CHAPTER 3

Fireworks

"Seungyeon ah, he is Mr. Lee Jonghyun. Head of security of Mr. Gong"
"Nice to meet you, Seungyeon ssi"
-------
Jonghyun ssi told appa that Mr. Gong is inviting us tonight and it would be better if omma and appa came so he can thank them. My mind was obviously trying to catch up with everything that is happening. Must everything happen at this one night? Cant life take things slow ?
"What do you say seungyeon ah ?" Appa asked me and 3 pairs of eyes were looking at me. I looked at each one of them and one pair caught my eyes, the brown burning eyes, my face blank.
Omma came to me and hugged me, i really need their support right now, im feeling like i'll break into pieces sooner or later.
"Its fine seungyeon ah. Were her. Youre fine." Omma said as she was hugging me, i can smell her favorite perfume which smells like apples, smelling like home. I want to go home.
"Seungyeon ah. If youre not ready yet, we can do this another day." I would like that, but when i saw Jonghyun ssi's expression, it seems like he doesnt like that idea. I straightened up.
"No, lets just finish this today, i dont think i'll be able to sleep and handle this any other day, besides youre coming with me" i said. My will is strong. I am a strong girl. Everything will be alright. Right ? Ugh so much for self cheering.
Jonghyun ssi nodded and his face was just blank, cold, firm.
"We have the car ready and waiting for you. If you would, this way please." He gestured and i saw 2 more guys in a suit just like him. I feel like im in a movie. Is someone going to try and kill us? I laughed in my head.
"But we have our car" appa said
"Itll be much more comfortable if you ride with me. If you could give your car keys to Mr. Park he would drive it." Wow he is good with words, bodyguard #1 came near as Jonghyun ssi motioned him to come close. In my head i was smiling, this is purely like a movie.
Appa gave Jonghyun ssi the keys and handed it to bodyguard #1 and he left. Jonghyun ssi asked us to follow him and we did and bodyguard #2 followed right behind us. At the parking lot, omma and appas mouth was hanging as 2 black cars was waiting for us, okay now im quite sure theyve been in a movie or something.
"You can ride with me and Mr. Han will follow us together with Mr. Park with your car." Jonghyun ssi said as he opened the car door and we went in. When he closed the door, i saw him leave orders to the two bodyguards before entering the car. He told us that we'll be going to Mr. Gong's house. He started the car and he drove.
Omona, my head feels like a hot air ballon floating in the sky, im feeling sleepy and hungry and dizzy all at the same time and i feel like i'll throw up anytime soon.
"Seungyeonnie, are you alright ?" Appa worried i answered im fine
"Im sorry seungyeonnie, this must be hard for you" appa said holding my hands
"Appa dont be sorry, you have nothing to apologize for. Instead i should be thankful, now knowing that i was a stranger to you but you raised me with hard work means a lot to me. And dont worry, you raised me to be strong. I am a strong girl appa." I said with confirmation. I am a strong girl right? RIGHT? NO! This is not the time to doubt myself. I'll need every strength i have left. Minutes later we arrived in front of a hotel-- no-- wait, IS THIS IT ?!?!? THE HOUSE? This isnt a house ! Appa and omma and i were looking through the cars window with our mouths open. The house or should i say mansion looks 1000x bigger than our house. How many people do live here ?
Jonghyun ssi went out and opened the car door, he held out his hand to me but i didnt take it remembering how his skin felt before. I was kinda expecting he'll be disappointed but no, his expression is just flat, cold, no emotions at all. Not even a crease on his forehead. Are you a robot ? When we got out he escorts us to the BIG double door of he house opened by two maids, this scene really feels familiar from a movie. When we entered i cant help but gape on what i was seeing, high ceiling and a big chandelier, elegant furnitures and beautiful paintings around, i feel like im in a museum in Europe or something. Jonghyun ssi told us to wait in the living room which looked like a lounge of a hotel. He headed upstairs and the maids asked us what we would like, i answered cold water and coffee for omma and appa. When my water arrived i drank it one shot, i guess i was so thirsty. I saw pictures of a girl in the walls, do i have a sister ? Oh no, i grew up alone, i dont have any idea how to have a sister! UGH! My head hurts ! Too much for one night ! Keep calm seungyeon ah!
A few minutes later we saw Jonghyun ssi down the stairs together with a man after him looking all excited, he looks a bit older than appa, he went straight to me and hugged me. I didnt know how to react so i just stood straight. My knees are really shaking but i fought it. I am a strong girl remember ? When he broke the hug he held me in arms length, his hands on my shoulders and looked at me in the eye.
"You really look like your mother seungyeon ah, you have her eyes" then he looked at omma and appa, he offered his hands and appa took it and they shake hands "i cant thank you enough, i will be forever grateful for you both" he said.
They kept on saying thank you to each other when Jonghyun ssi cleared his throat and we all looked at him
"Dinner is ready sir"  again that cold face
"Have you eaten?" Mr. Gong asked and appa answered that we havent yet so Mr. Gong said that we should eat, he told us that because he doesnt know what food i like he just told the chef to cook everything. We sat in a very grand table that could probably accomodate 20 people. I sat facing omma and appa. Food was served and although i didnt have much appetite my mouth still watered, same for omma and appa. We ate and Mr. Gong would occassionally ask me how i am, what i like, what i dream of, what food i like and so on and so on. Okay so far, he hasnt given me any bad impression yet, but theres no connection yet.
"Mr.and Mrs. Yoo, i really wannna thank you for taking care of seungyeon, looking at her it seems to me you have raised her beautifully" he smiled and omma cant help her tears emotions anymore, she broke into tears. I was trying hard not to follow suit, ive cried too much for one night.
"Oh no ! Please dont cry!" Mr. Gong said holding ommas one hand while appa was ommas back.
"Just because i found seungyeon doesnt mean im going to take her away from you." Mr. Gong stated
Oh thats news, i was expecting for a fight to be together with omma and appa. Mr. Gong continued and omma and appa listened
"She is my daughter biologically. But she grew up in your care as your daughter  and i have accepted that you will always be with her and in her heart. So i just want to be a part of that, to be able to be a father to her, to make up for those lost years. Do you dislike having 2 fathers seungyeon ah?" They looked at me
"No, i dont" atleast i was able to answer.
"Im not a bad person, i wont be greedy of seungyeon. I just want to be a father to her. If you want you all can live ere and we all could be a happy family, our house is always welcome." Appa and omma seems shocked, i know the feeling.
"Thank you" i blurted, they looked at me. "Thank you for being nice. I thought i'll have a hard time with having 2 fathers but--- thank you for making it easy for me"
Even though tears were threatening, seeing them smile at me and the atmosphere a whole lot lighter, i smiled. We moved to the living room and we talked all about me and the past and how we are living. Mr. Gong seems happy about how i grew up, he kept on complimenting omma and appa. I also learned that i have a sister, her name is Jungyeon and she is excited to meet me, we have different mothers but Jungyeons died due to cancer. As our chat went on, omma yawned and appa asked if they could go home, Mr. Gong insisted that they sleep for the night but appa said no instead i should stay, that it was the right thing to do. I didnt want to but, i had no choice they are still my parents. We escorted omma and appa to the car and i hugged them and they hugged me tight, i said ill be back tomorrow. Jonghyun ssi gave them the car keys and they drove away as i waved goodbye. NOW WHAT ?
I turned around and saw Mr. Gong at the door waiting for me, i took a deep breathe.
"I can feel that you are uncomfortable and unsure, so i'll let you rest, everything must be too much for you for one night." He said exactly what is on my mind, maybe there might be a connection after all.
"If you'll be able to relax, we have a library here. You said you love books right ?" My eyes sparkled at the thought of books. I smiled.
"Jonghyun? Please show her the library and her room" Mr. Gong ordered
"Yes, sir" Jonghyun ssi nodded and went beside me.
"I hope youll feel at home, if you need anything just tell Jonghyun, he is very dependable. I'll let you rest ok?" Mr. Gong said and i felt him as a father. He left and Jonghyun ssi and I were left alone. A little bit awkward but it broke when i heard him speak.
"Where would you like to go first miss? Your room or the Library?"
"Library please"
He nodded and told me to follow him, seeing his wide back, i felt a sense of familiarity. When we turned left of the hallway, we ended up with a double door and when he opened it my mouth opened, i gaped at what i saw. Shelves after shelves of books !!! It looks like a dream! Its like every book i wanted is here! Am i dreaming? This doesnt feel real!
BUT IT IS. My mind shouted at me.
I am no longer Yoo Seungyeon. I turned out to be the most searched person in Korea an who knows maybe abroad. My parents left me here, but they are not really my parents. My mom is dead. My father is the richest man in Korea. My dogs are still at a daycare!!!!
I broke into tears, not just tears. I CRIED -- HARD. My knees felt weak, i knelt on the floor and cried hard
"Omaaaaaaaa..... Appaaaaaaaaaa"
I knew it !!!! I would snap somehow, i would breakdown from everything, from having too much at one night. My tears wont stop.
This is it. The meltdown.