes. So I went back to my draw and took my clothes out. I proceeded to go back to the bathroom when my hand reached the door knob. 

"What are you doing?" 

I paused and turned my head to see L, staring at me with a blank expression. 

"Going to get ready. What are you doing up?" 

He shrugged and walked up to me. 

"I'm going first" he said and walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. Glad to see he hasn't changed a bit. 

I sat back down on my bed and waited for him to finish. And boy was he taking a long time alright. 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes and he hasn't gotten out already! Jesus, it shouldn't take this long. How did he even arrive on time for school if he takes this long?!? 

I then heard Sungkyu and Hoya starting to shift around while Sungyeol got up with a yawn. Why is this happening right now?

"Oh morning, Jimin. Your still here" Sungyeol said. 

"Morning." I said while he climbed down and walked to the other bathroom and opened the door. My eyes widened as I cursed myself in my head. You idiot, there is a second bathroom and you stay here the whole time waiting!! What is wrong with me!?! 

Well now both are occupied and I really have to wait. Hoya and Sungkyu got up at the same time and got out of bed. I stifled a laugh seeing Sungkyu get up. His hair was all over the place and it looked like his eyes were closed, even though they were open since he was walking around fine. 

"Good thing your here this time." I turned my head to see Hoya speaking to me. "You can wake up Dongwoo." 

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Is that all I'm good for?" 

"No, but your the expert at waking him up" he said with a laugh. Well, he isn't wrong. 

I looked above my bunk and saw sleeping beauty, having no intention of waking up anytime soon. I was to lazy to push him off his bed, the air horn was too loud and annoying, so I went into the kitchen and grabbed a cup. I turned the sink on and filled the cup with water. When I returned, I climbed up and positioned his head so that it was lying off the mattress. I wasn't that mean where I'd wet his whole bed. And with the twist of my wrist, I poured the icy cold water on to his sleeping face. 

He didn't look to thrilled and as always, looked confused as ever. "W-WHAT, W-WHYY!!" I looked down to see Hoya smirking and repressing his laughter. "Told you, expert." 

I smiled and climbed back down while Dongwoo just sat up straight, not knowing what to do. I then realized that now Woohyun and Sungjong had woken up due to the alarm, A.K.A, Dongwoo. But then I realized that now everyone was up and I hadn't even gotten changed yet. Well this is just great. 

I looked back to the bathrooms and Sungyeol just got out with sweatpants on and his hair wet. My eyes looked away immediately and a faint pink arised in my cheeks. This is exactly why I wake up early. 

I tried to grab my clothes and head into the bathroom but Sungkyu beat me to it. Ugh, curse you Sungkyu. 

"Jesus, what is taking L so long, did he fall in the toilet or something?" I said to no one directly. 

"L is in there? He's awake at this time?" Sungjong asked. I nodded. 

"He's been in there for over 30 minutes now." 

"Really, he's usually the fastest one. He usually only takes 10 minutes." Hoya said. We'll obviously not today. 

And speaking of the devil, the door finally opens and he comes waking out with a towel around his neck and a see through white shirt with sweats. I forced myself not to look at his stomach and kept my eyes on his face. I glared at him and wanted to strangle him. 

He looks around and his eyes land on me. And what does he do? 

He smirks. 

I was ready to pounce on him and rip that smirk right off his face. What, he finds amusement in my frustration? 

He walks back to his bed and puts his stuff down. I grab my clothes again and get ready to head into the bathroom when Hoya walks in before me. REALLY. COME ON NOW!!! 

I sit back down in frustration again waiting for one of the doors to open. And I will push and shove if it means I'll go next. My nose started picking up a scent coming from the kitchen. I looked down to see Sungjong and Dongwoo preparing breakfast. At least I don't have to make anything this time. 

Woohyun walked past me, stretching and yawning at the same time. His shirt came up a bit, exposing his stomach. I turned away again, trying to act like I didn't see anything. But, my head turned back around. And what surprised me was I wasn't looking at his stomach, but at his pants pocket.

My eyes widened when I saw the corner of a familiar photo sticking out of his pocket. But I had it with me. It was in my pants- SHOOT. He took my pants to wash them. 

My hand went to his pocket and pulled the photo out of his pocket. He jumped at the sudden contact and looked at me. 

"Oh. That's yours? I found in your jeans while washing them." 

I nodded and quickly put the photo away. I hope he didn't look at it too long and realized I'm a girl. 

"Who are those people in the picture?" He asked. 

"My family." I said, hoping he'd realized all the other times I talked about my family didn't turn out so well and stop asking. But I guess he didn't cause he continued to ask questions. 

"Then where were you? There was only the parents and a son and daughter." 

"I-I wasn't home at the time. So I wasn't in the picture." I lied. 

"Wait, I thought you said you only had an older brother?" 

"Oh, she's my cousin. She visited at the time they took it." I said smoothly. 

"What's her name?" 

"Does it matter?" 

"Sorry, just wanted to know more about you" he said a little hurt. It's not that I don't want to become closer, but they all keep asking questions I can't tell them. Why can't they just ask me what my favorite movie is? Wait, scratch that. I never had a tv and hardly saw movies. Yeah, how bout they just don't ask me questions at all. 

"Her names Nari." I said, feeling a little guilty. 

He looked up and smiled. "That's pretty." 

I let out a little smile and turned to see L on his bunk, just watching us, probably listening on our whole conversation. Creep. 

And at that time, Sungkyu came out of the bathroom. Woohyun started getting his stuff ready when I shoved him to the side. 

"I don't think so. I having been waiting since L went in and I ain't waiting any longer" I said before rushing into the bathroom and slamming the door shut. 

Woohyun just stared at the door and chuckled. "This kid."

After about 10 minutes, I emerged from the bathroom and saw almost everyone at the table, eating breakfast. Dongwoo wasn't there, so I figured he was the one in the other shower, and L wasn't at the table either. I turned away from the table to see where L was: at my bed, looking at something. I walked a little closer and saw he was looking at my picture that I stuffed away. 

My eyes widened and I rushed right next to him and snatched the photo out of his hands. 

"What do you think your doing?" I said with a hushed angry voice. I didn't want to draw attention to us and have the others question my picture again. 

He snatched the picture back and held it high above his head and smirked. "Looking at the picture."  

My anger level was reaching its limit with this guy. "Give it back." I said while jumping to snatch the photo back, failing miserably. Curse my height difference. 

I only seemed to be amusing him because he just smirked wider, pissing me off more. "Why, it's just a picture?" 

"Well it's my picture so give it back, jerk." 

By the looks of it, he wasn't going to give it back anytime soon. "Oh yeah, and what if I did this" he said while putting his hands on the picture, getting ready to tear it into two. 

My eyes were practically bulging out of my eye sockets now. "You wouldn't dare." 

"Try me" he said while raising an eyebrow. 

I pounced on him, trying with all my might to reach the damn picture, but this guy is relentless. He started laughing a little as well. The nerve of him. 

However, I heard a knock at the front door while Sungkyu went to go answer it. And to my surprise Chanyeol walked into the dorm. 

"Hey, is Jimin here?" He said and looked around. He finally saw me and I just stared back at him. I realized the position I was in right now and immediately backed away from L, who still had my picture and was now looking at Chanyeol. 

"Should be in the back." Sungkyu said and Chanyeol started heading toward me. He eyed me suspiciously and looked at L as well. 

"Good thing your hear giant, tell him to give me back that picture." I said to him and he just looked between us. 

"Giant? Who you calling giant, shorty?" He said back, ignoring the rest of what I said. I started to grow frustrated again because apparently L found that funny and started to silently laugh. 

"If you wanted it, you should've just asked" L said and walked away, handing me the picture. Is he serious or does he want to get punched. 

Chanyeol then proceed to take the picture away from me and looked at it. Seriously, can't I just get it back?

He look at me and pointed to the girl in the picture. "Is this you?" He whispered. 

I finally grabbed the picture back and put it away in a new spot so L won't know, hopefully. 

"Yes, now would you care to tell me why you're here?"

"Oh, I came to tell you that this week on Tuesday, the science field trip is gonna start and that your my partner." 

"What field trip? I never heard of any field trip." 

"The school does it every year in the first weeks. We go camping for 4 days." 

"Why?" 

"To learn about the environment and stuff like that. But no one really pays attention to the lessons they tried to teach. And our science class is going this week." 

"So the whole grade isn't going?" 

"Nope, just our class." 

I nodded and turned back to my bed and sat down. Chanyeol just stood there staring at me. 

"Is there anything else you need?" I asked. 

"You don't want to hang out?" 

"No, I hang out with you too much." 

"We only hanged out once or twice." 

"Still too many times." 

He gasped and put a hand over his chest while I chuckled. "How rude." 

"Deal with it" I said. He ruffled my hair while I glared at him. "Fine, but when you get bored don't come running to me" he said while leaving the dorm. I rolled my eyes, even though he wouldn't see. I heard the door open and closed, signaling Chanyeol was no longer here. I got up and went to the kitchen to see everyone looking at me. 

"What?" 

"I see you have a friend." Sungkyu said. 

"Uh yeah, is there a problem?" 

"Nothing." 

I looked at all their faces and only Woohyun and L seemed mad. "What's with you." 

"How many times do you hang out with him but not us. Especially me!" Woohyun said with a pout. 

"Drama queen." Everyone snickered at that while Woohyun just looked away with the pout still on his face. I looked back up to L and he looked at me. He then walked away back to his bed, still looking slightly angry. Back to his cold and moody self again I see. 

I sat down and started eating breakfast with the rest of infinite with Woohyun giving me the silent treatment. I rolled my eyes and enjoyed sitting with them for breakfast. 

The rest of the day and the next day pasted by rather quickly. Everything was normal and Woohyun started talking to me pretty much immediately. I also had packed all the clothes I'll need for this field trip. Woohyun seemed upset that he couldn't go since we weren't in the same science class. The only people I knew that we're going with me was Chanyeol and L. Great. 

We had to wake up extra early this morning since we were leaving early. I got up around 5:20 in the morning, getting into the bathroom so I won't waste time. After my daily routine, I came out of the bathroom and packed all the little things I wanted to bring. 

I looked over to L who was still sleeping. Should I wake him up. I've never really woken him up before, only Dongwoo. Plus, we aren't on the greatest of terms. 

But me being the nice person I am, I decided to wake him up. I shook him hard, yet he still didn't wake up. I shook him even harder and got the same result. 

"L. L wake up now, you gotta get ready." 

I sighed and climbed up and got on top of his bed and started jumping, shaking his whole bed. I heard him grumble underneath and saw him starting to stir awake. 

"Uhh, what are you doing?" He said with clear annoyance in his voice. 

"Waking your lazy up. Now get up before you miss the bus." I said while hopping down the ladder. 

He sat up and looked around and then at the time. "It's five in the morning, what are you talking about?" 

"Uh, the field trip, remember?" 

He didn't say anything and continued to get up. He then went to the bathroom and got ready. I contemplated whether I should stay here and wait for him to get ready or just leave and start heading to the bus. I decided with the latter. 

I picked up my bags and grabbed my picture as well so no one could look at it while I'm away. I opened the door and walked out of the dorm. 

I headed to the front of the school and saw that the bus was in the front. I guess it arrived early. I walked out of the building and boarded the bus, taking a seat near the front. I pulled out my phone and headphones and started listening to music. 

I received a text from Chanyeol while listening to my music, saying to save a seat for him next to me. I guess he was running late as well, but probably not that late. 

As time passed, more students from my science class started boarding the bus. I looked out the window to see if Chanyeol was coming, but I didn't see him in sight. I sighed and played my music again. 

After a couple of minutes, I looked out the window again and saw Chanyeol coming with all his stuff. I rolled my eyes because he looked like a mess. 

"Took you long enough. Hurry up before your seat here gets cold" I yelled to him out the window. 

He rushed to the bus and started to board, leaving my field of vision. I moved my head to look down the aisle instead of the window and saw a familiar face, which wasn't Chanyeol. 

L was looking down the aisle to see any empty seats but since he's one of the last ones, there wasn't many available. There was a seat still open next to his lab partner. That must stink because he was on here before me, meaning no one wanted to sit with him. I saw Chanyeol's head behind L and motioned him to the seat next to me. However, L looked at this exchange and came up to the seat next to me and sat down. 

I looked at him confused. "What are you doing, Chanyeol was gonna sit here." 

"Yeah, well I'm sitting here now. There's still another seat over there." 

"So why didn't you go there?" 

"Because I don't want to" he said, giving me this stare that said 'now shut up'. 

I looked up to Chanyeol to see him pouting. I shrugged and gave him the 'well what am I supposed to do' look. 

He looked at L and L looked back at him, emotionless and not planning on moving. Chanyeol looked back at me. 

"We're still partners" he said while walking to the only other seat available, next to L's lab partner. 

I turned back to L and he looked back at me. "What?" He asked, smirking once again. 

I rolled my eyes and turned to look out the window again, while I heard him silently laughing. 

Oh please let this bus ride be quick.