Chapter 24

You're who now?

Nari

I went to the rest of my classes for the day. Everytime I asked Myungsoo if he changed his mind, he would always reply with "I'm thinking." After the bell rang, I decided to head to my locker to put some of my books away that I didn't need. I put in my combo and started putting away my books when a voice scared me.

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing Myungsoo." I didn't even have to look to see who was speaking. 

"Putting stuff away."

"Wow, how did you know?"

"Because I'm smart." I rolled my eyes and closed my locker, heading back to the dorms. However, Myungsoo pulled my arm back and started leading me in the opposite direction.

"What are you doing? Let go of me!"

"You're hanging out with me today." He said without looking back. I managed to slip my hand out of his grasp and stop walking. He turned around and gave me a confused look.

"I'm not going anywhere until you agree to go to the dance with my friend."

"Your still my servant so yes you do. And I told you I'll think about it." He said while trying to grab my hand. I moved away before he could grab it and didn't move once again.

"Just go with her and I'll go where ever you want to go" I said.

"Why do you want me to go with her so badly? I barely even know her." He said while getting frustrated.

"Because she is my friend and she really wants to go with you."

"Yeah, well I don't want to. Why don't you just go with her."

I was going to come up with some excuse when I remembered what Chanyeol told me. "Because I'm not going."

"Why?"

"Because I said so. Enough about me, just take my friend and I'll..."

He looked at me with expecting eyes. "And you'll what?"

My mind was looking for all the things that could convince this idiot to just say yes, until I came up with something. I mentally groaned knowing that if this won't work, then probably nothing will. "I'll... let you extend the servant time." I said with my eyes closed and my voice getting lower every time the next word came out of my mouth. I really didn't want to do this, especially when it's ending like 2 days from now but I got nothing else to offer. I looked up to see Myungsoo smirking at me as if he was a king or something. *I swear Eunji owes me big time.*

"You really want me to go with her that badly?"

"Yeah, so if you go with her you'll get to torture me even longer now." 

"As tempting as that sounds, I'm afraid I'll have to decline." My eyes went wide and my mouth dropped completely. *Did he really just say no? He's giving up torturing me and making me do his homework. Has he gone mad? Is the world coming to an end!?!?!*

"I don't wanna go. I'll just stay back at the dorms with you." He said while chuckling at my expression.

"But, But you, how?" My mind couldn't even function properly. If he really just rejected my offer, it's most likely nothing else will convince him.

"I'm sorry but I don't understand your alien language."

I sighed and pushed my bangs out of my face. "What can I do to make you go with her huh? I'll do anything!" I pleaded for the last time.

He groaned and looked at my desperate eyes. "Anything?" I gulped and nodded my head. It felt like I'm having deja vu. If someone told me I just lost a basketball game right now I'd believe them.

He seemed to think real hard before he opened his mouth to speak. I closed my eyes, ready to hear the worst. "If I'm gonna go, then you gotta go too." My eyes opened, expecting him to say more and say something much worse but nothing came out of his mouth.

"That's it?" I asked with uncertainty. He nodded his head and I broke out into a smile. "Deal!" I grabbed his hand and shook it while he rolled his eyes. 

"Why am I even doing this?" He mumbled to himself while I smiled in victory. However, that smile didn't last long when I realized I'm a complete idiot. *What the hell am I supposed to do now? I can't go to the dance being "Jimin" and go to the dance with Chanyeol being Nari. Nari, you doofus.*

"Well now that I said yes, will you come with me now?" Myungsoo asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I was going to reply when another voice called my name.

"Oh, Jimin! There you are!" I turned back to the voice that called me to see a familiar face.

"Oh, hey Minho. What's up?" I didn't expect to see him anytime soon.

"Well, remember our promise?" He asked coming up to me. At first, I didn't know what he was talking about until I remember about the whole band deal.

"Oh yeah" I said rubbing the back of my neck. "Is that today?"

"Yup, so your coming with me" He said while slinging an arm around my shoulder and taking me to where ever it was. I looked back to see Myungsoo's poker face back on and giving me and Minho a glare. I smiled nervously and mouthed a quick sorry back to him before we turned a corner and disappeared. I turned my attention back to the front and tried to memorize where Minho was leading me. He was talking about the band again though I wasn't really paying mych attention to what he was saying. We ended up reaching a big room that had a lot more instruments in it than the room I went in that morning. And the amount of people in here was a lot more than what I was expecting,

"I thought you said the band was small?" Minho looked at me and smiled before replying. "Uh, this is small." He said. I stared at him and started laughing while he looked confused. I slowly started to stop laughing seeing his face. "You're joking right?"

"No, why would I?" 

"Oh, well than." I looked around the whole room. There had to be at least 150 people in here, at least. "And not one knows how to play the piano?"

"Of course there are some who know how to play but there are different parts that one piano can't cover in a live performance. Plus, I think you're a lot better than you're letting on." He said before leading me over to the piano area. One student was already playing the piano and playing a classical piece, that looked and sounded very difficult. I laughed nervously. "I think you're putting too much faith in me." Minho started laughing and showed me to "my piano" and said I could just play around and get used to it. I started pressing keys and playing what ever I felt like, not daring to play too loud and embarass myself. Minho came over again and handed me some sheet music on what they were working on. I was never the one that was good at sight reading and playing it perfectly on the first read through and just looking at this music made me want to sink into a hole. When I looked up, Minho was in the front of the band and silenced everyone. Everyone stopped playing and looked at Minho.

"So my fellow bandmates, today we are going to keep practicing on our piece but before we jump into it, I'd like to welcome a new member, well maybe. He's not sure as of now so he's gonna come to a couple of our practices and see if he likes it." Minho looked at me and motioned for me to come up to the front. I mentally groaned and got up and stood in front of everyone. Everyone's eyes being on me made me a nervous wreck.

"Um, hello, my name is Jimin. Please take care of me." I said while bowing 90 degrees to them. I quickly returned back to the piano to hide before I would do something stupid. Minho smiled at me before getting ready for the band to play.

"You can just listen and read along for now until you feel comfortable to join in Jimin." Minho said before they started playing. I nodded my head and everyone started playing. As soon as they started, it was amazing. I felt as though I was at a professional symphonic concert with how they sounded. They played through some parts a couple of times to perfect things that weren't good, which I didn't hear since I thought everything was good. After a couple times of following through, I tried playing along with them, though not loud enough for the part to be heard. If anything, the other guy on the piano would be the only one that heard me. And I started to get one section of the song down pretty well, though the whole thing still needed a lot of work. Before I knew it, a hour and a half had passed and it was time to pack up. I took the sheet music and put it into my bag before zipping it up. Minho came walking over to me before I got up.

"So, what do you think?"

"I think you guys are amazing and that I compared to everyone here."

He laughed and shook his head. "Well we have been working on this since school started and you just got it so. And how many times do I got to tell you that you're better than you think you are."

I rolled my eyes before standing up. "I don't think I'll ever believe you after this practice."

"So, are you gonna come back and hopefully join?" He asked with hope. Honestly, even though my self esteem dropped, I did enjoy being here and listening to the music being played lived. And just being able to play a piano again makes me happy inside.

"I don't know, I'll think about it." I said with a smile. Minho smiled and nodded, accepting the answer for now, knowing its not a no. Though I couldn't help but laugh at how I sound like Myungsoo right now. I bid farewell to Minho and started heading back to the dorms, which I was originally going to go to in the first place.

I opened the door and plopped down on the couch again, my go to spot after school finishes. Woohyun, Myungsoo, and Sungjong were the only ones in the dorms right now. I closed my eyes to rest since I was tired and just wanted to nap. But I felt the couch dip next to me and opened one eye to see who is was. And I wish i just kept my eye closed because all I saw was a pissed off Myungsoo.

"So where were you?" I groaned and put a pillow over my head, not wanting to deal with him right now. Though Myungsoo just grabbed the pillow and threw it onto the other couch. I glared at him while he waited for me to speak. I swear he acts like he's my mother.

"I was at band practice okay." I said waving him off.

"Band practice? Since when were you in the band?"

"Does it matter."

"You're in the band?" Woohyun asked coming into the living room. "What do you play?"

"The piano." As soon as I said that, Woohyun's eyes widened and a smile spread across his face. "You know how to play the piano! Oh, can you teach me pleasee! I always wanted to learn how to play the piano." He jumped down next to me and started begging. I rolled my eyes, looking at him like he was a crazy person. 

"Please, I won't ask for your help for homework, just teach me how to play it!" He said. I looked at him before pushing him away from me.

"Fine, now can you not be so loud, I'm tired right now." Woohyun jumped up and down silently while I laughed at him. I watched his figure disappear in the bunk area before closing my eyes to sleep again.

"Uh-hem."

I opened my eyes and groaned. "Your still here."

"Yes, you left me today. I'm quite upset with you." I rolled my eyes at his childness and spread my legs onto his lap before laying down to rest.

"You keep acting like this and you'll take Woohyun's title of drama queen."

"YAAA!" Woohyun shouted from the other room making me laugh.

"Plus, I spend too much time with you already, I think you can handle a couple of hours without me."

"Ya, do you want me to go the dance with your friend or not."

I shot up and looked at him. "You already agreed to it. There's no turning back."

"Yeah, well your still my servant for 2 more days so you have to do what I want. And you left me after I wanted you to hang out with me."

"Ugh, will you just-"

Ring Ring Ring

I felt my phone vibrating against my leg in my pocket. I pulled out my phone and looked to see who was calling and saw that it was Jimin. I smiled before picking it up and answering.

"Hello?"

"Ji-Sooyoung? Hey what's up?" I said quickly fixing my mistake.

"Oh, are you around other people right now?"

"Yeah, but I'm not doing anything right now." I looked over to see Myungsoo staring at me, probably trying to listen in on my conversation. I tried shooing him away but he just swatted my hand away. Woohyun came back into the living room and looked at us wierdly. He sat down on the other couch watching me and Myungsoo fight in amusement.

"Yeah so what's up?" I said while trying to contain my anger.

"I was just calling to see how your doing. I haven't heard from you in awhile."

"I'm doing fine and sorry I've just been busy lately. I was going to call you sooner but I forgot."

"Ah, it's fine. I'm just making sure your still alive."

"I should be the one saying that" I said while chuckling.

"Please, have you forgotten I'm invincible."

"Uh huh, what ever you say."

"Well, I'll let you go then. Don't forgot to visit your hyung, okay?" He said emphasizing hyung. I smiled and shook my head.

"Don't worry, I'll come by soon."

"Alright, love you."

"Love you too." I hung up and put my phone back in pocket and looked up to see two pairs of eyes on me.

"Can I help you guys?"

"Who was that?" Woohyun asked.

"My brother."

"Oh, Sooyoung. Can we visit him again. He was nice. Plus, I miss spike too." Woohyun said. Myungsoo's eyes widened and looked between me and Woohyun while I glared at Woohyun. Woohyun looked at me and covered his mouth, regretting he ever opened it. I smacked my forehead. Great, here we go.

"What are you talking about. You went to Jimin's house?" Myungsoo asked Woohyun in disbelief. Woohyun looked at me for help but I don't even know what he could say that would fix this situation.

"Uh, what you talking about Myung. I'm just joking arou-"

"Don't lie to me Woohyun."

"I'm not ly-"

"Jimin." I looked over to him and gulped hard. He started in to my eyes, as if he was hurt I let Woohyun come to my house and not him.

"Okay, yeah, he came to my house even though I didn't want him to. What's the problem."

"When did this happen?"

"A while ago. I don't know why your making such a big deal over this."

"Why would you bring Woohyun?"

"I already told you I didn't want him to come, he came because he followed me like a creep. God, it's like you guys are switching roles."

He still looked upset which I don't even know why. There is nothing special about my house. Really, its an empty shell.

He crossed his arms. "I'm coming next time then."

"Uh no your not."

"Why?"

"Because, I said so that's why!"

"If Woohyun goes, then I'm going." He said.

"No."

"Yes, or I won't go to the dance."

"But you already said you would!"

"Too bad."

"UHHH FINE!" I said before getting up and going to my bed to sleep already.  Before I fell asleep I pulled out my phone and sent a quick text to Eunji. You owe me so much do you hear me. You can't believe everything I'm doing for your . After I sent the text, I turned my phone off and went to sleep with the thought of having Woohyun and Myungsoo coming to my house. *Kill me now.*