Chapter 12

You're who now?

Nari's POV: 

When I woke up, my eyes were a little swollen and my head was pounding. I groggily looked at my clock on the nightstand to see it was 5:30 in the morning. I silently groaned and looked around the dorm. Everyone was asleep in their beds. At least they had the decency to leave me alone last night. 

I got up from my bed and went to the bathroom to do my morning routine. After I freshened up, I made myself breakfast, which was the cereal as usual. I ate fast today because I didn't want to stay here. I quickly finished and grabbed my stuff to leave the dorm early. When I opened the door, I heard a voice from behind. 

"Where are you going?" Sungyeol asked. Just judging by his voice, he sounded scared to ask me. 

"Out" I said without looking back and closed the door. 

Since it was only around 5:40 in the morning, no one was roaming the halls at this time. The once noisy and crowded school became empty and silent. The sun hadn't risen yet, so it was pretty dark throughout the school. Honestly, I didn't know what to do or where to go but anywhere was better than that dorm.

My feet took me to the little courtyard near the cafeteria. I sat down underneath the tree again and closed my eyes. Something about this place reminds me of when me and Jimin were little kids. We used to play in our yard and the tree was always base. Hide and seek was always my favorite, especially when my mom and dad would join in too for our amusement. I wish we could go back to those days, where everything was so much simpler. I wish Jimin was with me right now.

"I miss you oppa."  I said to myself. I looked up at the sky and saw the faint colors of pink and orange from the sunrise in the distance.

"Jimin, what are you doing?"

I jumped at the sound of the voice. I instantly thought it was Sungyeol since he had saw me leave but when I turned to see who it was, I was surprised to see Chanyeol.

"Oh my god Chanyeol, you almost gave me a heart attack." 

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you" he said while taking a seat next to me. "So what are you doing here?" 

"You know just hanging out. With myself."

He raised an eyebrow at me, not convinced at all and by the looks of it, he's not gonna let it drop. 

"I got into a little argument with infinite and I came here to cool down. It's really nothing." 

"If it was nothing than you wouldn't be here, would you?"

I hate it when he's right. 

"You can tell me. I won't tell anyone. You can trust me Jimin." 

I sighed and told him what had happened last night with much dread. "See, it's really nothing. Just a little argument." 

"More like him being plain rude to you."

I laughed at his remark and silence engulfed us after. Not the awkward kind, the satisfying kind of silence. 

"If you don't mind me asking, why are you so secretive about your family life. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, just wondering." 

I looked at him and turned away again. I can't tell him anything, I promised my aunt and Jimin. But I feel like I can trust him with knowing a little part of my history. 

"My, um, parents. T-they're dead." 

Chanyeol looked at me with bug eyes. I guess that wasn't what he was expecting, but I don't blame him. 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked." 

"No,no don't worry about it. You know, I always never want to tell people that they're dead. I don't want anyone to pity me or give me favors just because I don't have a mom and dad. I also don't want to be known as the one who has no parents or seen as weak. But recently, I realized it's harder to keep it in then just let it out. It's like opening a can of soda once you shake it." 

Chanyeol just sat back and listened to me. I told him a few other things about my parents but not much. 

"You said you had an older brother right? He's still alive right?"

"Yeah. He has a heart condition but he's still alive."

"Jimin, I'm gonna ask you something and I want you to be completely honest with me, okay?" 

"Hehe, your kinda scaring me." 

"Promise?" He said in a stern voice. I looked into his eyes and saw how serious he was. 

"Okay" I said, a little unsure. 

"Are you a girl?" 

My eyes widened into saucers and I started to feel sweat dripping on my forehead. How can this be happening? I've haven't even been here a week and I'm already caught!! Am I really that bad at trying to impersonate a boy? 

"Pshh, what are you talking about Chanyeol. You're a funny guy" I said trying to laugh it off. However, when I looked at Chanyeol, he was anything but laughing. 

"I'm being serious Jimin."

I gulped and looked around nervously. Should I tell him the truth? Or will he tell anyone else? After everything I've been through to get here, with Jimin on the line, I can't jeopardize getting caught. But he already knows technically. UGHH, why is this so difficult. 

I closed my eyes and looked at him patiently awaiting for my answer. 

"Yes."

Wait, what? Did I really just tell him my true identity. I swear my mouth has its own agenda. 

Chanyeol just smiled and looked in the distance. 

"You know, even if you told me you weren't, I wouldn't believe you" he said while chuckling a little. 

"How did you even find out?" 

"I kinda overheard you conversation on your phone in this courtyard a day or two ago. You said oppa instead of hyung first and you were also speaking to another Jimin, so, I don't know. Something felt off to me. Even just now, before I came, you said I miss you oppa." 

Well damn. I really need to be careful about what I say even when I think I'm alone. I started to grow worried since now someone knew my secret which absolutely no one, NO ONE, was suppose to find out. 

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me." He said and smiled to me. "I'm glad you trusted me enough to tell me. I know it must be difficult." 

"Why are you gonna keep it a secret. I mean, I'm not even suppose to be here in the first place. Why help me?" 

"Because we're friends. And friends look out for each other. Plus, my life just became a whole lot more interesting now. I feel like I'm harboring a criminal." 

"Gee, thanks." 

"I'm just kidding. But really, that's what friends are for right." 

I smiled and thanked him. He really is a nice guy. We sat in silence for a bit again until- 

"So is Jimin even your real name?" 

"No, it's my brothers name. Mine is Nari." 

"Nari. That's pretty. Well Nari, if you don't mind me asking again, why are you going to an all boys school in the first place?" 

I laughed and told him my whole dilemma with my brother and I, and why it's so important for me to be here. 

"So your doing this for him?" 

"Pretty much." 

Before I even realized it, it was already almost time to go to classes. The sun was already shining in the sky, but the halls were basically empty. I guess the schools's students aren't morning people, not just infinite. I got up from under the tree and started to head to my class early. 

"And remember, don't tell anyone. As far as you know, I'm a guy and my name is Jimin. Got it?" 

Chanyeol gave me a thumbs up before we headed our separate ways. Students were starting to fill the halls and head to their morning classes as well. 

I sat down in my seat and had 10 minutes to spare. So I did what anyone else would do, sleep. 

When I woke up from the bell ringing, I saw most of the students were in their seats waiting for the teacher to begin the lesson. I got open my notebook and started to take down the notes. But something felt off. I feel like I should be annoyed right now, but I'm not. Then I remembered who I sit next to and turned to look at him. There he was, taking notes, not saying a word, not even being any bit of annoying. Just sitting there, taking notes. It's like I'm staring at a different person completely. Where's the annoying Woohyun? 

I guess he noticed I was staring at him a little too long and looked over at me. He gave me a sort of sad smile and went back to taking notes. I eventually went back to taking notes as well since, you know, what else was I suppose to do. 

We were able to finish the math lesson early, so we had a couple of minutes to relax for the rest of the period. I was going to sleep for the rest of the period but someone didn't let me. 

"Look Jimin, I'm sorry for what happened last night. I hope we didn't seem rude or anything because of L. I don't care if you don't have a lot of money or not nor do I need to know. It's your life and past. I'm not trying to barge in but I hope we can still be friends and this won't affect anything." Woohyun said. 

I looked at him and saw he was sincere with what he was saying. Before I got to reply, he handed me something. I opened my hands to see my money that I left on the table last night. 

"It's yours anyway" he said. 

I smiled and looked at him. "Thanks Woohyun. And of course, we can still be friends." 

He looked up at me and smiled widely. 

"Really?!" 

"We're seat buddies, remember?" 

He laughed and nodded his head. "Yes we are." 

The bell rang and I headed to my next class with the annoying Woohyun trailing behind me. 

History class went by quickly and before I knew it, I was in science with Chanyeol. I walked in and saw Chanyeol already sitting at the desk. How did he get here so fast? He's also in my history class too. 

"Hey Na-Jimin over here!" He said. 

I gave him the death stare, probably burning holes through him if I could. 

I sat down and continued glaring at him. 

"Sorry, I like your real name better" he whispered to me. 

"Ya, I don't care. You will only address me by Jimin and Jimin only. Nothing else." 

"Yes ma'am." 

If only my eyes could set him on fire, because that's what they would be doing right now. He just snickered and started to copy down the notes. What have I done? 

When science came to an end, I gathered my thing and got ready to leave. But before I could leave the room, a hand grabbed my wrist. I turned around to see L holding my wrist. L? L? What the hell does he want now. To be honest, I forgot he was even in this class. 

"Look, I'm sorry for being rude yesterday. I didn't mean to hurt you or make you feel like that. Just as you have reasons for keeping parts of your past a secret, I have reasons for why I act the way I do. So I hope you won't judge me because I wont judge you. You don't have to forgive me but I'm sorry." 

And just like that, he left without waiting for me to respond. I stood there for a couple of seconds, shocked that L actually apologized to me. Like, am I seeing things clearly. But I can't help but think of what he said. He has reasons for acting the way he does. What does that mean? 

Before I could think any further, the bell snapped me out of my thoughts and I ran out of the room. Good thing lunch is next, or I'd be so late to class. 

I headed into the cafeteria and saw Chanyeol waving his arm for me to come sit down. I started to walk over to him when my eyes locked with Woohyun. 

"Jimin, come sit with us!" He yelled over the noisy lunch room. 

What do I do now? Why do I always feel clueless here? I looked back over to Chanyeol to see him looking between me and infinite's table. I looked at Woohyun to see him looking between me and Chanyeol's table. Yes, cause they are really making this easy for me. 

I probably stood there for a good 15 seconds. And I did what I normally do in these type of situations. 

Ignore the problem. 

I turned around and headed out of the lunch room to the courtyard to eat again. Hey, when you can't choose, avoid the problem. Important life lessons from Nari. 

I sat down under the tree once again and started eating my lunch. I decided to text Jimin about what's going on and how someone may know my secret. I think I'll text him from now on since it's the safer option. No one can listen in on your texts. Just as I hit send, I look up to see Chanyeol walking toward me. 

"Hey. So this is where you ran off to?" 

"Yup. Much more peaceful than that noisy, crowded lunch room." 

"True." He sat down and pulled out his lunch and we started chit chatting about whatever came into our minds. It wasn't until a couple minutes later, another figure walked up to us. 

"Hey, what are you doing here?" 

I look up to see no one other than Woohyun. He sat down right next to me. 

"Eating." 

"Yea, no kidding. You come here all the time?" 

"Not all the time, but I'm pretty sure I will." I said. 

He nodded his head and we all started talking, enjoying our time together. Woohyun and Chanyeol seemed to be getting to know each other better which was good. They seem like they'll become close friends soon. Eventually, the bell rang and we continued on with our day. 

When I arrived at the dorm, I finished all the little homework assignments I had and relaxed on my bed. I was drifting off when 5 people all stood in front of me bed. I opened up my eyes to see Sungkyu, Sungyeol, Hoya, Sungjong, and Dongwoo standing in a line. 

"Can I help you guys?" 

"We're sorry Jimin for how we might have acted yesterday" Sungkyu started. Ahh so another one of these. 

"Pleaseeee forgive us Jimin. We are nice people, we swear" Dongwoo pleaded. I laughed at his childish behavior. 

"We won't stick our noses where it doesn't belong" Hoya said. 

"And we promise to be amazing friends" Sungyeol added. 

"Just give us a chance" Sungjong whined. 

I didn't think they were this distraught about the whole thing. I can tell there nice people, maybe even L but I'm not 100% sure with that guy. But the rest, it's obvious that they're genuinely sorry and just good guys. 

"Calm down, I'm not mad at you guys. I'm sorry for blowing up yesterday. We can all be friends. But, next time we go out to eat, I'm only paying for my food. Got it?" 

"DEAL!!" They all said. 

Maybe staying here won't be so bad after all. 

-----------------------

hey guys! I hope your enjoying the story so far. I know this chapter was kinda centered around Chanyeol, but don't worry there will be more of infinite to come. Thanks for reading my story :)