CHAPTER 13

Fireworks

The world stopped, everything blurring out besides me and him. Only me. And him. The man that i thought was a robot-- a man who is handsomely tall, wide shoulders, perfect build and proportions, black tousled hair, chiseled nose, soft lips, long eye lashes, brown eyes that me in. But now with a smile on his face, with deep dimples. How can a cold face, turn into an angelic one, with just a smile? His brown eyes staring at mine and i was lost, if not for Krystal.

"Seungyeon ah! " i blinked three times and turned around, saw Krystal waiting for me and i turned back to Jonghyun, who was now normal... A normal person... Someone who doesn't give cold aura... As i said, normal... My heart raced. When we went to seat, the two guys as usual sat in a different table. Just like usual, they would talk to each other, but whats not usual is he is responding with reactions. Its like he isn't the man i know. Where is Lee Jonghyun, Mr. Emotionless ??? Am i dreaming? Im sure i am so awake right now. What the hell happened?

"You have been staring at them for 3 minutes now, let them eat in comfort. My bodyguard is feeling uncomfortable under your stare!" Krystal said leaning on my face. When i looked at her, our faces was just inches away. I blew on her nose. She cringed.
"Whats wrong? Youve been acting really weird. Is it something about your fathers work?" She asked while chewing on her food. 
"No, i think dad is fine. Its just that, did you notice something weird with Jonghyun ssi?" I looked at her then back at Jonghyun. Then back at her.
"Ohhhhh, so this is about him." Krystal said with her teasing voice.
"Don't be like that. See? Haven't you noticed? He smiles now !" I shouted in a whisper tone.
"So? He looks good smiling." 
"He isn't supposed to smile. He is Mr. Emotionless." I told myself
"What i cant even hear you anymore. You have to eat Seungyeonnie, we still have classes." She said and continued to finish her food. My eyes went to my food, then to Jonghyun. I gave up an just ate.

Walking to our classes and Jonghyun seating in the back, i still cant figure out why he changed. I did say he was changing, but this is a big change in one day! 360 degrees!!! Maybe times two !!! Krystal and i separated a while ago and he is talking to me now, asking me if i was alright. And I'm just blank, goosebumps all over my body and never ending heart running crazy. And whats more, everyone also noticed Jonghyun's smile, we are back to his first day, women swooning over him. But a part of me felt possessive. I cant-- too much emotions at one time.

"Seungyeon ah, i asked if you are alright?" His voice rings in the hallway. Were walking to my next class. I looked at him and stopped walking.
"Why are you talking to me now?" I asked. His smile disappeared for a moment, he blinked twice and put his smile back again. Somehow i felt him trying too hard, like forcing himself.
"For a change." He answered. My mind is fighting each other. From the other corner of my mind i am loving this new Jonghyun, but on the other corner, i can feel him pretending and i don't know if that makes me feel good or not. But i have class, so i pushed every thought i have of him to the side and decided to focus on my class. We got to the room and as usual, Jonghyun seats in the back. Now that he doesn't have a cold barrier, he looks more approachable, the girls started talking to him and he'll reply back. I can hear girl laughs and it makes me REALLY ANNOYED. Flirty girl laughs. I looked back and saw girls swarming Jonghyun, my eyebrows creased. This day is just crazy. Our prof entered and everyone seated, the prof is a guy, i wont have any problem with him falling in love with Mr. Accommodating in the back.

Krystal would probably tease me right now, its because i feel a dark aura in myself. Tch. I wouldn't feel this way if he wasn't so smiley to all the girls, he isn't supposed to talk to them! Much more smile and be all dimples here and dimples there ! He is supposed to focus on me ! What if while he talks to girls at the back someone would suddenly hurt me? Huh?!? Tch, my blood is rising. He just has to be all smiley to them and so good....

Sigh...... Was i just ranting to myself?

School ended and we are quiet in the car. I looked at him and his side profile is really handsome, no wonder girls would laugh like that earlier. Why do i feel like crying?

"Jonghyun ssi. Please stop at the ice cream shop near the stoplight please." 
"Yes miss." Miss, i forgot he calls me miss outside of school, i frowned.
He then later parked the car and we got out, when i opened the door, he stood in front of the shop like what he usually does as a bodyguard, stand outside while i do my thing.

"You don't have to stand there, come inside and eat." I said looking at him and he looked at me, he was weighing the thought but then he nodded. I walked inside and somehow my spirits lifted up. I don't know if its because of the ice cream, or him agreeing to eat with me. He wanted to eat in another table, but i said that it would be lonely for me to eat alone, so he sat in front of me. But i regretted my decision, when he sat in front of me, we both got awkward and had a hard time eating the ice cream. We cant even look at each other. But then, how come he can easily talk to the girls back then? Hmph. This guy just keeps on making me nuts. I focused on my ice cream.

"Im sorry." He said. I looked up and he is looking at me. I bet that my face was on fire. But then, i wasn't lost in his eyes but more on his thoughts, why is he sorry?
"What are you sorry for?" I want him to keep talking, to keep hearing his voice, to see his emotions and my heart is racing expecting for more from him.
"Everything. Just-- everything." He said, he looked down to his ice cream and he felt like little boy, i fought the urge to pat his head.
"Please elaborate." I said, he looked at me and blinked twice. Swallowed and spoke.
"Well -- most important of all, for my coldness to you." Damn right you should say sorry for that ! You did not know how much frustration i went under !!! But then i cant say that to him. At least he said sorry.
"Apology accepted." I said to him looking at his face. He smiled.

He smiled. Dimples and all. My heart just jumping up and down in a trampoline, my stomach just being crumpled like a paper and blood rising to my face. How??? How can someone be so beautiful???? My eyes grew big and then he continued.
"Thank you for accepting my apology." He said. I grabbed my spoon and continued eating. Wow, my thoughts are like scramming around.

(Thats because you like her) Jungyeon's voice suddenly popped in my head and i looked to him. And before i know it, it went out my mouth.
"Do you like me?" Ugh! Me and my unfiltered thoughts! But why am i expecting for an answer ? His face is blank, but not like Mr. Emotionless blank kind of face, but more like deep in thought blank kind of face. Maybe asking him was pushing him too much. 

"Sorry for asking. Nev--" 
"Yes." I was cut off. Wait what did he say?
"What?" I asked and he looked at me in the eyes.
"Yes. I like you. I like you --- Seungyeon ah."

Omona.