Chapter 16

You're who now?

Nari's POV:

I didn't go to the meeting they held the rest of the day, making Chanyeol go instead and filling me in later. I spent the rest of the day sleeping until it was the next day. Laziness for the win.

I got up as usual, being the first one up too. Chanyeol, L, and Soohyun were in their beds still sleeping. I grabbed my clothes and a towel and headed toward the bathroom to get ready, flipping Soohyun off as well on the way. The bathroom was a decent size and was similar to the one back at the dorms, but the dorms bathroom was more elegant.

I finished taking a shower and towel dried my hair. I then proceed to put on my wrap for my chest and my clothes before looking my self over in the mirror and heading out. Not much changed, except Chanyeol was awake and on his phone. I guess he heard the door open because as soon as I came out, his head looked up to where I was.

"Why do you wake up so early?"

"You should have a good guess as to why" I replied, not taking any risks of anyone else finding out about my hidden identity.

Chanyeol's mouth formed an 'o' shape, finally understanding. "Oh, yeah. You do this all the time?"

"Well yeah, I have to."

"That must , waking up early everyday."

"Eh. I'm used to it. I used to wake up my older brother all the time."

Chanyeol hopped down from the bunk, grabbing his clothes and a towel as well.

"Well, I'm going to get ready now and after, we'll go get some food. Sound good?"

I nodded my head in response while he proceeded to the bathroom. I figured he would take at least ten minutes to get ready so I went on my phone until he finished. I texted Eunji, realizing I haven't spoken to her in awhile. She's probably so mad at me.

As soon as I sent 'hey' to her, my phone buzzed immediately. I looked down at my phone and gulped.

From: Eunji

HEY? HEY? THAT'S ALL YOU GOT TO SAY TO ME AFTER WEEKS OF NOT SPEAKING IS HEY!!!

I shook my head, replying as quick as possible because a mad Eunji is not someone you want to deal with.

To: Eunji

Look I'm sorry. I've been busy lately and you know my situation isn't exactly the easiest thing. Do you know how hard it is to fit in and act like everyone else, especially when your dorming with 7 OTHER GUYS!

From: Eunji

Still, a simple how are you wouldn't hurt. Your forgiven but you owe me

To Eunji:

Please, I don't owe you anything.

From Eunji:

Yes you do. Now how is school. Are there any hot guys? omg you need to tell me everything. Any crushes so far? ;)

To Eunji:

Omg Eunji, no. My life does not consist of drooling over guys, unlike you. -_-

From Eunji:

Tch, please. I don't drool over guys.

To Eunji:

Yes, yes you do. There's no denying it.

From Eunji:

Alright whatever, I also asked you how school's going, remember?

To Eunji:

It's going good, I guess. I miss you and Jimin a lot though. It's not the same here, especially since everything is so advanced and no one is just getting by here, you know?

From Eunji:

yeah. The rich have it nice. Even where I go, it's more than I'm used to. But now, you won't just have to get by anymore. This is for the better. Your finally helping Jimin out like you always said you would.

I smiled at the text Eunji sent. She can be annoying at times, but she also knows what to say to make you feel better. I was replying to her text when I jumped from someone behind me.

"Who you texting?"

"No one of your concern, yeol."

To Eunji:

Hey I gotta go. I'm on some camping trip. I'll text you later.

I finished replying and looked at Chanyeol, glaring into his soul.

"You know there is this thing called privacy."

"Did you call me yeol? Awww, I should give you a nickname too. Ooh, how about Min? Or Nana?"

I stood looking at him, confusion written all over my face. "Are you even listening to me? And call me that and I will tape your mouth shut forever."

He chuckled while rufflling my hair, to much of my displeasure. "Whatever you say min. Now, lets get some breakfast."

I sighed, giving up and letting him drag me to wherever. It feels like I'm babysitting a toddler. But, nonetheless, we went to the eating area cabin and grabbed a table to eat at. Since it was still early in the morning, no one else was around. Chanyeol went up to where all the food was and prepared two plates while I sat down and waited for him. Some staff people gave us weird looks, probably wondering why we were up so early, but I dimissed them. Chanyeol came back with the trays of foods and sat across from me on the other side of the table.

"So, you didn't answer my question still" he said.

"What question?"

"Who were you texting?"

I rolled my eyes and stuffed my face with food. He really doesn't let things go does he?

"My friend Eunji, if you must know."

"What, you have friends beside me? I don't believe it" he said while fake gasping.

I threw my noodle at him to which he laughed and ate. Why am I friends with him again?

We continued eating our breakfast in comfortable silence until he started talking. He would ask some questions here and there, but for the most part kept on talking about his other friends and how we should all hang out again. He continued to blab on and on about them that i eventually tuned him out, not intentionally of course. But he could keep talking and talking wont get tired. He really is something else.

"Hey! Are you even listening to me?"

"Of course."

"Really, then what did I say?"

"Are you even listening to me" I replied while repressing my smile. He glared at me and threw a noodle at me this time. "Jerk."

"Hey, it's not my fault. I don't need to know about Baekhyun's past hairstyles."

"How would you know. It might come in handy, you never know."

I rolled my eyes and continued to eat. "The past isn't going to help me with the future. At least not for me." I said while taking a sip of my water.

Chanyeol suddenly stopped laughing and narrowed his eyes a bit. His mood changed and bacame more serious than before. I looked up to him, noticing a change in the atmosphere. I looked around the room to see if anything was off, but no one is around or in the room. I turned back to him with the same expression on his face looking back at me. "What's wrong?"

His eyes softened a bit before he spoke. "Yesterday, before we got here. When we were on the bus and I woke you up, you were having a nightmare. I'm not stupid, believe it or not, and I'm guessing you were dreaming about your past, weren't you?"

I was left with my mouth slightly open and staring back at him. I don't really talk to people about my past. He's lucky he knows some of it, being my situation with Jimin and my parents being dead. No one knows what really happened to them except Eunji, since Jimin had told her not me. I don't feel comfortable talking about it, but I continued to play it cool and shrug it off.

"Um, yeah. I was."

"You know you can tell me anything. It won't change how I see you. Sometimes it's better to let it out then to keep it all bubbled up inside."

I stared at him not knowing what to do. Apart of me wanted to tell him but the other part was saying no. It feels weird having someone want to know and mention it. Eunji wouldn't even bring it up, fearing she would say something wrong. All my life, I've learned to keep it in and deal with it myself, not wanting to burden others with my problems and not wanting pity. 

"Thanks, um, for that. But I just don't feel comfortable talking to someone about it. I never really had before soo, uh, yeah. Maybe another time" I said looking at my food rather than his face.

"It's okay. I understand, whenever you're ready." He said while smiling at me.

I smiled back at him, thanking him for not pushing me to tell him. I took out my phone and checked the time. Other students were starting to pile into the room, eating their breakfast. I spotted Soohyun walking into the eating area, shoving his way into one of the tables full of students, much to their displeasure. I turned back to Chanyeol and finished off my food.

"So, what are we doing today?"

"Going out into the woods and camping their the night."

"Oh fun."

"Yup and were doing some team activity with our roomates. Winners get the best tent." He said putting his hands on his face, pretending to be excited. I laughed and got up to throw out my plate. My eyes wandered to a lone table with one person sitting, eating alone. That person, being L. I continued to look around to see almost all the students in the room eating and laughing with their friends.

"Feet get stuck in mud or what." Chanyeol said coming up next to me and throwing out his food.

"Do you think we should go over to him. He looks all alone."

"Who L? No. He doesn't seem to want anyone near him. You should of seen him when I came over to see you when you were having that nightmare. He kept glaring at me like I shouldn't have come over and to back away from you."

"Well, this will be your time for you and me to get on better terms with him then" I said while pulling him to L with him groaning.

"Hey" I said and sat down across the table, pulling Chanyeol to sit down as well.

L didn't say anything but just looked up from his food to stare at us. After about 10 seconds of just staring, he went back to eating his food. I looked over to Chanyeol who mouthed 'I told you we shouldn't have come' to which I rolled my eyes.

"So are you ready for today's activities, since were a team." I continued.

He looked up at me again and stared at me. "Why are you here?"

"I'm sorry, was there a sign that said I couldn't?"

He didn't respond and continued to stare, as if he was challenging me on staying here. I continued to stare back at him, not breaking eye contact. The corner of his mouth tugged upward slightly, but just enough for me to catch. "Whatever."

He went back to eating his food and didn't look up again. I was starting to get frustrated again with this guy. How can he seem so nonchalant and uninterested about everything. He has to have some sort of personality. I turned my head back to Chanyeol who gave me the 'I told you' look. I slapped him on the arm since he was getting on my nerves too.

"Oww, what was that for?" He said while rubbing his arm. Even L looked back up to see what was going on.

"You deserve it, giant."

"Uh, looks who's talking shorty" he said while pushing my head away. I glared at him to which he smiled at. My eyes went back to L to see if he was back to eating his food but to my suprise, he was staring at Chanyeol, emotionless. Chanyeol looked at L and looked back at me with his eyes wider, as if telling me 'I told you he has something against me.'

I chuckled and got up with Chanyeol quickly getting up after me seeing me leave. "Well, we'll see you later for the activity. And if were going to win, I'm going to need you to actually communicate and talk with us instead of staring, k?" I said to L who was, well staring at us.

Seeing as though I wasn't getting a response, I sighed and started to walk away with Chanyeol right behind. "Seriously, work on it. You look like a creep" I said without turning around. Chanyeol snorted next to me after my remark. "That's because he is one."

I chuckled and continued walking out of the room. However, I didn't see L smile too as I left the room.

An hour or so had passed where all the students got ready for the days activities. Me and Chanyeol went outside to where the students and teachers were waiting to start the activity.

"Okay class, today we will start with our first challenge of the day. You will be working in teams, your teams being the four people your dorming with. One person in your team will be caged up in a cell. The rest of your team will have to work together and go through different obstacles to find the key. Once you find the key, you retrieve your teamate and head to the lake where kayaks will be ready for you. You then have to work together to row across the lake and get your flag. Fastest team will be the winner and get the best tent for tonights camping in the woods. Everyone understand?"

"Yes!" The students chorused.

I met up with Chanyeol and spotted L and Soohyun. I was not looking forward to working with Soohyun.

"So you guys ready" Chanyeol said.

"Duh" Soohyun replied. This is going to be fantastic.

"Who's going to be the one in the cage?" I asked, since we did have to pick someone.

"Well not me, I'm not some animal that can be caged up" Soohyun replied.

"We should take a vote then" Chanyeol said.

"Fine, I choose Jimin" Soohyun said while glaring at me. Maybe I should of been nice to him for this trip.

"I choose Soohyun" I said glaring back at him.

"I choose Soohyun too" Chanyeol said. I mentally thanked him in my head.

"What why Chanyeol? Were bros remember?" Soohyun asked shocked.

Before Chanyeol could reply, someone else spoke first. "I choose Soohyun."

Soohyun glared at L who stared at him, emotionless as usual.

"Then its decided. Soohyun your the one going in the cage" I said firmly.

"Hell no. I'm not going anywhere,"

I was starting to lose my temper real fast and in the next minute, I'm going to be punching this guy till he starts begging for his mommy. "Listen here Soohyun, your going in the cage whether you like it or not. You wanted a vote, you got one. Now man up before I smash your precious little face against the rocks over there and won't even particpate in the game since you'll be in the hospital."

Soohyun just started at me in shock, mouth hanging open. I glared at him, challenging him to retort and say no. He closed his mouth and walked over to where the other players who were going in the cage were.

"Wow, remind me not to make you mad ever" Chanyeol said.

I snorted and started to walk where the other players who had to find the key were. I easedropped on to what some of the other teams were planning on. Most of them were going together in a group, to which I found ridiculous. Why would you stick together instead of splitting up. You'll be able to cover more ground if you split up,

I turned back around to L and Chanyeol, starting a game plan. Me, Chanyeol, and L will split up and head in three different directions, Chanyeol staying the closest to the cabins, L in the middle grounds, and me being the furtherest away. We had a specific area we were going to since the teachers gave us hints as to where the key could be. Our team color was green, meaning we had to find a green key, and we were given each a walkie talkie. We also agreed that if we find another key to keep it so the other teams would have a hard time. I ran through our plan in my head one last time, finding it a pretty solid plan.

After discussing, we all gathered at the starting line and waited for the gunshot to go off.

"Okay kids, remember your objective is to find the key. After that you have to row across the lake and retrieve you color flag. Strategy is going to determine our winner. And just a reminder, this is nature we're dealing with. If you want the key you'll have to deal with nature herself." The teacher said.

"Okay everyone ready!"

"Yes!"

'"On your marks, get set, GO!" the teacher said with the gun going off.

I ran and ran, heading straight for the woods.