CHAPTER 27

Fireworks

The owner of the sandwich shop is a very good person, she understood why i decided to resign after she heard the news, and now that she heard the news about my father she understood too, she is an unnie to me and she understands what i feel when i said that i have to help my families, that i don't want to be a burden so she accepted me back to work.

Its been a few days since Dad got arrested and we have been discussing plans with Dad's attorney, he said that the investigations are still ongoing and we might just have a chance. Jungyeon and i have been visiting Dad maybe once or twice a week. I have been very busy with everything, work, Dad, investigations, evading the media who have been chasing us lately thats why i ask Jungyeon to stay at home, i have to wear a cap and glasses at work, still the owner understands. I have been so busy that i have no time to think of myself. Or him.

I only remembered him because Jungyeon was eating vanilla ice cream when i got home, when i saw the vanilla ice cream, it instantly made me remember its scent, then him, then Our moments and my heart ached. 
I just pray that wherever he is, he is happy.

I told myself to just ignore what he said, to think of it as if it never happened so i wont be bothered. But theres no helping it when i remember him in things i see or hear or smell, like he is there sitting in my brain, just waiting for a trigger to stand up and dance around in my thoughts. I don't hate him, i really don't. But I'm scared of him, scared of him hurting me much more because i really love him, like my heart and soul is in his hands. I just hope that when the time comes that we meet again, i can either face him with a smile or run away just to save myself from hurting.

"Seungyeon ah. Your shift is done, you said you have to go home early." The owner said with a sweet voice and i immediately remembered that Krystal is supposed to visit us today. I immediately finished my work and changed back to my clothes then thanked the owner then immediately went home.

"Yah ! Why are you so late ?" Krystal said as i hugged her when i got home, he brought Mark and i was glad to see him, also Minhyuk is outside our house... This girl is really really amazing.

"Im sorry, hey." I said as i hugged Mark too, lately Mark is being a good company, he isn't really that bad, i guess he really did change.

"How are you?" Mark asked me as he sat on the couch, Jungyeon was beside him and Jungyeon treats him as an older brother, they really get along well. While Krystal and I sat on the opposite side of the couch. They all looked at me.

"Don't worry about me, I'm doing fine. Jungyeon and I are good, Dad's case might just see light and we just have to get by." I smiled just to assure them, but in the back of mg head i cant even reassure myself.

Krystal, Mark and Jungyeon smiled at me and we chatted, they talked about what happened on the engagement party and what rumors they have heard, mostly of the people who worked under Dad still remains loyal. Also they told me that Mr. Lee has been appointed to be the President and maybe thats why Dad and him were fighting. We didnt notice the time we have been talking for 3 hrs non stop and Mark and Krystal decided to go home, Mark drives while Krystal's bodyguard is on another car.

"Call me when you need me arasso?" Krystal said as we hugged before they go. Mark tapped me in the arms and smiled. Mark opened the car door for Krystal and i looked at Minhyuk, his face was just like Mr. Emotionless when we just met. I just remembered him again, Minhyuk looked at me and then bowed. I waved them goodbye as they drove.

--------------
JONGHYUN's POV

Omma and I were picked up by a car sent by Abeoji, the driver said he was already at the restaurant. I was feeling awkward when i seated in the back, i have always driven the car and that thought brought a person in my mind, but i chose to set it aside because for once, i am truly happy as Lee Jonghyun, for my own self without any pretentions. We arrived at a very luxurious restaurant and i was glad i wore a suit, not looking like a bodyguard but i hope i look enough as presentable to be my father's son. 

We were greeted and escorted to a private room and there he was sitting already and i smiled at him, omma was somehow nervous. Abeoji stood up and hugged omma, he tapped my shoulder and it felt like its christmas and i received the greatest present. Abeoji pulled out the chair for omma and we all sat down. The food came and wine, Abeoji poured me and omma wine.

"You look great in a suit Jonghyun ah." He said and smiled, was he always this calm and sweet?

"Thank you sir." He smirked. My omma looked at me and i smiled at her, this is the greatest time of my life, My family is complete.

"How have you been Hyosung ah ? You're still pretty as ever."

"Ive been good." Omma said, i raised my eyebrow, somehow I'm feeling she doesn't like whats happening right now, or is it just me. My father looks amused.

"As always, a strong woman." Abeoji smiled and i smiled too. Why is mom like this ?

"Its been years, i learned how to be stronger." Omma snapped.

"Omma, waegurae ?" I asked and held her hand, she looked at me with focused eyes, then back at Abeoji. Abeoji was just smiling.

"What do you want from us ? Jonghyun has been working for you for a long time and you decide only now to be good to him? Why?" Omma said without missing a beat and i was taken aback, why is she like this ? Shes ruining the moment. I looked at Abeoji and he continued to look amused.

"Its because he has done well. Right Jonghyun ah." Abeoji said and i didnt know what to do, i looked at Abeoji and then at Omma.

"Thats not very like you, you have something going on thats why you invited us." Omma continued and i was honestly getting a little irritated at Omma, this is supposed to be the best day of my life.

"You really know me Hyosung ah. Well--" i looked at Abeoji confused. "I'll take care of Jonghyun from now on, he'll be my successor." 

Omma and my eyes grew big. What ? Su-- successor ?? Me ?!?!?

"No, you cannot have my son." Omma stood up suddenly, i looked at her.

"He is also my son." His words made me nervous. Like i should be nervous.

"Stand up Jonghyun ah. We will go." Omma said and looked at me.

"Omma--" i tried to plead.

"Now Jonghyun ah." She said and i had no choice. I bowed at Abeoji and Omma took my hand and as we were walking out,

"We'll talk soon Jonghyun ah." Abeoji said as he was still seated on the chair and we were gone.