CHAPTER 36

Fireworks

Oppa has been very distant this past few weeks, whenever we are in the meeting he doesnt even glance at me or text me. Im worried, its not like he is going back in his words right ? He is better than that type of person.

"Oppa, you are fine right ? Please take care of yourself." I texted him, i hoped for a reply but none came.
------------
JONGHYUN's POV
i have been avoiding Seungyeon this past few weeks, its because im starting my plan. And i dont want Abeoji to think that Seungyeon helped me, i want her hands clean and that this is all me. I have backtracked every information i have given Abeoji for the past year and im compiling it one by one. After that i would probably pass it to the HR of the company and the board of directors. After that i have no plans, as long as Seungyeon's family is fine, it will be fine with me as well.

Sigh. It is snowing, that probably means her birthday is coming up soon. I wish i can spend her birthday with everyone, i wish by the time her birthday comes, everything will be resolved-- but there is so much more to do.

"Young master, sir is looking for you." The bodyguard Abeoji assigned for me said from inside the room as i was out the balcony seeing the snow. I entered the room and went to Abeoji's office. When i opened the door he said for me to sit down. He sat down in front of me.

"Im sending you abroad." He said as he looked up from his glass of whiskey to my eyes. For a moment my breathe stopped, abroad ? Away from here ? Away from everyone ? Away from Seungyeon ?

"Abeoji--"

"No buts... You've been there before right ? It shouldn't be hard, continue your masters or live freely i don't care. Thats what you want right? To live freely? Then I'm letting you do it." He said nonchalantly. Is this really my father ? Is this who he really is ? He doesn't really care for me ! He doesnt even think of me ! My body felt hot, my heart beat faster, my hands balled into fists.

"No" i said standing up. "I am not leaving." I said as i looked at him in the eyes, this is the first time im standing up against him, face to face. He looked at my eyes. He was furious but he was silent.

"You have guts to say no to me now huh, is it because of Seungyeon?" I shivered as i heard Seungyeon's name come out of Abeoji's mouth, i feared for Seungyeon. But im not backing down.

"No. This is about being your son. I am an adult too, you have to ask me first whether id like to accept your decisions for my life. I have the right to make decisions for my life. Abeoji-- i have made every effort for you to love me, for you to acknowledge me, for you to care for me. But theres a limit of what i can do for you, i dont want to be a bad person Abeoji. I dont want you to become one too, but it seems its too late for us both." I said as i looked into his eyes, hoping he would somehow understand my heart. He just blinked and sighed, then stood up.

"You are leaving in three days. You have no choice or else i'll hurt everyone. I am the bad guy here Jonghyun ah, don't make yourself one by disobeying me." He said then left the office. My knees gave up and i ended up sitting back down, this isnt how things are --supposed to happen. Im supposed to fix things right, not worsten it by Abeoji hurting everyone. What should i do ? I stood up, walked to my room, acted normal just in case the guards are watching me. I closed the door and grabbed my phone, went inside the bathroom and turned the water on.

"Minhyuk, its me Jonghyun. I need help." I texted Minhyuk, he is the least person my Abeoji can think of.

"Hyung, whats wrong? What help do you need?" He replied in an instant.

"I have to break out, im running away or else my father will be sending me abroad."

"How can i help?" 

"Can you tell Krystal everything i just said and warn Seungyeon? And to keep everything quiet? I'll be breaking out in three days, after that i'll be taking Seungyeon with me. Tell her that."

"Hyung you know that she is still angry with you right ?"

"I know, but this is the only way i can think of, if i go abroad, Abeoji will just continue what he did, if i dont take Seungyeon away, Abeoji will just hurt her. Im fixing everything, tell Krystal that-- to just trust me on this one." 

"Arasso hyung. Be careful."

"Thanks. And don't text me, I'm being watched. Wait for me to text first okay?"

"I understand." After that, i washed my face just so i looked like i really used the bathroom. Before i go out, i texted omma.


-------------------
Sorry for being out, I'm very busy with my studies and I'm just squeezing writing the story either before i go to sleep or if I'm waiting for my prof. I cant promise you regular updates but i promise to update. Thanks for waiting on the story.