Chapter 18

Your Love (Effortlessly You Part 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After three days of stay at Bora Bora, we returned to South Korea to report back to work. And since I don't have anything on my schedule during my birthday, I stayed at the Jung sisters' mansion in Jeju. This is where me and Jessica will live for several months because she'll be facilitating MLH's new project which is the Jeju Ocean Park.

"Why the long face?" Kim Bum asked when I slouched on my seat at the kitchen counter. This handsome chef is busy preparing the ingredients for cordon bleu and it's sauce.

"Everyone here already greeted me a happy birthday. Tiffany did. Woo Bin did. Krystal and her family did. And even my other friends did too including Sunny and Sooyeon who are busy travelling in Paris and other parts of France."

"And? Or should I use 'but'?"

"But my wife still haven't given me her greetings." I groaned and laid my head face down on the cold granite countertop. Kim Bum chuckled at my childish act.

"It's either she forgot your birthday or she's too busy at work so she decided to set aside her greetings for later."

"I hope it's the second one. What she did for me on my first birthday with her was so special. I am not saying that she should do the same this year. What I'm asking is for her to at least remember that Im Jan Di gave birth to a beautiful girl named Im Yoona on the seventeenth day of November."

"You sound so full of yourself."

I frowned and glared at him. When he started laughing, I jolted up on my seat and threatened to attack anytime. "You're not convinced that I'm beautiful?"

"I'm just kidding. Of course I am. Im Yoona is one exceptionally beautiful South Korean citizen who captured the heart of the goddess Jessica Jung." Kim Bum turned around to prepare two glasses of wine. He pushed one glass in front of me but I just eyed on it. "Don't you want to drink to celebrate your birthday?"

After a moment of deciding whether I should get drunk or not, I took the glass and downed its content. Several minutes later, everything around me seemed to be spinning. "Hey. What did you place in my drink?" I asked the chef. He just smiled and that's the last thing that registered on my mind before everything went dark.

When I woke up, I found myself lying in a bed of freeze dried rose petals. There's a hedge that's decorated with fairy lights and turquoise-colored fabrics. Candles placed in metal lanterns with glass sides were lined up parallel to the hedge. And from afar, a soft music was playing. Slowly, I got up and straightened my clothes which are now different from the ones I wore. I looked around me and realized that I'm in the maze garden. A table for two was set up near the fountain.

"Good evening princess," a woman with a familiar voice whispered. She draped her arms around my waist and gave my neck a heavenly kiss. "Happy birthday," she whispered in an enchanting breathy voice.

I smiled and turned around so that I can see her face and caress it with my fingers. Jessica looks exhausted yet her beauty remains striking. "I thought you forgot my birthday." I pouted which made Jessica chortle.

"What can make me forget your birthday is an amnesia which unfortunately happened last year. Still, I want to apologize. Not for acting like I forgot your birthday, but because I didn't prepare a gift other than this special dinner."

"You don't have to prepare any gift, Mrs. Im. Because ever since I met you, I found everything that I need." I leaned down to capture her lips. I was just intending to give her a quick kiss but the taste of was so tempting I ended up craving for more. It was her who broke our kiss.

"My kiss is for dessert. Let's have the main course first," she jested.

While having dinner, we talked about anything that crossed our minds. But most of it was about business. "Woo Bin agreed to make me his business partner. We're planning

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter