Chapter 27 (Jessica's POV)

Your Love (Effortlessly You Part 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Surprise! Kekeke. I said before that I may not be able to update for two days. But after reading your comments yesterday, I was inspired to come up with this chapter. And to express my gratitude to your awesome suggestions, this chapter has a bonus of our Baby Jin Seo's cuteness. Hope you'll like it ^_^

 

Like what he often does when we're on a trip, Jin's eyes were focused on the car's window while we were on our way to the hospital where Dr. Wright and his team works. As early as now I want Jin to understand how he came to life so I decided to bring him to the place where it all began - his conception.

"What are we doing in a hospital mommy? Are you sick?" Jin is not the type who's afraid of hospitals. He's not afraid of injections either. What first comes into his mind when we visit this kind of place is that someone is probably not feeling well, excluding himself. He touched my forehead to see if I have a fever but of course my temperature is normal.

"Mommy is not sick," I replied to the precious boy I carried in my arms. "I brought you here because I want you to meet the people who played an important role in your life."

Though he's still a child, Jin's able to understand situations better when they're explained in a matter of fact approach. We stopped in front of a huge bulletin board where photos of fetal development are displayed. Intently he stared at the photos, amazed of the changes a baby undergoes in the mother's womb.

"What are they mommy?"

"They're pictures of a baby, of how he grows in his mother's womb until he's ready to be born."

"Is that a balloon?"

I almost laughed out loud when he referred to the as a balloon. What an adorable kid. "It's called a cell, a kind of egg from a male person like you. And this big circle here is called the egg cell which comes from a female like me. We need this two in order for a baby like you to be born."

A look of confusion became obvious in his face while looking at the egg cell and the . There's also a photo in the bulletin board showing a happy family that is composed of a mother, a child, and a father - the one that he doesn't have. So I assumed based on his expression that maybe my precious child is starting to sense what I'm trying to tell him. After all, he's an intelligent boy. He can understand many things compared to the ones his age. "Mommy?" he called in a very soft voice while looking at the picture of the happy family.

"Yes, honey?"

"My appa is like you." He lowered his head, uncertain of what to say next so I placed him on the nearby chair and then I sat in front of him.

"Yes Jin. Your appa is like me - a female. I want to let you know how you were born. That is why I brought you here Jin. I know it's too early for me to do this but I want to start now. As you grow, I'll always explain to you how you came to life until you understand it clearly."

Dr. Wright and his team showed us the sonographic video of the extraction of Yoona's mature egg cells, the conception process that took place in the laboratory, the development of the embryo, the implantation and also the video of my ultrasound results. He also gave me a copy of it for me to use whenever I explain to Jin how he came to life.

"If in the future you need help in making him understand the process, feel free to contact our team. Or you can also ask Dr. Han to help you," says Dr. Wright before we left.

On our way back to the hotel, Jin kept on looking at the photos of the embryo and my ultrasound results. "I look like an alien," he said. This time, me and our chauffeur failed to stifle our laughter. "Did you look like this too mommy?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter