Chapter 26

You're who now?

Nari

The past few days have been nice for the most part. I decided that I'll be in the band so I started going to practice on a regular basis, I wasn't Myungsoo's servant anymore so that was a relief, and I made sure to check up on Jimin more frequently to know he's alright. Everything has been going fine and smoothly. Though, there's still one thing that is bothering my mind no matter how much I try to forget about it.

"I still can't believe you agreed to go to the dance as Jimin when you already agreed to go with me."

"You'll just have to go with someone else Chanyeol, what can I say?"

"NO! You agreed to go with me first, you can't back out now." Chanyeol said while stuffing food in his mouth. 

Currently, I am at Chanyeol's dorm, eating food (of course), and trying to discuss what is going to happen with this whole dance thing since it's in a couple of days.

"Well I can't go as Jimin and Nari, that's impossible." I looked over to Chanyeol who was just shaking his head in displeasure. He wasn't having any of this. I can't blame him though, I did agree to go with him, but I can't now.

Chanyeol continued to whine. "But you already said you'll go with me!"

"Well what do you want me to do!? Go to the dance as Jimin and change into Nari once I'm there!!" I crossed my arms while putting some food in my mouth. I was having enough of Chanyeol acting like a baby. It's not like I'm the only girl in the world that he can go with.

I looked up, seeing as though Chanyeol wasn't responding, and saw that his face was frozen and for the first time, I didn't know what he was thinking.

"What?"

Chanyeol's face spread into his usual goofy grin of his. "That's it!"

"What's it?"

"You are a genius you know that!" He said while jumping up and down. I looked at his hopping figure with confusion since he wouldn't explain himself. Chanyeol ran out of the room and came back with a pen and paper, sitting down next to me.

"Chanyeol, wil you explain yourself."

"What you said, it works! It's actually pretty simple." My eyes rounded at this guy's thought process. He's starting to sound like my aunt when she said that being a guy would be easy.

"Chanyeol, have you finally lost it?"

"Listen to me, look you show up coming to the dance with infinite, if not make sure with Myungsoo so he knows you came. Then after talking to him and the rest for a bit, just leave them. You can tell them whatever, say you're gonna dance or get a drink. While you get away from them, go to a bathroom and change into a dress, put the wig on, bada bing bada boom! Problem solved. Plus, they'll probably have someone else that they're going with so it won't be like they're going to keep tabs on you and see where you are."

I stared at Chanyeol, part of me finally confirming he's lost it and another part of me actually thinking if this could work. The more I think about it, the more it sounds like it could work, but it is EXTREMELY risky. The last thing I need is to put myself in a position that could expose me, but I also don't want to disappoint Chanyeol after everything he's done for me, especially keeping my secret.

"Look Chanyeol, I'd really like to go with you, but don't you think this is a little too risky. What if someone is looking for me during the whole thing, then what? Am I supposed to go change again and when they see that I'm still here, change? And what if someone see me? There is just a lot of holes in this plan."

Chanyeol gave me a pout and started giving me his puppy eyes. "Pleaseeee! I promise, I'll make sure nothing happens that shouldn't. You trust me right?"

I stared into his eyes for a couple of seconds before sighing. "Okay, BUT, let me consult my secretary first."

"Secretary?" Chanyeol asked in confusion. I pulled out my phone and texted Eunji about the whole situation. If there's anyone who I can trust to speak their mind and tell me if it's worth it, its Eunji. And it didn't take long for her to reply.

From: Eunji

To be honest, this is pretty risky. But, I definitely can see it working too. If you want my opinion, I'd say its 50/50. If you want to go through with it, I'll help you too but if you don't want to, that's cool. It's whatever you want to do.

I sighed, not really getting an answer on what I should do. Before I could come up with a decision, I got another text.

From: Eunji

Whatever you choose, I'm still going with L right?

I shook my head, rolling my eyes. Of course, gotta make sure your going with your crush still.

To: Eunji

Yes, yes. You can stop worrying.

I put my phone away and sat back down, thinking. Chanyeol watched me intently, but didn't say anything. If I don't do this, life will be much simpler and I'll just go to the dance as Jimin. But I know I'll be letting Chanyeol down. If I do do this, I am completely disreagarding everything Jimin and my aunt told me and risking everything at this school to make Chanyeol happy. To be honest, the choice is pretty obvious on what I should do. But, am I going to do it?

Nope.

"I swear Chanyeol, one mistake and you better start planning your funeral."

"Yes ma'am!"

 

The next few days have been me, Chanyeol, and Eunji formulating plans on how this is going to go down. After looking over everything with extra care and details, I think we came up with a good plan. Eunji is gonna bring the dress, wig, and makeup to the dance while I'm going to show up as Jimin with infinite. Since Myungsoo is going with Eunji, we'll probably meet each other on pretty early. Once we chatted for a little bit I'm going to excuse myself from the rest of infinite while Eunji is going to excuse herself to go to the bathroom. We'll meet each other at the bathroom on the second floor where they're hosting this place since it's more secluded from the rest, at least that's what Chanyeol's saying. Chanyeol will be keeping his eye on infinite and everyone else to make sure no one is coming. I'll put the dress and wig on while Eunji will do the makeup because that girl can put makeup on so quickly and still make it look flawless. Hopefully, we'll be done quick and enjoy the rest of the dance. A bonus is that since Eunji is with Myungsoo, who is with infinite, she'll be able to make sure none of them start growing supsicious of my whereabouts. If they do, she'll inform me and I'll change back into Jimin. As far as leaving, if I wind up being Jimin, I'll just go back with infinite. If I happen to be Nari, I'll go back with Chanyeol to my house and change before going back to the dorms. If anyone asks I'll say I met up with Chanyeol and went back with him.

"I think this is pretty solid." Chanyeol said.

Eunji nodded in agreement. "I gotta give you props Nari, this is pretty good. And if you pull it off, it'll be that much better."

"I hope so." I said while drinking my coffee. We were all gathered at a coffee shop that is off campus to discuss one last time on what's going to happen.

"It will be, trust me or I'm going to die." Chanyeol said while taking a sip of his coffee. I chuckled before closing my eyes, praying that everything is going to work out okay. 

"You sure this is what you want to do. This is your last chance to change your mind?" Eunji asked me with concern. Chanyeol looked at me with anticipation but with soft eyes, saying it's alright if I really don't want to do this. I looked between the both of them before smiling and nodding.

"Of course, if its us, nothing can stop us."

They both nodded and we all got up to leave. Me and Chanyeol said our goodbyes to Eunji before walking back to Woollim. We walked in comfortable silence and watched the cars go by, Chanyeol throwing in some stupid joke here and there to make me laugh.

We started approaching Woollim before he stopped and turned to me. I stopped walking as well and looked up to his eyes.

"Are you sure you want to do this? I don't want you to feel as though I'm forcing you to go or anything like that." He said, concern finally showing across his face.

I smiled. "Yup. Trust me, we're going to have a great time tomorrow." Chanyeol smiled before slinging his arm around me and walking into Woollim. We ran over our plan in low voices while walking down the halls, getting it ingrained into our minds, Chanyeol not forgetting to make me laugh at his stupid jokes once again. He has the power to make everything feel less stressful and fun which I love about him. I might have been a lot more stressed if it wasn't for Chanyeol.

"Oh, Jimin, hey!"

I looked up to see Woohyun and Sunggyu talking to each other in the hallway with something in their hands.

"Well, I'll take that as my cue. I'll see you tomorrow." Chanyeol said ruffling my hair and walking off to his dorm. I walked over to Woohyun and Sunggyu who were waiting for me. I walked over to them and started heading to our dorm together.

"How much do you hang out with that guy? I swear you're around him 24/7." Woohyun said while looking in the direction Chanyeol walked off. I rolled my eyes, knowing I should of expected this from Woohyun.

"Will you stop being a drama queen. Is there a rule on how long I can hang out with someone?"

"Yes, at least with that guy."

"What do you have against him."

"Nothing. He just seems to capture your attention while I can barely get a few minutes with you."

"Jealous?" I said while smirking.

"You wish" He said while pushing me a little.

"By the way, what are you guys carrying?" 

"Oh, its our tuxedos for the dance tomorrow." Sunggyu said. My feet stopped walking and I started having a mini panic attack.

"Is everything alright?" Sunggy asked turning around confused.

All this time I've been worrying about being Nari that I totally forgot about having to dress up as Jimin as well. And not even Eunji or Chanyeol seemed to remember either. Eunji said she would pick a dress for me and getting the wig and makeup and all that so she was too busy with me being Nari. Chanyeol was too occupied making sure that no one would figure out and being a "bodyguard." I guess everyone forgot that I still gotta be Jimin.

"Uh, yeah everything's fine." I said regaining my composture and walking along side Woohyun and Sunggyu again. Thankfully, they didn't question anything and we kept heading to the dorm.

"So who are you going with Jimin?" Woohyun asked me.

"Oh, me, no one." I said distractedly, my mind focusing on getting a suit.

"What? What do you mean no one. You're going alone?" Woohyun questioned in disbelief.

"Yeah, no one interested me." I lied.

"Well, someone's picky are they." Woohyun said while side-eyeing me.

"Yeah, whatever." I opened the door after reaching the dorm and went straight to my bed. I grabbed my wallet and took it out to check how much money I have. And to my displeasure, I only had 80 won. *Ugh, this won't be enough for a suit. Well I'll get the crappiest suit I can find.*

I put my wallet in my pocket and started heading out again.

"Your leaving? You just got here." Woohyun asked when he saw me heading to the door again.

"Yeah, I just remembered I forgot something. I'll be back." I said walking out before he could ask any further.

I started heading back the way I came, thinking of what places sell cheap tuxedos around Woollim. *I could of sworn there was a suit place near the place me and unnnie went to get my clothes for Woollim.* I was so immersed in my thoughts that I didn't realize someone was beside me.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Oh my god! Jesus, can you stop popping out of no where all the time! You're going to give someone a heart attack one day you know! Creep."

 Myungsoo laughed and continued following out of Woollim, to which I eyed him suspiciously.

"What are you even doing?" I asked.

"Getting a suit since someone is making me go to this stupid dance. Woohyun and Sunggyu just reminded me." He said looking across the street before crossing.

"Oh, well looks like its the both of us since someone is also making me go too." I said now following Myungsoo since he knew where he was going.

Myungsoo smirked before taking the lead. It was night but since it was the city, there was still many stores open, illuminating the dark skies with the lights coming from each store. After about 5 minutes, we reached a tux shop where we both entered. I looked around, not really sure on what I'm doing since I've never wore a suit before. The sizes were different and strange to me that I had no idea on what was my size. Plus, the prices of these suits weren't my favorite thing either.

After giving up on cluelessly browsing on my own, I went up to one of the store clerks and asked for help.

"Um, excuse me, can you help me find a suit that's my size and the least expensive you have." I said while scratching the back of my neck. The store clerk looked at me funny before getting a tape measure and chuckling.

"What, never got a tux before?"

"Would it be wierd if I said yes?" The clerk laughed before taking the tape measure around my waist, across my chest, the length of my arms and legs, and the length of my shoulders. He wrote down all the measurements on a piece of paper before putting the tape measure away.

"Hmm, you're a lot smaller than most guys but I'm sure we have something. I'll be right back." He said before walking into the back area. I decided to sit down and wait for him instead of standing. At the same time, Myungsoo came walking over to me, a suit already in his hand and done with.

"You got one already?"

"Yea, you haven't?"

"Well, I've never had to get a suit before."

Myungsoo sat down next to me and nodded. He pulled out his phone while I looked over to see the time, seeing as though it was getting pretty late.

"You know you don't have to wait for me, you can go back to the dorms since your done."

"It's fine, I'll just wait."

I was going to refuse but the clerk came out with a suit in his hand. "Here, this should fit you just perfectly. There's a dressing room over to your right."

I thanked him and took the suit to the dressing room and put it on, with much difficulty. After getting everything where it was supposed to be, I looked in the mirror to see how it looked. And I must say, I didn't look half bad. The suit did fit nicely and it made me feel even more of a guy then before. I smiled before taking the suit off and coming back out in my regular clothes.

"You're right, it does fit perfectly." I said to the clerk.

"Of course it did. Do you want to buy it?"

"Yeah, um, how much is it again?"

"150 won." My head started hurting.

"Uh, do you have anything that's less expensive?"

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid thats the cheapest one we have." I nodded my head before rubbing the creases between my eyebrows. I should've known. What was I thinking coming to a place like this with only 80 won.

"He'll take it."

I turned around to see Myungsoo taking the suit to the counter with the clerk. I stood their in shock while Myungsoo payed for the suit and headed back to me with my mouth open. He chuckled and grabbed my arm before pulling us out of the store and heading back to Woollim. After I finally realized what was going on, I turned to Myungsoo.

"Why did you do that!"

"Because I did."

"I can't take this! You already got my brother a lot of food a couple days ago. I can't make you buy this too! Before I know it, I'll owe you a mansion!"

Myungsoo chuckled at me flipping out, though I'm being completely serious. "Don't worry about it."

I pulled out my wallet and gave him all the money I had, the 80 won, and put it in his hand. "Here, I'll get the 70 won to you another day."

Myungsoo looked down at his hand before shaking his head and trying to hand it back to me. "I said it's fine. Keep your money."

Myungsoo has been acting real nice lately, which is creeping me out. Or maybe it's just the fact that he isn't bothering me with all the servant duties. But either way, I wasn't taking no for an answer. I shoved the money back into his hand and put his hand in his pocket. "No, you keep it. It's the least I can do after everything."

"But-"

"Keep it before I return the suit and not go to this dance." I said quickly. His mouth was still open but he eventually smiled and shut his mouth, keeping the money. We kept walking silently until we reached the dorm and I hung up my suit next to the other 6 that were already hanged up, Myungsoo following in my steps. I walked over to my bed and put my phone in its charger.

"So that's what you forgot."

I looked up to see Sunggyu staring at me with a smirk. I smiled and shook my head.

"Yeah." I chuckled. He shook his head before climbing into his bed and going to sleep. *Tomorrow's a big day. Please let everything work out or else this world will lose a Chanyeol.*