Chapter 39 (Hyuna's POV)

Your Love (Effortlessly You Part 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The decorations in the ballroom of the Jungs mansion made me feel like I'm attending a royal ball. Everyone looks so fine in their outfits especially the males who are wearing tuxedos and the young girls wearing princess-like ball gowns. Many celebrities also came and that includes the members of the former famous girl group T-Ara, the K-pop duo As One, the rock band CNBlue, and the boyfriends of the five unmarried T-Ara members namely Nickhun (Jiyeon's boyfriend), Ok Taecyon (Eunjung's boyfriend), Park Taejun (Qri's bf), Jay Park (Soyeon's boyfriend) and Kim Hyun Joong (Hyomin's bf).

"Jessie has so many handsome cousins. Don't you want to marry one of them?" Jiyeon asked to tease me. She offered me a glass of champagne and raised her glass for a toast.

"I'm overqualified for them," I jested. And such response made the singer-actress smile. "So...you came here with your boyfriend huh? He really look like a Thai prince. Both of you are compatible to each other."

The singer's blush on looked darker after hearing my compliment about her relationship with the K-pop star from Thailand. "I had no choice but to force him to me here since all of my friends' boyfriends agreed to tag along. I don't wanna be the only one from MBK who doesn't have a partner. And it's perfect timing since Khun doesn't have anything on his schedule for two consecutive days so he agreed to attend the party with me. Where's Mia? I saw her earlier talking to her classmates. Where is she now?"

"She's at the powder room fixing her make-up."

Jiyeon raised her brows, uncertain if she'll believe my response or not. "She knows how to do it?" she asked so I nodded.

"I started teaching her last year. Her admiration for Baby Jin is what prompted her to try learning how to put on her make-up. I refused when she first told me to teach her. But you know my daughter. She's a persistent type. She said she wants to look beautiful in front of her crush."

"That's freaking adorable. I can imagine her eagerly putting on make-up. So cute." She giggled while imagining my daughter putting on make-up. "I really like how supportive you are to her. Did she have a last minute complain with her dress?"

"No. She likes it a lot. She told me that she'll act prim today so that her beauty will stand out. That's what you taught her."

Jiyeon smiled and then was silent as she toured her eyes around. Sometimes I see her glancing at me. "Hyuna?" she called with a bit of seriousness in her voice.

"Yes?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter