CHAPTER 26

Fireworks

Early in the morning, Together with Omma and Appa we watched the morning news and it reported that the police had went to our house and arrested Dad, i cannot bear to see him being taken away so i stood up and went to where Jungyeon was sound asleep. A lot of thoughts is running in my mind as i tuck a stray hair of Jungyeon in her ears.

Will Dad be alright ? Will we be alright ? Who replaced Dad? Who did this to Dad? Can i solve this ? Can i do this ? 

(You can) his voice in my head and in that instant everything came back. He -- he doesn't love me anymore and whats worse, he left me just in time when everything else is falling apart. 

Jungyeon started to squirm and slowly open her eyes. She looked tired, she was crying the whole night as soon as we got here and she didn't stop until she fell asleep. She isn't used to this kind of life, but she doesn't complain because i am sure she knows better than to complain about anything right now. She asked if Dad already got arrested and i nodded, she looked down and i knew she was going yo start crying again, i hugged her.

"Don't cry anymore Jungyeonnie, i promise you i will get Dad out and find who did this to him, to our family." I said while hugging her, her crying toned down and i looked at her. Wiped her tears and smiled a little so she can at least have hope. Jungyeon is the one i have left, i have to protect her. Then the alarm from my phone broke my thought, it was 8 am and my phone reminded me that today is Krystal's engagement and I'm thinking whether we should go or not, it will be full of people from the company and the people affiliated with it and i don't think i can handle gossips about us right now. I decided to call Krystal.

"Hey." She answered on the first ring

"Hi ummm."

"I know. You wont come. I do think too its for the better, with the things you've gone through yesterday."

"Yeah. Im sorry."

"Dont be. Hows Jungyeon?"

"Shes beside me and she wanted to let you know that she really wanted to go but shes also sorry."

"Give her the phone." Krystal said. I gave Jungyeon the phone and they talked for a while, i saw Jungyeon chuckle a little bit and it also made me smile. Jungyeon handed me the phone back.

"What did you two talk about ? You two have been leaving me out lately." I said and i glared at Jungyeon and she only smiled at me.

"I told her that i would rather be there with you two than hang out with fake company people." I laughed at what she said, i forgot how feisty Krystal is.

"Hey, hows Mark and Minhyuk?" I asked, I'm really curious about her decision. I heard her sigh

"Mark has been really good to me, you know that I'm sure. But Minhyuk? Sigh. I told him already."

"Really ?? What did Minhyuk say? And what about Mark? Oh please tell him thanks again."

"Minhyuk didn't really answer me. He just said 'uhhh' his words, since he didnt have anything to say i just left."

"How about Mark does he know?"

"Yeah he does. You know what? What i like about Mark? He lets me make a decision for myself, he just supports me for what he and i think is right. He is being cool about me liking Minhyuk but i know he is jealous."

"He really might be jealous, but at least he is still there." A pang of jealousy hit me and i bet Krystal noticed it. Jungyeon raised an eyebrow as she listened.

"What is this feeling im getting from you? Why am i having the urge to ditch my party and run to you?" When i heard her say, i really wanted to tell her that i need her but being selfish wont help anyone so i held myself back. Fighting my tears back i took a deep breath in my mind.

"No, no need Krystal. You just gotta enjoy your party, at least enjoy it with Mark." I tried to sound the happiest as i can. She said alright and we hung up. When i put my phone down, Jungyeon was waiting for me to say something.

"Im fine. Were fine. Thats all you need to know. Were gonna be fine." I said to her but she didn't seem convinced. But she let it go.

We went downstairs and ate breakfast, i decided that i should go and look for a job, to at least be able to help Appa and Omma. When i wished to go back to my old life, i didn't think it would be in this kind of situation and although ill be doing the things Yoo Seungyeon did, its actually Gong Seungyeon doing the things she did, together with the whole package of craziness. 

I told Omma and Appa that i would go back and apply at the sandwich shop and i would leave Jungyeon at their care for a while. I just hope that despite the news, the people who knew me before would still accept me.

~~~~~~~~~
JONGHYUN's POV

"No Oppa, I'm sorry i cant do what you're asking me to. I have to go, Jungyeon needs me right now, i have to be strong for her, i know that if you still love me right now thats what you will tell me. I have to go oppa. I love you."

"Wait--" she hung up. Ugh ! No seungyeon ah... It shouldnt be this way ! I just want to die right now. I threw the old phone and it shattered to pieces when it hit the wall. That would be our last talk and yet it didnt happen what should really happen. She should have hated me, she should have screamed at me for leaving her at this time. She should have hated me... I slept the whole day.
--
*kriing kriiing* my new phone ringing woke me up, its already a new day yet its like the sun hasn't risen for me. When i checked the ID, it was Abeoji, it was the only number saved in the phone when i got it. I answered it immediately.

"Hello? Yes Sir?"

"Jonghyun ah! Did you just wake up?" His voice was happy, it made my heart quicken. 

"Uhh yes sir." Maybe he can hear my voice being very husky, i can hear it for myself.

"Oh really. Sorry about that haha." He laughed. Its my first time to hear him laugh. My heart felt happy, like -- like its about its about to explode.

"Uhhh yes."

"Jonghyun ah. Today is a good day, okay? Lets go out and eat, tell your mom arasso? I'll be sending someone to pick you up later at dinner. You did a good job son." My heart jumped the moment i heard him call me 'son'. For the first time in my 26 years of living, he finally called me son. My heart is about to jump out of me an dance around my room. I held the phone with my two hands as if its the most precious thing in the world.

"Yes sir! I will tell her ! Thank you very much sir !" I said with full of excitement

"Arasso. I'll see you later." He said

"Yes sir." He hung up. I put the phone down and stared at the wall. Wow, i -- ummm -- at a loss for words. He-- he finally saw me... As his son... He called me his son... I snapped back to reality

"OMMA !!!! " i shouted and ran outside where Omma was washing the cabbages. I hugged her when she stood up.

"Ay yah ! You shocked me !" She said and tapped my back.

"Omma ! Abeoji called !" My eyes reflected on hers and i can see my eyes widening.

"Called? Waeyo?" Her eyebrows furrowed and her face was full of worry.

"He said we will eat out later at dinner omma !!! He will pick us up !!! Omma ! This day has come ! He finally called me son omma !!!!" I hugged her again. And then broke off. Before running inside the house back i told omma that she should be beautiful, she should wear something nice.

I ran back to my room and laid down on my bed. Took a deep breath with a smile on my face. Finally this day has come, the day i have been waiting for all my life.

But suddenly a picture of someone suddenly came in my mind, my smile disappeared.
"Im so sorry Seungyeon ah. Im being so selfish and very mean. I hope that someday i can explain to you why i did what i did."

~~~~~~
JONGHYUN OMMA's POV

He ran back inside the house like a little child. Its only my second time to see him so happy in all his life. The first time was when he came for my birthday, he said his life was so good and that he feels very happy in his job, he never told me why but his smile that day was like he owns the world, like he is the happiest man on the universe. I asked him if it was a girl making him that happy and he only smiled. This time, he is happy like a child who got a new toy, like someone pulled out the kid in him. But who can blame him? He has worked so much and been hurt so many times just to be recognized as his fathers's son. I don't know what errands his father makes him do but i never felt relaxed at all since he started working for his father, but i cant tell him no, all his life the only goal he ever wanted was to have his father look on him and call him son.

My son, he is such a good person with a beautiful heart. I just hope that whatever his father is making him do, it wont change him. I don't want him hurting.


--------------------
Hello! I had classes yesterday so i wasn't able to update. Im missing Our couple each day but seeing them being successful individually makes me very happy for them. AND ! IT SEEMS TO ME THAT EVER SINCE SY POSTED COOKING, JY HAD BEEN DOING THE SAME THING. Ugh my imaginations running around :)
COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME AND THANK YOU GUYS ALWAYS !!!