CHAPTER 5

Fireworks

When we arrived at ommas and appa's house, they were just preparing for lunch, i helped them and we ate lunch. We invited Mr. Emotionless but he said he is fine, we had tried every reason until i got tired and told him that I'm ordering him to sit and eat! Ah really this guy is like a stone ! I sat in front of Appa and Jonghyun ssi sat beside Appa facing omma. We ate in silence but i think Appa is fond of Jonghyun ssi as he kept on smiling at him. When we were done eating, i helped omma wash the dishes and Mr. Emotionless said that he'll be at the yard. Omma and Appa and i chatted, talked about how my night was at Mr. Gong and other details. I didn't notice it was already 3pm and i suddenly remembered Jonghyun ssi outside, before going to him i went to the kitchen and prepared a sandwich and poured orange juice in a glass and went outside.

There! Sitting in the bench with his legs crossed and his one arm draped on the bench, the sunlight shining down on him and he sparkles and for a moment i thought it was a photo shoot. I was dazed for more than 5 seconds when he felt my presence and those burning brown eyes looking at mine. Wooooooh, why is it hot ? He stood up and i laid the tray to the small table beside the bench. He looked at it then back to me, cant you even feel surprised ?!?!?
"Eat, i'll just pack a few things and we can go." I said a little bit shy on how he is looking at me. He said he'll eat well and that was it, another dead end so i turned around and headed to my room. 
I packed a few clothes, books, and a few necessary things. When i was done, i said goodbye to omma and appa, then Jonghyun ssi took my luggage and we drove off.

Tomorrow, i have to face the day like nothing has changed, i think i can handle that, but-- can i handle the day after the announcement ??? (Sigh) i always thought that Krystal was having it easy, but then i realized she was having a hard time but chose not to acknowledge it. Can i do the same thing ?

When we arrived, i was about to go the trunk and get my luggage but then Jonghyun ssi's presence reminded me that i dont have anything to do. If i tell him to speak, read, taste, hear for me, i bet he will do it. (sigh) i think i should feel happy, isnt this what princesses lives are in the books? But for some reason im feeling sad. Heading to my room, Jonghyun ssi following me with my luggage, going to the dressing room i was shocked to see it was full of clothes, my mouth hang open and i looked at Mr. Emotionless for answer.

"Mr. Gong ordered me to get clothes for you, appropriate for your daily life and special occasions."  NO WAY ! This is completely not my style ! Im like more of a shirt-jeans-sneakers kind of girl !!! But the clothes ! Heol....
Jonghyun ssi placed the luggage on the side, asked me if i want him to unpack it i said just leave it there. Everything is too much.. How can i keep up?
----
I woke up and remembered that i luckily packed pants, THANK GOD. I showered and fixed myself. Ate breakfast. The bomb for the day was learning that Jonghyun ssi was going to be at my side everyday for the rest of my life. That means, house-school-work (which dad insists i resign)-everywhere i want to go- house.
OH MY FREAKING GUMMY BEARS ! Remembering how Krystal was so ashamed when his bodyguard was in a suit and following us around haunted me, my eyes grew big !

"But--i can handle it. Im 23 years old. I can take care of myself."
"I know you can take care of yourself, but its for your protection" dad says... No, this is not happening!
"Well, nobody knows yet. Im still safe right ?"
"We dont know seungyeon ah, there are sneaky papparazis everywhere. Thats why you need Jonghyun, in case somebody finds out and try to harass you or something." 

My head is spinning. I looked at Jonghyun ssi. Black suit, earpiece, handsome face, looking like an action movie star. I can just imagine the reaction of people when they see Mr. Emotionless at school, especially that its a women's university !

"How can he even get in? Im studying in a women's university!"
"Thats already arranged, i already talked to your school." Thats when it hit me, INFLUENCE. Sigh

"Can he at least change clothes ? Like a student at least? I don't think i can handle people staring at me with a bodyguard thats like from a movie" i said in a low, giving up voice. Dad and i looked at Jonghyun ssi, dad seems to get what im thinking so he nodded. And my face brightened up, Finally!

"Jonghyun ah, do you have clothes besides your suits ? Like student like clothes?" Dad asked him and he said he has other clothes but not suitable for school. I looked at both of them and i'll be late for school if this dilemma continues. So i have to fix this.

"Alright, we'll just stop somewhere and buy you clothes, i'll be late if this continues. Lets go." I stood up and when i was about to leave, dad gave me a black card. He said that i can use it as much as i want. I immediately took it and said goodbye. Jonghyun ssi and i immediately drove off.
I was looking or the perfect store on the way and when i did i told Jonghyun ssi to stop and we'll buy his clothes there. Although he had a cold and expressionless face, you can see he is looking taken aback. I grabbed jeans, white shirt, bag, shoes for him and told him to fit it in the dressing room. He did and when he got out.

My heart was beating crazy, everything went slow motion as he stepped out and flipped his hair, i--i don't know what to say, what to do, what to feel. As he stood, our eyes met, i felt lost in his eyes, my stomach churning and my knees feeling weak. I cant seem to break out from his stare. His tall build, wide shoulders, brown eyes, chiseled nose, soft lips -- all in front of me. 
(Bang) the sound made me break from my thoughts, looked from where the sound came and learned that it came from the TV of the store, a commercial of fireworks competition.

With my cheeks red, i told him were good to go, i payed for his clothes, he even tried to pay for it but i asked him if he was crazy. He just shut up and let me do the things. When he was driving, i was stealing glances of him. How can a simple white shirt look like God made it just for him? Omona. This is the first time to see him besides being in a suit. My gummy bears, this is like worse, girls would probably be swooning over him.

"Jonghyun ssi, when we get to school, please don't call me miss and please don't act like your ready to jump in a bullet for me" i said. 
"What should i call you then miss?" He asked
"Seungyeon or seungyeon ah. And in return i'll call you Jonghyun, --or o--op-pa..." Is the aircon on ? I suddenly felt hot. I heard him clear his throat.

When we arrived at school, the guards and professors didnt question his presence, the dean called for me and told me that she is a friend of Dad and that she knows already, she told me that Jonghyun is a special student that is sent to the university to observe. And that i can share that information. Maybe this is the same reason Krystal had for her bodyguard. Atleast Krystal's bodyguard is not alone anymore, he'll have a friendly Mr. Emotionless here.

When we got out of the office. He was following me like a dog. I turned around and saw that he is just a foot behind me, making me shocked at his unbottoned shirt, slighlty revealing a part of his chest. Gummy bears.

I had to step back and take a breathe, he was just looking at me. I gathered my thoughts.
"From now on, you'll call me seungyeon. Got it?" 
"Yes. Seungyeon ah" he said.
My heart racing crazily. Gummy bears.