Chapter 14 (Sunny's POV)

Your Love (Effortlessly You Part 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's tomorrow. My big day. My wedding day. And like other people who are about to get married, I'm also consumed with mixed emotions at the moment. It can't be helped especially because I'll be marrying a Jung Sooyeon - a daughter of a billionaire...a twin sister of a popular and genius billionaire. And here I am - a mere peasant turned into a songwriter and talent manager of my bride who doesn't want anyone as her manager but me.

"Nervous?" Jessica's voice suddenly echoing in the room I share with Sooyeon interrupted my train of thoughts. I turned around to see Jessica smiling at me, taking a slow steps forward until she's just a few feet away from me.

"I don't think I need to spell it," I replied. "Because right now I'm a complete definition of a person who's nervous because of her upcoming wedding."

"I felt the same way a night before my wedding day. Sooyeon is also like you right now. She's at the living room being comforted by Jiyeon and Tiff." Jessica sat on the chair at the balcony and I took it as my cue to do the same. "Thank you Sunny," she said after a moment of comfortable silence.

"For what?" I asked.

"For loving my sister. For making her feel special just like how Yoongie made me feel. I am thankful that the two of you came into our lives. It's one of the best blessings we ever received since the day our parents died. To love and to be loved, that's what you did for Sooyeon." Jessica sighed and looked over the view of the mountain. "Just like what happened to me and Yoongie, there's probably other people who are wondering why my sister chose to marry a Lee Soonkyu when in fact she can have any man or woman in the world. I'm advising you to ignore those kind of people Sunny. They don't deserve any of your attention or explanation. For me, you are the best for my sister. Because aside from me and Soojung, it is you who can manage to make her genuinely happy."

Her words are very comforting. It was like a drug injected directly to my vein that has a quick effect of calming my nerves. It is their humility that makes me admire the Jung sisters even more. They don't care if you're penniless or not as long as you have a good heart. "Thank you, Sica. I feel much better now after listening to your words."

"You're welcome. By the way, can you come with me? I'd like to show you something."

I followed Jessica at the basement which was as neat and organized as the one they have at their mansion in Jeju Island. It was actually like a den where you can relax either by watching a movie or by reading books. On the farmost part of it where Jessica led me was a wooden cabinet with a red ribbon tie on it's handle.

"Open it," says Jessica so I carefully loosened the knot and opened the two doors. Inside the cabinet were two kinds of brand new guitars - an electric guitar and the classic type. "It's my present for your wedding," she explained. "You're a great songwriter Sunny. I want to inspire you to continue doing what you love so I'm giving you this."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter