Chapter 30 (Jessica's POV)

Your Love (Effortlessly You Part 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's Jin Seo's last day of community service. The same parents came to watch over their sons as they carry out their duties of sweeping the school's playground. But unlike before, Mrs. Kim was aloof in one corner. Her eyes looked bleak and her thoughts seemed to be off somewhere. Yoona isn't with me today because of an important meeting with Woo Bin and their staff. She'll arrive a little late to pick us up for a family date. And though I have online reports to keep me distracted while waiting for my son, I decided to spend my time by talking to the troubled woman.

"Are you okay, Mrs. Kim?" I asked but I received no answer from her. I sat beside the troubled woman and offered her a carton of chocolate drink that has a note coming from Jin Seo.

Please smile always Mrs. Kim. I've only seen you smile once since I came to school. You look prettier when you smile. That was the simple note handwritten by my son. While I was preparing his school stuffs this morning, he slipped an extra carton of his favorite chocolate drink in his bag together with that note and a smiley sticker. He told me that everytime Kim Ah Joong fetches her son, she always look mad or irritated. There were also times that he saw her eyes were red and swollen. Maybe it's because she cried due to her issues with her husband. He's ten years older than her. And according to rumors, he married Ah Joong because her father is his company's biggest shareholder.

A smile crept in the woman's face after reading my son's note. And yes, my son was right. Her beauty looks ethereal when a smile is plastered on her face. "Your son has a beautiful penmanship," she complimented while tracing the sticker.

"He's homeschooled for three years. And during that time, what he often did during breaktime and weekends is to practice writing and drawing."

"Does he know how to paint just like you?"

"He started watercolor painting recently. He's doing well. And with more practice, I think he'll be a great artist."

"Just like you."

I turned to look at her and smiled. Her aura is more welcoming now compared to the past few days. "I hope so. I wouldn't mind him wanting to be an artist rather than a businessman." I paused and thought deeply about what I wanted to say next. It's been a while since I struggled with my words while talking to someone I'm not close with. "Listen, I'm really sorry if you feel uncomfortable of having a...of having a lesbian's son in this school. I...I mean Yoona and I...w-we didn't mean to cause trouble to anyone."

"No. It is I who should be sorry. I've said hurtful things and if possible, I would like to take it back. I cannot blame you or your wife for this - for choosing to get married...and for choosing to have a family or a child to call your own. People change and so is the meaning of love. Just like how the meaning of motherhood and fatherhood changes as time pass by. Before, those words used to be very gender-specific. But now, there are wives who perform the duties of a father better than their husbands do."

It's obvious that she'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter