Chapter 8

You're who now?

Nari's POV:

I knew I would be going to school soon, but not this soon. Today was Wednesday, which meant I had two more days at my regular school, plus the weekend. 

4 days before my life completely changes. 

I smiled at my aunt and went upstairs to my bedroom. It was 10:00 at night. I tried to go to sleep but I couldn't. My mind was racing with all these new thoughts. What is it going to be like there? Are the people really bad, spoiled brats? What if it's too hard for me? What if someone finds out my true identity? Will they punish me or hurt me? Worse, would they hurt Jimin?

"Aish Nari, get it together" I told myself. 

Eventually, I somehow drifted to sleep  

Time skip next three days -->

The last three days have gone by quick. Too quick for my liking. I start at Woolim tomorrow. I'm getting nervous just thinking about it. Eunji had also told me she's starting Sm soon as well, probably next week. At least she doesn't have to pretend to be a guy. 

I also realized I really won't be able to keep my job at the shop. I can't exactly leave campus after school everyday to go work. I don't want to seem like I'm really poor to everyone. Though I'm scared for Jimin. My aunt said she take care of him in the meantime but she isn't made out of money either. Sooner or later, she'll have to go back to work, which means Jimin is going to be alone. Ugh, why can't things just work out for once!

I came downstairs and sat with Jimin on the couch. My aunt went out to get us some food with the money I've been making. After the phone, I don't want her spending more money on us. Speaking of my phone, I really need to understand how it works. Why do they make it so complicated. Why can't I just call people and that be it? Why do they have to add all these other features to it?

I took out my phone and handed it to Jimin. "Think you can understand how it works?"

"Well if ms.smarty pants can't figure it out, what makes you think I can?"

I rolled my eyes and took my phone back. "Geez, thanks for your help."

"Of course, anytime."

Sometimes I wish I can just slap that stupid smirk off his face. But I can't help but laugh at him too. I continued to lay down with Jimin and snuggle with him. He always made me feel safe. His warmth calmed me down every time I would get worked up about something. I just want to stay in his arms like this forever. If only I could. 

"So, you nervous for tomorrow?" 

"Yeah, I am. What if I can't do it Jimin? What if they're mean to me? What if they find out? I don't want anything to happen to us. Ugh I hate feeling like this." 

"It's alright to be scared Nari. Being scared doesn't mean you're weak. It shows that you're human like the rest of us and you have a heart. You're probably the strongest person I know, and if anyone could pull this off it will be you. It won't be easy, but I know you can do it. Any if anyone try's to hurt you or pick on you, I'll personally beat them up till their crying back to their mommy."

I laughed. He always knew how to make me feel better. I couldn't ask for a better brother. I looked at the time and saw it was getting late. I sighed and puffed out my cheeks.

"Well better get to sleep. Big day tomorrow." 

"Yeah.." 

I hugged my brother goodnight and went upstairs. When I got to my room, I laid out my uniform for school tomorrow. Unnie had gotten the uniform for me when she signed me up. Guess she wasn't lying when she said that she could get me in easily. 

I already packed all my clothes into a suitcase. It made my room look even more empty than it already was. Plus, I didn't have a lot of clothes to begin with so there wasn't much to pack. 

I laid down on my mattress for the last time until who knows when I'll get back. I can't believe this is it. I always dreamt of the day I'd go to a prestigious school but never thought it'd be an all boys school. Especially Woolim. This is what I need to make everything right again. This is our new beginning. 

I looked out my window into the night sky, filled with stars. "To our new beginning."

 

I woke up to my alarm blasting in my ear at 6:00 am. I groaned and slammed my fist onto it. I looked out my window and saw it was still dark out. 

"Ugh. Five more minutes."

I started to drift back to sleep until I realized what day it was. I immediately woke up and started to get ready. I did my normal routine, except it wasn't really normal anymore. I had to put a wrap around my chest to make it flat and less noticeable that I'm, you know, a girl. I put on my uniform and shoes after. Didn't have to bother with my hair, just finger combed it to make it look more neater. Perks of having short hair I guess. I then went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and finshed up. I didn't bother taking a shower since I took one last night before I went to bed. 

I grabbed my suitcase and headed down stairs, making sure I had everything I needed. I saw my aunt and Jimin talking once again, eating breakfast. This time it was pancakes. 

"Took you long enough."

"Ya be quiet Jimin, I only took like 8 minutes."

I began to eat my pancakes while my aunt and Jimin went over all the "rules" for me before going to school. 

"And don't tell anyone your secret. I don't care if you grow to trust them, it's better if no one knows, that way there less of a chance of more people knowing" my aunt said. 

"Yeah, yeah I got it. I'll be fine" I reassured them. 

"Well then ready to go to school then" unnie asked me. 

I groaned thinking of how long it's going to take to walk there with my suitcase. 

"I guess I am." 

"Okay I'll be in the car outside. Get your things ready"

"Wait unnie, you have a car? And your driving me to school?"

"Well it isn't no BMW but it gets the job done. And of course I'm driving you. Don't want to look all sweaty on your first day do we" she said and walked out the door. 

I grabbed my things and looked back at Jimin. I sighed and gave him a hug while he kissed my forehead. 

"Be safe. I'm gonna miss you Nari." 

"I'm gonna miss you too. And I should be telling you to stay safe, mr.heart condition here." 

He chuckled and gave me one last squeeze before releasing me. He patted my head and shooed me out the door. 

"Don't want to make you late on your first day, do you?" He smirked at me. I laughed and got into the car with my aunt. As we pulled away, I watched Jimin's figure getting smaller the further we got away. I swore I could see a few tears in his eyes, making me want to start crying. "I'm really gonna miss you Jimin" I whispered to myself. 

About 10 minutes later, we arrived at the entrance of Woolim university. So this is where it all begins. 

"You got your phone with you Nari?" 

"Yeah, why?"

"Give it here."

I gave my phone to my aunt while she pushed some buttons and did things to it. Honestly, I'm not sure if I'll ever know how to work one of these. 

"There. I added my number into your phone so you can contact me if you need anything" she said while handing back my phone. I looked and saw the new contact labeled aunt. I only had her and Eunji's number in my phone. Eunji gave it to me as soon as I told her I had a phone. 

"Thanks." I put the phone back into my pocket and started to get my things out of the car. Students were already starting to arrive as well. 

"Here's all the information you'll need like your schedule and where your dorm room is" my aunt said while handing me pieces of paper. 

"Anything else I should know?"

"You'll be dorming with seven other people and you should keep your voice a little lower. And make sure no one finds out" she smiled at me. 

"Thanks unnie. For everything. I wouldn't be going here without you" 

"Don't mention it. It's the least I could do for you and your brother. Now get to school young man before you're late" she winked at me. 

I smiled and gave her a quick hug before walking into the building. My new life as a boy attending Woolim university, officially starts now.