CHAPTER 21

Fireworks

Mark Tuan. I have to do a research on him. Hmmmm. Following Krystal i found her on the garden outside the hall. She was sitting on the swing while her two bodyguards was beside her.

"Hey." I said as i approached her. She looked at me and smiled slightly. I looked at oppa and he understood immediately what i want to say. He talked to Krystal's bodyguards and gave us space to talk, they can still see us but cant hear us.

"Good thing your bodyguard is nice." Krystal said.

"He's now my boyfriend." I said and Krystal's face wasn't shocked. I raised an eyebrow.

"What? You think i wont notice if my best friend has a boyfriend ?" She said with a little sarcasm and i smiled.

"Then why didn't you say so?"

"I was waiting for you to admit it. I was just happy for you, and sad. It must be hard for you both--hiding."

"I know." Our voices lowered.

"But i would want to hide as much as pushing through this engagement and wedding. I have to pick a wedding dress tomorrow do you know that?" She said and i can hear in her voice that she is about to cry.

"He told me something though, just before you left." Krystal looked at me, her eyes watery.

"He said you're the game changer. His exact words. He said that when he met you he stopped playing and that he is starting to like you." Krystal was just blank.

"He was just saying that. He is just doing what his father has told him. We both don't want this. He told me that the first time we knew were getting married." She said, like convincing herself she was right.

"Well, i dont really know him. But i know you, and what im getting from you is youre scared of liking him too." Krystal's eyes shoot up to mine, big and scared. She suddenly started crying.

"I am... I-- i think - im start-- starting to like him..." I hugged her. 

"Then tell me whats wrong."

"I love Minhyuk." She said as she broke the hug and looked at my eyes then to the floor.

"Minhyuk? Who is he?" She looked to the bodyguards. 

"The one always with you? His name is Minhyuk?" My eyes grew big. She stopped crying.

"You don't remember his name?" Krystal asked

"No i don't, sorry." She frowned and i looked again at the bodyguards. Then back to Krystal.

"I love Minhyuk, he doesn't know. And I'm starting to like Mark. Im such a bad girl right? What do i do ?" Her face is troubled.

"Well first, we truly are best friends. Falling for our guards. Second, that really happens. Third, get to know them both first then decide, your heart will know when you know them both ---or thats what novels had taught me." She smirked. 

"You now have a boyfriend and you still learn from novels ? " i smiled at her.

Krystal straightened up and wiped her tears, she asked if i had a mirror and i opened my purse and gave her my mirror. She fixed her face and took deep breaths. See, she really is a strong girl.

"Im gonna know them both. I'll give Mark a chance. Get to know Minhyuk also. Theres nothing wrong with knowing them both right ?"

"Right." I nodded.

"Sigh. I really need to shop at these times." I laughed.

"Jungyeon would be more than happy to go with you."

"What about you?"

"Oh me? You know thats not my style haha, but if you want me to come i would."

"Oh no, if you come we will all end up in a bookstore." We both laughed. We stood up and walked towards the bodyguards and i smiled at oppa. Krystal took deep breaths before we go back to the ball. 

When we were inside, Krystal went and looked for Mark. She told me that she will talk with him and figure out her feelings. She hugged me and told me to tell Jungyeon that they should shop tomorrow. I nodded an told her good luck. I found Jungyeon and relayed Krystal's invitation and she agreed, i also told Jungyeon that i would go home first so she kissed me and i went to look for dad to say goodbye too. When i said my goodbyes to everyone including Mark and Krystal, i told Oppa to drive us somewhere for just us too. While driving, Oppa never let go of my hand and he kisses it casually an every time i reward him with a smile. Oppa parked the car somewhere that overlooks the city lights and very quiet and just the two of us. We went out and i took in the cold night breeze and got awed at the beautiful sight. Oppa took off his coat and put it on me, he side hugged me and i rested my head on his chest. Sigh.

"Oppa, how can this be so beautiful?"

"I know. But of course youre much more prettier than everything else." He laughed.

"Liar." He kissed my forehead. Sigh.

"You know, you might turn to dust with my love for you. Im scared you might disappear." I looked at him and he smiled a little.

"First, your love for me wont make me into dust because thats just impossible." I touched his cheek and he closed his eyes and leaned towards my touch. "Second, nothing will make me disappear from your life. I promise that." He opened his eyes and he leaned in to kiss me softly.

"I think i wont ever get tired of kissing you. Your lips might disappear haha." His laugh always makes my heart jump with joy.

"That-- i think is possible." We both laughed and we looked into the view.

"I love you Seungyeon ah"

"I love you too, oppa"