Chapter 20

You're who now?

Nari

I woke up in the dorms again. It was six in the morning when I got up and took a shower and changed. Everyone was still sleeping, as per usual, and I made myself some breakfast. Since it was saturday, there was no classes today so I had the whole day to do whatever I want. I pulled out my phone and texted Jimin to see what he was doing today. After minutes of not getting a response, as I expected, I figured I'd just go out and visit him again. I went back into the bunk area and grabbed my jacket and keys before heading out. 

I walked out of the school putting my headphones in. I was reaching the end of the campus when someone called out to me.

"HEY, WAIT UP!"

I sighed and mentally slapped my face. "Chanyeol, how many times do I have to tell you that I d- Woohyun?"

Woohyun came running up to me with a large grin on his face. "What, not who you were expecting?"

I looked around to make sure no one else was around, like Chanyeol, before speaking. "Uh, no. What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing out here?"

"Just taking a walk. You?"

"Same."

I eyed him suspiciously before shrugging it off and continued on my way to my house. But Woohyun had to come along with me and walk beside me. I shrugged it off again figuring sooner or later he would just leave and go back. But by the looks of it, he had no intention of leaving anytime soon. I must have walked around the same roads numerous times, not being able to go to my house. I finally stopped and turned to look at him.

"So are you planning on heading back anytime soon."

"Sure, if you wanna head back."

"You can go without me."

"But you promised to hangout with me."

"I made no such promise."

"Doesn't matter, we're hanging out today." he said with finality.

I sighed and continued walking around aimlessly for the next few minutes, Woohyun still by my side. I was runnning out of places to go down and it was getting later in the day by the second. My mind was thinking of ways to get rid of Woohyun, not that I didn't want to hangout with him but I just wanted to see Jimin more. I stopped again and turned to Woohyun.

"I think we should head back now. You should go. I'm just going to stop at the store to pick up a few things before heading back."

"Oh, I'll just come with you then."

I mentally groaned inside. He's just as bad as Chanyeol. "It's really not necessary. You should just go back."

"Jimin, why don't you just tell me where you're really going. I'm not that dumb to realize we have been walking in circles for the past few minutes."

I gulped, my mind trying to think of an excuse that will seem beliveable but failed to do so. "I'm just gonna go to the store." 

Woohyun narrowed his eyes at me, clearly not buying it. I don't blame him. I couldn't even think of a lame excuse. "Jimin."

"Ugh, I'm going to my house okay? There now can you please leave?"

"Why can't I come?"

"Because I just wanna go alone."

Woohyun pouted at me and insisted on coming with me. I kept on refusing but he wasn't taking no for an answer. 

"Jimin, whats wrong. I don't see what the big deal is. Do you just not wanna be around me. If thats the case, then I'll just go-"

"No Woohyun it's just- I don't- you just can't. After I come back, we can hang out all you want but I just wanna visit okay?"

He didn't look like he wanted to but he agreed and started walking back to the school. After he turned the corner, I started heading to my house once again after 20 minutes of stalling. By the time I reached my house, I expected Jimin to be up by now. 

I walked into the house and didn't see anyone around. No one was in the kitchen or living room, so I headed upstairs. I opened the door to my room to see no one there. I guess my aunt went to work today. Turning around, I headed over to Jimin's room and opened the door to see him sleeping. Of course he was still sleeping, why wouldn't he be. I walked over and sat down on the matress next to his sleeping figure. He looked peaceful while he slept, making me smile.

"Jimin, Jimin wake up" I said while shaking him. After seeing no response, I shook him harder, causing him to stir awake.

"Uhh, what do you want." he said while sitting up and rubbing his eyes. Once he stopped, he looked at me, his eyes widening and a smile growing on his face. "Nari, you're here!"

"Oof, yeah I am" I said while he attacked me with a giant hug. "Come on, lets go eat."

Me and Jimin headed down stairs and sat down at the kitchen table. I prepared him some breakfast before sitting back down.

"Aren't you gonna eat too?"

"No, I just ate before" I told him.

"Oh, so how's school?"

"Good.I had a field trip the passed few days."

"Really? Where did you go?"

"Our science class went out into the woods and stayed in cabins. It reminded me a little of our old house."

"I wish I was there then" he said with a small smile while he continued eating his food. "So what did you do there?"

I told him about all the things that happened while I was on the field trip. He wasn't too thrilled about the whole find the key game. In fact, he looked like he was going to march over to the school and beat up the students on that team.

"I knew something bad would happen. See, you got hurt. Nari,you have to come home like everyday after school and get away from those jerks."

"Jimin, I'm fine. And I'm right here right now so, calm down" I said while laughing at his overprotectiveness.

"Still, what if you get hurt again."

"I won't. You need to stop worrying."

"Yeah, well I th-"

Knock Knock

I looked over to the door then back to Jimin to see him getting up.

"I guess Noona's back for her break."

I nodded and continued to sit at the table while Jimin got the door. While he wasn't looking, I stole a piece of his food, snickering to myself. I also saw the same dog sitting in the corner of the room, sleeping on a cushion. I guess Jimin kept him after all, making me smile.

"What's noona doing" I asked since Jimin hasn't walked back already while turning to look back at the door. But as soon as I did, my eyes bulged out as wide as humanly possible.

"Hey Jimin" Woohyun said while walking into my house with Jimin following with uncertainty.

"Wh-wh-how-what?"

Woohyun smirked and sat down at the table with Jimin following. He looked over to my brother and bowed to him. "Hello, my name is Woohyun. I'm guessing your Jimin's brother?"

"Uh yeah. That's me" Jimin said while scratching the back of his neck. Jimin looked to me, not knowing what to say or if he should even say anything.

"Soo, Jimin, who's this?" Jimin said, the real Jimin. God this is going to be so confusing.

"Uh, this is Woohyun, one of my friends and roomates at Woollim. Woohyun, my brother... Sooyoung."

"I thought you said his name was Soohyun?" Woohyun asked.

"Well you must have heard wrong then" I said, cursing myself for being careless.

"Oh. Well nice to meet you Sooyoung."

"Nice to meet you too Woohyun" Jimin said.

"So if you don't mind me asking, why are you here?" I said while trying to contain my anger.

"Because I am." Woohyun replied. He looked around my "marvelous" house and looked back at me and Jimin. I avoided eye contact with him, knowing what he's probably thinking. How can someone live in this dump and be going to Woollim? No wonder he had no money to pay for dinner that night, he as poor as they come. He's a piece of trash.

"I thought I said to just head back to the dorm." I told him while still avoiding eye contact.

"I got bored thinking about going back. Sometimes, I need a break from infinite."

I looked up and glared at him. He replied with a sheepish smile on his face. I sware if Jimin wasn't  here I would of smacked him across the face. Woohyun continued to look around and stopped when he spotted something, his eyes widening.

"You have a dog?!?!" he said while getting up to go pet the dog. The dog slowly started to awaken, wagging it's tail upon seeing a new face. He started Woohyun all over the face while Woohyun laughed. I gotta admit, a little bit of anger left me upon seeing this.

But while he was busy petting the dog, I looked over to Jimin while he looked back at me at the same time. I tried mouthing words to him like 'what do we do' while he mouthed back 'I don't know.' I tried thinking of things to get rid of Woohyun, once again, but I didn't know what to do.

"What's his name?"

"Huh?" I said, snapping me out of my trance.

"The dog, what's his name?" Woohyun asked.

"Oh him. he's.. Spike." I said.

"Well your a nice dog Spike" he said while talking to him in a baby voice.

"Oh shoot, look at the time. Sooyoung you have to go to work soon. I guess I'll be going then so you can get ready" I said after thinking of a simple plan to get rid of Woohyun. The only way to get rid of him is if I leave too, which cause I wanted to spend more time with Jimin. 

"Oh, right. I'll see you some other time N-Jimin." Jimin said, quickly fixing his mistake. Thank god Woohyun didn't seem to notice anything.

"I'll come with you" Woohyun said while coming up next to me.

"Well duh." I said, making him chuckle. I hugged Jimin goodbye and walked out of my house with Woohyun following me. After we were a good distance away from my house, I let out all my frustration.

"What the hell! I told you to go back to the dorm. Did you follow me back to my house? What are you, some stalker!"

"Hey, calm down. I told you why I didn't go back to the dorm but yeah I might have followed you back" He said while rubbing the back of his neck and looking away. I wanted to strangle him but I settled with punching him on the arm as hard as I can.

"YAAAA, THAT HURT!" he whined while I continued to glare at him.

"Serves you right, creep." I started walking ahead of him and trying to leave as much distance as I could between us. He would try to talk to me, but I turned away and ignored him. I heard him sigh after his multiple attempts until he finally grabbed my arm and pulled me to a stop.

"Listen, I'm sorry alright. I didn't see what the big deal was and I wanted to see your family cause were friends."

"Really, you wanna be friends with a piece of trash like me?"

Woohyun seemed to be taken back a bit, his mouth hanging slightly open. "What do you mean?"

"Please, save the crap. I'm not stupid okay. I know how the world works. I live in a piece of junk house with hardly anything insides besides a few tables and couches while you probably live in a mansion with 70 inch flat screen tv's in every room you own. I'm a piece of garbage compared to you, to infinite, to everyone at the school. And you wanna hang out and be my friend after seeing that? If you're gonna lie, learn how to lie better."

Woohyun just stared at me, mouth open yet not saying anything. I waited for him to reply, but he just continued to stare at me. My heart sunk, knowing I was right. "I knew it" I mumbled to myself and started walking away from him, more like speed walking. I just hoped he would have the decency to not tell anyone else in the school.

"WAIT! JIMIN WAIT!" I heard Woohyun calling behind me. I picked up my pace, hearing his footsteps coming closer. Speed walking turned into jogging, which turned into running, which turned in to full on sprinting. It's at times like these that I thank myself for taking track because there was no way Woohyun would catch up to me. But of course with my luck, the best luck around, the walk signal turned to the red hand making me stop since cars started to drive across the road.

"Oh come on, really?"

I heard footsteps getting closer and closer again while I groaned, knowing the stupid light wouldn't turn before he gets to me. His footstep became louder and his panting became audible while he grabbed my arm again and spun me around.

"I...said...wait." He panted out, completely out of breath. I didn't reply and continued to stare at the signal, trying to force it to turn green with my eyes.

"Listen, if you think that's what I think about you, then you don't know me all that well either."

I turned back to face him while he stared into my eyes, not blinking once and breathing heavily. 

"I don't care if you have a lot of money or not. I don't care if you can't buy everyone's food at a dinner. I don't care if you're the poorest human being on this earth because you are my friend. I like you for you, not by how much money you have. We're seat buddies, remember."

I looked into his eyes, trying to see if he was lying, but as far as my lie detector senses go, all I saw was sincerity. I sighed while looking down, still afraid of what he might think of me now. He might not care about how much money I have, but the last thing I need is special treatment or pity from him.

"Right" I said looking back up to him. He smiled and hugged me in a tight hug. "But don't act toward me differently now, okay? And don't even think about telling anyone about this, or I'll have your head.

He let go of me and nodded his head. "Yes sir."

I rolled my eyes and started walking across the road, seeing that the signal turned green for us to go. We talked about little things heading back to the school. once we reached the dorms, only Hoya and Myungsoo were still there.

"Where were you guys?" Hoya asked.

"Out on a jog" Woohyun replied smoothly. I gave him a small smile, thanking him for keeping it a secret. Hoya just nodded and went back to doing whatever he was doing on his phone.

"Where are the others" I asked.

"Out somewhere" Myungsoo said. I nodded and sat down on the couch, not knowing what to do. I must be the most boring person ever because I never know what to do when I get back to the dorms or even the school. And there's so many others things to do here than anywhere else. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Myungsoo walking up to me. He sat down next to me and turned to look at me. I turned to look at him with an arched eyebrow.

"Remember our deal?" He started. I gulped, not wanting to hear anything more.

"Nope, sorry. I have short-term memory loss" I said, trying to stall for as long as I can. 

He smirked and chuckled. "Well, I remember and that's all that matters."

I rolled my eyes and waited for what he was going to say.

"And as a reward for me winning, the loser, which is you, had to do something for the winner. I had originally had something in mind before, but I decided to change it last minute to this. You, have to be my servant for two weeks. No arguements or questions."

"WHAT! HELL NO!"

"Yes. You lost so this is your punishment."

"Uh, a servant for a day, maybe I can understand, but TWO WEEKS! You're out of your mind if you think I'm going to be doing that."

"Too bad, you have to. Rules are rules. And hey, you were the one who came up with the bet, not me. You only have yourself to blame."

"UGHHHH. This is stupid. I'd rather do what you had originally had in mind then this."

Myungsoo started to get up off the couch. "Oh trust me. this is a lot better for you than what I had originally thought."

I stared at his figure until it disappeared into the bunk area. He then came back with his jacket and sunglasses and started heading out the door. But before he left, he stopped midway. "Your servitude starts tomorrow" he said and closed the door.

Oh god, what did I get myself into?