Chapter 25

You're who now?

A double update! :)

 

Nari

I woke up early but not too early. It was the weekend so there was no classes. I picked my head up and saw that everyone was still sleeping as always. I got up and took a shower and brushed my teeth. After I got dressed, I went to the kitchen and made myself some breakfast. I sat down at the table and slowly ate my food since I was in no rush and I had nothing to do today. I pulled out my phone to see Eunji's texts. 

What do you mean?

What are you talking about?

Answer me woman!

Did you get him to say yes?

OMG YOU GOT HIM TO SAY YES DIDN'T YOU!!!

OMG YOU'RE THE BESTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCHHHH!!! I'LL MAKE IT UP TO YOU I PROMISE!!!!

p.s. stop falling asleep right after you text me. It's rude.

I chuckled at the texts and put my phone away. I didn't even have to tell her for her to know. I guess that's how close we really are. I continued eating until I heard footsteps enter the kitchen.

"Hey."

"Hey."

Woohyun sat down next to me and started to eat from my bowl too. Since it was still early and I just woke up, I let him while I kept eating too. We just ate in comfortable silence. It was probably the only time Woohyun would ever be this quiet again.

"I'm sorry."

I snapped my attention back to Woohyun while he looked down at my food and kept eating. "What for?"

"I know you didn't want me telling anyone about your house and what not and I just carelessly let it slip out of my mouth. If your angry at me, I understand."

I broke out into a smile at how considerate Woohyun is. Yeah, he can be annoying, never stops talking, and being a drama queen, but Woohyun is really a good friend and cares about my feelings. And I'd never thought he would be like that when I first bumped into him when I was running late to school.

"Woohyun, it's fine, really. I know you didn't mean to. We all make mistakes and for me to be mad at you for something small like this would be really childish of me. I'm not mad so don't worry about it."

He looked up to me and gave me a big smile. "You're such a good friend, you know that. Honestly, I've known infinite longer but I think I like you more than them." We both laughed and spent the morning just talking to each other. Woohyun got up and went to go get dressed while I just flipped through tv channels until he came back out. It was almost seven yet everyone else was still sleeping. Woohyun came down and sat right next to me before he got up again. I stared at him funny, wondering why he just sat down to get up.

"Wait, should we go now?"

"Huh?"

"Should we go to your house now since the devil is still asleep?" He whispered. I chuckled at his word usage before thinking. I wasn't planning on visiting Jimin today, but I guess since I talked to him yesterday Woohyun assumed I would. I was about to say yes until I remembered the devil is threatening me by no going to the dance with Eunji. And she already thinks she is so, I don't wanna end up telling she won't now.

"As much as I would like to, the devil is jepordizing my whole dance set up so I have no choice."

"With your friend right?"

"Yeah, and for some reason she wants to go with that jerk." Woohyun chuckled before sitting back down and watching tv. We sat there and watched tv until Myungsoo came strolling into the living room looking like a zombie. I looked at the time and saw that it was still pretty early, only a little passed seven. I looked back at him who just stared at me and Woohyun.

"I thought your a heavy sleeper. Why you up?" I asked.

"I guess I've gotten used to someone else's schedule." He said before going into the bathroom to get changed. I scoffed and grabbed my keys and phone and put it into my pocket. I also grabbed my jacket and put my shoes on while Woohyun stared at me.

"Where you going?"

"My house, coming?"

Woohyun looked back at the bathroom where Myungsoo was in. "I thought you wanted to wait for him to come."

"Exactly." I said while smirking. Woohyun lips curled up in a smile while he got his shoes on and all his stuff ready. Before leaving, I went up to the bathroom door where I heard the shower running and chuckled.

"Myungsoo, me and Woohyun are leaving to go to my house right now. I'm telling you so you can't say we left without you knowing. It's up to you now whether you come or not. Have a nice shower!" I said through the door before I ran out of the dorm, giggling with Woohyun.

Me and Woohyun slowed our pace and exited the school building laughing and talking with each other. We were reaching the end of the block when I heard footsteps and heavy panting behind us. I turned around and saw Myungsoo running toward us with his hair still wet and his t-shirt slightly damp from his body and hair.

"Wow he actually came." I said.

"I told you he would." Woohyun replied.

Myungsoo came walking up to us and gave us both a death glare before meeting eyes with me and coming closer to me. I instinctively took a step back in fear of getting punched. "You are going to regret doing that." He said with his eyes still boring into mine. But before I could do anything, Woohyun slung an arm around my shoulder and lightly ruffled Myungsoo's hair.

"Oh lighten up, you need the exercise" He said before pulling me and continue walking. Myungsoo came walking up next to me with displeasure all over his face. Me and Woohyun looked at each other before we started laughing uncontrollably.

"YAAA, IT'S NOT FUNNY!"

We continued walking to my house with Woohyun oddly leading the way.

"You remember the way to my house?"

"Of course I do, how can I forget?" He said while smiling at me. I was about to reply when Myungsoo beat me to it.

"How much further. We've been walking for 10 minutes now."

"Oh no, can't handle a little walking. You can go back to the dorms then." I said.

Myungsoo scoffed. "Please, I'm just worrying about your health. Don't want you fainting and having to carry you again."

It was my turn to scoff. I looked at Myungsoo and slapped his arm while he smirked. "YA, you try being hit in the head twice by paddles underwater." He started laughing while my face turned slightly red from embarassment. Woohyun just stood next to us in confusion. I looked up to Woohyun and chuckled lightly.

"It's a long story."

As we got closer to my house, I started to worry more. It's the same feeling I had when I saw Woohyun come into my house except now I know it's coming one way or another. I could see my house coming into view and I just hoped Myungsoo could be understanding like Woohyun. I mean he was respectful when he learned that my parents died. We reached my front yard and I stopped walking with Woohyun. Myungsoo kept walking but stopped when he looked back and saw me and Woohyun standing still. My heart sunk when I saw his expression change from his usual poker face to shock realizing this was it.

"You live here?" He asked pointing to my house.

I looked at my house, pratically falling apart. At least I didn't have to see Woohyun's expression upon realizing this is where I lived. He was probably shocked too. I looked down at the ground in shame. "Maybe we should just go back, I'm sure Sooyoung is still sleeping." I said while turning around and starting to head back. A hand grabbed mine softly and turned me around. I looked up to see Myungsoo staring at me, the shock gone replaced with a more welcoming feeling.

"No, I'm sure your brother would love to see you" He said while giving a small smile. I looked back at my house before sighing and nodding my head. I walked up to the front door and put my key into the lock, opening the door. Nothing much changed, not that it ever had. It was always the same sad house I would come home to everyday after working, each time a slap at the harsh reality of mine and Jimin's life. I walked in and saw spike was in his little bed which was a bunch of old clothes on the ground, sleeping. The house was silent so I figured Jimin was still sleeping. I looked back at Myungsoo and put my hands out at each side.

"Welcome to my house. Was it what you were expecting?" I said with my eyes slighlty glossy from tears that want to fall. Myungsoo looked at me with a sadden expression, probably feeling a little guitly.

"Nevermind," I said regaining my composture, "Sooyoung is probably still sleeping, so I'll go wake him up. You guys can sit on..." I looked back at the couch which was in worse condition than I remember it being in. It looked like it was about to collapse. "Uh, actually it probably be better to just stand." I said. I looked back to them while Woohyun gave me a small smile while Myungsoo's expression hadn't changed. I sighed and started heading upstairs with each step I take creaking throughout the house.

I reached Jimin's bedroom and opened the door to see his sleeping figure on the matress. I smiled and came up next to him. His eyebrows were creased together and had a distraught look on his face. I placed my fingers between his eyebrows and smoothed out the creases, his face relaxing. My smiled widened and I ran my fingers through his hair. After a couple minutes, I decided to wake him up. I shook him a few times before his eyes started to flutter open. He eyes fully opened and he looked back at me before smiling too.

"I didn't expect to see you so soon." He said while pulling me into a hug. After a couple of seconds, he let go and brushed through my hair. "How you've been?"

"Good. Everything's fine. How's your heart." I asked.

"You know, the usual" He replied with a smile. A frown appeared on my face because nothing's changed. I know it's stupid to think that it will just get better on its own but I can't help but just hope that one day it will be better. I feel like I'm going to this great school to fix everything yet Jimin is still in the same condition in the same crappy house every day.

Jimin narrowed his eyes before pushing the sides of my mouth upward. "Hey, I said I'm fine alright. Stop worrying, arasso?"

I nodded my head before sighing and remembering two people waiting downstairs. I slightly smiled and looked at Jimin. "You have two guests waiting downstairs for you."

He gave me a confused look before I pulled him up and started heading out of his bedroom. Before going down I whispered in his ear. "Keep in mind, I'm Jimin and you're Sooyoung." He nodded his head before I headed down the creaky stairs again with Jimin following right behind me. Woohyun and Myungsoo were still standing in the same spot and looked up at me and Jimin coming down. Jimin smiled and bowed slightly toward the both of them while they returned it.

"You remember Woohyun right" I said pointing to Woohyun who smiled and bowed once again.

"Ah, yes how could I forget. It's nice to see you again." Jimin said.

I smiled before continuing. "And this is..L." I said, just incase he wanted to keep it a secret again.

Jimin looked at Myungsoo before nodding. "It's nice to meet you L."

"Uh Myungsoo, you can call me Myungsoo." He stated.

Jimin smiled and bowed again. "It's nice to meet you Myungsoo." Myungsoo smiled and bowed back.

"Are you guys hungry? Did you boys eat anything?" Jimin asked.

"Oh we already ate." I replied.

"I didn't because of someone." Myungsoo said while looking at me. I rolled my eyes and waved him off. Jimin looked between the both of us before smiling and heading into the kitchen. "I'll see if we have anything."

I followed Jimin into the kitchen and looked into the fridge. It was pretty much empty, as usual. Except this time, there was hardly any food, just drinks. I looked at Jimin and saw he looked a little more skinner than usual. "How long has it been like this?" I asked him, my voice threatening to crack.

"What, just day or two it's nothing to worry about." He said. However, when he turned to me, I could see he lost weight and had bags around his eyes. I knew he was lieing and that it had to be more than a few days its been like this.

Tears were threatening to fall again. "Please, don't lie to me. How long has it been like this?" I asked again. Jimin face faltered and he heaved a big sigh.

"A little more than a week." He said quietly.

"More than a week!" I said louder than before. "Where's noona? Isn't she here?"

"She had a project to go to outside of the city. She won't be back for a couple of days." He said.

"Why didn't you tell me right away! I could of helped instead!" I said with a tear falling down my cheek.

"I didn't want you to worry. You've always been worrying about me and you have school to deal with. I'm older than you remember" He said trying to laugh it off. He came up and put his hands on my shoulder before lowering down to look at me. "Hey, look at me, I'm fine okay. I'm okay."

I slowly looked up to him with more a few more tears falling. "But you're not." He gave me a sadden expression. "I can't lose you too. I'll come back and start working again like before."

"No, you can't. You have to keep going, regardless of what going on here." He said in a stern voice.

"But-" I heard a picture frame fall over and looked back only to realize Woohyun and Myungsoo were still here. I quickly wiped away my tears while Woohyun picked up the picture frame of my parents and put it back on the table. He smiled slighlty before rubbing the back of his neck. "Sorry."

I laughed a little before replying. "It's fine, um, I'm sorry your just standing there. You said you're hungry right Myungsoo. Let me just get-"

"Stop."

I looked back to Myungsoo and gave him a confused look. "I'm not hungry it okay. Listen, me and Woohyun will be right back okay. Just stay here, we'll be back soon." I gave him an even more confused look while Woohyun looked at him confused as well. He didn't wait for me to say anything before dragging Woohyun out of the house with him. I stared at the door for a few more seconds before turning back to Jimin.

"Well, that's wierd." I said. Jimin came up to me and gave me a side hug. "They said they'll be back." He looked down and gave me a smile. "So Nari, why don't you tell me what you've been up to these past few weeks."

We sat down at the table and I told him what happened at the school recently, everything from the dance, to meeting Eunji again, to maybe being part of the band, and all the classes I've had. He nodded his head and smiled.

"I wish we still had the piano." He said. I looked over to where the piano used to be when we first came to this house before we sold it. I smiled remembering us playing together. 

"Me too."

He looked back at me. "And no one knows right? That your a girl." He said.

I debated in my head whether I should tell him or not that Chanyeol knows. I mean Chanyeol isn't going to tell anyone but I know he'll probably start to worry again. But I thought it be best to just tell him now than later.

"Uh, yeah, one person though." I said nervously.

He looked back at me with wide eyes and his mouth open. "What? How! Who is it?" He started asking.

"Look he found out himself and it's okay. He's my friend. His name is Chanyeol and he already told me he wouldn't tell anyone."

"How do you know! Don't you remember what I told you. Don't trust anyone."

"Jimin, you might not trust him, but trust me. I trust him so you should trust him too. Plus he found out like the first week I was there. If he was going to say something he would of said it already."

He gave me a hard look, but sighed in the end. I smiled in victory and laughed, eventually making Jimin laugh too. I stopped laughing when I heard a knock on the door. I looked at Jimin before getting up and going over to open the door, expecting who was on the other side. They had been gone for about thirty minutes already. I opened the door ready to question where they were when they came rushing in with tons of bags in their hand.

"Watch out! Coming in!" Woohyun said and I quickly stepped aside to let them walk in. They rushed to the kitchen table and set down all the bags on the table. I closed the door and quickly followed them in confusement. And Jimin was looking just as confused as I was.

"Where were you guys? What is all this?" I asked coming up to them from behind. I slightly pushed Woohyun and Myungsoo out of the way to look at all the bags on the table. I opened the bags and my jaw dropped.

Food.

Every single bag was completely stuffed with food.

I looked back to the both of them and had shock written over my face. "Wh-what is all this?"

"Well it seems you're running low on food supply so we picked up a few things from the store." Woohyun said while smiling.

"I can't take all this. This must of cost-"

"Stop. Its yours okay." Myungsoo said. I looked back at Jimin who was beyond shocked as well. I looked back at Woohyun and Myungsoo, tears wanting to fall again. *God, I need to stop crying. I probably look pathetic.*

"Thank you guys, so much." I said while lowering my head.

"Don't thank me, it was all his idea." Woohyun said while pointing at Myungsoo.

I looked up at Myungsoo who gave me a small smile. I went up to him and hugged him. He was shocked at first but slowly put his arms around me and hugged back.

"Thank you." I said.

"It's nothing" he whispered. I slowly backed away from him while he smiled at me. "I shouldn't have forced you to make me come if you weren't comfortable in the first place."

"I'm glad you did. It feels like a weight has lifted off my chest." I said. His smile grew bigger before he wiped a tear away. "You should put the food away in the fridge. We got ice cream so you don't want it to melt." 

I chuckled before we all started putting all the food in the fridge, laughing and having a good time. And my mind thought back to this morning. *I take it back. You're really lucky to be able to go to the dance with Myungsoo, Eunji. Really lucky.*