Chapter 9 (Jessica's POV)

Your Love (Effortlessly You Part 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a while since I've become pressed on a topic that is not related to my sisters and my work as an artist and CEO. The subject of adoption often makes me zone out during breaktime and even now that I'm spending a quality with my family. We're having a picnic in the bonsai garden of our mansion in Jeju when my mind suddenly became occupied with that serious matter again after I saw Yoona having a great time with my nephews. Her eyes reflect how much she wants to take care of a child she can call her own.

"Jessie, are you okay?" Krystal asked after sitting beside me under our tallest bonsai tree. It's her concerned voice that brought me back to reality. I fluttered my lashes like I just had a dream. I'm not certain as to how many minutes I've zoned out again while staring at my wife.

"Y-Yeah," I replied which obviously sounded the opposite.

"You know that you can always tell me anything. Be it erted stuffs or not." She's kidding but I know she's doing it to make me cheer up. Krystal is just like my bestfriend Tiffany whom I can rely on serious matters that bother me.

"Yoona wants to have a child," I finally uttered after a thorough search for the courage to open up about the matter that occupied my mind for two weeks.

"You mean she wants to adopt?"

"Yes."

"What's the problem with it? Why does it make you unhappy? Isn't it amazing to have an additional member to your family?"

"I'm not unhappy. It's just that before I married her, I made up my mind that I won't adopt and I will continue taking care of Sooyeon just like how mom did."

Krystal scooted in front of me and held my hands. "Jess, Sooyeon unnie now have Sunny who can take care of her. And look, they're getting married soon. You've done a great job of being her mom and dad...of being my mom and of my kids. Now is your turn to be a mother of your own family. I'm sure if you'll tell Sooyeon unnie about it, that baby ahjumma will accept your decision."

"I know. She actually told Yoona that she's ready to see me raising another child."

"Then what else is holding you back?"

It took me a while to figure out what I really want and what's holding me back from making up my mind. Yes, I already know how it's like to take care of a child because I started doing it at a young age when I lost my parents. I did that with Jiyeon too. And comparing all of my experiences in taking care of my sisters, my nephews and then Jiyeon...I realized that I felt more accomplished in taking care of someone who has a strong connection to me. A connection that can never be broken by anyone nor anything. And a connection that flows through my veins...blood.

"I want a child I can call my own, Krys."

"What do you mean?"

"I want a child related to me by blood and not just by an adoption paper."

Krystal's jaw hang widely. She was speechless and when she finally wanted to say something, Sooyeon came to invite us to join her wedding conversation with her fiance and with Yoona and Julien.

"Can I be the ringbearer this time?" Maden asked while raising his hand. "I wanna walk in the aisle like hyung did during mommy's wedding with daddy Yoong."

"Mason, what do you think of Maden's request?" Sunny asked the boy seated on her lap. She's Mason's favorite playtime buddy everytime they visit us at Uncle Jin's house while Yoongie is Maden's favorite.

"I don't mind giving up my throne. I already had my turn as a handsome ringbearer so it's Maden's chance to show off his charms. Just don't go astray in the aisle Maden. The chapel's aisle is only a straight line so you will never get lost."

Sunny laughed cutely at Maden's joke which also made the others laugh while I just parted my lips for a smile. We continu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter