Chapter 12

Your Love (Effortlessly You Part 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was like we're having a family reunion in our Mediterranean mansion in New Caledonia during the seventh day of November. Yes, after almost three months, me and Jessica were back at the island she bought for me as a wedding present - our Yoonsic Island. Three days to go and it's already my bestfriend's beach wedding with Sooyeon. Almost everyone from Jessica's clan are around to witness the union of the Sunyeon couple. These include their relatives living in France like Jasper Jung and the ones from England and Canada who took care of the siblings during their student years. Their friends Park Jiyeon, Sunhwa, Woo Bin, Tiffany and her cousin Minhee also took a break from their busy working schedule to join us. And on Sunny's side, her parents and her nearest kin came together with my dad. We all travelled here using the Jungs' sophisticated executive jet. And from the airport going to the island, we rode Mr. Seo's newly purchased luxury yacht where he and his family will sleep during the night. Sooyeon's friends in the modeling industry and Sunny's co-songwriters will arrive a day before the wedding.

After we've brought our luggages to our rooms, we began with our preparations for our barbecue party and night swimming. The adults enjoyed a glass of champagne except for Tiffany and my pregnant wife who's hugging me while everyone's sharing stories or singing along with Junghwa and Minhyuk.

"Is it true that Hyuna-shi gave birth to an American-looking baby girl?" Sooyeon, who's seated beside me, asked. We paid a visit to Hyuna in her condo unit in Seoul a week ago. Her parents are helping her in taking care of her baby who looks extremely adorable.

"Yes because the father is an American guy," I replied. "Her baby really is so cute. I honestly can't help taking a picture while Sica is cuddling her."

"Really? You took a lot of photos? Can I see it?"

I took my phone out and opened the folder containing the photos of Jessica and Hyuna's baby. She also have photos with my ex-girlfriend. It's refreshing to think that they've become like close friends after just a one-day visit. It's probably because they've both entered the motherhood stage. And what's even more amazing is that through her conversation with my wife, Hyuna had a change of mind and decided to raise the baby. Jessica also offered to be Mia's godmother which made Hyuna excited for her baby's baptism.

"She's so cute!" Sooyeon kept on squealing at every photos of Mia. "Is Hyuna-shi planning to put her for adoption?"

"No." Jessica was quick to respond. Her serious look when she answered Sooyeon reminded me of her conversation with Hyuna. She told her that it's better for baby Mia to grow up with her real mom by her side rather than growing up in a well-off family that has a father and a mother. I clearly understood even if it wasn't directly stated by my wife. Jessica doesn't want innocent children to be abandoned by their real parents. Maybe it's Krystal's case which prompted her to have such belief. And most probably it's one of the reasons why she chose an artificial means of conception rather than adoption. "She'll raise the baby. I'll help her if ever she'll face difficulties for being a single mother," Jessica added firmly. "Baby Mia deserves to grow up in her mother's arms even though she's a product of a one night stand. Giving her away is like pressing on her mind that she's an unwanted child."

"You sound

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter