Chapter 31

Your Love (Effortlessly You Part 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five missed calls and five text messages. All of it were from my wife asking me if the meeting is not yet over. I'm supposed to fetch her and our son twenty minutes ago. But unfortunately my meeting with Woo Bin and our staff took longer than expected because of additional concerns that were tackled. So right after the meeting was adjourned, I dashed out of the coffee shop, hopped into my car and gave Jessica a call while I'm driving my way to Brent School. She didn't sound mad or suspicious while I'm explaining myself so I sighed in relief.

"Appa!" Jin shouted after seeing me getting off my car. He ran towards me so I bent down to welcome him with a hug. He and his mommy spent their time waiting at the school's playground. Seated beside Jessica was Principal Song, Mrs. Kim and her son Dong Wook. From the way I see it, it seems like the two mothers are now good friends.

"Are they in good terms now?" I asked my son in nearly a whisper.

"Yes, appa. Mrs. Kim said that she wants to be friends with mommy."

"Ah. So you and Dong Wook are okay now too?"

"Yes, appa. We played car racing in mommy's Ipad earlier."

"Did you win?"

"Of course. I always know how to win."

According to Jessica, the principal and Mrs. Kim decided to keep her company when they saw her still waiting for me in the parking lot. They talked about many things and that include how Mrs. Kim reconciled with my wife. She also apologized for being rude to me. And since I don't want to hold a grudge to anyone, I accepted her apology.

"I'm taking my family out for dinner. Why don't you join us Principal Song, Mrs. Kim?" I invited.

"I'm having a date with my family too. Maybe next time. Thanks for the invitation Ms. Im," Principal Song replied. Mrs. Kim also refused to join us because she have an appointment in an hour. They waved us goodbye and tousled Jin Seo's hair before they left.

"I thought we're just going to have dinner. So why did you make a reservation for a hotel room?" Jessica wondered while we were in the elevator. I just smiled at her and didn't say anything until we reached the two-bedroom master's suite that I reserved for two nights. "Yoongie, this room..." she uttered but was unable to finish her thoughts. There were questions reflected in her eyes and I know exactly what those questions are.

"What about this room mommy?" Jin asked. Since Jessica was speechless because of my surprise, it was I who answered our son's query.

"There are many good memories that happened in this room, son. And the most memorable of all is when your mommy admitted that she loves me."

Jessica blushed when she was reminded of that night of the annual charity event. It's crystal clear in my mind how great I felt when she told me that she's also in love with me.

"This is where you first kissed?"

Jessica and I laughed at his query. Our son is one curious little boy. "No, son. Our first kiss happened in our house in Jeju. Come on. Let's go take a shower first before going out for dinner. I did bring your favorite clothes and your tennis shoes."

"Do I smell that bad for you to ask me to take a shower first, appa? Will the restaurant owner send me out if I'll enter his restaurant withou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter