Chapter 48

Your Love (Effortlessly You Part 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: "Based on the original plan". I don't know if someone was able to catch what it means. It means bonus chapter(s) before the Final part which I will write on Yoonsic day. ^_^

 

It was a nice Friday morning. While my family were still prepping for our trip to Italy, I spent my time standing at the wide lawn and staring earnestly at the mansion that has become my second home. I will never forget the day that I first stepped into this grand, majestic place in Jeju Island. There are many memories I have in here - happy, sad and even the confusing ones - all of which are worthy to remember. Just like Jessica's favorite site in their estate, my search for the happiness that I have now is like the search for the right way to the heart of their maze garden where a beautiful fountain can be found. There were some wrong turns that I made, wrong moves and obstacles that frustrated me and almost made me want to give up. But with the guidance of the people who trusted me and most specially Jessica's never ending love, I was able to reach the center of the labyrinth of happiness.

"You're staring at it intently. Planning to draw this magnificient view in a piece of paper?" Distracting my reminiscence of the past was the loyal butler Mr. Seo who married the housekeeper Miss Jieun a few months ago. I knew they're gonna end up together. I've forseen it on my first day as Jessica's personal assistant.

"I'm just saving the image on my mind," I replied with a smile plastered on my face. The spot where we were currently standing is where the chopper of MLH landed on that day that I arrived in this mansion. "I came here because of my desire to give my father a good life through the high-paying job Mr. Mitoba offered me. But it wasn't just my dad who had a good life because of that. It was I experienced it the most."

"It's not just you Miss Im. And not just your father too but also the person who granted you the good life you wanted to give to your father. Before you came here our mademoiselle was like a chair missing one leg. Though it can manage to remain standing, it tumbles down when force is applied. Though she looked cold and aloof, inside her tough facade was a fragile one caused by the heartbreaking experiences she needed to endure. You completed her, Miss Im. You filled the empty spaces in her heart and made her what she is now. As someone who's been serving the Jung family for many years, I am thankful to you for what you've done to the great Jessica Jung."

A gentle squeeze on his shoulder and a sincere smile was my response to Butler's Seo's expression of gratitude. I'm certain that this loyal servant - this great man - can understand how thankful I am to him for recognizing the things that I've done that changed my wife.

An hour later, we have now settled inside the van and convoyed all the way to the airport where the private plane is waiting. Even if there's still a space for him beside me, Jin preferred sitting on my lap facing me. He's grinning from ear to ear while his eyes flickered at my face and his mom. 

"Why are you smiling?" Jessica asked while giggling at our son's jolly expression. "Is there something on our faces, honey? Or...are you up to something that we don't know?"

Jin Seo shook his head and now a soft chuckle can be heard from him. "I'm just happy while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter