Chapter 28

You're who now?

Nari

I was on the dance floor with Chanyeol, dancing to a party song with the rest of the students. Infinite and anyone else I knew wasn't in sight so I could relax and enjoy the dance more. And I must say, I was really enjoying being myself again. Having to pretend to be someone your not everday is tiring and takes a toll on you after a while. Knowing I could just be myself made me that much happier. I hate to admit that Chanyeol was right about this whole thing but, I can't deny I'm actually enjoying this.

"I didn't know you were good at dancing." 

I smiled and looked back at the giant. "You're not so bad yourself there tree." Chanyeol smiled while we danced together in the song. He was actually really good at dancing, like idol status. He was definitely better than I was, that was for sure and before I knew it a crowd had started to surround us, cheering us on. I was too focused on dancing and trying to keep up with Chanyeol that I hadn't noticed  and Chanyeol didn't seem to notice either. When the song was coming to an end, Chanyeol spun me around and lowered me so that I was hanging in his arms. Everyone started clapping and cheering, snapping me back into reality.

Chanyeol picked me back up while my face went red from everyone looking at us. I slilently tugged on Chanyeol's arm, telling him I wanted to get out of this situation and avoid all the eyes. He looked down at me and nodded and we walked off the dance floor while others went back to dancing to the next song.

We went over to the my favorite place, the food buffet, and started picking some food from the tables. Me being me, I practically put everything that I saw on my plate since I knew I would probably never be able to taste any of these foods again.

"You sure you gonna eat all that?" Chanyeol asked while laughing at the mountain that kept growing on my plate.

"Don't doubt my stomach." I said still focusing on putting more food. I was going to keep going when Chanyeol pulled me away and led us to a table before I took all the food.

When we sat down, I didn't hesitate to dig in. All these new and delicious flavors were entering my mouth, I felt like I was in heaven. I didn't mind the funny stares Chanyeol was giving me. Right now, food was the only thing that mattered to me.

"Slow down before you choke."

"I'm fine." I said with my mouth full. Chanyeol could only laugh and we started having a eating contest on who could eat the most, the fastest. I won, of course, not that Chanyeol stood a chance. But after stuffing my face with food, I just talked with Chanyeol and laughed.

"So are you having fun?"

I smiled at him. "Of course I am, who knew that this is what I've been missing out on all my life."

Chanyeol chuckled and got up from the table. He stood in front of me and put his hand out. I took it slightly confused but got up anyway.

"I wanna show you my favorite part of this place now." I nodded and followed Chanyeol's lead to where ever he was taking me.

After climbing up the stairs and roaming through the building, we finally reached a balcony that overlooked the garden outside. The were other student out in the garden and roaming the halls here as well. The garden also had lights throughout, illuminating different colors in the night sky. Not to mention the fountain in the middle was a nice added detail.

"Wow, it's so beautiful." I stated in awe. "How did you know about this place?"

"We had our dance here once before. The person I was going with last time wasn't too thrilling so I wondered around the place by myself. Happen to come across this place."

I nodded my head and looked out to the garden again. I went up to the edge and rested my arm on the railing, Chanyeol following next to me.

"So tell me about yourself."

I looked to Chanyeol in confusement. "Uh, you already know me Yeol."

"No, the real you. I want to know about Nari." He said showing his goofy smile. I chuckled and looked back out to the garden.

"There's really not much to know."

"Oh come on, not one?"

"Well, let's see. I like sports, especially basketball, track, and badminton. I'm convinced that food will end up being my husband in the future. I love Jimin more than myself and I like movies. Just figured that one out recently since I didn't have a TV for so long."

Chanyeol chuckled at my response. "What's your favorite movie?"

"The titanic." I said, remembering stumbling upon it one day at the dorms. Not gonna lie. I teared up a bit at the end. Curse that handsome Jack.

"Really, didn't know you were a sap for the romance movies, huh."

"I don't like romance movies. Just, the titanic is on a whole different level. You can't compare it to any other romance movie."

"True, it's definitely a classic." Chanyeol said. "So what types of movies do you like?"

"Action and Comedy." I said remembering the movie me and Dongwoo were watching earlier.

"Now that sounds more like the Nari I know." Chanyeol chuckled.

I narrowed my eyes. "I thought you wanted to know about me."

"Well that just seems like something you would say." I rolled my eyes. "So what was your previous school like?" He continued.

"Just your typical school. I was really only friends with Eunji so I didn't speak to many people. After my parents death, I kinda shut everyone out except for Eunji. No one seemed to care anyway. I lived the past few years working my of in school so I could get into a good school, spent hours after school at my job to make some money, and came home to take care of Jimin. That's how I lived my life everyday until recently. After getting rejected by the other all girls schools my aunt came up with the brilliant idea to pretend to be a you know what and yea, you know the rest of the story." I said feeling as though I didn't need to explain the rest.

Chanyeol stayed quiet and wasn't looking at me. I started regretting saying all that. All he asked was how my other school was like but I couldn't stop rambling. I coughed, trying to remove any akwardness when Chanyeol spoke up.

"You know, I really admire you." I looked to Chanyeol, who still wasn't looking at me. "I don't think I'd be able to handle everything you had to go through and be brave enough to pretend to be a.. you know. You make it look so easy." He paused to look at me and smile. "I'm glad I met you Park Nari and just know I'll always be there for you when you need it. You don't have to keep it all to yourself anymore."

I felt touched by his sweet words and couldn't speak. Instead, I went up to him and hugged him to which he hugged me back. "Thank you." He didn't say anything but continued to keep me in his embrace. We stood like that for awhile until my phone had to ruin the moment.

I pulled away and looked down at my phone to see a text from Eunji.

From: Eunji

Hey. Just letting you know that everything seems to be going good. Woohyun only asked where you were once and the rest haven't said much. Just keeping you updated.

I sighed in relief and sent her a quick text to see how she was doing with Myungsoo.

To: Eunji

Good. How is your date with Myungsoo going ;)

From: Eunji

How did I forget to mention him. Seriously, he hardly talks to me and when he does he asks where you are. And he kept asking every 5 minutes its like he's obsessed with you. If I wasn't his date you would have a big problem missy.

I laughed at Eunji's text. Though thank god she did go with him. Otherwise, I'd have to look out for Myungsoo.

To: Eunji

Hey you wanted to go with him.

From:Eunji

I didn't expect this. You can keep him then if this is how he is. Seriously, like, I think he might be gay.

I burst out laughing even harder than before, gaining a curious stare from Chanyeol.

To: Eunji

Well, keep trying maybe he'll open up eventually. Gtg. Text me if they really start to get suspicious.

I put my phone away and looked up to Chanyeol who was looking at me.

"Everything okay?"

"Yup."

"Shall we dance some more then?"

I nodded my head and followed Chanyeol back to the dance room. When we got there a slow song was on and I immediately regretted saying yes. I tried to go back but Chanyeol looked more than thrilled that it was a slow song. He tightened his grip on my arm and dragged me to the dance floor against my will. Once we reached the dance floor, I stood there akwardly not knowing what to do. I could dance to up beat songs but slow songs made me nervous.

Chanyeol started to put his hands around my waist while I slowly put my arms on his shoulders. Chanyeol's height isn't necessarily making things easier for me because I had to stretch my arms as far as I could. To make it worse, I had the counting all off and I kept stepping on Chanyeol's feet.

"Maybe we should just stop before I make a fool out of myself."

"Nonsense, here just follow my lead." 

Chanyeol started counted off and we swayed left to right. I was getting used to the rythm but it still felt off to me.

"I still don't think I'm doing it right."

Chanyeol shook his head and chuckled. "Maybe because you're like a foot away from me." 

My cheeks pinked and I looked away while Chanyeol laughed at me, making me even more embarassed. But before I could say anything Chanyeol pulled me right up to his chest and readjusted his hands. My face got more red if thats even possible.

Chanyeol smiled in content. "That's better."

We started moving to the music again and it was easier to dance but I couldn't help but be embarassed. I mean who wouldn't when you're this close to someone so handsome.

"So what else don't I know about you" He started.

I rolled my eyes. "This again."

"What? You don't like it?"

I shook my head and chuckled. "What do you possibly want to know this time?"

"Hmmmm, what's your favorite color?"

"Seriously?"

"As serious as I'll ever be." He grinned showing off his dimples.

"Blue."

"What is your favorite food?"

"That is simply a question I cannot answer. Too many to good foods out there."

"Did you ever have a boyfriend?"

My eyes narrowed at his while he just smiled like an idiot. "Why do you wanna know huh?"

"I just want to know if Nari's got some skills in the dating game." He said innocently.

"Well, um, yeah. I had a few." I lied.

"Really?" I nodded my head and looked away from his questioning gaze. "What were their names?"

"Uh, just umm." I don't know why I couldn't just come up with two or three guy names but my mind was blanking out. The longer I tried to think, the more Chanyeol's grin grew making me embarassed all over again.

"Okay! I never had one, there you happy!" I said looking away from his face.

"Very happy indeed." He said chuckling. I was about to defend myself when the dj turned the slow song into a faster one and started speaking into the mic.

"Alright all you couples out there get ready. I'm sure all of you know how this one song goes."

Well I didn't know how the song went but judging by Chanyeol's face he knew. And it looked like he wanted to get off the dance floor.

"We should probably leave now." He said getting ready to drag me. I was confused since he wanted to dance some more.

"Why? How does the dance go?"

 But before he could answer me, the dj was back on the mic again.

"Alright everybody now switch partners and keep the dance going!!"

I felt a hand grab mine and saw some other girl grab Chanyeol's. My eyes widened and the last thing I saw was Chanyeol being dragged in the other direction before i spun around. This random guy who grabbed me was dancing and spinning me around like a rag doll and I tried to follow but I didn't know the dance. I tried to look on what everyone else was doing and tried to copy their movement but it wasn't easy. Plus everyone kept bumping into each other because of the upbeat tempo.

"Alright everyone, switch it up!"

And the next thing I knew, the guy left my hold for another girl next to us while another guy grabbed my hand and the whole thing started over again. I could see why Chanyeol wanted to leave the dance floor. I don't even know where he is right now and he's probably being dragged around like I am.

I looked to my new partner and my face turned pale. I immediately put my head down and tried to keep up with the stupid dance. I was praying the dj would just say switch again.

"Do you not know the dance?"

I looked up for a split second to see Woohyun smiling at me while swinging me around. I quickly nodded my head no and looked down again. *Of all the people, why did it have to be him.*

"Here, just follow me." He brought me closer to him and started placing my feet in the right places and showed me the rythm. And I must say through all of his explaining he seemed like an expert. Probably even better than Chanyeol. Though, I still tried to hide my red face. Plus, my heart beating like a maniac wasn't helping.

Woohyun lifted my chin up and smiled at me. "It'll be easier if you don't look down." I gave him a small smile and avoided his eyes. *Please, don't recognize me, pleaseee.*

"My name's Woohyun." He said, his eyes still fixed on mine. *I know that.*

"Nice to meet you" I said still focusing on the dancing. To be honest, I just wish he wouldn't talk to me like the other guy and would just shut up for once. Though that seemed to be the last thing on his mind. Woohyun pulled me even closer to his chest and stared at me like I was the only one in the room.

"You're not going to tell me your name?" 

My cheeks were pink and my mind was completely scattered. I didn't know what to do. *Ugh Chanyeol you promised me something like this wouldn't happen.* Though the thought of Chanyeol reminded me of something I said to him that would be perfect for this situation.

"Alright one more switch everybody!"

I tried to get away from Woohyun's embrace but he tightened his grip and showed no intention of letting go.

"I didn't get your name." He said pulling my face to look at his. And right now, my face was way too close to his for comfort.

While he was staring at me, I felt his grip loosen and I quickly got out of his grasp. I turned around and gave him a small smile.

"I'll let you know if I see you again!" I said with a wink before I got pulled by another random guy. And thank god, I didn't know him.

But I must thank Woohyun because I did learn the dance better and wasn't completely embarassing myself infront of this guy. We kept dancing around and my eyes kept looking around for two things: Chanyeol and any other infinite member. Right now, I wasn't seeing any. After a couple of minutes of dancing with the guy, the music slowed down and the song changed. I bid goodbye to the guy and went off of the dance floor. I was back at square one again, looking for Chanyeol. 

I pulled out my phone and texted Chanyeol on where he was. And apparently me and Chanyeol got pretty separated because he was on the other side of the room. I texted him to wait where he was while I went to him. I put my phone away and headed back through the crowd of people to find my missing Chanyeol.

The song that was on now was another party song so everyone was jumping up and down, making it hard for me to get through the crowd. I kept getting pushed by everyone and shoved around like a play toy. One guy bumped into me hard making me lose my balance. I would have been able to recover if someone else didn't step on my dress.

"!" I put my hands out and closed my eyes waiting for my face to hit the ground. But before I could experience that, I felt an arm wrap around my waist.

I open my eyes and looked up at who catched me and I wish he would of let me fall.

Why him?

What did I do to deserve this?

He lifted me up slowly with his grip on me like iron. I looked down and adjusted my dress from being stepped on. Once he finally stood me up straight, I tried to get away quick, but he didn't let go.

I looked up to his face quickly. "Thank you." I quickly, with all my strength, freed myself from his grasp. I didn't spare Myungsoo another second and took off in the other direction.

I fought my way through the crowd and reached the other end of the room. It didn't take me long before to find Chanyeol since he was like the empire state building. I rushed over to him and grabbed his arm.

"Oh there you are, I was looking all over for you." He said with his smile. Though it was quickly washed off when he looked at my face. "Is something wrong? Did something happen?"

"You promised me nothing would happen! So why did I encounter both Woohyun AND Mungsoo before!!"

Chanyeol's jaw went slack and he couldn't wrack up any words. "D-did they recognize you?"

"I don't know. If I had to guess, I don't think so but ughhh I don't know!!!" I dragged my palm over my face. I was starting to freak out and I just wanted to go home.

"I'm sorry, I tried to get us off the dance floor..." Chanyeol said looking very guilty. I looked up to him and sighed.

"It's okay, it's not your fault. If anything, I'm blaming that stupid dj for putting on that song." Before Chanyeol could say something, my phone beeped again.

From: Eunji

Hey, I think infinite is starting to get suspicious. Hoya brought it up that he hasn't seen you in awhile and everyone is starting to wonder where you are. I don't know how long it is before thay actually start looking for you. Especially Myungsoo. Freaking guy won't stop asking.

My head started hurting and I rubbed the creases between my eyebrows. I quickly replied to Eunji saying to meet me at the bathroom again in the next 5 minutes.

"I'm sorry Chanyeol, but I think I have to go change again." I said looking down and putting my phone away.

"It's okay, I had a great time. Thanks for doing this Nari." I looked up and smiled. I gave Chanyeol one last hug before I ran to the bathroom. I waited outside until I saw Eunji with her big bag running toward me.

"Hey, how's everything?"

"Could be going better." Eunji's eyes widened and looked worried. "Did something happen?"

"Let's talk about this inside after changing okay?"

She nodded her head and we both entered the bathroom. Eunji brought out the makeup removers and started to remove all the makeup on my face. She then went to my head and removed the wig and earrings. She went into her bag and pulled out my suit which I took and went into the bathroom stall. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled a sad smile.

"Well, it was fun while it lasted."

I took off my dress and heels and started to put the wrap around my chest again. I removed the necklace and bracelets that I was wearing and put on my tuxedo before cleaning up. After grabbing everything, I exited the stall and put everything back in the bag. Eunji looked at me with a slight pout.

"Did something happen."

I looked at myself in the mirror. I was no longer Nari anymore. I was back to being Jimin, the world's best actor. I chuckled to myself before replying.

"Well, yeah if running into Woohyun and Myungsoo counts as something."

Eunji gasped and looked shocked. "Okay, Woohyun maybe I can understand but how did you run into Myungsoo? I was practically with him the whole time!"

"I don't even know." I started growing nervous and I sat down feeling the anxiety building. I put my hands over my face.

"Oh god, what do I do Eunji? What if they recognized me and report me. What if they kick me out of Woollim? Jimin and I are basically done for. I'm so stupid, I should of never risked doing this, not when Jimin is on the line."

Eunji walked over and wrapped her arms around me, trying to calm me down. "Hey, it's gonna be alright, okay. I'm sure they didn't recognize you, They were probably stunned by your beauty. If you ask me, I think they're too dumb to realize anything."

I chuckled. Leave it to Eunji to know what to say.

"Let's get out of here before they start to wonder where I am now too, hm?"

I nodded my head and walked out of the bathroom. I separated from Eunji just like before except now I was Jimin once again. I walked down the halls and looked over at the sea of people on the dance floor again. Except now, I had no intention of doing anything. I just wanted to go home but they're was probably a half hour to hour left.

I sighed and started to walk down the stairs to the first floor. My mood had completely deflated because all I could do was worry now. I passed by a few people before I walked over to the food buffet once again to eat away all my worries. I kept stuffing my face and looked at all the delicious food. It helped me forget about things because the taste was so rich, it made me wanna cry because of how good it was.

"Ugh, why can't you actually be rich so I could marry you and live happily for the rest of my life."

"You want to marry a dessert?"

I choked on my food and looked to my left to Sunggyu laughing at me. He patted my back and I swallowed the food.

"Jeez, don't scare me like that." I said coughing a bit.

"Sorry. But where have you been, I haven't seen you all night?"

"Oh you know, just exploring. Mostly the food but, you know." Sunggyu chuckled and picked up a piece of food for his plate. He grabbed my arm and dragged me back to the rest of infinite, which I protested to. But he just said to 'stop being a loner' and refused to let me go. I swear infinite has got some problems with their grip. They don't let go for nothing.

Before I knew it, I was back to the people I had entered with. They all seemed to gather up again because they were all there. Dongwoo was the first to notice when I came back.

"Jimin! Where have you been! None of us have seen you in like forever!"

"Says he was off exploring the place." Sunggyu answered for me. I looked around them until my eyes met with Myungsoo's. I immediately looked away and tried to steer clear of him and Woohyun. But of course, Myungsoo being Myungsoo, he has to make everything difficult.

Myungsoo walked over to me and flicked my head, making me look up at him with a glare. "Where were you?"

"Like Sunggyu said, exploring the place."

"For practically the entire dance?"

"It wasn't like I had anyone to dance with. What else did you want me to do."

"You could of hanged out with me."

"No, you have Eunji. By the way, where is she?" I looked around and realized Eunji wasn't here.

"She went to get a drink." He replied.

"Have you been nice and attentive to her?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him. Based on what Eunji told me, that was a no. But I wanted to see what he would say.

"I hardly know here, you can't expect me to just talk to her like I've known her forever."

He had a point, but still he didn't try hard enough. And for that, I flicked his head back.

"YA, what was that for."

"You know what that was for." I looked out to the crowd and saw they were coming down to the last few songs of the night. I just stayed where I was while the rest of infinite went to the dance floor. I looked at them all and laughed when I saw Woohyun.

"What's with him?"

Myungsoo looked at Woohyun and chuckled a bit. "He's been looking for someone he met for quite awhile now. Didn't tell us who." 

I nodded and just watched them dance and have a good time. "You're not gonna go with them?"

Myungsoo shook his head and watched with me. I was gonna tell him to go when he grabbed my arm and started dragging me somewhere.

"YA, what do you think you're doing? Let go of me!"

"Just trust me. I wanna show you something."

"But-but what about Eunji?"

"She's probably off dancing."

I sighed for what seems like the 20th time tonight and just let Myungsoo drag me, having no more energy to refuse. Myungsoo had led me down a few halls before we came to two huge french doors that were open, leading out to the garden. I looked around to see how it looked from the ground than from above. I also turned my head around and looked up to see the balcony that I was on with Chanyeol before.

"You wanted to show me the garden?"

"Not that, in a couple of minutes." Myungsoo said looking at his watch. I stared at him confused but didn't bother questioning him. I went to the fountain and looked at the colors that lights gave off. Myungsoo came up next to me and reached into his pocket. He grabbed my hand and put a penny in it.

"They say if you make a wish here, it'll come true."

I looked at him with a small smile. "You believe in that?"

"No, but it doesn't hurt to." He said while looking at his penny. After a few seconds he flicked the penny into the fountain.

I looked at my penny and back to the fountain. *I wish that me and Jimin will live happily in the future together and won't have to struggle anymore.* I flicked the penny from my hand and watched it go in with a plop.

"What did you wish for?" I turned to Myungsoo and shook my head.

"I can't tell you or it won't come true." Myungsoo rolled his eyes."Well what did you wish for?" I countered.

"I ain't telling if you won't."

I shook my head. "Well will you at least tell me what it is we are doing ou-"

I got cut off by loud booms coming from the sky. I looked up and saw fireworks going off. The different colors and sizes of the explosions left me in awe. I was always fascinated with fireworks and remeber setting off some with Jimin when we were young.

"Wow."

I moved so I could get a better look since the fountain was blocking some of it but I can't seem to catch a break. My foot stumbled over each other and I almost fell in the fountain if Myungsoo hadn't grabbed my arm.

"Ya, pabo be careful." he said while pulling me up against him. I chuckled at myself because sometimes I can really be the worst clutz there is. Myungsoo started laughing to and we both just looked at each other, laughing.

I slowly stopped laughing and I just stared into his eyes. We both didn't say anything but we just stood there. His brown orbs just seem to captivate me everytime I stare at them too long. Myungsoo looked at me and at my facial features, before looking down at my lips. I unconsciously looked at his soft pink lips as well. He started leaning closer to me when-

BOOM!

I jumped, getting startled by the extra loud and huge fire work that went off. I looked at the sky to see the remaining lights from it before looking back at Myungsoo. I was still in his embrace, and very close to him. We both backed away akwardly and I looked the other way. My face felt extremely hot, my cheeks probably completely red, and my heart was beating so fast, I thought it might stop. I kept looking at the sky to act like I was watching the fireworks but nothing was happening now. Of course.

"Um, we should head back now. It's probably time to go." Myungsoo said.

"Uh, yeah. Let's go."

Myungsoo walked ahead of me, which I didn't mind at all. I just followed him back to the dance room to go back to Woollim, my mind wondering why my heart was beating so fast.

Another update! This one is now the longest one :) Hope you guys liked the chapter and thank you for the lovely comments and for subscribing. Thank you for reading!!!