CHAPTER 7

Fireworks

2 days passed by and i haven't talked to Jonghyun at all. Oh yes, i wont call him Jonghyun ssi anymore, I'm tired of it. I have exerted my best understanding of his coldness to me but not anymore. He would drive me to school, go with me through classes, drive me to my work, to my parents and back to the mansion without a squeak to him. He probably likes this way right ? Since he has been doing the same to me since we met. And seeing how happy he smiles when he is with Jungyeon only confirms my thought. He likes Jungyeon, thats for sure. And me ? Oh im just another errand to bother him from Jungyeon. Tch, so hateful.

"Seungyeon ah. Tomorrow at 4pm will be the announcement of you. Everything is prepared. So please be prepared also." Dad said as we were eating dinner, Jungyeon seating in front of me with a worried expression but a smile on her face.

These past few days, Jungyeon and i haven't had the chance to bond since I'm busy with school and work. But it seems like she has bonded with Mr. Dimples. But i cant bring myself to hate her, why should i ? She is my sister and she loves me and im learning that im starting to like her, we match just like with Krystal. But everytime i see that she can make Jonghyun smile, i feel a pang of jealousy.

I have weighed the thought that maybe i like Jonghyun but thats impossible, he is not my type ! He hates me and is cold to me, there is nothing to like besides his God given looks. I have also thought that maybe i am jealous of Jungyeon, but thats impossible too, because we have different lifestyle. So i dont really know what is happening with me.

"Seungyeon ah, are you listening?" Dad said breaking me off from my thoughts.
"Oh sorry, what was it again?" Dad smiled.
"I said that after the announcement, i would like you to stop your part time job, you dont need it anyways."
"Oh" i looked at my hands. My work, i have adapted to it well. I guess i have to right ?
"Unnie, are you ok?" Jungyeon said and i looked at her, she is really beautiful. Sharp features and a beautiful smile. Sigh.
"Yeah, im fine-- just nervous i guess"
"Dont worry, thats why Jonghyun is here" dad said and smiled at Jonghyun. I looked at him with a cold expression and looked back to my food and continued eating. I looked at Jungyeon and she was raising an eyebrow at me, then smiled.

After dinner, Jonghyun told me that dad was calling me to his office so we went. In the office Jonghyun briefed me of what was to happen tomorrow.

"Miss seungyeon will be at the salon in 1pm to get ready. Then at 3pm we will head to the press conference and will wait till 4 pm for the announcement. No statements will be given by miss seungyeon. After the press conference we will head home." Mr. Emotionless said but nothing really got in my head. Dad dismissed Jonghyun and we were left alone.
"Are you scared ?" Dad asked and i answered yes. He said that i have nothing to be scared about because he will make sure that i am safe and happy always. I smiled and said goodnight. When i got out of dads office, Mr. Emotionless was waiting outside. And can i just say that ever since he changed his suit, he mostly wears white shirts now, and damn it ! It makes it hard for me to ignore him.
When i closed the door, i looked at him then continued to walk leaving him behind me.

"Sorry." That stopped me from walking. I turned around and he is still Mr. Emotionless. I turned around again and continued walking. He didn't follow anymore. Saying sorry with that face? How am i supposed to believe it then ? Damn it. I got to my room, took a deep breathe and prepared for bed. Wearing my favorite PJs and loose shirt, i laid on the bed. The moment i closed my eyes his face popped up 'sorry'. Immediately opened my eyes, how am i supposed to sleep now then ? Ugh. I sat up and took a breathe. I checked the time, 1 am. Its late but i cant sleep.
Library. I want to go to the library. I stood up and went to the library, a little bit lost but i managed, when i opened the library the light was on. 
"Hello? Is someone here ?" No answer. I smell vanilla again. Maybe someone left the lights open. I grabbed a book, pride and prejudice. Even though i know this by heart, id like to read it again. Sitting on the comfy chair and i read it. Minutes later i fell asleep.

~~~~~~~
Wearing grey loose shirt and grey track pants, i decided to get a book to read. Her cold face to me when i said sorry was like a slap to my face, is that what she was feeling when i do that to her ? Remembering what Jungyeon said,
"You might not know it, but your cold expression is really scary, and offensive. No wonder she turned cold to you too."

I didn't mean to be cold, and I'm not usually cold. Its just that-- every time I'm with her i freeze, i cant relax. How do i explain? I don't even know myself. Sigh.

But anyways, what book shall i read ? I turn on the lights. Running my fingers in the books, i heard the door open.

"Hello? Is someone here?"