Chapter 23

Your Love (Effortlessly You Part 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Travelling abroad with a Jessica Jung and more than two companions means riding the billionaire family's executive plane to have a more comfortable flight. Since Sooyeon will also be participating in New York Fashion Week and she has an scheduled photoshoot, she and her family decided to join us in our trip to US together with Tiffany and Ashley. Therefore, our long yet cozy flight was never boring at all because we have three kids and the talkative couple to divert our attention.

While Min and Tiffany's daughter were enjoying each other's company while playing with barbie dolls and stuff toys, Jin Seo was silent on his seat. His eyes were focused on the window because our handsome boy is amazed of the view laid before him. It's his second time to see the bed of clouds up close yet he remains impressed by this white mass in the sky. Actually when he saw it again, his voice was so loud when he said "Wow!" and he even described it as a floating cotton candy which made Sooyeon and Sunny laugh heartily.

"Can I walk in there mommy? Peter Pan can do it. So can I do it too?" My wife looked at me and we smiled at how cute Jin Seo's question was.

"No, honey. You can't," Jessica replied while Jin's hair. "Peter Pan is a character in a story who has magical powers. In our world, the real world, there is no one like him. These clouds...it's just like bubbles that if you'll step on it and there's no hard surface underneath, you're going to fall. You know how dangerous that is when you're not wearing anything to protect you right?"

Our son nodded and then returned his attention to the clouds. "It's beautiful." The way he said it reminded me of the way I say those words everytime I'm starstruck with his mother's beauty. Noting that similarity he has with me made me smile.

Jin continued watching the clouds. Min and Ashley insisted for him to join them play but he just shrugged off their invitation. An hour later, he fell asleep in his mother's arms. I brought him up to the master's bedroom and laid him carefully on the space between me and Jessica.

"Yoongie?" Jessica called. Her attention remained on our sleeping son.

"Yes?"

"What if one day Jin will stop understanding the choice that we made and then choose to be with Jasper? Technically speaking, he's the biological father and you are his biological mom. What will you do if that happens?"

Uncertainty and fear seldom appear in Jessica's vocabulary. But this time when she asked me that question, I saw it in her eyes and sensed it at the tone of her voice while staring at our beloved son.

"I won't let that happen." I may sound selfish with that answer given that Jin has a mind to decide on his own, but I don't care. I don't want Jin to leave us. We love him and it will surely break Jessica's heart if one day he'll make that choice Jessica fears to happen. "He developed in your womb Sica. Though he's conceived artificially, he's still our son. Not just my son. Not Jasper's son. But ours, you and I."

"I hope he won't change. I hope he won't hate us once he already understands everything that's happening around him."

I transferred to the other side of the bed so that I can lie next to Jessica and wrap her in my arms. This is one of the rare t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter