Chapter 27

You're who now?

Nari

I woke up to my alarm ringing and tiredly rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. I walked to the bathroom and did my normal morning routine before coming out to eat breakfast. Though I didn't get to good of a sleep because my mind was thinking about tonight. Plus, waking up at the time I do isn't helping my situation any more. I was so tired that I couldn't even get myself to eat to finish the cereal I prepared. I winded up putting the cereal back in the fridge and sitting on the couch, taking a nap. But no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't relax and my mind kept racing to what's going to happen later, which just led me to getting a headache. *Isn't this a great morning for me.*

So I just sat on the couch and watched the clock on the wall, counting down the seconds of each minute. And each minute time seemed to be going slower than the last. I felt like I was losing my mind and I just wanted to get this day over and done with. "Ughhh. Why can't you just go faster you stupid clock."

"Talking to inanimate objects now?"

I whipped my head around to see Woohyun smirking at me with his hair all over the place from just waking up. "Why are you up?"

"I could ask you the same thing." He said coming over and sitting down next to me. I looked back at the clock and turned back to Woohyun really shocked. He might not be one of the heaviest sleepers, but this is really early, almost for me too.

"So are you gonna answer my question?" I asked again.

"To be honest, I'm not even sure." I rolled my eyes while he chuckled. He got up and went to the fridge and took out a water bottle and tossing me one which I thanked. He continued to look in the fridge for something to eat until he groaned and shut the fridge and coming back to sit down next to me again.

He pouted and unscrewed the cap off his water bottle. "There's nothing to eat."

"There's cereal."

"There's nothing."

I laughed and uncapped my water bottle before drinking some of it. We sat in silence for a couple of minutes just drinking our water. I was starting to feel less sleepy but now I was really getting hungry. Once the tiredness is gone, the hunger always takes over as Jimin likes to say. And Woohyun was right, cereal wasn't going to satisfy my hunger and that's all we had in the dorm. My stomach growled just thinking of the food I want. Woohyun chuckled at me while my face turned red from embarassment.

"Looks like I'm not the only one." Woohyun said while getting up again. He went into the bathroom, I assume to take a shower and get changed. I slumped back down on the couch and started to try and take a nap again. This time I was able to rest my mind somewhat for a few minutes though I couldn't fully fall asleep because of my stomach.

Woohyun came out of the bathroom with his hair wet, confirming my assumtion was right. He had changed into a pair of clothes and headed over to me. He grabbed my arm and pulled me up, dragging me out of the dorm.

"Where we going?"

"Some place to eat." Woohyun replied.

"At this hour? Is there even any place that's open?"

"I know a place." I didn't bother questioning further and just let him lead me to wherever he was taking me. We walked out of Woolim and started walking down the streets. Practically no one was up at this time and there were few stores open. But, just like Woohyun said, a little cafe was open that wasn't too far from Woolim.

We walked inside and there was only three or four people in the shop. Me and Woohyun went up to the counter and I looked at what they had while Woohyun did the same. *Oh, all of these look delicious.* My stomach started to lowly grumble again to which I tried to shush again. I was about to order when I realized something very important.

I don't have any money.

I frowned while Woohyun ordered what he wanted and looked at me. "What are you getting?"

"I didn't bring my wallet." I said, not wanting to tell him I'm completely broke as of now.

"I'll just buy it, what do you want?"

"No, just get what you're getting." I'm getting a little tired of everyone buying me things when I can't. I know they're just being polite but I don't want to have to keep on relying on everyone else for money. *I might still have to get a job afterall.*

"Make that two." Woohyun told the cashier. I glared at Woohyun while he smirked and payed for the food. I sighed. *I'll end up owing Myungsoo AND Woohyun mansions.*

I took a seat at a table by the window while Woohyun came over and brought the food sitting across from me. He handed me my plate while I continued to glare at him. He chuckled upon seeing my face while I hesitantly started eating the food. I wasn't happy knowing I'm relying on Woohyun for money, like Myungsoo, but my stomach sure is happy to what I'm feeding it. I looked out the window to see that it was still pretty dark outside with the faintest rays of sun coming from the east. Woohyun started talking, as usual, about everything and anything. Nothing would be boring or quiet with Woohyun was around. We ended up talking for quite a good amount of time.

"So why were you up so early?" He asked me, moving on from the previous topic.

"I couldn't sleep last night."

"Why?" He asked stuffing his face with his food.

I swallowed my food before answering. "I guess I'm just worrying about this whole dance thing."

Woohyun laughed while some food came flying out of his mouth. "Ya, close your mouth will you!"

"Sorry." He chuckled. "And why you so worried, I thought you said you're going by yourself?"

"Do other people go by themselves?" I asked, making it seem that this is what I'm worrying about.

"Sure, not a lot, but a few. Heck some don't even come, like Myungsoo. I'm suprised you got him to actually go."

"He didn't go before?" I asked raising an eyebrow while eating.

"He went one year and never went again. Said it was the most boring thing he's ever experienced in his life." Woohyun said while laughing. I chuckled too, totally seeing Myungsoo saying that. 

"So who are you going with?"

"One of the hot girls in the school" Woohyun said while smirking. "She's a cheerleader."

I rolled my eyes. "Wow, you lucky man." I replied sarcastically. Woohyun chuckled and shook his head. "Yep, gotta maintain my reputation. All the popular girls love me. They always ask me to go with them. That's why I was saying I could've hooked you up with someone."

"Isn't someone cocky."

"Too bad I don't like any of them." He laughed. I fake gasped while Woohyun smiled, eating his food.

"Someone picky huh?" I said purposely, seeing as though he said the same thing to me. He chuckled before he replied.

"They might be pretty, but I can see through them all. They flock to me because I'm part of infinite. Plus, some of them are pretty annoying, clinging to me the whole dance just to show off to everyone there with someone from infinite. I might take them to the dance, but that's as far as it's going." He said proudly finishing off his food.

"Wow, who would of thought Woohyun would care more than just looks." I said while smirking.

"Ya!"

I chuckled before my phone beeped in pocket. I pulled it out and saw that I got a text message. But what suprised me was who it was from.

From: Myungsoo

Where are you? Class is going to start soon you know.

My eyebrows furrowed wondering when I got Myungsoo's number but I started to panic, realizing what time it was.

"Is everything alright?" Woohyun asked.

"Yeah, but we gotta go like now Woohyun." I said while showing him the time. His eyes widened and quickly got up, throwing away the garbage. We ran out of the cafe and started heading toward Woolim. *I can't be late again or the math teacher is going to kill me.*

 

Me and Woohyun burst into the classroom both panting like crazy since we had to stop at the dorms first to get our bags as well. I don't know how we did it but we managed to get here while everyone was starting to settle down. I looked at the clock and saw that we were only like two minutes late. The teacher looked at us, narrowing his eyes a little, but nonetheless, didn't say anything. I sighed in relief with Woohyun and we both ended up chuckling. We took our seats next to each other. I turned around to look at Myungsoo, his face looking at me and Woohyun suspiciously. But I smiled at him, thanking him for texting me. After he gave me a small smile, I turned around to get ready for the lesson.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finished all my classes for the day. Since tonight was the day of the dance, there wasn't any homework. At least there was something I didn't have to worry about. But now the part of the day I've been dreading is finally closing in. I returned to the dorms to lounge around and try to calm myself down. I figured I'd start getting ready an hour before we actually had to go, which wasn't to far away. It was three now and all the students were going to leave around six. So I had two hours to do whatever I want.

The rest of infinite was hanging out in the dorms until it was time to go. I figured I'd just hang out with the rest of them as well. But my mind remembered a question that was left unanswered. And I wanted to get an answer.

"Myungsoo, can I ask you something?"

Myungsoo stopped in his tracks before walking over to me. "What's up?"

"How did you get my number, and how did your number appear in my phone. I'm pretty sure I've never told you it before." I said eyeing him suspiciously. His eyes widened slightly but only for a split second before returning to his stoic face.

"Well, you did tell." He said avoiding my eyes and grabbing a drink from the kitchen.

"When?"

"When were eating lunch that one time."  I thought to all the times I ate my lunch with Myungsoo, but I couldn't remember ever once telling him my number.

"I... don't remember." I said scratching my head.

"Well not my fault your memory isn't that good." He said smirking and walking off to Sungyeol. I scoffed and crossed my arms. I glared at his back before turning to the TV and watching whatever was on. *I don't have a bad memory, or do I?*

I spent the rest of my two hours watching TV with Dongwoo, laughing since we were watching a comedy movie. I honestly forgot about the whole dance because I was so immersed in the movie with Dongwoo. It was only when Hoya came over to us saying we should get ready did I realize the time. I got up and went over to where I hanged up my suit and went into the bathroom to change. I had less difficulty since I had put it on before and got changed pretty quickly. I walked out of the bathroom and looked into a mirror fixing my hair and fixing my suit to my liking. This was so much easier than putting on a dress, doing my hair, doing makeup, getting accessories and what not. I only remember doing all that stuff going to special events with my parents and Jimin, and I hated it. Man, I'm starting to wish I was born a guy.

I looked over to the rest of infinte and regretted that I ever did. Now I can see why every girl obsesses over them. Cause all of them look like royalty. Its amazing what a suit can do to a guy, making him look tens times hotter than before.

With little strength I had left, I resisted the urge to stare at them in awe but they were definitely making it hard. They kept asking me if they looked ok and Woohyun even asked me to help him with his hair, though I declined since I'm not used to styling short hair. I just sat on the couch, trying to find anything to keep my attention off of them, which didn't last long either.

"So, is this friend of your coming here or do we have to pick her up?"

I knew who was speaking to me without even looking up. I mentally scoffed because if Eunji had to be picked up, he's trying to make me come with him, like I'm going with them. I looked up to him and was about to speak until my voice got stuck in my throat. Myungsoo had his hair styled up, which he didn't do often, and the suit on made him look that much better.

"Uhh.."

Myungsoo smirked and raised an eyebrow. "What? Never seen such a good looking guy before?"

I snapped out my daze, my face turning red. I turned away and scoffed, trying to hide my face while Myungsoo laughed.

"And Eunji's coming here. I suggest you actually start remembering her name." Myungsoo rolled his eyes and sat down next to me. I pulled out my phone to text Eunji to see when she would get here. She replied quickly saying she was only a few minutes away. The rest of infinite's dates for the night started showing up one by one. I must say they were all pretty but I don't think I would be friends with them if I was going to Sm with Eunji.

"Oh who's that guy? Is he new to infinite?"

"I don't know but he's pretty." Two of the girls were talking and pointing at me, making me feel very uncomfortable. I avoided looking at them and just chatted with Myungsoo. Eventually, Eunji showed and I went over to greet her.

"Wow, you look amazing." I said. Eunji always looked amazing getting dressed up. She was wearing a pink flowy dress that had strap going over one shoulder with rhinestones going around the waist.

"You don't look too bad yourself Jimin." She said while winking at me. I laughed and I pulled her over to Myungsoo.where she got stunned by his good looks. I chuckled elbowed her to say something and stop staring, to which she regained her focus.

"Uh, You look very handsome L." She said blushing slightly. I looked over to Myungsoo who gave a small akward smile.

"You look nice too." He said. I glared at him and kicked him in the leg while he glared back at me. I raised my fist and nodded my head at Eunji, displeased with his lack of enthusiasm.

"I mean you look amazing." He said, not forgetting to glare back at me. Eunji blushed again and smiled. Everyone was chatting with each other before we started leaving to go to the dance place. Apparently, there is a limo we're all taking which I'm just finding out. 

"Uh, is there any reason you have that bag with you?" Myungsoo asked Eunji while we started heading out. I turned around finally noticing the huge bag that Eunji was carrying. I guess it had everything in it for me and I looked at Eunji who stared back at me.

"Oh, it's just an extra pair of shoes and other things if I need to fix my outfit" Eunji replied, quite smoothly might I add. Myungsoo didn't bother to question any further and we all hopped into the limo. I was quite cramped seeing as those there was 7 guys with their dates, and me, inside. I sat across from Woohyun who gave me a smile to which I returned.

"You're not going with anyone?" Woohyun's date asked me.

"Uh no, not tonight."

"Oh, what a shame. A handsome guy like you should have someone to go with." She said while smiling at me in an uncomfortable way. I akwardly laughed and looked to Woohyun for help but all he gave was a "I told you look" while looking at his date before rolling his eyes. I chuckled a bit before talking to Eunji for the rest of the ride to avoid any conversation with her or the other girls. Plus, Myungsoo wasn't talking much to Eunji so she didn't mind.

When we finally arrived at the place, my jaw dropped. They really went all out. This place was as huge as a palace and everything was decorated nicely. There was a huge chanderlier when we walked in. Everything looked so expensive and my eyes found probably my favorite part of this place.

The food buffet.

My mouth was watering looking at all the delicious food the had that stretched across table to table. However, Eunji pulled me along with the rest of infinite, ending my thoughts of devouring it all. She dragged me into the main dance room where almost all the students were at. It was crowded. There was music playing already and couples out on the dance floor. I stood in awe of this room as well as Eunji, us not being used to such extravagent things before. After my sight seeing, I immersed myself into infinite's chat session for a couple of minutes. I started to proceed with the plan and looked at the huge clock on the wall. I saw the time was 6:15 so around 6:25 I'll leave infinite to find Chanyeol. I had already received a text from him telling which bathroom to go to and where he was at. So I continued to talk with infinite for the rest of the time being. Some of them had already left and went off to dance with their date or get some drinks, which all worked in my favor.

I eyed Eunji after a while, telling her she should make her leave, which she nodded in return. She excused herself to go to the bathroom which no one questioned. I waited a couple minutes after before I make my leave too so it wouldn't be suspicious. After about 5 minutes, I figured I could leave.

"I'm going to get a drink." I said to the rest of infinite. They all nodded and I started walking off when I felt a presence following me. I turned around and looked at him confused.

"What are you doing?" Myungsoo looked at me and shrugged. "I'm going with you, what does it look like?" Leave it to Myungsoo to try and ruin my plans. But tonight, Myungsoo was going to listen to me and whatever I say.

"Shouldn't you stay?"

"Why?"

"Because when Eunji gets back she's gonna wonder where you are. I'm not you're date, she is."

"So-"

"Look, I want you to make her happy tonight okay? You had your chance of bossing me around as your slave for two weeks straight. I think its time you start listening to me now." I said while crossing my arms. He arched his eyebrow and stared into my eyes, boring into my soul it felt like. After a few seconds, he sighed.

"Fine, if thats how its gonna be." He said and shoved his hands into his pocket and walked back with a smirk. I sighed in relief and started heading to the bathroom that I was supposed to go to. I climbed up the stairs and started making my way downs the hallways I ingrained into my brain. And sure enough, I came to a bathroom where Eunji was patiently waiting outside with the bag in her hands. Chanyeol was right, since there wasn't anyone here.

"Took you long enough." Eunji said while smiling at me.

"Yeah, yeah, lets not waste anymore time shall we?" Eunji didn't need to be told twice and we both headed into the bathroom. She put her bag on the ground and started to the zipper on the bag. I didn't know what Eunji had or even what the dress looked like. I was just hoping it wasn't pink or anything to flashy.

I went into the stall and started to take off my suit while eunji started hanging the dress and other things on the stall door. I took off the suit and the wraps I had, making me breathe easier. I took the dress and stared at it. It was simple but elegant and nothing to crazy. Plus it was in my favorite color, a dark blue. I smiled, knowing Eunji nailed my taste.

41lj%2B4loi7L._SY445_.jpg

I put the dress on and put the heels on that Eunji slipped under the stall. After putting on all the clothing items, Eunji quickly put on a few bracelets and a necklace on for me. After that, she combed my hair back and started to put the wig on which she had already curled and securing it to my head. She then ran back to her bag and pulled out all the makeup that she had.

"Close your eyes." She demanded to which I quickly responded. RIght now Eunji was in her zone and I didn't want to disturb her in anyway but to just sit back and let her do her thing.

After a couples minutes, Eunji was putting the finishing touches to make sure everything was perfect. She looked a little crazy with all the tools in her hand and making me do things. But after a once over Eunji finally smiled and relaxed.

"Done." 

I looked into the mirror while my jaw dropped. She made me look like I'm worth something and everything was perfect. She didn't go over board on the make up which I liked since I've never liked a lot of makeup and the dress with the shoes and accessories to the hair. Everything was perfect.

"Wow, you might be better than my aunt."

Eunji chuckled and walked up next to me. "Anything for my best friend Nari." It had been a while since I have been called by my real name and felt like it was my name. It's actually a little weird becaue now I actually feel like a girl.

"Thank you." I said while pulling her into a hug.

"Of course. Plus, you rock that dress better than me." I laughed and started helping Eunji clean up everything and put the tuxedo into the bag. I started walking out when Eunji stopped me.

"Wait! We gotta take at least one picture." I smiled and went back to Eunji where she pulled out her phone and took a picture of us together while I did the same on my phone. After our photo shoot, we separated ways, me going to find Chanyeol and her to Myungsoo.

"I wish I could be with you guys tonight. Don't forget to tell Chanyeol hi for me." Eunji said before walking off. I chuckled and nodded. 

"Make sure no one gets suspcious alright?"

Eunji nodded her head before walking down the hall and turning. I started walking down the other hall way where I entered the dance room again. It was packed and everyone was dancing. Since I was still on the second floor, I was looking down on the crowd hoping it would be easier to find Chanyeol this way but the room was really crowded. I sent Chanyeol a quick text to tell me where he is. He sent one back saying that he was at a stairwell in the left corner. I looked up from my phone to see where he was talking about until I spotted a lone figure looking down at his phone, taller than most of the guys. I smiled and started walking over to the staircase.

I wanted to sneak up on Chanyeol so as quietly as possible, which was difficult with the heels, I tried to make it down the steps. But I guess I wasn't quiet enough or just unluck because Chanyeol had looked back around at the staircase and saw me. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped. I laughed at his reaction and walked down the stairs to him.

"Close your mouth before a bug flies in." I said while reaching up and closing his mouth for him.

Chanyeol shook his head and stared at me before smiling his usual goofy grin.

"Ji-jimin?"

"Thats Nari to you." I said while smiling. 

"Wow, you look, gorgeous." My cheeks got red and I tried to laugh off my embarassment.

"Why thank you, as do you." I finally looked at Chanyeol and noticed how nice he really does look, just like the rest of infinite. He looked well put together and I noticed his tie was the same color as my dress.

Chanyeol bowed slightly before reaching his hand out. "Shall we party, Nari?"

I smiled and grabbed his hand. "We shall." Chanyeol stood up and we started walking to the dance floor.

"I can't believe I'm doing this tonight." I said honestly. Chanyeol looked down at me and smiled.

"And it's only just getting started."

 

Thank you guys for reading my story. This is the longest update yet. I hope you guys are liking it and don't be shy to comment and subscribe! Once again thank you! :))))