CHAPTER 8

Fireworks

I am walking through an illuminated park, so beautiful with all the lights, i walked through a lighted tunnel. At the end of the tunnel a wide space full of flowers are seen and a castle lighted up by lights. It is beautiful. Suddenly fireworks shoot up in the sky, so many colors up in the sky together with thousands of stars. "Seungyeon ah" i heard someone say, i turned around smiling. "Seungyeon" a face so cold saying my name. I woke up.

Im in my room, how did i end up in my room??? I scratched my head trying to remember and figuring out how i got to my room. But hell, that dream was almost perfect, what a perfect way to wake you up ? His face can be put in a horror movie and it would scare you right away. Sigh. Then i remembered, today is THE DAY. After 4pm, i will be Gong Seungyeon, eldest daughter of Gong Haneul, president of Brown Companies. Sigh.

I went downstairs for breakfast, i wont be going to school today because of the announcement so i texted Krystal.
"Yah, i wont be going to school, make sure you take down notes, i'll copy them later. And as for the explanation of the weirdness these past few days, watch the TV at 4pm." I send, a few minutes later
"Are you sick? And why is the explanation on TV?"
"Because i'll be dancing with pororo on TV. Just kidding. Just wait till 4pm, id want to be with you at that time to see your reaction but then i cant."
"You humor is really way deeper than the inner core. Arasso. Just text me later."

I didn't reply back and seated on the grand table, i ate my breakfast later joined by dad. Where is Jungyeon? And cold face ? How many nicknames have i given him? Dad and i had small talks, he told me that he'll be inviting omma and Appa later for dinner and i smiled at the thought. But that smile faded when i saw Jungyeon and Jonghyun together, laughing and smiling. They just came back from jogging. I looked at them. Our eyes met  his smile disappeared, he really dislikes me huh. Funny how he was sorry last night but just now he was laughing.

"Good morning unnie !" My attention turned to Jungyeon, i smiled at her and greeted her good morning.
"Im done eating, you should eat." I told Jungyeon and wiped my mouth with the table napkin. I stood up. Jungyeon nodded and sat.
"Oppa, come eat." Jungyeon said to now Mr. Emotionless. I looked at him and he looked at me what a cold atmosphere between us. I walked away. Just before disappearing i looked back. He is now seated in front of Jungyeon and seems like they shared a joke as his dimples was showing. Tch. It took omma and Appa and me to tell him to sit down and eat back then but at Jungyeon's word he automatically follows with a smile. I really hate him right now.

I just waited at my room. Reading a book, but i cant concentrate on what I'm reading. My head keeps on replaying his smile. Why? Why cant he do that to me ? Did i do something wrong? Have i offended him? I f he doesn't want to be my bodyguard he could easily change, he is the head of them right ? Why? It makes me feel guilty as if I've done something wrong and tears are forming in my eyes but i stopped it immediately, this is not tear worthy. A knock on the door made me jump.

I took a breathe and i opened the door. Jungyeon was smiling when i saw her, her smile is infectious that i automatically smiled too.
"Can i come in?" She asked, i said yes and let her in. She went through my books at the study table, asked about the pictures i put with omma and appa.
"I heard from Jonghyun oppa that they are very gentle people" she said as shes looking at our family picture. Oh, so Jonghyun tells you stories ? Tch.
"Theyre great people" i answered. Jungyeon looked at me and smiled.
"So what would you wear later? Shirt-jeans-sneakers is a no no unnie" what ? I didnt know it had a dress code ?
"Why cant i wear them ?" 
"Its a formal introduction that you are the eldest of the Gong family, you should look like the prettiest of them all and i do admit that you are very pretty" she said with extravagance and a smile. See? How could you hate her? She is just like a bubble of pure joy.

I sat in the bed and slumped. 
"I don't know. Im not really a fan of dressing up. I haven't even gone through the clothes i got." I pointed towards the dresser. She looked at it
"Oh, the clothes Jonghyun oppa got? Oooooh his style has improved" she said while going through the dresses, my eyebrows raised, waiting for further explanation
"Oh, whenever i shop oppa was with me, he hated it but got used to it anyway. So as time goes by he would tell me whats pretty or not. His style instincts awakened by me." She said with full of glee
What should i feel about this ? The mere fact that he talks to Jungyeon is a part of why I'm hating him right now, but the fact that he got the clothes for me by his preferences is another that i don't know how to accept and react to. Sigh

"How about this ? I think you'll look great on this." She picked a black laced short dress with a lot of exposure on my back. NO WAY.
"Too much exposure. Isn't that too y ?" I asked her with disgust on my face
"Not to me though, it looks elegant and classy and I'm sure you'll rock this dress" her smile was wide and very funny that i just smiled. I'll need her help anyways because i don't know anything about being a Gong but she does and i'll need every help. 

So i just nodded and agreed, she clapped like a seal, as i said-- she is a bubble of pure joy. She took the dress and picked a black high heels and when i saw it my eyes grew big. Oh my gummy bears~ Jungyeon was so excited that she started telling me stories of clothes that she saw on her tour, her love for traveling is very admiring, her eyes sparkles when she tells me stories, she is like a ball of energy that doesn't get tired of being happy.  We didn't notice the time until another knock was on my door

"Come in!" I shouted. And Mr. Emotionless was at the door. My smile faded, Jungyeon looked at me. I waited for what Mr. Emotionless is going to say, cold face.
"Its time to go to the salon miss" he said as he stood on the door. I remembered, he stops calling me Seungyeon when were out of the school. I am miss while Jungyeon is Jungyeon ah~~ tch. Im getting tired of this angry thing.
"I'll be down in a minute" i said in a low tone. He bowed, Jungyeon halted him and we both looked at her
"Oppa, unnie need help to bring her clothes down. Here" she handed the clothes to Jonghyun "don't you think it'll suit her ? You chose it right?" Jungyeon asked Jonghyun and i looked at him. For a moment he looked out of place, he had reaction. Funny.
"Uhmmm. Uh yes" he answered. You also stutter Mr. Emotionless ? You got to be kidding me. Tch.

He bowed and went out, i grabbed my bag and Jungyeon was smiling at me. Creepy smile.
"Why? What wrong ?" I asked her
"Nothing-- just -- i saw something funny" funny? I checked my face in the mirror before going out.
"Whats funny?" I asked, curious
"Seeeeeeeecret" she sang. This girl, she is just like Krystal on her hyper days.

I went in the car, Jungyeon said she'll follow. Jonghyun drove off and the drive was quiet as usual. What can i expect from Mr. Emotionless right ?

-------------

As for seungyeon's dress, its the kind of dress she wore on bazaar, the one with low cut in the back but black and silk with laces on the end.

Im shocked on how much subscribers I'm getting even though you don't need to, it melts my heart. Also! Its funny how i noticed that i totally interchanged Seungyeon and Jungyeons personality here.

Im really happy whenever i see that a new comment has been made!!! Thank you very much!!