Chapter 15

You're who now?

Nari's POV:

The bus ride was taking a long time. Too long. We had been on the bus for almost two hours and haven't even reached the halfway point to where ever this place was. Plus, sitting next to L wasn't helping either. He didn't talk or do anything, just stared at the back of the seat the entire time. Just seeing him like this is making me bored out of my mind. 

I turned around in my seat and raised my head just above the back of the seat, looking at Chanyeol. By the looks of it, he wasn't having the greatest ride either.

His bus 'partner' was talking nonstop to Chanyeol while Chanyeol forcefully smiled and pretended to listen to the boy. Chanyeol turned his head and met my gaze, turning into a glare. I chuckled lightly while he mouthed 'help me.' At least I'm not sitting next to him and L can just mind his own business.

I sat back down and fixed myself into a more comfortable position. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw L staring at me.

"What?"

He didn't reply and faced foward again. I sighed and put my headphones in and looked out the window, the only thing that wasn't completely boring. We were in the middle of nowhere basically, passing a few houses every couple of minutes. If not for the chatty students on the bus, everything is quiet and peaceful, the exact opposite of the city. While looking at the trees and the sun rising, it reminded me of when i was young again. Since my family didn't live in the city when we were younger, it felt more like home here. Jimin and I loved living out here, away from the city. But I guess good things have to come to an end, right?

Before I knew it, my mind started to drift off and fall alseep.

 

I was in the car, looking out the window again, passing the small buildings. I awed at seeing the city, thinking it was beautiful.

"Nari, are you hungry? We can stop somewhere and get some food if you want."

"I'm good, Omma."

"Okay sweetie, let me and your Appa know if you need anything."

"Neh, Omma."

I continued to look out the window and gaze in awe.

"Appa, how come we don't live here? It's soo pretty!"

"What, you don't like where we are now?" he said while chuckling at his daughters reaction.

"Ani, but there are so many people here and cool things."

"Yes, well there are things back where we are that the city doesn't have."

"Like what?"

"Well, there aren't many trees and grass in the city. It's mostly concrete and pavements around. Plus, the city never sleeps and is always nosiy."

"Oh. I guess your right."

"So which do you prefer, Nari?"

"Ummmm. Home. Home is better!"

He laughed at his daughter again while his wife smiled at the interaction of the two.

"Is Jimin going to be home when we get back to our house?" I asked.

"Yup."

"How come he didn't come?"

"He had a lot of homework to do, sweetheart. Don't worry, we'll see him soon."

"Good, because we need a rematch. He cheated in hide and seek."

Everyone in the car laughed at my remark. The car ride became silent, but the comfortable type. Everything was perfect right now. Nothing was wrong and time passed by slowly.

Until everything flipped around.

"Oh god, HOLD ON EVERYONE!!" My dad screamed.

I looked to my left and saw a truck coming straight at us. Time seemed to go by even slower than before, as my eyes widened in horror, reflecting the light coming from the headlights.

Pain. All I felt next was pain. The car had flipped upside down in the middle of the intersection. Glass shards piercing my limbs and my mind in a haze. I sat upside down, strapped into my seat for a couple minutes, trying to regain my mind from spinning. After becoming more alert, I reached down to unbuckle my seatbelt to stop the blood rushing to my head. I fell down to the ceiling of the car with a thud, landing in more pieces of glass, scraping my legs. 

Tears were streaming down my face. "Omma, Appa!"

Before I could wait for a reply, a loud horn was going off loud and nonstop. I whipped my head to the direction it was coming from to see another car coming straight towards us again, with the sound of brakes screeching against the pavement.

And all over again was shooting pain. Unbearable, aching pain. The car slammed into our car with much force, sending us flying across the road, but not flipping us. My body flung through the air and crashed threw the remainder of the window. I continued to roll over until i came to a complete stop, my head buried in the street, outside the car.

At this point, my body was covered in blood, probably multiple bones broken, and pain everywhere. I lifted my head to see the awful sight in front of me. The front of our car was facing me, upside down, while the other twos cars smashed behind. Oil from the cars was everywhere in the street and fires coming from the other cars. 

I focused my attention on our car. Our little mini van that we always went in to go to Jimin's sporting events. Where me and Jimin would fight for who got which seat, playing rock, paper, scissors. Where I was just smiling and looking at the city in awe.

My eyes landed on my mom and dad, still in their seats with the seatbelts securing them there. Blood painted their faces and fatigue present in their physique. I saw their eyes starting to move open, heads moving around slightly. My heart rate quickened, knowing they were still alive. My mind only had one thing on its mind: get to them.

"OMMAAA! APPAAA!" I screamed, trying to get up and ignore the pain that was forcing me down.

"N-N-NARIII! ARE YOU OKAY?" My mom and dad screamed, blood coming out of their mouths.

"NEH! HOLD ON, I'M COMING!" I said, staggering over to them slowly.

"NO! STAY THERE, BABY!" They said, seeing the fire closing in proximity through the mirror.

I ignored them and still continued to make my way over. My eyes were spouting rivers as the tears wouldn't stop, blurring my vision.

"We love you Nari. Tell Jimin we love him too." My mom said.

"Your going to be such a beautiful girl when you grow up, Nari. Never stop fighting and never give up in life. Your too precious to be stopped by something like this." My dad said.

"I'm going to get you out. Everything is gonna be okay and back to the way it was. Don't worry Omma, Appa."

"It's okay baby. We love you"

"I love you t-"

Boom.

The explosion was loud and powerful, sweeping me off my feet and pushing me back to the ground and further away. The fire had caught up to the oil that was seeping out of the car, bursting into flames.

My ears were ringing, vision blurred and head spinning. I blinked away the water in my eyes, seeing the car up in flames. I got up and ran toward the car as fast as I could, ignoring all the pain.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" I cried out, my voice hoarse and raspy.

Local citizens had stopped in their cars and called emergency. One man came up to me and held me back from going any further.

"Hey, little girl, calm down. Shh, its going to be alright,"

"LET ME GOO! I NEED TO SAVE THEM!"

I struggled and tried to get out of the man's grasp, but due to my conditions, I was never getting out.

I slumped down to the ground and sobbed staring at the car in flames. Everything hurt. My whole world came crashing down in a blink of an eye. Pain struck me everywhere, but nothing compared to the pain I felt in my heart. It's as though someone tore a piece out of it with a knife and all my inside are tense, making it hard to breath.

The sound of sirens in the distance became clearer while the man continued to shake me, asking me questions. However, his voice became mumbled as I only could focus on what was infront of me. He continued to try and gain my attention, my eyes never leaving the car.

His voice started off quiet and became louder.

'"--i."

"--in."

"-imin."

"Jimin."

"Jimin."

"JIMIN!"

 

My eyes jolted open, heart racing, and sweat on the top of my forehead. I looked around and saw all the students outside of the bus, on the camp ground site. I put a hand to my cheeck and felt a single tear, to which I quickly wiped away.

"Jimin, are you okay?"

I looked up to see Chanyeol looking at me with worried eyes. Next to him, standing further away was L with an unreadable expression on his face. 

My eyes drifted back to Chanyeol. I started getting up and grabbing my things.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?' I said.

"Didn't look like you were. I tried to wake you up at least eight times. You were silently saying no over again and were shaking a bit. You sure you okay?" He replied.

I turned back to him and gave him a tired, yet strong gaze. "I said I'm fine."

He still had that worried look on his face, but didn't ask further. I pushed past him and stopped for a second to look at L. He just stared back at me, not giving away what was going through his mind. I sighed and continued to walk off the bus. I felt mentally drained and just wanted to sleep. Its been a long time since I had one of these dreams. They usually weren't this bad, where the whole event played through my head. Usually it was only snippets.

I got off the bus and looked around the camp. There was log cabins everywhere, a lake off to the side, trees everywhere, and mountains in the distance,

"Okay class, sleeping cabins are to your left. Four people to a room and one of them has to be your lab partner. So two lab groups together. For tomorrows activities, we will wake up early and eat breakfast. The food court is just behind those cabins and bathrooms are in your sleeping cabins. We will discuss the other information later. As of now, find another group and get settled in. Okay?" The teacher said.

"Yes" the students chorused.

Students started going to the cabins while getting into groups of four. I looked back to Chanyeol who was staring at me, giving me a small smile, to which I returned. I walked with him to one of the sleeping cabins. Oh, how sleeping sounds so wonderful right now.

We walked into one of the rooms. It was pretty spacious and had two bunk beds, four beds in total. It wasn't anything to extravagent, but still gave off that sense of wealth. There was a closet to the left and a bathroom to the right. There wasn't any TV or much electronics, except for a phone on the bedside table. I guess they want to be all about nature here.

"I call top!" Chanyeol yelled while jumping from the ground onto the top bunk. I must say, that was impressive.

I didn't bother arguing and just nodded, agreeing to the bottom bunk. I might as well get used to it since I got the bottom at school too.

I fell onto my bed, face buried into the pillow with my bags slipping out of my grip. The bed was so soft and comfy, making me want to stay there forever. All the while, Chanyeol was looking over his bed, staring at the position I was in, before chuckling.

"That tired, huh."

"Uh-huh." I mumbled into the pillow.

"So, who's going to be staying with us?" He asked.

"I don't know and I don't care. Sleep. All. I. Need."

"Whatever you say... Nari."

My head shot up to look at him, giving him a deadly glare, to which he only grinned like a doofus.

"What did I tell you about saying that name? Are you dumb!"

"Nope. It's just fun to tease you."

To that statement, he received a pillow to the face, by yours truly.

"Heyy-"

Before he could continue, the door opened, revealing L and his lab partner. They walked in and started settling their bags in their respective beds, L taking the top. Of course.

Chanyeol didn't look to pleased that they were in here, especially since he had to sit next to L's partner the whole way here. He put a hand to his face, slowly dragging down, pulling at his face. I smirked at his reaction and laid down in my bed.

"I guess you guys are staying with us" Chanyeol said with a hint of displeasure, eyeing that kid.

L turned around to look at Chanyeol looking at his partner. He then went to look at me with his emotionless face, to which I replied the same. 

"Yeah, we are."

"CHANYEOLL! WHAT'S UP MAN!" L's lab partner screamed. If only I could kill him with my eyes, he'd be dead in a second.

"Oh, uh, hey Soohyun." Chanyeol replied quietly, looking away to avoid anything that has to do with him.

Soohyun turned to look at me and raised an eyebrow while chomping on his bag of chips.

"Who you?" he said while pointing to me. Now I see why everyone avoids him.

"No one you need to know" I said, not wanting to entertain this guy any longer and make him see I don't want anything to do with him.

"Woah there bro. No need to get your undies in a twist."

I replied with a glare, not saying anything. His face then turned sour, keeping eye contact.

"Fine then, ." He said before walking out of the room.

My eyes traveled to L who was staring at me. He turned away after a couple of seconds, not missing the silght upward curve of his lips, and climbed up on top of his bed, before going on his phone. Chanyeol was full on smiling at me like an idiot. I rolled my eyes and laid back down on the bed, wanting to rest.

Who knows if I'll be able to once decides to return.