CHAPTER 22

Fireworks

The days have passed, Krystal's engagement gets nearer by the day, Oppa and i gets happier with each other, Jungyeon grows hyper, Dad smiles everyday, Omma and Appa's lives got better thanks to Dad's help and Ms. Han has done her work. Now I'm learning business, i have put aside my love for novels and school and instead focused on how to manage a company since Dad said both Jungyeon and i will inherit everything he owns, but Jungyeon already gave up and told me that she'll just help me with what she can... Dad readies me for the future and that means me handling the biggest company in South Korea.

I get busier everyday, almost no time to  myself and oppa will just sometimes sneak in to check on me and give me fighting spirit. But no one can beat my spirit when it comes to my family. FIGHTING!
------
Dad said i should come with him to the company meeting so i should learn with experience, and i did. I listened and paid attention on how they discuss business and how to make decisions. Everyone was very welcoming of me. One part of the meeting, they said that the budget of the company strangely lowered and some funds disappeared so Dad assigned Mrs. Min of accounting to find out what happened. Whew, too much had been in my head that i was glad when the meeting ended. Dad told me i was done and can have the rest of the day for myself, i was about to leave when Mr. Lee invites me for a cup of coffee. I don't really like drinking coffee so i said i would go for a tea so we went and i don't know why but a strange air was forming when i sat on the table with Mr. Lee--Oppa was far away from us and i think he felt the strange air too because his face was very flat, cold but colder than before. Strange.

"So Seungyeon ah.. How have you been? As always you are beautiful." Mr. Lee said with a smile and somehow i found his smile beautiful. He must have been handsome when he was young.

"Thank you for the compliment Mr. Lee. Im am currently learning but i am doing fine. " i smiled at him. He sipped his coffee and took a look at Oppa for a moment. He then talked about me and Jungyeon, how everyone was searching for me and other things.

"There must be a lot of men lining up to court you Seungyeon ah"

"Uhhh. Thats not true, and if that should be possible haha I'm not really interested." I smiled.

"Your father is very fond of you. Don't disappoint him alright?" Theres something in his voice, I'm not sure but somehow i felt a strange feeling towards Mr. Lee. I threw the thought away. I only smiled as an answer. Then Mr. Lee looked at his watch, told me that he should get back as he is a busy man, so we said goodbyes and i bowed to him as he left. Oppa came close to me and asked if we should go and i said yes.

In the car, on the way home i talked to oppa.

"Oppa, when you were working for Dad, have you met Mr. Lee?" I asked oppa and for a moment i saw him furrow his eyebrows.

"Yes i have met him a few times. Why do you ask?" He looked at me for a second then back to the road.

"I don't know... Theres something about him but i cant pinpoint. You know-- at the ball? You both look related. Isn't your surname Lee also?"

"A lot of Korean has a surname Lee Seungyeon ah, but that doesn't mean everyone is related." No expression. Oppa is serious. Why?

"Why are you so serious Oppa? Are you not feeling well?" I held his hand and kissed it. His lips slightly went into a smile and he looked at me.

"Nothing. Just a headache. But your kisses will make it go away." He said and he kissed my hand. I gave him a smile and told him to drink medicine when we get home. When we got home oppa told me he will go look for Lady Oh so i went up to my room, before my room i checked if Jungyeon was in hers but she was out. When i got to my room, i changed clothes and checked my phone.

"Hey, the engagement party is in a week. Im scared and haven't really made a decision yet. So you better attend the party. I need you." Text from Krystal. She must be so scared, not letting Minhyuk know what she feels and trying to get to know Mark at the same time must be stress for her.

"I wont miss it. I'll bring Jungyeon, she is much more knowledgeable about your situation. Shes smarter than me haha. Relax, laugh a little. Love yah" i replied. And then a knock came in and Lady Oh opened my door.

"Dinner is ready miss." I stood up and followed Lady Oh to the dining area.

"Please join me. Seems like i'll be eating alone." I said to Lady Oh and she smiled. Later all the staff joined me to eat including Oppa, seated at the end away from me. After dinner i went outside and took in the air...

"Hey..." His voice is so familiar that o dont get shocked of him. I turned around and saw him walking towards me. I peeked on the window and saw no one. Were safe.

"Hi. Are you feeling better ?" I asked as he turned me around from him and hugged me from the back and placed his head on my shoulder.

"Now im feeling fine." As he snuggled and sniffed me.

"You're being too sweet. Whats wrong ?" Though i love his cuddling, he is not usually like this especially in the house when someone can suddenly see us.

"What? Nothings wrong. I just missed you thats all... You've been very busy and i cant even kiss you goodnight." He said and kissed my cheek. I love how his arms are around me, i feel so secure.

"You know why i am busy. And you can always kiss me goodnight, just make me remember it as i sometimes forget. Okay?"

"Okay." His breath tickled me as he smiled.

"Alright. Im recharged." He said and broke the hug. "I have to go somewhere so take a rest okay?" 

"Where are you going ?"

"Just somewhere." Thats doubtful.

"Somewhere? You're not going to meet girls are you?" 

"I actually am." He laughed and kissed the crease on my forehead. "Im gonna meet my mom, its her birthday." 

Oh... Now i got an information. I smiled.

"Well tell her happy birthday." My smile widened.

"I know that smile. Youre happy i shared something. I told you, little by little." He said.

"I know.. Go, you cant make her wait." As i shooed him away he kissed me on the nose and left. Just as he left Dad arrived...

"Hi dad." As i welcomed him.

"Oh Seungyeon ah. Have you had your dinner ?"

"Yes dad. You seem exhausted."

"I am. A lot of problems are arising in the company and i don't know where i went wrong." Dad said as he sat on the  couch. Lady Oh gave him a glass of water.

"Whats wrong ?" I asked as i sat beside dad.

"Theres a problem with the funds, and the staff seems to be upset about something. If this continues, the company might face a bigger problem." Dad sighed.

"Is there anything i can do to help?" 

"For now you study hard Seungyeon ah. I'll take care of this." Dad smiled a little at me. He tapped me on the back and had his dinner and i said goodnight and went to my room.

With things going around, I need to keep my head straight. I have to.