Chapter 1

You're who now?

"Jimin, come down to eat. I just finished making breakfast."

"Give me one second Nari!"

This is how the day usually started each morning. Jimin, Nari's older brother by two years, would wake up later than Nari while Nari would make breakfast with what they had. 

Jimin came down the stairs of their tiny house into the tiny kitchen where Nari was.

"Took you long enough"

"Ya, until you have a health problems with your heart, then I don't want to hear it." Jimin replied

Jimin sat at the table and looked at his breakfast: a piece a bread, half an apple, a small portion of Cheerios, and a glass of water.

"So... I guess we're running low again" Jimin said to Nari who had her back facing him. She turned around and sat at the table with her brother, frowning slightly. 

"It's all I could get this week. Don't worry I'll make sure we will get a proper breakfast next week."

Jimin looked at his sister and saw the dark circles underneath her eyes. She looked tired and weak

"Nari, how many hours are you working at that shop downtown?"

Nari looked down at her small breakfast, avoiding eye contact with her brother. "Umm... You know, like what I usually do."

All Jimin could do was sigh. He knew what her usual hours consisted of. He didn't like the fact that she worked all day for hours on end each weekend and after school, trying to get as much money she can make (even though it wasn't a lot) to keep them going, while he sat home all day because of his heart condition. But he knew he couldn't do anything about it. After their parents death, they've been in a rough time and are just surviving and getting by through the small amount of money Nari makes. They lived in an old, run-downed, outdated, small house with two small bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen, and a living room.

"You know Nari, you shouldn't overwork yourself. You could get sick and you also need to focus on school too."

"I know but we need the money. Plus I'm smart, unlike you. My grades are fine I just need to get into a better school so I can get a decent job and we will be all better." Nari smiled at her brother. 

"Hey I'm not that dumb. I'd probably have B's in school if I didn't have to drop out. Plus all the good schools are all boy boarding schools. There are only a few good all girl boarding schools." 

"Well I'll just have to get into them won't I." 

"Yeah if they actually looked at how smart the kids are. They only let them in because they are rich despite their grades. You're better off where you are."

"But if jobs see what school I went to despite my grades, which would be good anyway, I would get the job in a heartbeat, and you know it." 

All Jimin could do was sigh again. He knew she was right, but he'd never admit it.

"Speaking of school, don't you have it right now" Jimin smirked looking at the time.

"Shoot oppa, why didn't you tell me what time it was" Nari said cleaning up the plates and rushing to get her school books and backpack.

Jimin just laughed at Nari's worried expression and her frantically trying to get all her stuff. "Don't worry, if you run you won't be late." 

"Ugh I'll get you back just you wait" Nari said as she hugged her brother and rushed out the door to school. Jimin watched her retreating figure out the window. 

"Love you Nari. Don't push yourself for me." 

Jimin then walked to his little bedroom to rest until Nari returned.