CHAPTER 1

Fireworks

I am Seungyeon, Yoo Seungyeon, currently a fourth year college student, readying to graduate as a journalist. I love books, when reading i always find myself to be living in the characters story or to be introduced to the world by letters and letting your imagination run wild and free. Just like any girl, i dream of falling in love. I imagine the special moment to be in slow motion and fireworks in the starry sky and seeing THE ONE in front of you. But because that hasnt happened yet i guess i havent felt in love yet.
Today is the first day of classes and as im walking im texting Krystal. She is the kind of girl that is chic and cold towards others, but once you get to know her, she is very dorky and energetic. I dont even remember how we became friends and why, she is the 2nd daughter of a big company and im just a daughter of a cook in a restaurant somewhere in Hongdae, but im not embarassed. Its just that Krystal is very luxurious while i am just happy with a white shirt and jeans. But anyways, we get each other and weve been friends for 7 years.
"Yah! Where are you? Are you at school already ?"
"Yah yourself ! I just parked the car. Get me iced americano please ^^"
"Come and find me then."
I went to the coffee shop and got 2 iced americano, just as i was done Krystal was beside me.
"Youre early" Krystal said as i handed her the coffee
"Omma woke me up early" 
"Thanks, soooo we have 3 subjects together and 4 without."
"Yeah.... What would you do without me ?" I said jokingly in a sarcastic way
"I can manage for your information hahaha" she answered in the same tone.
Actually, Krystal always has a bodyguard with her, he used to wear a suit and a earpiece and follow us around but it caught attention so Krystal pleaded his father to remove it or if not atleast make the bodyguard blend in with the students so as not to catch attention. Krystal is very beautiful an intelligent and sporty, almost perfect thats why boys flock her but she is never interested.
We got to our room and chatted while waiting for the class to start. At lunchtime, i was craving for fruits but the only fruit served was melons so i thought nevermind. After lunch, going through our classes together, Krystal and I separated to go on our own classes. I told her i have part time job after school so we wont be able to catch each other after school. She said to just text and lets just see each other tomorrow. We waved goodbye and after my classes i headed to my job, changed into the uniform and my duty is at the cashier. While working, i get to observe people, like the couple at the end near the washroom. They are stuck together and showing aegyo endlessly, too cheesy. I bet they just started dating. And the kid near the entrance, whining about the pickles in his sandwich and his mom insisting him to eat it.
*ding* "welcome to subway! What can i get you?" 
A tall guy came in wearing a black hooded jacket and black cap, his white skin stands out in what he was wearing and he has long lashes. I didnt notice i was staring at him when suddenly our eyes met and for a moment i thought i was going to melt under his stare. I looked down and gathered my thoughts, feeling embarassed
"Sorry, what can i get you?" I said looking at the monitor
"Eherm" he cleared his throat. " classic sandwich please"
"What drink would you like with it sir ?"
"Orange juice" his voice is low and somehow reminds me of flowers, why?
"Would that be all sir ?"
"Yes"
I charged him and he handed me his card, our skin touched and i felt electrified. I immediately retracted. Thats weird, you are weird seungyeon ah... Gathering my thoughts i handed him his card back together with his order and he seems to be in a hurry, he just said thanks and grabbed his order and headed out. Watching him, i saw his wide back, wow he looks like he can fight well, his girlfriend must be lucky.
Anyways, after work i headed to the convenience store before heading home. Appa told me to buy a few things. Standing in line at the cashier the TV was playing and a report about finding the lost daughter of Mr. Gong of  Brown Companies caught the attention of netizens claiming that they are the daughter. Brown Companies is the biggest company in Korea, they have their hands in everything, agriculture, technology, media just name it and they are a part of it, maybe thats why everyone is going crazy about the news.
"Whoever the lost daughter, must be very lucky" 
The cashier said as i was paying. Walking home, i thought about the lost daughters situation, to grow without her family must be very hard, but to be in a family under the limelight must e harder-- but thats her problem, not mine.
Reaching home, appa welcomed me, hugging me and for a moment i knew something was wrong. With my eyes big and curiosity i asked appa if everything was alright.
" oh ? Yes ofcourse my daughter, everything is fine"
Thats weird, appas voice is shaking "wheres omma ?"
"Huh? Omma is in our room, she'll be out later, let her rest."
"Rest? Why is she sick ? OMMA!" I shouted
"Keep your voice down daughter, shes fine. You must be hungry, i cooked"
Appa pushed me to the dining table and made me sit, i was sure something was wrong
"Appa, did you and omma fight?"
"No ! Of course not! Why would we fight ?"
"Then whats wrong? Youre acting weird"
"Am I? No im not! I told you nothings wrong, eat."
"I dint believe you. But if you dont want to tell me i wont ask anymore, ill just wait for you to tell me." Grabbing my chopsticks "thank you for the meal !"
Appa just stood and watched me eating, i looked at him while chewing. He smiled.
"Thank you for being a good daughter our seungyeonnie" appa said while patting my head. He turned around and called omma to eat.
Is e being sentimental again? It happens once in a blue moon, he acts as if im going to disappear, as if theyre never gonna see me again. It gives me goosebumps.
Waaaaah appas food sure is the best ! It always gives me strength! Minutes later omma and appa joined me in the table. The strange atmosphere gone and were all laughing. Seeing my parents happy already makes me so much happier than them. I love them so much ! They are the best !