CHAPTER 38

Fireworks

Krystal had the idea of going out of town, at first i was really skeptical of it-- like why the sudden decision when everything in the company is so busy and messy? But then she said it was to take a breather then i realized that yeah, maybe we should take a breathe from the buzz. Jungyeon is coming with us, so is Mark and Minhyuk-- but Jungyeon is supposed to feel excited because she is the one who loves traveling but i thinks theres something bugging her. As Jungyeon was packing her stuff i sat in her bed.

"You're not excited ?" I asked and she looked at me then she sighed and also sat in the bed. Why is she like this ?

"Unnie, whats your favorite love story?" She asked. Why the sudden question?

"Romeo and Juliet. Why?"

"Why cant you like Cinderella or something ?  Something like snow white, or sleeping beauty? Something that true loves kiss will save you?"

"Haha, why are you so serious in asking me that? Its all fictional, why are asking as if its real?"

"Nothing... Just a lot on my mind lately." She said then sighed and stood up to continue packing. She must be really stressed, but something in my heart made me think of why she asked this, maybe somehow she was worried about me and Oppa ?

"This outing will be better for us, to take our mind off things. Lets enjoy okay?" I said as i stood up and walked out of her room to let her do her stuff. And then i went to my room and sat on my study table. Checked my phone. Its been a while since Oppa texted me... I wonder how he is, i dont even see him at the office anymore. Sigh. I miss his touch, i miss his scent, i miss how i feel in his arms... Krystal was right, we all needed to take our mind off things.

----
We used Mark's van so we would take 1 car only for us and it would be spacious. Krystal and Mark arrived at our house early in the morning, i asked Lady Oh to prepare food for us so she made sandwiches and fruits and other stuff, i was thankful. We were on the road as the sun rose and shone. It was a beautiful day, even though it was winter it was a fine day. We were on the road and Mark was driving and Krystal was at the front, Minhyuk was behind and Jungyeon and i were in the middle. Krystal blasted the sounds and we were singing and turning the car into a club and we were having fun. I noticed Minhyuk kept on staring at me.

"Loosen up a little bit Minhyuk ssi" how do i usually call him again? I just call him Minhyuk in my head, but was i supposed to call him oppa ? His eyes grew but made no difference, he really has squinty eyes. He just nodded and smiled. We were all having fun, as the drive was a long one some of us slept through the drive and we also drove through fast food restaurants. We arrived at the pension house it was already afternoon. Krystal overdid the booking, the pension house was big enough to accommodate 20 people!!! Aigoo this girl. As we went inside, we immediately started to fix our things so we can cook for dinner. Jungyeon and i were tasked to grilling.

Jungyeon and i started to cook meat, we left Mark, Krystal and Minhyuk at the kitchen as the grill is at the yard. I know its a little awkward between then, but thats their business. Its sister time for Jungyeon and I.

"Its been a while since we really talked and relaxed right?" I said as we both started the fire. Jungyeon looked at me and smiled, her being a bubble of joy didn't change but it lessened, must have been the stress.

"Its been a while. You've been working hard." Jungyeon said then she put down the torch and hugged me. I hugged her back and i can almost cry but I'm choosing not to, because this is a happy day. But i cant help to think how we started as sisters, i didn't even know then that i had a sister. But she came in my life like a bullet, just one day then BABAM! I have a sister. My very own bubble of joy little sister who is so much stronger and smarter than me. She squeezed me tighter and i felt her smile in my neck, i let out a squeal.

"Thats enough, we wont be able to make fire !" Then she broke the hug and smiled, the happy smile. I missed her being bubbly. Then the fire started and we grilled meat, sausage, we cooked sweet potatoes, also we had seafood YUM! As we were grilling outside, we noticed that we haven't heard Krystal's voice for a while, i was expecting that she'll be shouting or maybe we'll hear metals clashing so i got curious and left the meat with Jungyeon and went to take a look inside. I was shocked at what i saw.

Krystal sitting on the table very quietly with open which is very rare. I looked at the counter and i think i followed Krystal's expression. Mark and Minhyuk both wearing an apron, Mark was cutting vegetables with very skilled hands and Minhyuk flipping the pan as he stir fried something over a fire OH MY GOD, who are they? They look like they're professional chefs !!!! Then Mark looked at me.

"Oh! Seungyeon ah! Hows the meat going ?" He asked while chopping and mixing something in the bowl. Then Minhyuk and Krystal looked at me and i was slightly taken aback.

"Oh-- uhhh.. Uhh its good." Then Minhyuk and Mark smiled and went back to what they were doing. I looked at Krystal who was also looking at me. We talked with our eyes.

'What the hell?'
'I don't know too!'
'Have you seen them like this?'
'Never !' And then i smiled, her heart must be going crazy, for all i know her heart is leaning towards Mark, but i guess she still slightly likes Minhyuk.

Then for some reason, my mind shifted towards oppa, imagining him chopping vegetables, mixing ingredients in a bowl, totally focused on cooking... Sigh, I'm just missing him. 

I went back to Jungyeon and i told her what happened in the kitchen, she laughed and then i followed. Krystal's face was really funny and we haven't seen her like that before.

"She must be going crazy." Jungyeon said.

"I know hahahaha" we were both laughing .

Cooking dinner was done, having dinner just finished. Mark and Minhyuk should open a restaurant, their food was amazing !!! It was really really good. We finished everything and everyone started to clean up, Jungyeon presented to wash the dishes and Minhyuk accompanied her. Krystal and Mark are bickering about where to put the remaining ingredients used a while ago, i just wiped the table. Its so good to see everyone outside the complicated world of companies and business, who would've thought Mark had a really cute side whenever he is with Krystal? And Minhyuk being so comfortable to be with. I am happy, but theres just one person missing.

*ding dong* the door bell rang, we all looked at each other.

"I thought we canceled the chicken?" I said and none of them were talking. They're just frozen.

*ding dong* the bell rang for the second time. Since no one is moving and I'm the closest to the door, i ran to open it. Just as i opened it, Krystal shouted my name from the kitchen.

"Sorry---" i was about to apologize to the chicken delivery... But it wasnt chicken delivery.

"Seungyeon ah." Scratch what i said a while ago, everyone is here.

"Oppa---"