CHAPTER 20

Fireworks

Ever since our talk on the roof, i have never questioned Oppa again about his life details, sometimes he would throw informations little by little like how he played when he was a child, how he loved fishing when he was young, his dreams of traveling and other things but not anything about his family details. I still wonder why he wont talk about it, but i don't want to put an gap between us so i let it go. Im sure he will tell me when its time.

"Seungyeon, tomorrow night will be the company's annual ball. I think its just right for you to attend together with Jungyeon, since you are now a part of this family and the company. Itll be perfect to meet people affiliated with our company." Dad said as we were eating breakfast.

"Will Jungyeon be able to come and attend?" Jungyeon went to London for a fashion show, she was a special guest and one of the designer is her friend.

"Shes already on her way home, she texted me that she already boarded a plane and she will be here i think tomorrow morning ?"

"I haven't checked my phone, ill talk to her later."

"Are you nervous?"

"Of course dad. Who wouldn't be ? Im still learning and i haven't really adapted to this life yet but it seems i have to for tomorrow."

"You don't have to force yourself my daughter, you're already beautiful and i have to thank your mother for that. You have learned the basics on how to present yourself and if you're worried that you will disappoint me don't, just be yourself. Thats the best." Dad smiled and i did too. Right, i don't have to pretend. I shouldn't.

After breakfast i called Krystal, she told me she will attend the ball too. She told me that after she greets everyone she'll sneak out, she doesn't want to be in a same roof with her soon to be husband. I told her that id like to meet Mr. Tuan and she said good luck.
---
"Unnie !!!!" Jungyeon woke me up, 4 in the morning. Feeling groggy and too early to wake up i told her to just lay down beside me, i opened the blanket for her and she took of her jacket and shoes. She laid down beside me and hugged me, i smiled.

"Unnie, i have always wanted to sleep with a sister and now youre here we can do everything i have always imagined !" She is hyper even in 4am

"Hmmmm. Hows London?" I asked her  still with my eyes closed.

"Unnie, you should come with me next time ! Everything was just beautiful, oh and you would love it there! Theres a small library that i saw there that was just so beautiful, it was small but it had a garden in its entrance and it was just like a painting !" I imagined what she was saying and it seems beautiful.

"Arasso, for now lets just sleep. I have to recharge for later." I hugged her tight and she kissed my nose. I smiled.

"You have Jonghyun oppa for that haha, but good morning unnie. " and she snuggled closer, i opened my eyes for a moment and saw that her eyes closed. I also slept as much as i can.

Lady Oh knocked on my door, waking us up, it was already 10 in the morning and we missed breakfast, Jungyeon went to her room when we woke up. I asked if dad had breakfast and Lady Oh said that he did and went to the office. He told Lady Oh that we should go to the company at 5.

Jungyeon and i had lunch and went to the parlor. Oppa was with us the whole time and the three of us was just like friends, Jungyeon doesnt mind when oppa kisses the back of my hand while we were on the car, she just said that someday her Mr. Right will be much better than Oppa and i told her thats impossible.

While on the parlor, i told Oppa that he would get bored, so he can do what he wants but he told me he'll wait for us. He squeezed my hand away from the sight of everyone. Sometimes i get tired of hiding, id want to shout to everyone that he is my boyfriend and i love him so much. Sigh.

They did my hair, my nails, my make up and we were done. I wore a black long dress, hugging my waist and showing my back with a see through lace design behind. Together with diamond earring and a beautiful necklace i was ready. Oppa smiled at me when he saw me and Jungyeon clapped. She was wearing a white dress with long sleeves and we both were complimenting each other.

We were just in time when we got to the ball. Before i get out of the car i took deep breaths and oppa smiled at me for support. Jungyeon linked her arms with mine as we walked towards the event, flashing lights showered us as we walked and we were greeted by an ocean of people as the door of the hall opened for us. Everyone looked at us and my eyes grew big, i tightened my hold on Jungyeon and Oppa slightly tapped me in the back. Dad greeted us and we kissed him, Jungyeon and i went to his side and linked arms with dad. He took us to the stage and i thought i was gonna faint, i looked at oppa who was at the stairs of the stage and he smiled slightly.

"Ladies and gentlemen, everyone. What a good evening this is, everyone having fun and celebrating every achievement Brown Companies has achieved and of course most especially mu daughter Seungyeon" dad looked at me and i did to him, then i saw Jungyeon with a wide smile and i looked at the crowd, i smiled and bowed slightly just as Ms. Han had taught me.

"Now that my family is complete, having blessed with two beautiful daughters, i hope we can have this evening with full of joy and happiness. Cheers !" Dad raised his glass of champagne and Jungyeon and i were given glasses too, raised it up and cheered with the crowd.

After being introduced, i saw Krystal enter and she wasn't looking happy. She wore a very y black mini dress that accentuated her slender body, i smiled. Her bodyguard that i always saw with her was behind her and with another man beside him.She looked like a high school girl rebelling, and she is. I approached her. 

"You look angry" i said and kissed her cheek.

"I am. Dad dragged me here, i have 4 bodyguards now. " she said and i looked at the two suited guys behind her, she said that the other two was outside. She grabbed a champagne glass from the waiter and drank it one shot. 

"Dont get drunk now, please." I pleaded. I wouldn't want her to ruin the night and be embarrassed after.

"Hello ladies." A low voice behind me said and i turned around, a man in his suit which fits him perfectly greeted us and was smiling at me and then at Krystal. I looked at Krystal and she was fuming. It didn't take me a lot of time to analyze who the guy was. Mark Tuan. He offered his hand to me and i took it.

"Hi, I'm Mark Tuan. Its my first time to meet you Seungyeon ssi." His hands were soft, probably softer than mine. From my right side i heard oppa clear his throat an i immediately let go of Mark's hand.

"Yes of course. Its also my first time to meet you." He wasn't even looking at me, his eyes were on Krystal and i looked at her again and she was raising her eyebrow at Mr. Tuan.

"What? Whats with your creepy smile?" Krystal snapped at him.

"You look very lovely today, Krystal ssi." He said, somehow i found him serious with his compliment, he seems nice.

"Whatever. Lets go Seungyeon ah" Krystal took my hand and dragged me. I smiled at Mr. Tuan and he did the same. It looked like he was expecting Krystal's reaction as he was looking amused rather thank shocked at Krystal's behavior.

The party was going smoothly, Krystal, Jungyeon and i were mostly talking and sometimes were introduced to some people, i also met Krystal's father and Marks father and everyone. I was getting dizzy and having a hard time remembering everyone but one person left a big impression on me.

Mr. Lee, he was tall and very manly. What made him impressive to me was that i can see oppa's features in him and it was weird. I looked at oppa behind me when we were talking to Mr. Lee and of course he cant smile at me because he has to act as my bodyguard. But it was just weird, for a moment i thought they were related, but Mr. Lee said that he doesn't have any son, just 2 daughters that unfortunately cannot attend the ball. After the dinner, the music kicked in and everyone was having a fun time and i excused myself to go to the washroom, oppa following me in the hallway, it was just us two and i turned around and hugged him, he smiled in my hair and i felt his lips kiss my neck.

"You're doing a good job, my love." He said as he broke the hug. I sighed and he fixed a stray hair on my face.

"Its because everyone is very warm to me that is." Our body was just inches away and i brushed his coat, he held my hand and kissed it.

"You are so beautiful. I just cant resist myself." He said and kissed my lips, suddenly our kiss became intense and he suddenly put both of his arms on the wall pushing me against the wall and my hands were on his hair and he kisses me hungrily and i did the same.

Breaking the kiss to catch a breath, we laughed and he said that my lipstick was gone, i told him i'll just retouch and i went inside the washroom, as i closed the door i took deep breaths and felt excited. After retouching, we went back to the hall and when i got back, everyone's attention was at the stage. In the stage, i saw Krystal and her 2 bodyguards behind her, his father and Mark Tuan.

"Everyone! I have good news !" Mr. Jung said with a big smile on his face while Krystal was just angry and Mark was just smiling and looking at Krystal. His looks to her seems genuine.

"My daughter will be engaged to Mr. Mark Tuan of  Tuan Enterprises. This is such a good day!" Mr. Jung proudly announced and everyone clapped and cheered. Then Mark, put his arms around Krystal and Krystal looked at him but did nothing. Mr. Jung passed the mic to Mark

"Thank you all for your cheers, i hope that you can all be happy for us and I'm so proud of how beautiful my future wife will be. Ill probably make you all jealous when we have our children in the future of how pretty they will be haha." He said and everyone laughed with him, Krystal faked a laugh. I don't know if i'll laugh too or what. They went down the stage and i went to Krystal and Mark and everyone was shaking hands with them and congratulating them, Krystal still in the arms of Mark.

"So, congratulations i guess." I said and Krystal gave me a disgusted look. I smiled at her and looked at Mark

"Thank you. Don't miss our engagement party ok?" 

"Of course." I answered and Krystal broke free from Mark's arms. And excuse herself, before i can follow her, Mark talked to me.

"I know she hates my guts. I know she told you everything about me I'm sure." He said and i nodded.

"Im also sure that she thinks of me as a playboy and she plans to stop the engagement and the wedding." I nodded again and sighed.

"But what she doesn't know is that she is the game changer." I looked at him and he was smiling a hurt smile, seriously talking, he seemed too honest.

"When i met her, i stopped playing. Im starting to like her." He smiled at me and i didn't know what to say.

"Please look after her." He bowed and thanked me and i was left speechless. I looked at oppa and he shrugged his shoulders.

Now where to find Krystal?

 

-----------
Sorry for not updating for a few days, i just attended GOT7's first fan meeting here in the Philippines and I'm still hung over. Also, my prayers go to the world, not only in Paris but all over the world that has been losing a lot of lives these days.

I'm now back updating so please cheer me on hahaha! Comments and suggestions are always welcome ! LOVE LOVE LOVE !