CHAPTER 9

Fireworks

I am not really used to being dolled up, i am the kind of girl that if i dont have anything to do i would prefer staying at home in my most comfortable clothes and not caring about my hair with a book on my hands and comfortably sitting somewhere cozy.

But now, I'm sitting in a rotating chair, and now they're drying my hair, while my hands are being manicured and other girl stuff being done to me. Jonghyun back to his suit but now with black shirt and black tie, is sitting near the entrance and he hasnt looked at me since he opened the car door for me a while ago. But as i said, im tired of this angry feeling, i wont care anymore. If he doesn't like me, then i wont mind. I don't need to make him like me, i have no power over someones feelings. Sigh. I think I'm gonna grow old fast with how much I'm sighing.

I let them do all the work, i just closed my eyes and imagined I'm cinderella and they're casting the magic spell bibbidi bobbidi boo. I counted in my head
1...2...3...589...590...1987...1988...someone tapped me on the shoulders and i opened my eyes... Woah! My hair has big wavy curls, my lashes are curled, my cheeks are slightly pink, my lips pink, my eyes pops in my eyeshadow. Every feature on my face is accentuated, i don't know who the girl in the mirror is but she looks beautiful. I smiled. I looked at the people who fixed me and i said thank you with every happiness I'm feeling.

The head stylist asked for my dress from Jonghyun and he gave it, not even taking a glance at me. His loss. Anyways i fit in the dress and I'm feeling cold on my back. I wore the high heels and thanked God that i can still balance myself, but my feet would probably kill me later. I walked out of the room and the stylist gaped at me, like I'm his best creation he has ever made and hugged me, but he said not too much for he might ruin his 'work of art'. 

Just in time i heard Jungyeon's voice talking to Jonghyun so i walked to them and when Jungyeon saw me she clapped like a seal and kept on saying "waaaaaaah daebak!" I felt flattered. Then i looked at Jonghyun, who looked really great on his all black fitted suit. Our eyes met and for a moment i was lost again in it, melting in his eyes and felt weak on my knees, how come he has this effect on me ? But for once, i saw a reaction from him, he looked lost, i cant say but he looked like a little boy lost in a crowd.
"Unnie!!! The people will go crazy over your beauty!!! Even i as a girl is going crazy!!! Wow ! Just woooooow!" Jungyeon said, this crazy girl.

Jungyeon looked beautiful on her blue dress that accentuates her beautiful body, she really is a catch, no wonder Mr. Emotionless becomes Mr. Dimples when with her. Sigh. I have to remind myself to just let it go-- (started singing frozen's let it go in my head) waaaaah I've gone crazy these past few days. I said thank to the people on the salon and Jungyeon was giving then the thumbs up, Jonghyun took care of my things and we rode in the car, Jungyeon took a car so we rode separately towards the venue. Again, it was silent in the car. But i had the feeling like Jonghyun was wanting to say something, but thats like not gonna happen so i brushed the thought away.

At the venue, people were so busy, i saw a lot of chairs for the media and a long table which Jungyeon told me that i would be sitting on the middle between Dad and her, just imagining everything gave me chills on my , wow its cold. I shivered. The aircon must be on its lowest temp haha. Wow, how can i laugh at this situation?. I was told to wait at a room and wait until i'll be called out. I sat on a chair there and my head was totally blank. Like nothing-- i cant really think of anything.... 

"Unnie, i have to go out early, i have to be seated at the start, don't worry. We will do all the talking." Jungyeon comforted me before leaving and i was left with Jonghyun. I think being left alone and being left with him has no difference at all. He didn't speak, just stood by the door and since i cant think of anything else besides hearing my own heart beat beating crazily, i forgot he was there at all. Minutes later, i was feeling really cold, goose bumps all over my back and I'm shivering. I closed my eyes and prayed to God that i wont throw up once i sit on the chair in front of Korea.

Suddenly i smelled vanilla. I opened my eyes and saw Jonghyun in front of me, his coat on his hands and put it on me. Vanilla-- he smells like vanilla... Remembering the scent from when i passed out and in the library. My eyes grew big at him and he looked straight at me, then cleared his throat. He backed away and stood again by the door. He cares... Gummy bears.

Just as i was about to say thank you, i heard a lot of noise outside, it has started, i heard clicking noises of cameras, i heard dad speak, Jungyeon speak and i suddenly felt weak. My stomach churning, my ears buzzed wiping all the noise outside and i can only hear my heart beat. I blinked a few  times and praying that this is all a dream, but i knew even for myself that this is not a dream. A knock on the door made me jump up. Jonghyun opened it and a staff said i should go out. I looked at Jonghyun for help, my eyes big and pleading, no matter what awkwardness we have, he is still the closest person to me at this room. He looked at me and his eyes also grew big, he walked to me and supported me by the arms... Hmmm vanilla--- and the. Everything went on but i cant remember a thing.

When i got my head straight, i was being hauled and protected from hundreds of flashing lights, Jonghyun being a wall from the media to protect me, i had a sense of security from his wide back. When i got in the car, Jonghyun closed the door and ran to the drivers seat and immediately drove off. I cant remember a thing when i was out the door and seated on the press conference. I out. I looked at Jonghyun, i should say thank you but before i could, i noticed his skin on his neck. It was turning pinkish and some red, my view got clearer when some light poured in and saw that he got scratches, wounds from the cameras a while ago. My heart melted.

All this time, i have been hating him and not appreciating that he has been protecting me ever since. Im probably sure he was the one who carried me to my room the second time, it was the same scene just when i had the meltdown. I loved his vanilla scent, it gave me a comforting feeling but yet his presence made me hate him. Suddenly i felt guilty for making it hard on him. Sigh. Now i admit its my fat, i should've think things through before acting on him.
"Jonghyun ssi. Please stop at a pharmacy first" i said to him. He tilted his head slightly towards me
"Its not safe miss, if you want any i'll just tell lady oh, she probably has it"
"No, just stop at the pharmacy." I said with a firm voice, he sighed.
 
He stopped in front of a small pharmacy and i didn't wait for him to open the car door, i immediately went out and straight to the pharmacy,luckily i was the only customer and Jonghyun stayed guarding the door. The pharmacists eyes grew big when he saw me but i just smiled at him.
"Please give me bandaids, betadine and scar cream as well. " i asked and he immediately grabbed the things i need. I payed and said thank you and went out.

Jonghyun opened the car door for me and i was exhausted by the time i stepped home. I immediately sat on the sofa and took off my shoes and massaged them. Dad and Jungyeon arrived earlier than us, dad and Jungyeon went to my side and was asking if i was fine. I said yes, just tired. Jungyeon stood up and went to Jonghyun.

"Oppa, you have to get medicine for that" Jungyeon saw the scars on Jonghyun's neck and my eyes shoot to them. The things i bought was hidden on my purse that i stupidly left in the car. Im planning to give it to him later but it seems he wont need it since Jungyeon got to it first. Lady oh announced that dinner is ready. I walked to the dining table barefoot and ate a little, i excused myself and i went upstairs to my room. I immediately laid down on the bed still with my dress and make up on, i have no strength left. Gummy bears.

A knock on the door made me groan, because it means i have to stand up and answer whoever is at the door. Taking a deep breathe i stood up, opened the door and see Jonghyun standing with my purse and shoes in his hands. He gave me the shoes first and i took it, he handed me the purse but due to my lack of mental presence and strength it fell on the floor. The contents poured out.

We both knelt and our heads banged each other. Ouch was an understatement. He has a hard head alright. He said sorry and i said fine, we were picking up the things from my purse when he grabbed the white plastic with the things i bought earlier, our eyes met and our faces was so close that i had the urge to inch my face closer but then he cleared his throat. We stood up immediately when we picked up everything. My heart is beating like crazy. He was still eyeing the white plastic and looked at me
"Thats for you." I said to him not looking at his face, so i don't know if he did a reaction, probably not since he is Mr. Emotionless.
"Put medicine on your wounds, and thank you for protecting me today. And for the jacket. Good night." I said and bowed to him and quickly closed my door. Im catching my breathes. My heart is pounding. This is crazy.
Gummy bears.