CHAPTER 17

Fireworks

"In this kind of life, its all about connections. You'll either love it or hate it. Take advantage or loose." I remember Krystal said that when she was whining about her father taking her into different social occasions
----
"Then what did you say to your father?" I asked.

"Of course i yelled at him, why he has to do it to me too? Wasn't my older sister enough? He sold her then and he is selling me now ! I hate him!"  Her face turning red. This is the angriest Krystal i have ever seen. I looked at Oppa and he just shrugged, probably doesn't know what to do too. Then i looked at Krystal's bodyguard, his eyebrows creased and seemed annoyed. Hmmmm?

"Well then, what do you plan?" 

"I plan on being a missing person, wishing that they wont find me." She said and slumped on the couch.

"Well, i don't even know what to tell you besides be strong." She looked at me. 

"Why do i get the feeling that you are very happy and so positive these days??? Aren't you telling me something?" She said and i was taken aback, i took a glance at Oppa for a second and back to Krystal

"Uhmm. Nothing, its just that my family is so good to me right now and were all happy." I said and smiled. Krystal slumped even more.

"Good for you." She snapped, although with a tone of irritation, i knew she meant it.

"Maybe the guy is good, kind hearted. You never know."

"Mark Tuan is not a good guy, he is over confident and feels like he can do everything. He is also very luxurious too."

"Well, at least theres a similarity between you two haha." I joked but Krystal seemed to feel worse. " sorry, i was just trying to make you laugh." 

"I know. Sorry too."

"Well then. What would you like to do? To ease your mind ? I would suggest read a book but i know you hate that so i guess shopping?"

"No, I'm not in the mood to go out at all." She said and sighed. I looked at Oppa.

"Jonghyun ssi. Please ask Lady Oh to bring some snacks and drinks. Offer Krystal's bodyguard too if you will." I said and smiled sweetly at him.

"Yes miss." He said and bowed. When he raised his head he crinkled his nose at me. He went to the kitchen together with Krystal's bodyguard, i never learned his name.

Krystal and i continued talking, taking her mind off the problem and we talked about everything, from school, to boys, books, movies and everything under the sun and moon.

"So how are you adjusting to your new life ?" She asked while munching on a choco chip cookie

"Right now, everything is fine. But dad says, sooner or later i have to attend social meetings. Dad hired a teacher for me... To be a socialite. Sigh. Classes will start next week, after school."

"You'll be busy then. Sigh. What do we do?"

"My problem is not as big as yours. If that happened to me my bo--" i stopped. I almost made a mistake oh my gummy. Krystal looked at me raising her eyebrow.

"Your what? "

"My bodyguard would have to protect me of course." Weeeew. But kinda true, i thought.

"If only my bodyguard could protect me too. But he is under my fathers order." Krystal looked at her bodyguard  outside through a window with oppa.

"Im sure you'll find a way" i said and tapped her back. She is a smart girl and very strong. All i need is to cheer her.

Its almost dinner time, i offered Krystal dinner but she said no so we escorted her to her car and i hugged her goodbye. When she left and Oppa and i were left alone in the yard. Dad is in his office, Jungyeon is staying out late and the staff are inside the house. I sat in the bench and oppa stood at the end.

"I hope you can seat beside me and i would rest my head on your shoulders." I looked at him and pouted.

"I told you no pouting, you're making it hard for me to control myself." He smiled and i did too. I looked at the sky.

"Oppa, do you think this kind of life is suited for me ? The branded clothes, grand parties, smiling to everyone ? Next week ill have to be exposed to everything, and thats not me. Im scared." I looked at him and then he looked inside the house, checking for people, then he hurriedly kneeled in front of me and cupped my face.

"No matter what you become, its important to stay true to yourself, to be yourself in everything you do. You are a brilliant girl and thats why i love you so much, i know you'll do great. Okay?" He said looking in my eyes and i smiled. He then stood up and kissed my forehead. Then he hurriedly stood at the end of the bench and seconds later Lady Oh arrived announcing dinner is ready.

I stood up and was followed by oppa, he opened the door for me and when we were close i touched his hand for a moment and squeezed it. Hidden from the sight of Lady Oh. Now I'm feeling it, the challenge of a hidden lover. At first it was exciting, now its tiring- whenever i want oppa to hug me, or touch me for comfort we cant until everyone is knocked out. Sigh.

While walking towards the table, Lady Oh in front of me and oppa following in the back, suddenly oppa's head is beside me and his mouth on my ear, i squealed luckily Lady Oh didn't turn around.

"Smile princess. I love you." He whispered in mg ear and hurriedly distanced himself. I looked back and saw him smile at me and i did too. I continued walking blushing and with a smile on my face. How amazing that he can instantly change how I'm feeling. I sat in the table and dad is already seated. Jungyeon wont be joining us for dinner.

"Seungyeon ah, your teacher will be here tomorrow, just for introduction. Heard Mr. Jung's daughter was here a while ago?"

"Ah yes dad, you were busy in your office so i didn't want to disturb you."

"Thats fine, i heard shes getting married in three months." 

"She is, bit shes against it. Its arranged by his father." I said and looked at dada expression. His face is calm.

"That happens." I looked at dad and then at oppa behind dad, then back at dad.

"Uhm, will you do it to me too? Arrange a marriage ?" I asked with full of caution. Dad looked at me sincerely.

"Would you want me to?" He asked

"No." I answered instantly. Dad smiled.

"Haha, of course not my daughter. I want you to find love yourself. I wont care who he is as long as he is worthy of you. Your mom had a hard time because of me. I wont want the same thing to happen to you too and to Jungyeon." He smiled a sad smile as he said the last part. He never told me the story, only how i got lost and the search for me.

"What happened dad?" I asked. Dad looked at me.

"I was the only son of your grandfather, he wanted me to rise above everyone, and he did arrange a marriage for me too. But i was in love with your mother that i rebelled against your grandparents. But it only made everything worse, they chased your mother out, sent me abroad and never got back to help your mom. I only knew that i had a daughter when i came back and went to your moms house, thats when i learned she gave birth to a girl." Dad was completely sad but he maintained to keep himself from crying.

"Dont feel guilty dad, you did what you can. And were together now. I think mom would be happy." I smiled at dad and held his hand. He smiled a little and nodded. The food came and we ate. Putting every bad memory behind.

-----
Sorry for the late update. Just been very busy. This is just a filler guys :)