CHAPTER 28

Fireworks

For the past few days, i think Gong Seungyeon is getting stronger, i have been working and handing Dad's case and taking care of Jungyeon and helping Omma and Appa well. I am proud of myself, i have always thought like this, that God gives you problems and obstacles because He is molding you to be a better person. 

Krystal and Mark seems to be improving, they decided to move back further the date of their wedding, since Mark is also on the decision, Mr. Jung didn't bother Krystal, i still wonder about Minhyuk. Oppa? I wont lie, i think of him everyday, even if i try not to, i still do. Why? Because i love him, even if he doesn't. Did i give up? Yes and no. Yes, i gave up for now, because he isn't my priority and I'm not his priority, Dad is the topmost priority as of every morning i wake up. And no i haven't given up, i will wait for the day until we meet in person and he tell it to my face that he doesn't love me anymore and that he has moved on. I need him to tell it to me even if it will break me apart, i need him to tell me, for him to look into my eyes and tell it to me straight.

"Unnie ! Dad's attorney is here !" Jungyeon shouted from downstairs, Dad's attorney visited us to explain how Dad's case is going. I went downstairs and greeted Mr. Hyun. Appa has work and Omma went to her friend so its only Jungyeon and i. We sat and we offered him drinks and a few biscuits

"So, i have good news" Mr. Hyun said and we automatically smiled, glittering with hope. "I might just be able to get your father out, sooner as expected." Jungyeon and i couldn't help but clap and i swear i tried my best to fight tears.

"Really??" Jungyeon asked and Mr. Hyun nodded.

"The court is convinced that your Dad was set up and he might be released in 2 weeks." Mr. Hyun said as his smile widened. Jungyeon and i hugged each other.

"After that, we can focus on the investigation on who set up your father."

"Do we have any lead or suspect as of now ?" I asked.

"As of now, everyone who worked under your father is a suspect, especially Mr. Lee, he replaced your father and he might have planned this whole thing." I gulped, the man who was all smiles when we met, the one who told me to take care of my father . Wow i just got goose bumps.

"That is all, no need to worry anymore Seungyeon ah, take it easy for now." Mr. Hyun tapped me in the shoulder and i cant control my tears anymore, it flowed down. Mr. Hyun was taken aback and he gave me a handkerchief.

"Don't worry, this is tears of joy haha." I said and laughed, this is a happy day. When times seems dark, there will be always a light for those who don't give up. As Mr. Hyun said he'll be leaving we hugged him and thanked him for his effort and escorted him out. After Mr. Hyun is gone, Jungyeon and i celebrated hugging each other and jumping up and down and screaming of cheers.

"Hey, we have to call everyone." I said to Jungyeon and we called everyone, Omma and Appa, Krystal, Lady Oh and everyone.

"Unnie, have you called Oppa? I can't reach him." Jungyeon asked and i froze, i haven't told her yet. Jungyeon noticed my reaction "unnie, is everything alright between you two ?" She stopped in front of me and held my hand, the moment we touched i broke down in tears. Just like how i broke down the night everything changed. My knees gave up and i fell to the floor, Jungyeon worriedly screamed my name.

"Unnie!!" Jungyeon knelt in front of me and wiping my tears which is useless, tears just keep on coming.

"He-- he doesnt -- lo --love me -- a -anymore Jungyeon ah." I said between my crying.

"What ? Thats impossible! What happened?!?"

"He said he is s--sorry, th-- that he doesn't lo--love me anymore."

"Well he was lying!" Jungyeon said in a much louder voice. I looked at her. And just kept on crying, Jungyeon hugged me and made me calm down. It was more or half an hour when i stopped crying and i felt so tired. This waves of emotions is killing me. I try to be happy then in a second i feel like dying from pain, sadness and hurt.

When i stopped crying, Jungyeon tucked me in in bed, before i can sleep i heard her call Krystal outside my room.

"Krystal unnie, Seungyeon unnie and Jonghyun oppa have broken up." She whispered but i can still hear. The moment i heard 'broken up' i felt like crying again. I don't want to hear anymore, i covered my face in the blanket. And fell asleep.

"She just broke into tears and had a break down, it was unstoppable for a while tears just kept on flowing and then she just stopped, thats when i brought her here and she fell asleep." Jungyeon's voice and words slowly woke me up. I can feel my bed having someone sitting at the end next to my feet.

"It must have been harder for her more than we thought." Krystal's voice. I wriggled to signal them that I'm awake and slowly sat up. They both looked at me with the same expression. That kind of expression that 'were so sorry we didn't know and you must be having such a hard time' expression. I tried to put out a smile but it was just useless. Krystal was the one sitting at the end of my bed.

"I brought spicy rice cakes and gop chang." She said in a sweet voice and i smiled, she brought my favorite foods. We went out to the kitchen and i saw Minhyuk at the door way, he looked at me and bowed.

"No Mark?" I asked.

"No Mark, he is helping his father in their company." Krystal said as she got us chopsticks.

"Must be awkward for you in the car." I said.

"Yeah, ever since i confessed to him, he became more distant."

"Who wouldnt ?" Jungyeon said and Krystal and i looked at her. " i mean, you confessed you like him unnie, yet he sees you liking Mark oppa. It must have been very confusing for him." Jungyeon said looking at Krystal. As usual, Jungyeon is much smarter when it comes to relationships. Krystal went silent for a moment, only stuffing herself with rice cakes.

"I am such a bad girl right?" Krystal asked after being silent.

"No, you are just a human, you get confused with your feelings too." Jungyeon said. Krystal nodded and looked at Minhyuk at the doorway. Their eyes met and as i look at them it looked like they were talking. But whats bad is i see myself and oppa at them. But having cried too much, i brushed the thought away.

We kept on eating and talked about other things, for a moment i forgot Oppa and when i realized i did i became scared. What if i completely forget about him ??? What if the day comes that i move on and just completely never think of him again ever ? I don't want that day to come.

We all finished the food and Krystal decided to go home.

---------------
JONGHYUN's POV

*ding*
"Hyung, she looked horrible but still beautiful. Just to let you know." Minhyuk's text. When i left i asked him to keep me updated about everything especially about Seungyeon ah. I bet they are all hating me now. 

I too hate myself now. I just left Omma, we had no choice but to follow Abeoji, i  had to leave Omma before Abeoji does what he told us that he'll take everything away. 

"Arasso. Thanks." I replied to Minhyuk.
She'll be fine, she's a strong girl. I have other problems to think of. I thought as i headed to Abeoji's office in his house, he'll be personally teaching me everything.

 

--------------------

i have classes today an until Saturday so i might not be able to update till then. But i'll try to squueze in sometimes. Thanks !!!!