Chapter 40

You're who now?

Nari

I kept looking around the car, trying to find a way out. Unfortunately, the only way to get out of here was until the car came to a stop and the doors unlocked. My fingers were fiddling with each other and my leg was bouncing up and down. Usually, I'm one to keep calm in stressful situations but I can't say I've ever been forcibly abducted from the side of the street. Well, you experience something new every day.

20 minutes later, the car pulled up to a gate, opening a second later. Instantly, I recognized where I was, my nerves settling somewhat. The car drived up the long driveway before slowing down, stopping in front of the fountain. Out of the window, I saw some maids and butlers waiting in front of the grand house.

One of the butlers came up to the car and pulled the door open, motioning for me to come out. Hesitantly, I stepped out of the van, standing there awkwardly. They were all just staring at me like they were waiting for my arrival. Clearing my throat, I stepped foward, inching my way closer to the house. Correction: mansion.

"Please follow me." The butler from last time I met him said.

Not wanting to cause a disruptance, I followed him up the path and stairs to the front doors. He opened the door and motioned for me to go inside while holding the door. I bowed awkardly and made my way in, not used to this type of treatment. It's as if I'm someone with importance or that of royalty which is the complete opposite back where I live. There, I might as well be called a street rat.

When I stepped inside, I was greeted by a male who gave off a sense of authority yet welcoming feeling. He walked up and approached me seeing as though I was just standing there awkwardly.

"Hello, you must be Jimin. Do you remember me?"

"You're Myungsoo's dad?"

He gave off a smile that was chillingly similar to Myungsoo's. "Yes, I am. It's nice to formally meet you." He said while bowing.

I bowed in return. "It's nice to meet you too."

"So I'm guessing you're wondering why I brought you here."

"Just a little bit."

"Well, I'm not sure if Myungsoo told you anything, but lately he hasn't been showing his face around here often. It's been taking a toll on me and my wife, especially when he declines all of our calls. Moonsoo had told us about his visit with you and how he seemed really close with you. So, I figured you could help me to get him to come here."

"Wait, so let me get this straight. You kidnapped me off the side of the street in order to get Myungsoo to come here?"

"Well, I wouldn't call it kidnapping."

I stared blankly at him for a couple of seconds. "Then what would you call it?"

"How 'bout a lift to a pace you've been to before by one of my workers."

"Sooo, you kidnapped me."

He let out a good hearted laugh and rested his hand on my shoulder. "You're a funny guy. But please understand that me and my wife just need to see him okay. Based on what Moonsoo told me, if you're here than he'll come."

"I wouldn't get your hopes up. You might be waiting a long time. He probably won't even realize how long I've been gone."

"You can call him, no?"

"Well your son has my phone so not at the moment."

"Ah, don't worry. He'll come around eventually." He said while walking back into the other room.

"Wait, what am I supposed to do?"

"You can do whatever you'd like to until Myungsoo comes. I'll call Moonsoo down to keep you company if you'd like."

"Ah it's alrig-"

"Moonsoo! Come down would you!"

"Okay then." I mumbled to myself.

A couple of seconds later, Moonsoo's figure came walking down the spiralling stairs, coming up to greet me.

"Ah, Jimin. It's you again! What's up?"

"Oh, nothing much."

"Moonsoo, I'd like you to keep Jimin here company for awhile. Could you do that?"

"Sure."

"Great. Now, I'll be in my office if you boys need anything."

Mr.Kim walked up the spiral stairs and disappeared behind the wall. I turned back and saw a smiling Moonsoo.

"Come, we can go in my room."

I followed him and up and down the halls, reaching his room. I noticed the new door in place of the broken one I remember, chuckling at the memory. When I walked inside, it was the same as I remembered. Moonsoo motioned for me to sit on his bed as I looked around once more.

"So what brings you here?" He asked sitting down next to me.

"Your dad."

"My dad? Why?"

"Apparently he thinks if I'm here, Myungsoo's gonna come running back here as well."

"He's probably right."

"What makes you think that?"

"Well, I mean he did break down my door when he was outside the room."

We both started laughing. "Yeah, but he doesn't even know I'm here."

"So how did you get here?"

"I'd have to thank your dad again for that one."

"He picked you up?"

"Close. More like forced me into a van against my will."

"Ah, sorry about that."

"It's fine. I guess."

"So how's Myungsoo?"

"Oh you know, how he usually is, I assume. I'm not really sure how he acts around here though."

"Sarcastic, annoying, bossy."

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Of course he is. So if you think Myung's not gonna be here soon, wanna watch a movie?"

"NO!" Moonsoo raised an eyebrow in confusement while I cleared my throat. "I-I mean, I've just been watching a lot of movies lately. Can we do something else?"

"Alright, ooh, we have a pool. Wanna go for a swim?"

"Uh, not really."

"Whyy, it's heated."

"B-because I don't want to get wet." Or reveal my true identity.

"Fine, what do you want to do then?"

"Um, do you have any food? I didn't eat yet today."

"Sure."

We both headed back to the kitchen and looked for an item to cook. While deciding what to make, maids and butlers were scurring around trying to help us at any given moment. When we decided to eat chicken cutlets, they completely took over, taking the food out of my hand and ushering me out of the kitchen. I mean I wasn't complaining but it felt very weird having someone catering to my every need. At least every ten minutes, a maid came over and asked if I needed anything while the others were already cooking food for us. It was just different.

In the meantime, me and Moonsoo continued talking to each other and I got to know him more better. He also told some stories of when he was younger with Myungsoo and how he'd all the time, not suprising me. They might bicker back and forth a lot, but it's clear that Moonsoo really admires his brother and enjoys spending time with him. I saw a bit of myself in him, always wanting to be with Jimin and just having fun with our never ending games of tag and hide and seek. We were also more alike than I first realized because somewhere along the way, things took a turn for the worse.

"So, what exactly happened?" I asked noticing his facial expressions.

"I mean nothing horrible but as we got older, the less I saw of Myungsoo. He and my dad got into many fights and he just started appearing less and less around the house. Most of the time, he was with infinite but sometimes he would just be out somewhere by himself. And when he did come back, the fighting would resume where it left off."

"Why were they fighting?"

"My dad runs a company and he wants Myungsoo to take over when he gets older but he never found any interest in it, angering my dad. He'd try and shape Myungsoo into what he wanted but Myung wasn't having any of it. The thing is, they're both stubborn as could be and have a hard time working things out. Myungsoo refuses to spend anytime with him and when he got accepted into Woollim, it was a dream come true because he could stay at school all the time. And you're probably thinking my dad is a jerk but he just wants what's best for him. He thinks he'll be happy if he runs it but, like I said, he's stubborn and can't seem to understand that Myungsoo has different interests than the company."

"When was the last time Myunsoo came home?"

"The day you came. First time I saw him in a while."

"And what about before that?"

"Oh I don't know, a couple of months."

"What!"

Moonsoo laughed but it was more of a bittersweet laugh. "Yeah, he's become more of stranger around here." His eyes faltered to the ground.

I had to soak in this new piece of information. The missing pieces of the puzzle were finally put into place. How he doesn't go back to his house, why he doesn't talk about his family all that much either, his cold side, it all makes sense now. Even though Myungsoo has more than enough money to get what he wants, he's had his fair share of troubles. But in all honesty, I think he needs to work things out because whether he notices it or not, he hurting them too. The longing look in Moonsoo's eyes is enough to tell me that much. He should spend more time with them and stop pushing them away because its not doing any good.

"Don't tell him I told you any of this, ok?"

I looked over to Moonsoo and nodded my head. "Ok."

"Its just- he can- yeah, thanks."

"No problem."

"Gentlemen, your food is ready." One of the maids said coming up to us. We got up from the couch and I took a seat in the chair at the dining room table. My jaw dropped open at the food in front of me. The smell alone was enough to make my mouth water but the presentation of this dish looked like it came from a five-star restaurant. Taking the fork and knife, I cut a piece off and placed it in my mouth, my eyes closing in satisfaction because the taste was too delicious. Man, if I had this everyday, I don't think I'd ever complain about anything ever again. I could get used to this.

"You like it?" Moonsoo asked from across the table.

"This is the best piece of chicken I've had in my entire life."

Moonsoo chuckled. "Then you should taste it when my mom cooks it. I'm telling you, that's where its at."

"Really, because this is pretty damn good if you ask me." I said shoving another piece of chicken into my mouth.

"Well, I may be a little biased."

I laughed. "I'm sure it's good."

Me and Moonsoo chatted away and ate our food for a couple of hours, though it didn't feel like it. He was the type of person you could talk to for hours and not get bored. Moving away from the dining room, we headed back into the living room where Moonsoo put on a videogame for us to play. We ended up playing Mario Kart, which I wasn't very good at compared to Moonsoo. I kept getting in the 4th, 5th, and 6th places while Moonsoo was always 1st. Plus, Moonsoo liked to blast me with turtle shells everytime he passed me much to my displeasure.

Eventually, I gave up because I wasn't improving and settled on just watching him play different games. Taking the blanket that was next to me, I wrapped it around my body and got into a comfortable position, curling up into a little ball. As I was watching him, my eyes started to feel heavy. I blame the food for making me sleepy but I decided to shut my eyes for a few minutes. Moonsoo didn't seem to notice since there was still explosions coming from the television. Taking this opportunity, I started drifting into a light sleep.

However, it wasn't that long of a nap. It was around a half-hour later when I woke up due to different voices throughout the house. Still tired, I lazily looked up while staying comfortable wrapped up in a small ball. I noticed Moonsoo was gone and the game on the screen was paused. Confused, I looked back around and found the source of the voices. Some maids were all surrounding something in a circle that I couldn't see. They were saying something but I was too tired to make out any of it.

In the next few seconds, a figure emerged from the huddle of maids and looked around frantically. I squinted my eyes, hoping it would help me see better but it didn't. 

"Moonsoo?" I said with a yawn escaping my mouth.

The guy turned his head in my direction and started running up to me. As he got closer, I was able to distinguish his features before coming to the realization-

"Myungsoo?"

He tightly wrapped his arms around me, panting heavily. I couldn't return the gesture since he was squeezing further into my ball form.

"I can't-how could you do...don't do that again."

"Do what?"

"Do you know how worried I was! You didn't come back early like you said and you didn't have your phone a-and, and I freaking looked everywhere around Woollim! I thought you got killed or something! And your sleeping here!"

"Techinally, I didn't choose to come here, I was taken here. Plus, who's fault is it that I didn't have my phone because I know it's not mine." I replied sarcastically with yet another yawn. 

Myungsoo didn't bother replying and scooped me off the couch effortlessly, suprising me. He wasted no time and started walking back where he came from.

"What are you- where are you going?"

"We're going back to Woollim."

"Wait, but we-"

"Just fall back asleep."

I scoffed, feeling very much offended. And throughout all this, he still has the nerve to smirk. I swear, this guy.

"Hyung!"

Myungsoo froze and turned around while Moonsoo ran up to us. "What is it Moonsoo?"

"Please don't go. Can't you just stay?"

"Moonsoo, I wish I-"

"Myungsoo, just stay here." I said cutting him off.

"We can't."

"Yes, we can. Put me down."

Myungsoo's grip grew tighter. "No, you'll run off."

"I promise I won't."

"No,"Myungsoo said, turning to Moonsoo after, "I'm sorry Moonsoo. I call you later okay." Myungsoo started heading to the door once more.

"Kim. Myung. Soo. You put me down. Now." I said sternly, looking straight into his eyes. To be honest, I was enjoying not walking around and having someone carry me but he can't keep running away from this situation. 

Hesitantly, Myungsoo placed me down on the ground but still kept a firm grip on my arm to make sure I really wouldn't run off. I was suprised he actually listened to me, catching me off guard. But I still kept up with the authoritive act.

"Look, I think you should talk things over with-"

"Myungsoo."

Seeing Myungsoo's face harden, I turned around and saw Myungsoo's dad standing there. His face showed longing and pain, the signs of a hurting father.

"Son, please. Can we talk?"

"Pff, talk. Like you ever listened to what I had to say. I'm not wasting my time."

"Myungsoo, you're already here. Just stay."

"I'm only here because you kidnapped my friend!"

"I didn't kidnap- look, please just stay."

"Like I said, I'm not wasting my time." Myungsoo turned around and tried pullng me along with him but I stood my ground. My feet were planted in the ground and were not moving anytime soon.

Myungsoo looked back around toward me with eyes throwing daggers at me if they could. "Jimin, let's go."

"No."

"Jimin." Myungsoo spoke through clenched teeth.

"Mr.Kim, can you give us a moment?" I said turning to Myungsoo's dad. He seemed confused but walked into a different room.

"Jimin, this isn't the time to mess around with me. Let's go." He said pulling me making me stumble.

"No, Myungsoo. You need to talk to him."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do Myungsoo. You're family is hurting because of this."

"What do you mean?"

"Can't you see? Myungsoo, they miss you. All of them. You just hurting them by pushing them away."

He let the words sink in but quickly shook his head. "I'm not speaking to him."

"You have to."

"No, I don't! He doesn't care what happens to me. All he wants is for me to be the type of son he thinks is fit to run the stupid company."

"But he does care about you. He just wants what's best for you."

"By completely disregarding how I feel. Yeah, okay."

"I'm not saying that the way he's going about it is right but he does care about you."

"Bull. Jimin, enough. Let's go."

This time I yanked Myungsoo's arm and pulled him to me. I gripped his shirt at the collar and pulled him close so that his face was only a couple of inches away from mine. Myungsoo's eye widened but I kept my stong gaze. 

"Listen here Myungsoo, you're going to go and speak to your father in there and work things out with him. Whether you believe it or not, he loves you and cares about you just like any other father. You can't keep pushing him away. You have a brother who loves to spend time with you, and a mom and dad who love and worry about you everyday, something I'm not lucky enough to say anymore." Myungsoo's face dropped but I continued on. "They are your family, the people who should mean the most to you. Do you know how much it probably hurts them when you leave, giving them no chance to even say 'Goodbye, love you. Be safe.' You and your dad may have had your differences but now he's willing to work through them. And your just going to walk away again?"

I let go of Myungsoo's shirt and backed away, his own grip loose on me. I sighed and looked to the room where his father went to. "I'm not asking you to go in there and act like nothing ever happened and be all happy with rainbows sprouting out between you two. I'm just asking you give him a chance because it will only eat you up if something were to happen."

I sighed and looked up, meeting Myungsoo's gaze. He was staring right at me and I pleaded to him with my eyes. "Please."

"....Okay." His voice was barely above a whisper. He took a deep breath and walked into the room his father had walked into before. I let out a shaky breath that I didn't know I was holding and walked back into the living room. Sitting on the couch anxiously, Moonsoo looked up at me expectantly.

"Well, he's talking to him." I said sitting down next to him.

"R-Really?"

"Yeah."

"Wow, I can't even remember the last time they actually had a normal conversation that didn't involve yelling at each other."

"Well hopefully things don't turn out that way."

"What superpowers do you posses. Can you control minds because I couldn't even get him to speak to him."

I chuckled a bit and played with my fingers. "Not sure. Maybe I can."

We sat there on the couch for about two hours. The house was eerily quiet, the only sound coming from the clock ticking away the seconds. The whole time, I kept small talk with Moonsoo but my mind was racing in thoughts. Was things working out finally? Did I just make things worse than they already were? What if Myungsoo was right? Are they even talking because it's awfully quiet.

A few more minutes later, Myungsoo came walking back into the room. My heart rate quickened as anxiety started to fill into my body. ".....So?"

Myungsoo looked at my worried face before smiling a bit. "Not perfect.....but better."

A sigh of relief exited from me while Moonsoo jumped up and down happily. "So does this mean your staying?" He asked.

Myungsoo ruffled his hair, making the younger giggle. "I guess."

I smiled at the two talking to each other. Getting up, I grabbed my things and heading toward the door to start my journey back to Woollim. It was already getting late and I figured Myungsoo should spend time with his family just like the rest of infinite were doing right now.

As I was inching closer to the door, my feet stopped in their tracks.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Back to Woollim." I said to Myungsoo.

"Sorry," he said pulling me against him, "but you're not going anywhere."

"You should spend time with your family and focus on them."

"You can stay Jimin! There's more than enough rooms here." Moonsoo said still jumping.

"Really, you guys should just-"

"It's settled then. You'll stay the night." Myungsoo said, smirking.

I sighed but winded up laughing in the end. "Alright."

"Why don't you head off to bed there kiddo." Myungsoo said to Moonsoo who was yawning.

"Fine, but tomorrow you have to spend time with me, okay?"

"I promise."

Moonsoo fled upstairs while we both watched him. I got out of his grasp and headed back to the living room to set up my make shift bed. I already had the blanket, so all I needed was a pillow. Taking one from the small chair, I put it on the couch and started spreading out the blanket.

Myungsoo watched my every movement with an arched eyebrow. "What are you doing?"

"Making my bed."

"You're not sleeping here."

"Then where am I supposed to sleep."

"My room. Let's go." He said turning around. I don't know why but I felt my face get hot. Shaking my head, I cleared my throat and spoke up.

"Don't you have a guest room?"

"Uh, there all taken."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "By who?"

"The maids." Oh, I guess that makes sense.

"Wait, but Moonsoo said that there was more- YAA!"

"Alrighty, that's enough talking from you." Myungsoo said while throwing me over his shoulder.

"Myungsoo you let me down this instant!"

"Sorry, what was that? I couldn't here you." Sarcasm laced throughout his voice.

"Myung. Soo. Put. Me. Down."

"Ji. Min. Do you ever stop talking?"

"Ugh, I give up. You're impossible."

"Why thank you."

"It wasn't a compliment." I said through my clenched teeth.

In the next moment, Myungsoo opened his door to his room, closing it after we entered. The lights were off and the room looked untouched, as if no one lived in this room. It made me feel better that hopefully, this room will actually start to look lived in. However, snapping me out of my thoughts, Myungsoo tossed me onto his bed like a rag doll. I went to go smack him but he already jumped onto the other side and grabbed me, closing his eyes, ready to go to sleep.

"You have a habit of grabbing things while sleeping you know that?"

"Uh huh." He said grumbling, pulling me closer.

I flicked his forehead making him open his eyes, lightly glaring at me. "Night." I said closing my eyes.

"Night."

A few seconds passed by before he spoke up again. "Jimin?"

I kept my eyes closed and mumbled. "What?"

"Thank you."

Unconsciously, I smiled. "It's nothing."

I was pulled back into my dream land.

 

 

 

 

Longer update! I hope you guys like the chapter! <3