Chapter 43

You're who now?

Nari

"OH MY GOD, HE WHATTTTT!!!!!!!!"

"Eunji, I would like to keep my hearing for as long as I can. Thanks."

"THIS JUST HAPPENED NOW???"

"What do I do Eunji?! I'm freaking out!"

"My god, you're living the life Nari! This is amazing!"

"No it's not! What do I do?"

"Is he still there? I swear if he is and you ran away again to talk to me-"

"No, okay! He left to get food. I'm on a time limit Eunji! Some advice would be nice!"

"Okay, okay. How long ago did he leave?"

"I don't know it's probably been five to seven minutes."

"Okay, so we don't have much time. I'm estimating 3-5 mintutes he'll be back. In those few minutes, put on some really nice clothes and fix yourself up."

"What? Why!?"

"Because, you wanna look your best now. Really impress him."

"Eunji!"

"Go put on a different pair of clothes!"

"No! That'll just seem weird."

"Ugh, fine. Then stay calm when he comes back. And take control by kissing him this time."

"NO! You're not helping!"

"Well, what do you wanna do then, huh? You called me so now you-"

"Wait, shh." I pulled the phone away from my ear and heard the front door jiggling. I started having a mini panic attack and my heart was picking up pace. "He's coming! I gotta go."

"Oh my- don't forget to text me everything that happens after!! Full description!!"

"Yeah, yeah, bye." I quickly hanged up and jumped on the couch, turning on the TV. The screen to whatever happened to be playing at the moment right when Myungsoo walked in from the door. I tried to act natural but I just ended up looking even more awkward. With food in one hand, Myungsoo walked over to me, raising an eyebrow.

"What are you doing?"

"O-Oh you know, j-just watching TV."

His eyes shifted from me to the TV before smirking. "Really?"

"Yup."

"I didn't know you were into those kind of movies."

I looked over to the TV before I quickly reached for the remote and turned the TV off, my face heating up for the milionth time today. Let's just say it was rated R and that I have really bad luck. "I-I wasn't watching that!"

"But you just said you were." His smirk grew even wider. "Park Nari, were you lying perhaps?"

"Alright enough, I wanna know everything. How did you figure any of this out? Why did you keep it a secret and why are you only telling me this now? I need answers." I said crossing my arms.

He chuckled before sitting down on the couch next to me, placing the food onto the table. I scooted away from him since I was still cautious from before but that only made him laugh again before moving right next to me. "You really want to know?"

"Yes."

"Alright. What do wanna know first?"

"When did you find out?"

"First day. Pretty sure I said that much."

"How!"

"One thing you should know about me, I hardly ever forget a face."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "...Okay?"

"Well, I saw you before. Simple as that."

"Where?"

"At a shop. Near your house."

I gasped, thinking back to that moment in time, to the first time I saw the whole gang. If I remember correctly, my eyes only locked with his for a split second, at the most. How the hell did he remember my face? Wasn't I all the way in the back of the store? "You were even a creep back then?"

"Ya! I just have a good memory."

"So...as soon as you walked in the dorm..."

He ruffled my hair into a mess. "You weren't fooling me."

"Then why keep it a secret?" I said smacking his hand away from my head.

"I don't know. I guess I wanted to see what you would do or if you were some creepy ert."

"YA! I'm not a ert!"

"If you say so."

"And you're only telling me this now?"

"It wasn't a priortity on my list of things to do."

I rubbed my face in my hands. Everything was so backwards to me. This whole time I thought I was keeping this secret from him and that he had no clue yet he knew  the whole time. He was keeping a secret of my secret from me. Ugh, my brain hurts. "You've got some nerve, Myungsoo."

"I have a question."

"Oh really. What's that?"

"Does anyone else know?"

I removed my hands from my face and laid down on the couch. "Based on everything so far, I bet the whole school knows at this point."

He rolled his eyes. "Don't be dramatic. Is there anyone you know that knows?"

"Yeah, two people. At least I hope that's it."

"Who?"

".......Chanyeol and Woohyun."

Myungsoo faced twitched in discomfort it looked like, but I might just be seeing things at this point. He sort of laughed but it sounded bitter.

"I figured."

"You knew that too?!? Geez, is there anything you don't know?!"

"I'm amazing, I know. You don't have to remind me." He started taking out the food from the plastic bag, grabbing a pair of chopsticks and handing one to me.

"Wait," I snapped my head towards him, "then why did you....."

"Why did I what?" He slurped up the noodles in the container, waiting for my reply.

".....nevermind." I focused my attention on the food and started eating. However, I felt his gaze piercing into me from the side.

"Why? Just say it."

"No, it's nothing important." To be honest, I really wanted to ask him why in the world he kissed me but I really think I would die of embarassment if I did. And that's the last thing I need right now. Plus, he's unpredictable.

"Really?"

"Yes, now just eat your food."

His eyes lingered on me for a couple more seconds before taking bites of his food. We sat there in silence, the only noise coming from our bowls. I kept thinking back to my first day coming here, the first time I met him coming into the dorms, taking my bed. From even that moment, someone knew. I was already busted and I had no clue. This whole time I thought I was the trickster, fooling everyone. But in the end, I was the fool. I could say that only these three people know but I could very well be fooling myself once again. Who's to say no one else does know. That Hoya, or Sunggyu, or Sungyeol, or Dongwoo, or Sungjong, or anyone knows. After how far I've come, I can't risk anything anymore. From now on, I can't  fool around. From now on, I'm Park Jimin only. There is no Nari. She doesn't exist and she never has.

"Hello? Anyone there? Nari?" 

I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Myungsoo's hand waving in front of me. Slapping his hand away, I grabbed my garbage and stood up. "Don't call me that."

He stood up and followed me to the kitchen. "What? Why? That's your name."

I sighed and spun around, giving him my serious look. "No it's not. My name is Park Jimin and that is how you'll adress me. There is no Nari."

"What are you talking about? Listen, I'll keep it a secret like I have been. I'll just say it when no ones around."

"No."

He rolled his eyes and leaned back on the counter. "Why?"

"Because, I don't need you getting used to calling me that. It's better if you just act like you don't know anything and continue to treat me as Jimin."

"But Woohyun can act different?" He scoffed.

I squinted my eyes at him. "What are you talking about? For your information, Woohyun continues to call me Jimin, even when were alone."

"Oh, so he kisses you instead." He spat out angrily.

I was once again left out of words, the wind getting punched out of my stomach. His intense gaze left me frozen in my shoes, scared to even make a move. "W-What ar-"

"Don't play stupid now. Like I said, I know a lot more than you think."

"How-"

"Does it matter? What do you see in him, huh? Everytime I can't seem to grab your attention, he seems to do it in an instant. When we're all going different places, you always go to him. Everytime I see you, he's always right next to you!"

"What are you-"

"What's wrong with me, huh?"

"Nothing! Would you calm down."

"No! I bet your glad everyone's coming back in two days right? So you don't have to be near me 24/7? You'll be able to jump into Woohyuns arms in 48 hours. You must be so excited!" He glared, making me look away. His breathing was heavy and after not saying anything for a good minutes, his breathing started to stablize.

I continued to stare at the floor. "So this is why I'm the problem?" 

I felt his eyes on me but refused to look. "I'm just a burden right?"

He sighed, taking a step foward. "Nar-"

"No," I looked him right in the eyes, holding back my emotions, "my name is Park Ji Min. I came here for one reason and one reason only. To help my brother. That's all I intended to do and I'm sorry for creating a bigger problem than that. All that I ask from you is to just keep it a secret and I wont bother you ever again. I promise."

I turned around and walked out of the dorm, letting out a shaky breath in the process. For what ever reason, I can't seem to have a conversation with him without getting into some sort of argument. And from what he just told me, the sight of me makes him angry or at least me and Woohyun. My head hurts from everything that's going on and I know I have to be the one to do something to fix it. There's only two days left and then everyone is coming back. Almost half the year done, only a little more than a half to go. The most important thing I have to do is focus on school, for Jimin. And if I have to make changes to accomplish that, than so be it.

After a tiny walk, I knocked on the door to the school office. A couple of seconds, a lady's voice told me to come in.

"Oh, Jimin? What brings you here?" She said looking up from her desk.

I took a seat across from her desk and cleared my throat. "Hello, I would like to make a request."

She took a sip of here coffee before placing her '#1 school's counselor' mug back on her desk. "A request? What would that be?"

"I...I would like to change dorm rooms ma'am."

Her faced etched in confusion. "Why would you want to do that? Is everything alright?"

"Yes, but I just haven't been getting along too well with my roomates."

"Are they being rude to you? I can report-"

"No, no! If anyone one, I'm to blame. We just don't live together all that well. Can you just place me in a different room?"

"Um, I can check." She hesitated before clicking away on her computer. Her eyes scanned through all the files, checking all the rooms. "Hm, there isn't many options I can give you. I would have to ask someone from another dorm to switch with you. Otherwise, you'd have to stay in a much smaller room all by yourself since its supposedly a 'temporary' dorm."

"That's fine! Actually that's perfect."

"Are you sure? It's a lot smaller that the other dorms and isn't fully up to date with the TV's or other electronics."

"Yes. I want it."

"You're completely sure?"

"Positive."

She let out a sigh. "Alright then." Her fingers pressed a few keys on the keyboard and swiveled around in her chair. She opened a cabinet on the wall and took out a pair of keys, handing them to me. "These are the keys. To get to the new dorm, go all the way down the hall you're at right now, then make a right and go down that hall, then a left and it should be the last room all the way down that hall on your right. It's quite a walk."

"I don't mind, and thank you." I said bowing to her.

"You can move in whenever you like. And if you don't like it or want to go back, just let me know."

"Neh."

I bowed once more before exiting the room with my new set of keys. If they had given me this room before, I would have been saved going through a lot of trouble. No roomates, no chances for my secret to be let out again. Time to focus on myself and my work without distractions. This is what I need.

Quietly, I entered my dorm, well, old dorm with infinite and checked around. From what I gathered in my few seconds of looking, no one was here so I went straight to work. Opening my dresser, I emptied out my clothes messily, hastily throwing them in a bag before moving onto the next draw. Once I cleared out all my clothes, I moved onto the bathroom and took my toothbrush and my secret stash of pads in the back of the cabinet. When I put all of those away, I only had simple items like my phone charger, picture frames, books, all that jazz.

Zipping up the bag, I swung it over my shoulder looking at my now empty bed. There was a stinging pain in my chest but I ignored it, placing my old keys on my dresser. I wouldn't be needing them anymore.

"What are you doing?"

"AHHH!" I glared behind me, placing a hand on my chest. "Jesu- a warning would be nice, creep."

"What are you doing? What is all this?" Myungsoo said trying to take my bag but I was quick to yank it out of his grasp.

"Nothing. I'm just going out for a-" I stopped when I saw his look. There was no way I would be able to come up with a lie, let alone him believe it. "Fine. I'm going to my new dorm."

"New dorm? What the hell are you-"

"Look I'd love to stay and chat but I got places to go, things to do." I tried to walk off all cool like how I saw in the movies but Myungsoo yanked my arm back, placing me right in front of him.

"You're not going anywhere."

"Who do you think you are, my mom?"

"You're staying." His voice was filled with authority but I tried to ignore it.

"I'm only going to help everyone if I do. I don't see what the problem is."

"No, you won't! You're staying here and that's final."

"It's better if I go! Trust me, you'll be thanking me later."

"What, and have some other guy figure out you're a girl?" I didn't appreciate the sarcasm laced throughout his voice.

"It's only going to be me, no one else. If you think about it, this is better since no one else will be able to figure out unlike if I stay here with the rest of infinite."

He hesitated in his spot, making me smirk a little. He damn well knew he couldn't argue with that since that's facts. "I don't care, you're not leaving." He once again tried grabbing my bag to empty it out but I moved out of the way, resulting in some sort of game of tag.

Eventually, he grabbed my wrist and turned me to look toward him. "Nar-Jimin," he quickly fixed after seeing my face, "please, just put the bag down, okay. I'm not going to let you leave."

I knew he meant it because his grip was iron. I had to think of something fast to distract him since I was so close to the door. If I'm able to distract him, I can make a run for it. But what can I distract him with? 

My eyes searched around the room, coming up empty handed. I only did what I do best, which was coming up with lame excuses. "Oh look at that, out the window. There's a...a eagle!"

"Really?" The look he gave me told me how dumb I must be if I thought he would look.

After my lame attempt, I looked back into his pleading eyes, begging me to stay. Part of me wanted to stay but I knew it would be best if didn't. I had to go.

And before I knew it, I closed the distance between us, placing my lips against his. Why? I have no idea. My body does weird things when I act on impulse.

Myungsoo seemed taken aback for a couple of seconds. I was starting to regret it until I felt him respond, kissing me back with much intensity. For a moment, everything disappeared and the only thing that mattered was both of us. The rest of the world and my problems floated away but I knew that I couldn't float away as well. I felt his grip loosen and I knew now was my chance.

I swiftly pulled away, muttering a small apology before running out the room. For an extra measure, I knocked over the coat rack by the entrance. The years I took track came back into play as I raced down the hall as fast as I had ever ran before. When I turned the corner, I heard Myungsoo's voice echo through the hall but I didn't stop. I ran all the way down the second hallway, which was longer than the first. The lady wasn't joking when she said it was quite a walk. 

When I finally turned and raced down the last hallway, which was a dead end as well, I placed the key in the lock, opening up the door and closing it shut once I got in. I locked the door and let out a sigh of relief that was mixed with my heaving panting.

I quickly realized the downgrade of the room. It was much smaller than the other but it was still bigger than my room back at my house. The end of the room could be seen by the door which you couldn't see before. The bed was in the corner of the room, the size only being a bit bigger than the one I have at home. Next to the bed was a tall dark brown dresser. I looked to the left and saw a small closet, with a door next to it. The door lead to a bathroom with a shower, toliet, and one sink vanity. My 'kitchen area' consisted of a mini fridge, a table with one chair and stove with a few cabinets. On the wall hung a small TV, but I didn't mind since it was still a TV.

I sat down on the bed after looking around and lied down, closing my eyes. This room may be smaller but I'd take this any day over my house. Now, I didn't have to worry about the rest of infinite finding out about me. It was better this way, so why was there still a feeling of regret. That wanted to just go back.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, making me fish it out. I wasn't suprised to see the caller ID say Myungsoo but I declined it, turning my phone on silent. I mean this wasn't that big of a deal. I'd still see him during classes, it wasn't like I was leaving the school. There was really no real way to avoid him or any of infinite.

But I need time to figure myself out right now. Especially with everyone coming back, and one in particular, I have no idea what to feel as of now, especially now with Myungsoo. My mind is a scattered jigsaw puzzle and I really need to figure it out as soon as possible.

The sound of a muffled buzz caught my attention. Groaning, I grabbed my phone and looked at the text.

From: Myungsoo

You trying to push me away is only going to make me try harder. From now on, I'm not going to hold back, Nari. I hope your ready.

I scoffed at the message and tossed my phone on the bed. This Monday was definitely going to be difficult and he's only adding to it. Maybe I should just skip classes, that would be eaiser right?

I groaned once again, pulling the covers over my face, wanting to hide away from everything.

 

 

 

I'm sorry for the late update. School has been keeping me busy all day long. I'm just waiting for break in 3 weeks. But anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed the update and don't forget to vote, comment, and subscribe!