CHAPTER 30

Fireworks

"Seungyeon ah, there will be a ball at Brown Companies and were short in people. We need to deliver sandwiches that they ordered, is it alright for you to take it ?"

First that came to my mind when i heard it was WHY OUR SANDWICHES ? What i know is they usually hire chefs to do catering just like when i attended the ball last time. AND WHY ARE THEY HAVING A BALL?

"Ummmm..." I stuttered.

"I know its a big favor Seungyeon ah, but if you really cant do it, its fine. I would just do it." Boss unnie said and i felt guilty and pressured, knowing that she understands my situation, she wouldn't ask me if she doesn't really need to. I sighed.

"Its okay, what do i need to do unnie?" I said in a giving up voice, i tried to keep a straight face

"Really? I mean if its not, its alright Seungyeon ah." Her expression was really concerned. Please don't make me change my mind.

"Yes, its alright." I said and managed to put on a smile. Her expression brightened.

Unnie gave me the job order and its not gonna be so bad, i just have to lead the delivery team and have the in charge to sign the papers, i don't really need to go to the ball. Relief came to me.  We will go later about 6pm, i still have time to prepare my mind.
-------------------
KRYSTAL's POV

My father said there will be a ball at Brown Companies, father said it has to do something with introducing Mr. Lee's only son. We didnt know he had a son, they said that the case was just like Seungyeon's. The lost son was found and now being introduced to the world, how many lost children are out there ? I asked Mark if he met the son, he said yes but he wouldn't tell me, he said that i might go nuclear if i tell him so he just said to wait for the announcement and the anticipation is killing me. The ball is later tonight and i wondered about Seungyeon, knowing that his father is about to be free in a week, and Mr. Lee running the company, introducing his son puts all the attention to Mr. Lee's son. How would they react to all of this ??? Mr. Lee is acting like he has been the President of the company for years and it makes me a little bit mad, i'd like to think he has something to do with the set up of Seungyeon's father if he continues to act like this.

*kring kring*
I looked at the ID of the caller, it was Seungyeon. I answered.

"Yep?" I said

"Hey... Heard there's a ball." Her voice, a little bit shaking.

"Yeah... How'd you know ?"

"Im gonna deliver the sandwiches?" WHAT ?

"What?? What sandwiches ??? Since when did they order sandwiches ?" My mind is blown away, since when did that company order outside food ?

"I know right ? Weird but-- i have no choice, were short in people and i have a job to do." Her voice, i know that tone very well, she is scared and nervous.

"Dont worry, everything will be ok." I said, trying to comfort her

"I know. Its just that i cant help it, its like the universe is telling me that i should be scared, have you ever felt this ? Like something bad is going to happen ?" Her voice was a bit trembling now, worse than before.

"Hey, nothing bad is going to happen. Okay? Take deep breaths, you're just stressed out." 

"Thats it right ? Im just stressed with everything ? That should be it." She said, not for me but for herself, she was convincing herself and her tone was just breaking my heart. And if this is what im feeling, it must be double for her.

"Hey, next week will be great right ? Mr. Gong can go home right ? You can be back to normal?" I said, hoping that she will somehow feel happy.

"Yeah--- right. We will be together next week." She sounded relieved, i succeeded.

"Good to hear ."

"You'll attend to the ball right ? Can we sneak to see each other ?" I smiled.

"You know thats my expertise right ?" She chuckled.

"I'll text you later okay? I'll let you get ready." She said.

"Arasso. Love you." I can imagine her smiling.

"Love you too, see ya." We both hung up. I got ready for the ball and as i was just done putting on my dress, a knock on my door came. I went to the door and opened it, Minhyuk in an all black suit fitted to his body made me gasp. It was very different from his usual look. Our eyes met. He looked at me. I inhaled to gather my thoughts. He cleared his throat.

"The car is ready, Mr. Jung will be leaving first, he said he'll just see you at the company." He said, looking straight at me.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be down in 10 minutes." He nodded and bowed. I closed my door. Leaned on it, butterflies are in my stomach. But Mark gives me the same feelings, what the hell?? I shook my head, throw away my thoughts and gathered my things. After preparing everything, i went downstairs and i got in the car, Minhyuk was driving and as we were on the road , Mark called.

"Hey, are you on your way yet ?" His deep voice always ha an effect in my body.

"Yes, im on my way." I looked at the rear view mirror and caught Minhyuk steal a glance.

"Oh, okay. I'll wait for you. Hey--" he said

"What?"

"Don't get mad at me okay when you get here okay?" 

"Is there a reason i should be mad at you when i get there?" I asked, he is making me frustrated with all the anticipation and clues he is giving me.

"Yes, but not at me... So don't be mad at me okay?" He said with a sweet voice and i smiled.

"Lets see." I said coldly but im just joking.

"I bet you're smiling right now. I'll see you." He hung up, he knows me very well now. I looked at Minhyuk and he isn giving me anything.

We arrived at the company and at the entrance i saw Mark, just as Minhyuk got out of the car, Mark already opened the door for me and Minhyuk just stood beside him. I thanked Minhyuk and he bowed, he gave the key to the valet and i linked arms with Mark and we entered. Everything was grand, music playing, people holding champagne glasses, the design was just grand, upgraded than before. I sighed. Mark looked at me, he held my hand tightly. I looked at him.

"So, where the reason i should be mad ?"

"He just went up the stage." He said and i looked at the stage, Mr. Lee was holding the microphone gathering everyone's attention. But my attention wasn't at him. It was on the man who was holding a champagne glass, in a suit which was made especially for him, smiling with dimples and i felt heat running through me, anger, and hate was running in my emotions. Mark saw my reaction and tightened his hold on my hand and leaned in my ear.

"You cant go nuclear okay? Its a formal occassion. We'll talk to him later." He said but it didn't really got processed in my head, then suddenly a waiter was holding a tray with sandwiches asking us if we want any -- my heart raced, and Minhyuk suddenly gave me my phone, it was ringing and i saw the ID caller. Seungyeon.

"The universe was right." I whispered.

"What?" Mark asked "Aren't you gonna answer that? " he looked at my phone and his eyes grew when he saw the caller.

I answered the phone.

"Seungyeon ah." Just as i said her name, the man in the stage looked at me and his eyes grew big and bore into mine as if i called his name, Jonghyun. Lee Jong - hyun.

------------------------
Sorry for having too much POV but i think i really need it to relay every emotion i want to give you guys. But im getting excited for the story that i keep on forgetting to update the THAT THING CALLED DESTINY haha, but i will surely get back to that.