Chapter 7

You're who now?

Nari's POV:

As I bid goodbye to Jimin, I followed my aunt to a men's clothing store. I picked up some dress pants and some jeans for school and casual days. I also got a few t-shirts as well. They were all plain and simple. However, when I looked over to my aunt's pile, I almost choked on air. 

"What are you doing unnie?"

"What do you mean?"

I looked at her clothes in her hands. They were weird looking and stand out from everything. The pants she was holding was shiny and silver, while the tops were bright neon colors. One even had beads coming down the front of the shirt. 

"Ya, I'm trying to blend in, not stand out!"

She looked back at her clothes and awkwardly laughed. "Sorry, I guess it's a habit. I have to style stars to make them stand out. Uh, what you have will do." She then dropped all the clothes she was carrying into a bin where you put clothes that didn't fit after trying them on. Before paying for the clothes I gathered, we also got a pair of shoes as well. We didn't spend to much money since all the clothes were plain for the most part. I can't imagine what the cost would be if we got all the other clothes unnie picked out. 

"Now let's get you a haircut!"

I groaned and mentally slapped myself. I wasn't thrilled for this part. 

We walked into a hair salon and I sat down at the waiting area while my aunt went up to the desk. I looked around the place and saw another girl getting a few inches cut off her hair. When she was done she went to go pay the hair dresser. "That'll be $65" she said to the girl. 

$65!!! For like 3 inches off. What even! If it's just $65 dollars just for that, I can't imagine what it's going to cost to chop off all my hair. Sorry, but I don't have that type of money nor would I spend it on a haircut. I'd rather do it myself. 

"Unnie this is to expensive. Let's just go."

She turned around to look at me. She had a few items in her hand that she bought. She smiled and laughed a little. 

"Oh don't worry. You're not getting your haircut here. I'm gonna give you the haircut. I was just getting the right scissors. Trust me, I'm not spending this amount of money for a haircut" she said and gave me a wink. 

"Good, because this place is a rip off." My aunt just laughed and we walked out the store. 

We walked back home since she said it would be better to give it there. I walked inside and hugged Jimin. He already heated up some of the leftover pasta again for dinner. I put my clothes down and sat on an old wooden stool we had while my aunt got all the hair stuff ready. She started getting a garbage bag, a hair tie, and her scissors. She also had a cup of water to damp my hair. I gulped and started to shake a little. I mean I know it's just hair and it'll grow back, but I'm just worried what I'm going to look like after. Apart of me is hoping I'll look like a boy but apart of me is also secretly hoping I won't look to much like a boy. 

"Alright Nari, you ready?"

I nodded my head and took a deep breath. She came behind me and put my hair into a low ponytail. She also dampened my hair with the water. I could see out of the corner of my eye Jimin smirking at me. I'm glad he's enjoying this. I then felt the cold blades of the scissor at the back of my neck and closed my eyes. 

"You ready?" 

"Ready as I'll ever be."

"Okay."

And just like that, I felt the scissors cutting my hair and the new lightened feeling of my head. I then saw my hair dangling right in front of me. I took it out of my aunt's hand and just stared shocked at it. I never realized how long my hair actually was and how heavy it was. My head felt like a feather. My aunt then continued to give me the haircut while I kept looking at my hair. After she was finished, she handed me her mirror and looked at myself. Wow, I look like a guy. A girly looking guy, if that makes sense. 

"You look gorgeous Nari" my aunt said to me. 

I smiled. I'm actually starting to like this. 

"Don't you mean handsome" Jimin said while smirking at me. Leave it to him to ruin my mood. 

"Ya be quiet Jimin!" He just laughed at my remark while I rolled my eyes at him. 

"Why don't you go to sleep Nari, its getting late."

I nodded at him and went upstairs to my room. I kept putting my hand through my hair. It felt so weird not having my long hair. I changed into my pair of pajamas and drifted off to sleep. 

When I woke up in the morning, I did my usual routine and headed downstairs to see Jimin and my aunt talking to each other. 

"Hey guys."

"Good morning Nari" they greeted me. 

I sat down and started eating my breakfast. It was the same thing as the other two days except I now had jam on my piece of bread. I ate quietly as Jimin talked to our aunt. My mind started to drift to school and what it would be like going to Woolim. But then i realized that I still was going to regular school first, at least for the next couple of days. Ugh why! 

"Unnie, I can't go to school now. Not with this hair cut. What if people grow suspicious and start questioning why I cut my hair like this."

"She has a point" Jimin said. "The last thing we need is for people to be suspicious." 

"Oh, don't worry Nari, I have a wig you can wear in the meantime. It's a little shorter than what your hair length used to be, but I doubt anyone will notice" unnie said. 

I mentally thanked God for making my aunt a stylist. Honestly, I don't know what we would do if she wasn't. She handed me the wig and it was for the most part the exact same, just a little shorter. I eventually went to school and sat down at my desk, staring at the wall since there wasn't anything better to do. I was about to close my eyes and rest some more when 

"Hey Nari! Did you get a new haircut?"

Shoot. I forgot all about Eunji. So much for no one noticing. But what was I going to do. Should I tell her what I'm going to do or should I keep it a secret. My mind was in a huge dilemma right now. 

"Um, yea, just a few inches off" I told her, hoping she wouldn't question the long pause or where I even got money to get a haircut. 

"Cool, looks nice."

I thanked god in my head that Eunji was a little slow when it came to putting pieces together. The teacher then walked into the classroom and started the lesson. Well at least I have until the end of the day to think about if I should tell Eunji or not. 

Lunch eventually came and I sat down at my table waiting for Eunji. I only had one class after this so it was basically the end of the day. Eunji took her seat across the table from me and started talking about what happened in her chemistry class. But I couldn't focus. My mind was racing with my own thoughts. 

Tell her.

Don't tell her. 

She's your best friend, tell her. 

What if she tells someone else, don't tell her. 

"UGHH!" 

"Nari, are you okay?" 

"Eunji, I have to tell you something, but you have to promise me you won't tell anyone, no one. Okay?"

"Sure what is it?"

"I-I'm going to Woolim university" I said quietly. 

"WHATTT!"

"SHHH what did I just say!"

"Sorry. But what do you mean. That's the best school here and it's all boys. Are you playing with me?" 

"No. I'm being serious. I'm pretending to be a guy and my aunt worked something out for me to get in. I even cut my hair, this is just a wig."

She stared at me with her eyes wide as saucers and mouth hanging open. "Chinca?" 

I nodded my head and continued eating my lunch, which wasn't much. 

"When are you leaving" she asked me. 

"Not sure, but soon." 

It got akwardly silent after that. I didn't know what to say or what she was feeling. I hope that I did the right thing in telling her. I don't think she would tell anyone else, but right now I'm not so sure about anything. 

"Promise me we will still hangout and talk to each other" she asked, more liked demanded me. 

"Of course Eunji."

The bell then rang, signaling us to our last class. After school, I went to work and didn't get off until 6:30. It was only when I was walking home that I started to question whether I'll be able to keep working once I'm in Woolim. When I got home, I saw my aunt and Jimin talking to each other, laughing. I'm glad he has someone to talk to and isn't completely lonely all day. 

"Nari, you're back!"

I went up and greeted my brother and aunt. It sat down at the table and started to finish the math homework I couldn't finish in school. 

"Oh Nari, I almost forgot. I got you something" my aunt said. 

"What is it?"

She didn't answer me and just handed me a box. I raised my eyebrow and opened the box. My mouth hung open immediately after. A brand new phone was sitting in the box. This must have been so expensive.

"Unnie, you shouldn't have. This is to much, I can't."

"Don't worry about it. It'll help you fit in more with all the rich kids. Thought it would be a little suspicious if you went without one."

"Thank you so much." I never had a phone before. I should probably figure out how to work this before I go to Woolim.

"Oh and one more thing Nari. I finished all the paperwork at Woolim while you were at school. You're starting next week!" 

"WHAT!"