Chapter 18

You're who now?

Nari

I opened my eyes after my twenty minute nap session. No one else was in the room and the sun was starting to set in the sky. There was no signs of anyone coming in to the room. I got up and opened the door, checking the hallway, yet no one was there either.

"Where is everbody?"

I walked back into the dorm and checked my phone. I'm glad I didn't take it with me when the whole outdoor activities started.

Oh right, thats where everyone is. They're probably getting ready to sleep outdoors. With that in mind, I grabbed my phone and a sling bag to carry some stuff like water, clothes, and food to bring along.

I opened the door and headed out of the cabins. There was barely any people around, only staff members or janitors. It was so quiet and peaceful that I started debating whether I wanted to leave or just stay here. While walking out of the corridor, a teacher spotted me.

"Are you lost. All the students are outdoors getting ready to leave for the night. I would hurry if I was you" she said.

I nodded and bowed before walking out of the cabin and saw the big group of students all waiting in a huddle. The sun was almost completely down, making the sky darker and cooler than before. I'm glad I brought an extra jacket.

I walked up to the group of students and started to search for Chanyeol. I then realized how much of a loner I am that only Chanyeol is my friend out of all the students here. Well, I don't know about L, or Myungsoo. We aren't really "friends friends" but I mean we talk to each other. Would that make us acquaintences?

A familiar sight of an overly big sized student snapped me out of my thoughts while I started walking to said boy.

"Hey."

Chanyeol turned around and greeted me, acting like an mom.

"Jimin, you're here? Are you okay? Are you feeling better? Did you eat? Do you need anything? Do you feel-"

"Woah, hold on there. One question at a time mom. But to answer, yes I'm here, yes, yes, no, and no. Well food would be nice now that I think about it."

"I can run back quick and get you-"

"Would you stop worrying Chanyeol. I'm fine. I'm good. Stop stressing would you?"

Chanyeol looked at me giving me a slightly concerned look but nodded. "Okay, if you say so."

I rolled my eyes. He can be such a weirdo but it makes me feel warm inside that someone is worrying about if I'm okay. It was usually always the other way around when I was still living with Jimin. Every night I worried about if he was okay and that his heart was working properly, I've never really thought about myself, let alone someone else thinking about me. Beside Jimin, over me eating or not or working late and school. It kinda feels wierd to have the tables turn.

"So are we going or what."

"Yeah, in like a couple of minutes" Chanyeol replied.

"Oh, you never answered my question. Did we win? Are we sleeping in the good tent?"

"Oh that. The other team did get their flag first. But I told the teacher what the other team did but they just kept on denying. I mean it's pretty obvious since you were all wet, but since the teacher wasn't there to see if it really happened or if you just fell out of the boat, they left it at a draw."

"So, who gets the tent?"

"Two people from our team and two people from theirs."

"It's a four person tent? But the rest are two's."

"Hence it being the "better" tent" Chanyeol replied in a sarcastic tone.

I nodded my head in understanding. To be honest, I didn't want the tent if I had to stay with two of those jerks. I'd end up shoving them in the water in the middle of the night.

Soohyun and L, rather Myungsoo, came walking up to us after we were told to meet with our teams. We now had to decide who got the "nice" tent and who got stuck with the regular one.

"I want the nice tent. I deserve it" Soohyun said before I could say anything. I didn't have a problem with that. In fact, that's perfect. The other team isn't going to sleep tonight with Soohyun's loud mouth.

"Okay, I'd rather not be in a tent with the people who pushed me in the water so I'll just take a regular tent" I stated.

I could see Chanyeol was about to agree with me seeing as though he was inching closer and smiling like an idiot. But when he opened his mouth to speak, his voice didn't come out.

"I'm not going to sleep with the other team either" Myungsoo said with his ever so famous emotionless expression and a tone that said 'case closed'.

Chanyeol, who still had his mouth open to speak, darted his eyes to me as if asking for my help. I looked over to L, same expression on his face, and turned back to Chanyeol shrugging my shoulders. He closed him mouth and narrowed his eyes at me while i just gave him a look saying 'well what do you want me to do if you can't even say anything to him.' 

Chanyeol sighed before speaking up. "Alright, I guess I'll take the other tent with Soohyun."

I found it funny how me and Chanyeol could just communicate through our eyes without saying a word to each other, knowing exactly what the other person was thinking. We really have gotten close over such a short period of time.

"Alright students! Lets start heading out!" the teacher yelled.

All the students started heading into the woods until we came upon a big enough space for everyone to set up the tents. I set down my bag on the ground where I wanted the tent to go and looked around at the other students. They all had partners and were starting to set up their tents. I gulped knowing that I have to share a tent with Myungsoo, the guy where I don't know if he hates me or is just tolerating me.

There was a pile where they kept the tent stacked up in the corner. I went over and grabbed the box and headed back to my spot with my bag. I started to unbox the folded up tent and grabbing the instructions. And boy were these instructions hella confusing. There were so many poles that had to be placed into little loops and had to turn at a certain angle. It took me at least five tries to get the structure of the tent correct. And on top of that, Myungsoo was just sitting down next to the tent, watching me the whole time. He didn't move once in trying to help and even snickered when I put a piece in the wrong spot.

All that was left was to put on the sheet or cover thing and it was done. I looked back at Myungsoo who was still watching me.

"You know, a little help would be nice." I said.

"You seem to have everything under control" he shot back with a smirk.

I glared into his soul but decided to not even bother and finish up the tent. I turned around to pick up the cover and started to hook it in the places it needed to be. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Myungsoo get up and started walking toward me. 

"I'll do it" he said while placing a hand over mine for me to stop.

I looked up and eyed him suspiciously to which he just rolled his eyes and unlatched my hand and took the cover, starting to put it on by himself. It was now my turn to just sit back and watch him set up the tent. By the time he finished, I looked around to see almost all the other students had barely gotten their tents set up. This must not be the smartest science class. I also saw Chanyeol looking annoyed at his half finished tent, but considering it was much bigger in size, he had a reason as to why his wasn't done yet.

"Aren't you glad you have such a smart tent partner to get this set up quickly?" I said to Myungsoo smirking.

He looked around at all the students who were struggling to put up their tents and looked back at me with another smirk. "Please, I did all the work. You just put the cover on."

"WHAT? Um, excuse me but I'll gladly take this tent down and have you work your magic to put it together again."

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and opened the tent zipper and climbed in without responding.

"Hmph, jerk."

The rest of the night passed rather quickly. Some students eventually had to have the teachers help them set up the tents after many failed attempts. Chanyeol's tent was big, that was for sure, but I'd rather be in my small one then one with Soohyun. And like a cliche camping trip, everyone gathered around the campfire and started melting marshmallows and telling stories. Well, everyone but me.

While no one was looking, I slipped away and started to roam the woods. Not going too far as to were I'd get lost but just far enough to where I was away from everyone else. The was a mini cliff to my left that had an open view of the entire forest. I walked over to it and sat down with my feet dangling over the edge. I took in the incredible view of the mountains and trees and stars in the night sky. I closed my eyes and let the cool breeze blow my short hair out of my face. There was no sound but just the rustling of the trees in the wind and crickets.

My mind drifted off to Jimin. It's been quite a while since I last saw him. I wonder if he's doing alright and isn't lonely all the time. I chuckled remembering me leaving the dog in the house with him. I wondered if he kept him. He would be a nice friend to have around when he feels lonely.

"Don't worry, I'm gonna make things better. I'll make everything happy again and we won't have to suffer any longer. You won't have to suffer. It'll be just like old times."

I sat there looking up at the sky and just enjoying the view. I felt a tear coming but I refused to let it fall. I'm strong and will get through this no matter what, just like Jimin would always tell me.

"What are you doing?"

"AHHHH!" I shouted and turned around to see who made me jump. And who else would the culprit be besides Myungsoo.

"What are you doing? You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"You have a pretty girly scream" he said ignoring my question and coming up next to me.

"Well sorry I don't like being scared" I said mentally noting to scream more manly next time.

He didn't respond and sat down next to me. I shifted over slightly giving him more room to sit down. "So what are you doing here?" he continued on.

"Call me a hispter, but I find the whole sit by the fire, roast marshmallows, and tell scary stories cliche a bit boring." 

His snickered and formed a small smile. It seems as those that's the most I'll get him to actually smile. And not smirking at me making me feel like a dumbo.

"So what are you doing here? Are you stalking me. Didn't I tell you to be less creepy." I told him.

He rolled his eyes. "I wasn't stalking you. I didn't go to that campfire thing either and I wanted to be alone. I figured you were in the tent so I headed out here. I was just strolling until I heard you talking to yourself. If you ask me, that's creepy."

"Hey, I'm not the creep, creep."

"Yeah okay, creep."

I glared at him and he just stared back. I broke eye contact first because his stare was something else. It felt like he was staring into my soul and seeing all my deepest darkest secrets. He stifled a laugh and looked out at the view. We sat in silence which actually felt comfortable for once. Maybe I could start calling this guy my friend. He does seem more open then when I first met him.

"So Myungsoo" I started, making sure to use his real name, "what do you like to do for fun?"

He looked back at me and raised an eyebrow. I shrugged, seeing as though it was a harmless question. "I don't know."

"Well geez, your no fun." I said to him. He glared at me and I just laughed.

"Oh come on you have to do something. What do you do with your friends?" I continued.

"I don't have friends except for infinite" he stated.

"What? The ever so popular and mysterious L doesn't have a lot of friends? I don't believe it!" I said with a hint of sarcasm.

He rolled his eyes, probably thinking of how he could demolish me without anyone knowing. "I might be well known, but no one wants to hang out with me or get to know me. I'm suprised I got infinite to except me. But I guess your right, no one wants to be friends with a creep."

My smile faltered a bit after hearing his response. I didn't know that's how he felt about himself and started regreting what I said earlier. "I'll be your friend." I said.

"And what if I said no" he raised an eyebrow. I could tell he was trying to lift the mood.

"Well for you cause you'll just have to deal with it" I said smiling and crossing my arms.

"You know, your the only one who ever had the stuborness and nerve to talk back to me after all the things I said."

"Should I feel honored?"

"Its up to you."

I scoffed while he laughed. We sat in silence for a couple of seconds before I started up again.

"So you really don't have anything you like to do for fun?"

He sighed before speaking. "I like basketball and soccer."

"I'd beat your in basketball but I'm not a huge fan of soccer. That's like, my least favorite sport."

"Please, I'd beat you anyday." he scoffed as if imagining me beating him in a basketball game.

"Then I'll just have to see what you got one day after school. Because I'm sure, I'd win."

"Fine, but don't come crying to me when you lose."

I rolled my eyes. If there was any sport I was good at, basketball was definitely up there. I'd play with Jimin all the time and even though he was older than me, I would still beat him. And he was on the basketball team.

We both laugh and the silence took over again. This one a little longer but this time, I didn't break it.

"Why do you want to be friends with me." He started.

"What do you mean? Why not?"

"Even after everything, giving you the cold shoulder and saying those things like when we went out to eat. If I were you, I'd just stay away from me."

I turned my head to look over at him but he was staring out into the distance. "Because not everyone is what they might seem. I don't know much about you so I can't  really assume thats the type of person you are. If you kept up with that attitude till now then yeah, I'd probably stay away from you. But I've seen glimpses of who you really are. A total wouldn't jump in the water after me after everything."

He huffed out air and smiled slighlty but just enough for me to see, making me smile. "And besides, that night at the restaurant, it was partially my fault to. I shouldn't have blown up in your face like that. That wasn't cool of me either. It's just I don't like talking about my past or parents" I said while mumbling the last part.

But I guess he heard me because he turned to look at me with an unreadable expression. "Why?" he asked in a tone that suggested that I didn't have to tell him if I didn't want to.

"Because th-they're.... they're dead." I said, more like whispered.

His face fell slightly and turned to look back out to the mountains. "Oh, I'm sorry."

I chuckled a bit. "It's fine. It's not like its your fault."

We sat in silence again. My mind kept thinking as to why I told him this, I hardly know him. I don't tell anyone, Chanyeol and Eunji beings exceptions. But for some reason, I felt like I could trust him. I looked back up at the view before speaking up.

"We should head back now."

"Yeah."

So me and Myungsoo got up and started walking back to the campsite. We didn't speak but it felt nice. We arrived back at camp were there was a few students still up, but most were heading into their tents to call it a night.

"And just for the record, I'm not waking you up again." I told him.

He rolled his eyes while smiling a bit. "I don't need you to wake me up."

"Yeah, sureee" I said while laughing to which he started to laugh a little.

I saw out of the corner of my eye Chanyeol walking up to me.

"Hey, where have you been, I was looking for you. Do you know how boring that campfire was. I was dying without you." he started.

I chuckled at how dramatic he was being. I looked over to Myungsoo whose face became hardened while looking at Chanyeol.

"I was just talking with Myung- L. I was out with L" I told him after Myungsoo's focus centered on me when I started to say his real name, as if pleading me not to say it.

Chanyeol gave me a weird look before shaking it off. "Oh, alright."

"Time for sleep kiddies! Get in your tents!" the teacher called out to all the students that were still awake.

"I'll see you in the morning then" I told Chanyeol. He nodded and walked off to his own tent while me and Myungsoo went into our tent. I zipped the zipper, closing the tent before going under the covers. Myungsoo got his blanket out and started to lie down.

"Why couldn't I say your real name?" I asked before heading off to sleep.

"Because, I only tell certain people my name."

"And what do you have to be in order to be classified as 'certain people'?"

"Just certain people."

I rolled my eyes and started to drift off to sleep, seeing as though I wasn't going to get it out of him. Before I knew it I was in a deep slumber.

 

Myungsoo

I looked over at Jimin who was sleeping peacefully. I looked over and saw his phone on the other side of the tent. I grabbed it and unlocked his phone. He may be smart but he isn't smart enough to put a passcode on. I rolled my eyes thinking of how dumb that sounded.

I entered my phone number into his phone and sent a text to myself, deleting the text conversation right after. I felt my phone buzz in pocket. I put his phone back down and took my phone and saved his number as a contact. After doing that, I placed my phone down and laid back down facing Jimin.

"I only tell my name to people who matter to me."

I smiled and closed my eyes, falling asleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Another update. Hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. More Nari and Myungsoo interaction for you. :)

P.S: I'm currently dieing over BTS's comeback song 'Fire', It's amazing and I can't stop listening to it. Anyway hoped you enjoyed the chapter!